logo

CDI College
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 5197451140
I really regret going to CDI College, but as a confused teen I really didn't know what to do with my life after highschool. So, I heard CDI College offered great programs, and that they helped you find a placement all in less than 1 year. "Great" I thought...boy was I wrong.
Here we are 4 years later and I still don't have a job in what I studied. I took the 8 month acc&payroll admin course, cost $11, 000 and let me tell you, I took accounting in highschool (up to grade 11) and I didn't learn anything new at CDI (except for payroll, but I'm sure that's covered in grade 12). This school gave me absolutely NO confidence for entering the field, it was like joke, everyone left early, sometimes even the teacher didn't know what she was talking about, we ended later than scheduled because of CONSTRUCTION going on in the college so we were cancelled for 2 weeks because of dangerous fumes from the construction!
I now really wished I had gone to a REAL community college, it would had been cheaper and I would have gotten a real education. A correspondence course would have been better since 80% of the time I spent at CDI was with a textbook and a computer in frot...I hardly got any teacher student time like they promised.
I'm writing this so no one makes the same mistake I did by going to this joke of a college. I wish I had read some reviews before applying, but it's too late for me, please save yourself from CDI aka Everest!
Comments Canada Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jul, 2010 by   circumvent +3 Votes
I had the same experience with the "business administration" program. The course material was GENERAL LEVEL high school material at best and all of the modules only covered the basics of each topic. I too have no job in my field and it is not for lack of trying either. It was basically a wham-bam-thank you mam course. was also confused, down on my luck and was suckered in by their false promises and glossy ads. When I went to the school initially it was called Toronto school of business...then CDI and now Everest. All basically the same package. Fast food education that doesnt deliever the goods.
 1st of Nov, 2010 by   ratedr +2 Votes
They told me I qualify for the Addiction Worker course, even with a criminal record. When my funder wanted that in writing, they changed their story. Now they are refusing to return my registration fee. Going for an interview at CDI college is much like walking on a used car lot full of lemons, riddled with desperate sales people with low morals.
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   Jennifer Mazerolle 0 Votes
I am currently attending the APA program at CDI Calgary North Campus. Everything was fine until we got to the accounting part. I was put with a teacher who cannot spell, does not read from any book and has such a strong accent myself and other students cannot make out what she says. I approached the person in charge and have been forced to change my program to BAT, I am going to have to pay back all the grant money and I got told by the school that I am racist and have caused physical and verbal altercations. When all I did was report a teacher. I have been told if I talk to any student or teacher except the ones I am supposed to that I will be kicked out of school. So if you do choose to attend CDI do not complain while you are there. There is barely any teacher instructing, it is mostly all self taught by reading books and using their computers. They payroll section of my course, I am being charged 5000$ and you can do it yourself online through CPA for under 2000. I am so disappointed with CDI. I will make sure to tell everyone my experience and that I would recommend any other REAL institution not this make shift pretend college!!!
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   x CDI Student 0 Votes
I too had issues with CDI College the teachers are past CDI students that couldn't get jobs.So I had an English teacher who took Oil and Gas didn't get a job read out of the book chapter by chapter . I thought we were in college not preschool. I'm supposed to be on a practicum right now as they had promised but no help and no results. I had to fight to get them to call one of the practicums and even then there was no follow up on their end. I took the BAM program at he Calgary North Campus. I also had a teacher who was fasting for her faith. She stated that she was so hunger that she couldn't concentrate SHE IS OUR TEACHER we pay big bucks for our schooling.. This is what we pay for uneducated teachers.
 5th of Apr, 2012 by   Mimi Beh +1 Votes
After hearing my daughter's story about attending CDI for only 2 months and the money she has to put out for loans to pay for this bs of a school with un-certified teachers and feels she has learned nothing from this. She has learned more from legal studies in high school! I am appalled that the government of Canada has NOT stepped in and investigated this "school". They are scamming poor, individuals as trying to make their life better with an education. THIS NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT. It HAS to be STOPPED!
 19th of May, 2012 by   Scam Bust 0 Votes
CDI College is a fraud, a scam, and a joke. Do not waste your time or money on any of their worthless "certificates."
 12th of Jun, 2012 by   adam Pelikan 0 Votes
well i am attending cdi and they told me its all hands on and easy to do next thing you no i get surprised with certificate exams. i attended this skool because i thought it was good i dont even have a computer im on disibility they wont pay for a computer and osap asked me to get quotas for computers and 3 different stores i did and they would send me a check to pay for a computer then 3 months later they say they need proof of my disibilitys what more do they want now im in a class were you need a computer theres to text books. i feel like ive been lied to and manipulated what else can i do any suggestions email me at fluffycatno_01@hotmail.com any hints or ideas let me no any way to get my money back
 12th of Jun, 2012 by   adam Pelikan 0 Votes
ive been dicked around here and its not fair. and to top it off in my first class attending this course 5 weeks later the teacher say heres your pass for labsim and voucher to do certificate i was told hands on all abunch of crap. and if you fail your certificate exams you need to pay 175 that shocked me alot i was so surprised any one help me
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   mrasimonline 0 Votes
CDI College SCAM -

I will be creating a website called cdicollegscams.com - stay tuned, once its up, i will let you all know. here is what happened to us.

My wife got admission in CDI college a month ago, she is immigrant and was excited to get admission in CDI College, after getting rejected to get admission from university for not having pre requisite, , She found CDI college and went to get information, after that they called her and persue her to get admission, they did all the paperwork and got her loan approved for $18000 for 1 year course, same course in university cost only $8000.

There was entry exam that 5 year old can passs, and they gave her admission in Pharmacy Technician.

Anyway, they made her sign alot of documents which she signed without reading, becuase 1. English isnt her first language, 2. If student is going to College, they gonna trust college and not worry about reading details, in which one page say, if she withdrawn or terminated, while 1 to 10% of course, she pay 25 % of fee which is $6000, if she complete 10% to 50% of course, she pay 60% which is about $12000, and over 50% completion u pay full $18000.

So after a month she came home and told me that CDI ask her to leave because she failed exam twice and there was a claw that if you fail twice, you cannot continue the program, she is 2 day more than 10% so she is at 10.2 % so she comes in 60% category and have to pay $12000 to the govt as govt student loan already paid the CDI. I MEAN WOW>.

sooooo now we are in debt of $12000 of govt student for going to CDI for 30 days, , and not getting any certification or any good education. oh and yeah, IT WASNT EVEN A DIPLOMA, it was certification course.

1 teacher was teching all the courses.. BAsically my wife's education career is gone, becuase now she would have to pay the $12000 student loan and dont even get any education and have nothing to show for it.

She had 5 exams and 15 quizzes in a month in which she failed 2, and they kicked her out and kept all the money and now we have to pay $12000 to govt student loan.

I know a guy who came from Pakistan, he was looking for job in IT and came to me for help to find him job in IT as i work in IT, 2 weeks later he told me he was hired by CDI college as teacher, he had no teaching experience, and no teaching degree... This is what their teacher standard are. but if you are in a class FOR A DAY and you quit, well u pay 25% feee, and i have that in record voice from the Director of CDI College which i will be sending to media soon.

I will be protesting outside the CDI college Edmonton downtown with a board sign, will distribute flyer mentionning their policies, and how they destroying student lifes, I will have 2 IPADS, showing videos from Global Trouble Shooter on Youtube - IF I CAN SAVE FEW STUDENT GETTING TRAPPED IN THEIR SCAM, I THINK THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

I f anyone want to join me, please contact me, @ mrasimonline@gmail.com and i will give you my phone number. Thanks
 1st of Oct, 2012 by   Undefined101 0 Votes
I have to agree in regards to CDI, I was in the addictions program this year for 5 months before I was dropped out of the program due to my low marks on the last 2-3 exams. There modules were a complete waste of my time & money. Now I'm stuck with a 15k loan that I must start paying back. I feel as though I was in a place full of empty promises, false information & claims. I wish I'd done my research about this "college" before getting sucked in.

Luckily, now I understand that when something's too good to be true, it usually is. I do plan on going back to school in the near future, but a public and more respectable school, so I can graduate with a job. I found it interesting that CDI is aka Everest & there credits can't be transferred to other schools either. Anyways I hope no one else falls into their trap and sees that based on all the information found here will show future students to stop before it's too late.
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   Tamed Rage 0 Votes
I currently am supposed to be attending CDI South Campus in Calgary, AB but I have complained to the instructor director and student relations with no results but being told just pay the $900.00 so you can transfer to the North East Campus. Well I asked for a break down of why they needed the money well I wasn't given one. I went to the director well the director just basically told me that i had the options of dropping out staying at the campus or transfering well i chose to transfer. I am wanting to get with a few people on this and file a lawsuit to get the justice we deserve from these scammers.
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   Tamed Rage 0 Votes
We need to band together and fight this education injustice against us as students and as human beings...I am planning on starting an investigation into the South Calgary Campus because I was lied to numerous times not only by representatives but also by the school themselves...
 15th of May, 2013 by   pissedstudent 0 Votes
I TOTALLY AGREE!! I go to CDI Edmonton South and i take "Oil and Gas Administration" My campus has been on the news 3 times this year because of falsely giving out diplomas for Nursing! AND how were promised hands on training and all this bullshit. I Paid 16000 for nothing. I sit in front of a computer. no training, no real teachers.. Im supposed to be on my practicum AS WE SPEAK! but yet i sit here playing on Facebook and typing complaints about this place because i have nothing else to do.. A dozen teachers have quit as well as many students have dropped out.. if it wasnt for the crazy amount of money i paid to come here maybe i would have dropped out a long time ago too. CDI COLLEGE IS A SCAM save your money and spread the word about how much of a waste of time it really is!!!
 15th of May, 2013 by   yikes23 -2 Votes
To the person above. How ignorant are you to call down the place you will have a diploma from the rest of your life? It's really sad how many of you feel. I guess our society needs it's fair share of losers and jerks, not everyone can be a positive contributing and successful person!
 16th of Jul, 2013 by   Ambey +1 Votes
I attended CDI college as well . I'm not sure how much I am aloud to say but my opinion is its a horrible school and a major rip off. I have called my loans investigation department didn't receive much help I got a hold of the investigation department at the school also no help. I am paying off a loan that should have been refunded because of the situations that occurred at the school and why I quiet. Really the best advice I could give is avoid CDI
 2nd of Aug, 2013 by   former instructor - vancouver +1 Votes
I have been a CDI employee (instructor) for almost 10 years now, and will soon be happily unemployed. Why? Because I cannot stand to work for such an unethical company, president, regional VPs, and campus directors... to say nothing of all the lies told to students by the admission reps.
When I was first hired - it was with the old CDI (Canadian owned and grown), before they were bought out by Corrintian College Inc of the US. It was then micromanaged into the ground only to be sold to the Eminata group whose owner has a fake (honorary) degree - and just uses the local companies as a front to rip-off the Canadian government (via student loans that will most likely never be paid back) and to send the money to Korea to show what a wonderful "Christian" he is.
The old motto used to be: "When student's succeed - We succeed." Which meant the business success was built on helping students do well and then refer their friends and acquaintances.
The new motto of: "We change lives through education." Basically means for a lot of students that they get a second rate education (at best) and end up with a huge student loan to pay back. Yes, a big lesson learned.
If the students are fortunate to get a great instructor (and there are lots) their instructor will probably get minimal support from the college hierarchy, and will probably not last long. When I was first hired, the person who had been there the shortest amount of time had seven years seniority. Now, the students are lucky if their instructors actually stay to teach the whole program and most instructors only teach a few courses or only last for a few months until they can find a better job.
I could say a whole lot more, but will be saving my ten years worth of dirt for possibly a wrongful dismissal law suite.
How did such a great company go so wrong? I think when the focus changed from quality to greed - with the new owners - everything was doomed from that point on.
Do some students succeed? Yes, absolutely based on their own efforts. Any degree or diploma is just a foot in the door to a job. From that point on, it is always up to the student to prove them self and their learning. I just wish the college would become more student focused again, and actually help the students succeed, rather than the graduates not even being able to get practicums as "CDI is not or (no longer) recognized." (A very common experience for students to hear from prospective employers.)
 12th of Aug, 2013 by   PScott +1 Votes
I attended CDIs addictions course a few years ago at a lower mainland bc location. While attending I became pregnant and could not finish my course. I found the instructors I had were both fabulous but the school it's self was crap. I had to pay 14000 for my course but was apparently only approved by student loans for 12000 of it. (I will obviously be looking into that a bit more as the tuition never touched my hands but every penny went right to CDI) For withdrawing I never received any sort if refund even though I didn't even receive all of my text books etc. I actually in their eyes still owed over 2000 (the difference between my tuition and what student loans approved) which was sent to collections. I hope someone takes these asses Down.
 11th of Sep, 2013 by   Elvis Smith 0 Votes
CDI treats it's instructors like peons...they are totally unprofessional in every way. It should be names: Mickey Mouse U...don't waste your time and money go to a real government college in the province of your choice. A real goverment college or university will be able to provide you with transferal credits that can be used to turn your college diploma into a college or university degree. I don't think that is possible with CDI.
 30th of Sep, 2013 by   Da_ve 0 Votes
CDI IS F**** GARBAGE I GO TO THE QUEBEC CITY CAMPUS AND IT'S BUSSHIT A FIVE YEAR OLD COULD PASS OUR TEST !!! ALL THE COLLÈGE WANTS IS MONEY !!!

They are telling you to work has a team, so you do ... here is how they grade us(in each f*** module) first you will have to do a first test thats counts for 30% then you will have to do a final test that counts for 40%... ure team work will count for 25% and ure participation for 5% ... OH and u have to pass a least ure last test with 50% ... but let see ... if i get 15/30 in my first test 20/40 in my last test i have cummulated 35/70 ... now even if do f*** all in my team work the teacher will give me 20/25 ( trust me me and my boddies did it on purpose) and then thewy will give u 5/5 in participation even if i did f*** all in the course and even if i didnt show up ... guess what 15+20+20+5= 60 !!! so i pass !!! oh yeah !!!

they want u too pass so they have good statistical number ... basicly this school f**** garbage

+ in qc city campus they never clean the classes i have trow chips crumbs on the ground last month and they are still there !!! this summer our class temp was 30 degree and up always the a/c was never working ... ( i'm paying 11800$ )

DONT GO TO CDI COLLEGE DONT GO DONT GO DONT GO !!!
 23rd of Oct, 2013 by   Duffy Duck 0 Votes