logo

Spells
www.luckymojo.com is fake
2. (25 mins ago)
MyIncomeSciences.com
People should stay far away from this type of business
3. (27 mins ago)
Poor Work by Shalom Interiors

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CashCall / www.CashCall.com Complaints & Reviews - Harassment and outrageous interest rates!

CashCall / www.CashCall.com Contacts & Informations

CashCall / www.CashCall.com

Posted:    Valerie

Harassment and outrageous interest rates!

The outrageous practices of CASH CALL include harassment, threats, high interest rates... please start the ball rolling on an investigation towards a CLASS ACTION. It's causing me anxiety, stress and illness... this business and OWNER PAUL REDDAM must be stopped. Paul Reddam has violated these laws before, been sued and lost before with DI TECH and his other lending companies. They are legalized loan sharks preying on the less fortunate during low points of financial chaos. They act like they are offering you help from debt and they put you in deeper debt charging nearly 100% interest rates.

We all know we took out loans, but they are ruining our lives with harassment and outrageous interest rates, please fight for our rates to at least be lowered to a decent standard for everyone and/ or shut this awful company down for poor business practices and unlawful tactics!!

They call work when letters are written to stop calling places of employment, they harass family members who personally ask them to stop contacting them. I have started filing these documents and calls are logged with entries to begin the process of stopping these bonus driven employees that treat you with disrespect and are motivated by greed and competition. Dateline NBC should begin the investigation and expose them too!

It's causing me anxiety, stress and illness... this business and OWNER PAUL REDDAM must be stopped. Paul Reddam has violated these laws before, been sued and lost before with DI TECH and his other lending companies. They are legalized loan sharks preying on the less fortunate in financial chaos. They act like they are offering you help from debt and they put you in deeper debt charging nearly 100% interest rates.

Contact these plaintiffs for inside horror stories! Contact this Law FIRM for help and share your stories.

James Galbert et al v. Cashcall Inc et al
Plaintiffs: James Galbert, Richard Harris and Mark Kardos
Defendants: Cashcall Inc, Paul Reddam and Does 1 through 10

Case Number: 8:2007cv00831
Filed: July 19, 2007
_______________________
Cashcall

LR&O is investigating the practices of Cashcall, an internet lender. Cashcall charges high interest rates and requires internet-only loan transactions. We are interested in finding out more about Cashcall's practices.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Nov, 2008 by   domenique 0 Votes
These people are very rude and unprofessional and they're really stressful. I would also like to be contact about the class action suit.
 15th of Nov, 2008 by   Cashcall Hater 0 Votes
I fix credit reports, and I have seen this creditor pop up on so many of them! I dont understand how they are in business? Their interest rate is completely illegal and I guess they assume that if the consumer signs the document, then it must be binding.

To borrow $5, 000, and pay $254 per month for 84 months turns out to be about $21, 336. Not even car loans calculate this way! If you pay for 24 months, you can resonably pay off the original amount owed at 18% interest rate and then tell them to get lost!

Do ever allow a debt collector or CashCall to have access to your checking account through EFT. if you have an EFT set up with them, I suggest calling your bank to report your check book stolen and get a new account number. Having dealt with them many times, they have never come after any of my clients legally...since this is an illegal interest rate.

And this does terrible things to your credit score as well...haveing a $5000 loan and making 2 years worth of payments to only have $200 of principal credited, thats terrible!

Cashcall will threaten you with "your credit will be reported late, you signed something stating you would pay this...etc, etc."

Your score will be hurt no more than it already is being hurt...for the 2 years that you have had it so far...even in "good status'! I have told them number times to "get lost" and never contact my clients again. You can also call a credit attorney in your city and pay like $100 for them to write a letter to make them permanently "go away".

I dont think any consumer can comprehend what their payments are being applied to with this company. Cashcall focuses on flexible loans and low monthly payments...but why would you want to pay for 7 years???

They should be in Jail with AIG. Dont recommend Cashcall to anyone.
 15th of Nov, 2008 by   Cashcall Hater 0 Votes
EVERYONE: Please file complaints against Cashcall's business practices at FTC.GOV
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Joe R 0 Votes
PEOPLE PAH-LEASE!!! I too needed money in a desperate situation but when I read the loan docs I said, SCREW THIS SHIZZLE!!" I only needed $2500 but after reading the loan docs I would have to pay back approx $10, 000!!!
I was like, "HELLS NO!" So I suffered for like a year but got a better job and could still use a small personal loan but will wait it out till I can get a legitimate deal. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELVES!!!
You signed it, that means YOU AGREED TO IT PEOPLE!!! No one put a gun to your head!
 30th of Nov, 2008 by   Josephine Thomas 0 Votes
I would like to be included if there is a class action suit.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   JD 0 Votes
Contact your state attorney general (This is the beginning of the end for CASHCALL)

STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Normal Googel
Phone: (800) 368-8808

Release Date: October 8, 2008
Attorney General McGraw Sues California-based Internet Lender for "Sham" to Avoid State Regulations In Predatory Loans

Attorney General Darrell McGraw saw the irony, but not the humor, in CashCall’s national ads featuring one-time child star, Gary Coleman, of the popular television show, "Diff’rent Strokes, " exclaiming enthusiastically, "I love you CashCall" and "CashCall you’re awesome."

Today, McGraw’s office sued the California-based Internet lender for pushing predatory loans with interest rates of up to 99% APR on West Virginia consumers least able to afford them. When consumers inevitably defaulted, CashCall unleashed a barrage of collection abuse and harassment, including threats to visit consumers at their place of employment and charge them fees for the trip according to numerous complaints filed with the Attorney General.

"CashCall created a business model intended to fly under the protective radar of West Virginia laws that set limits on interest rates to protect consumers from financial calamity. It is these kinds of unregulated lending practices that have brought West Virginia consumers and the nation to a financial precipice. Today, my office has drawn a line in the sand in an effort to fill the void left by lax or non-existent federal regulation to protect our consumers from financial predators, " Attorney General McGraw said.

The complaint filed by McGraw’s office today alleges that CashCall solicited consumers to take out high interest loans from Community State Bank, a state-chartered bank in Millbank, South Dakota. CashCall contends that because the bank is located in South Dakota, West Virginia’s usury laws do not apply. Despite the paperwork listing the bank as the lender, CashCall does all the heavy lifting and, in fact, appears to assume the actual risk of the loans, which CashCall repurchases in full from the bank three days after the loans are funded.

In addition to asking the court to find that CashCall’s loans are illegal and to provide all aggrieved consumers with restitution, the suit asks that CashCall comply with the Attorney General’s investigative subpoena. In response to the Attorney General’s investigation, CashCall asserted that its business practices are exclusively regulated by federal law. CashCall also argued that the Attorney General is prohibited from even investigating the facts underlying CashCall’s assertion that it is beyond state regulation.

Any persons wishing to file a complaint about a consumer matter or to alert the Attorney General about unfair or deceptive practices may do so by calling the Consumer Protection Hot Line, 1-800-368-8808, or by obtaining a complaint form from the consumer web page at www.wvago.gov.
 15th of Jan, 2009 by   Scared and Hopeless 0 Votes
I totally agree with everyone that has a complaint against cash call. We were all caught in a desperate time in our lives and was taken advantage of by this monster. I too am a victim although embarrassed to admit it.

I paid on my loan for over two years and have yet to even touch the principle. The original amount of my loan was 5000 after two years I paid 7756 and that was ALL INTEREST! guess what I now owe them 5098 on the principle balance plus all the interest left on 120 months.

I'm proud to admit that I discontinued the EFT from my bank account from the advise of my Attorney. I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop and for the harrassing phone calls everyone is talking about. Perhaps I should call and advise them of this because I have not, oops.

These people truly need to be stopped. They are being allowed to prey upon good people that are only trying to survive and stay a float in this awful economy. In my situation I made the loan to try and save my home guess what I lost it anyway and got suckered by cash call to boot.

Here is information on the Attorney group handling the class action suit against owner of cash call PAUL REDDAM and Cash call for those of you interested. The only problem is that I not been able to find a phone number for this group. If anyone does please post on Complaintsboard.com

James Galbert, Richard Harris and Mark Kardos

I too would like to be part of this class action suit against these PREDATORS!
 15th of Jan, 2009 by   jrr 0 Votes
Yes, include me in the class action suit as well. I have been harrassed so much, I almost lost my job because they called so much. They threatened me and because I did not make a payment.
 16th of Jan, 2009 by   Monica Wiley 0 Votes
I took out a loan for $5000.00, and the interest is astronomical. But nevertheless, my main complaint is that my payment is not considered late until the 16th of the month. I have paid my bill by way of money gram on the 15th of each month without fail. Cash call continues to call and harass me for payment . If they do not recieved the payment by the 1st the calls begin as early as 8:00 on Sunday morning to as late as 9:30 on a Saturday night. These people are relentless. And remember I am paying faithfully every month on the 15th. This situation is very stressful. And if I can sue I am more than willing to. please contact me asap
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   agnes aman 0 Votes
yes I have problem The loan is in my husbands name and they wont talk to me...WE FAXED THEM WHAT THEY NEED AND YET ...THEY WANT TO TALK TO MY HUSBAND...WE ARE MEDIFYING OUR HOME AND IN TROUBLE...ALL i WANT IS THEM TO LOWER THE PERCENT ...WHICH BY THE WAY IS THROUGH THE ROOF...PLEASE HELP US FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS...i AM A SENIOR AND CANNOT WORK ANY MORE...
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   Kimberly 0 Votes
I too agree they are crooks! I have paid back what i owed and then some. I still owe the same amount and i have been paying on time for years! I am going to close my back account and pay what i can each month, and they will just have to deal with it! Lets put an end to people like them!!!
 21st of Feb, 2009 by   Mr. T Thomas 0 Votes
My name is Timothy thomas, I have experienced many of the same problems with CashCall as many of you. I'm now being sued by CallCall, because I was off-work for (two-years) due to a work/Injury. I tried to negotiate payments with them and they refused. All transactions was put on hold with my checking/acct. because I owed the (IRS) money. I contacted CallCall to inform them and afterwards they begin trying to withdraw money every other day, causing me to accumilate multiple return/fees and overdraft/fees. Although they offered a settlement of my/account, they they canceled the offer because I would not allow them into my checking/acount anymore. They also harassed my-job with calls, threatened members of my family, etc. I can't find anyone to help me fight these people and get them out of my life completely, who can I call for help?
 8th of Mar, 2009 by   V. Alexander 0 Votes
Interest rate is criminal. This company is far worse that Loan sharking title loan companies.

I would like to be a part of this class action law suit as well!
Please contact me!
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   Phyllis Lancaster 0 Votes
People need to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau. The business bureau to contact is BBB of the South Land, 315 N. La Cadena
Colton, CA 92324-2927. Phone 909-825-7280, Fax 909-825-6246. Email Info@labbb.org. Web Site www.labbb.org. These practices from cash call needs to be stopped. They are breaking laws and getting away with it. Please start calling and complaining the the BBB of the south land and maybe you will receive some help. Cash call is getting away with robbery and extremely high, high interest rates which are more than 100%.
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   j. lewis 0 Votes
I have made all of my payments before the 15th and still get calls all the time. I'm completely stressed out and don't know what to do.

If I can be apart of the lawsuit please contact me!!
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   h.sedlar 0 Votes

j.lewis please look at that link and inform your states AG in addition to a personnal attourney if you have one.
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   dpsullivan8 0 Votes
borrowing money from cash call has been a nightmare for me, they ruined my life and credit. im still paying them though and it never seems to end. i hope they pay for putting people thru this. please contact me if you need my suupport
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   marvin 0 Votes
I took out a loan to help me with my bills and as my work has went down from 5 days to 3 days a week and one week off a month unpaid they wont work with me. I can't get nobody to work with me. I have been on time for almost a year still ahve more to go. I won't make it I know I won't. Someone needs to get Obama involved. If they would lower my interest rate I would make it. They still make money. What do I need to do? email me at mhill@perryfoam.com if any thoughts arise. Thanks
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   nobama +1 Votes
You all agreed to their terms and conditions. Typical people wanting money then not wanting to pay those back they borrowed from. Establish some credit and borrow from a real bank and this want happen again. As for the Obama getting involved comment, do you also want him to pay all your bills so you can drink 40's and eat fried chicken all day?
 1st of May, 2009 by   Dawn Sousa 0 Votes
A few years back, I also took out a loan with Cash Call for some emergency dental work. I paid faithfully for one year and when I got into a financial bind, I called the company to get a lower monthly payment. They were not willing to budge from the exsisting payment rate which was about $250 a month. I had to stop paying them and the HARRASEMENT began. They threatened me with unbelieveable phone calls, telling me I would be sorry if I didn't call them. They called me a liar and called almost every hour. If there is a lawsuit against this loan shark of a company, I'm in.

College Education for $1,000 a Year Only