logo

www.Cash4Laptops.com
Nevada
Phone: 1-877-732-2318
Cash4Laptops.com
Do not trust this company when they give you a quote for your used computer. They offered me $60 and when they received my laptop that I stated was broken said it was only worth $5. They are very rude on the phone and will laugh when you ask for more money. You might as well throw away you laptop it's less hassle and you don't have to deal with these scam artists.
Comments United States Laptops / Notebooks
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Cash 4 Laptops complaints
Cash 4 Laptops - Bait and Hook Scammers

Comments

29th of Dec, 2009 by   Veronica21 +2 Votes
Hi guys i was having the same problem with my D600 but couldn't fix it. I got cash for it at www.mylaptopbroke.com, I had a good experience and would recommend them. check them out - i got exactly what i was quoted, no surprises!
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   joebagofdonughts +1 Votes
I went online to cashforlaptops.com and received a quote for $95. The laptop was in great condition, however the hard drive was trashed. When I sent it in, they stated there was excessive cosmetic wear & tear and lowered the quote to $75. That laptop was in great condition and in no way did it exhibit any form of excessive wear & tear. So I had them ship it back to me. What a bunch of scumbags.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   walksoftly +1 Votes
I had two similar experiences with cashforlaptops.com — masquerading as cashforiphones.com. Their website is cashforiphones.com, but when their response comes, it's from support@cashforlaptops.com.

A few months ago, I sent them my iPhone after they quoted me $95. They ended up offering me $65 and said it had excessive wear. That was the first experience, and I should have learned my lesson then.

This week I googled and shopped around around for the best offer I could find for my husband's water-damaged iPhone. The best offer was from cashforiphones.com — I checked the boxes indicating water damage, no cables, and defective/damaged screen — and their offer was $35. However when I received their email this morning, their offer turned out to be: "$0.00. We can recycle your phone for you at no cost, to keep it in the land fill". So not only do they expect to get the phone for nothing, they are going to put it INTO the landfill.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   walksoftly +1 Votes
Update from walksoftly:
They paid $15 for my husband's iPhone after three rounds of negotiations and an original quote of $35 for the damaged phone.
 27th of May, 2010 by   molecular5 +1 Votes
Cash for laptops is a scam company, I have sent my laptop and now they say that they haven't received my laptop and the package was empty. They informed me about this when i called them two days after the package was delivered to them. Such a bunch of lier's, do not send your laptop or iphone or other devices to these people, you would not get money for your device.
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   hrg2 -4 Votes
Everyone got a quote for there device. Not a firm offer but a quote dependent on the condition of there laptop for phone. Everyone here was then given a counter offer over the phone or via email. If you did not like the offer and wanted your device back it was sent back to you at no cost to you. Where is the scam here?
 31st of Jul, 2010 by   sjmesp +1 Votes
I sent in three iPhones. One, I made a mistake on thinking it was a 16gig unit but was in fact an 8gig unit. I was quoted $110 for that. The email offer then came in at $10. They claim the phone was pitted and scratched (case) and my response was of course it is, it's used. No where on their site does it have a check box for "pits and scratches" so how would I have known? The next 2 phones were 16gig 3G (non s) units. Again, quoted $145 (each), actual offer then comes in at $70 (each). Their reason? Pits and scratches on rear casing.

So I call, and the gentleman says well we can negotiate the price now? I say no, send them all back. He laughs at me and says you won't get anything for these so you might as well take my offer. I tell him no, I would rather get nothing than have THEM make one penny.

I follow up with an email telling them to send them back, and to issue me the tracking number and of course, no response.

These people are worse than used car salesmen. Avoid at all cost if you value your time.
 31st of Jul, 2010 by   THISISMYDISPLAYNAMEYOUDOUCHE +2 Votes
HAHA U GOT YOUR SHIT TOOK SON. YO SEND ME SOME SHIT IN THE MAIL I PROMISE I MIGHT GIVE YOU MONEY FOR IT SOME DAY TOO.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   speedyturtle +1 Votes
I sent them two laptops. One antique Dell, wouldn't turn on, they quoted me $50. The other one, an HP Pavillion, was beat to death, all of the check boxes on their website I was able to check though, so they quoted me $200. I knew they bait and switch their offer and I knew my laptops were in really bad condition so I was only hoping for $100 total. After a few days after sending them in via pre-paid (by them) UPS boxes they countered with a final offer, via email, of $20 and $45, respectively. They also left me a voice mail around the same time I got the emails. So, I called back Chad, he left his extension, and told him I was hoping to get $100 for both of them. He said, "done, you'll have your payment via paypal in the morning". I was thinking, damn I should have started higher in the haggle. In no way are they a scam company, you just have to play hardball. Its like haggling in a some market in some other country (I love traveling). I didn't even know of any sort of money for laptop service until I was looking for a place to recycle my machines, so $100 is better than zero, I bet I could have gotten $150 too if I went into the negotiation correctly.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   anonymous34567 +2 Votes
I ordered TWO boxes from them over TWO MONTHS ago. This morning I get a nice little wakeup call from a robot claiming they shipped me a box and received no laptop, etc. but that I can pay a "small fee" to keep the box. I sent them a message saying take me off the suckers' database or I call the FTC.
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   mclrenf1 +2 Votes
I had a similar experience with cashforiphones.com. They quoted me $75 and I was very clear about the condition of my iphone 3gs. When the phone was received they offered $10. I understand that there is no way to be absolutely sure with a description but an 85% markdown is ludicrous. Someone above stated that this isn't a scam as they will send you your phone back and I agree with that but it is definitely a form of bait and switch. They simply hope you will just take whatever offer they throw at you so that they can make out big.
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   fris +2 Votes
What a crock of crap ... cashforlaptops.com is a bait and switch operation. They quoted me $130 for my Gs. This phone was armor protected and had a ZAGG invisible shield. There were no scratches, dents or dings or anything wrong with it. They quoted $60 upon "inspection" ... BS!! Now, they don't want to send it back?
 2nd of Nov, 2010 by   Xenophobe  Best Advice +4 Votes
Here's the deal. Your device is worth the least amount of money your willing to accept for it. If you get a quote for 150 you are going to get an offer of no more then 70.00. This is how it works. You go online and get a quote for you computer or whatever. You fill out all the information and click the little box saying you read the terms and conditions. Now, you most likely didn't bother reading them and move on in the process. At this point you will be sent a couple e-mails and shipped out a box to return your device. You then send your phone or laptop in and await for that check to come in the mail. It will not. You WILL be called. A representative will give you an offer about half of what your quote was. This is what the person on the phone is paid to do, get you to sell that computer or iPhone at the lowest price possible. They have a goal to meet just like every other call center in the world. Once you agree to a price you will get your money sent to you as fast as they can, once you accept that pay pal payment or cash a check the deal is done. If you want to get the most for your device simply ask for it back. Ya, the hinges on your computer are loose or the phone is scratched but it still has both a real value to the company but most of all an intrinsic value to the rep on the phone. He or she is penalized for returning a device. So do this. Take that quote you were given of 150 and reduce it to 45.00. This is the price you will be called and offered. This is what you say. "I want 150.00". They will bitch and moan but just keep it short and simple. You want what you were quoted. If you simply do not negotiate, demand a price of 150.00 and you were honest about what you sent in you will get your quoted price. Now, if you send in a pile of crap and were told they would give you ANY amount above zero you can get no more than 50.00 for it. That it what it costs, on average to return a computer or what have you.
They will pay you.
Demand what you were offered originally.
Do NOT haggle over price, you are not buying spices at a market in Thailand.
Do not be afraid to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if you feel lied to or otherwise mislead.
Read the terms and conditions. This is the "gotcha" of many such sites and will let you know just what to expect.
Be polite. Cussing, yelling and making personal remarks about the person on the phone is not going to help you. If you are polite and proper you will be treated as such.
If you want your laptop shipped back to you call every day until it is returned. They may just offer to pay you what the quote online was.
 8th of Jan, 2011 by   graigwils +1 Votes
I agree this company is unethical. They run a bait and switch scheme. Do not consider doing business with this company.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   PJF769 +1 Votes
I agree with most people, but I argued with the guy and got most of my quote. I was quoted $57. I was offered $5 and argued with the guy until he offered $50 which I accepted.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   RichHD +1 Votes
True bait/switch techniques. This company is a bottom-feeder. My laptop offer was 40% of the initial quote. Their 'certified technicians' claimed it had 'loose hinges' & wear on the bottom. I asked what their technicians were certified for & his genius reply was 'they all have college degrees in microtechnology', what is that???? I finally got my asking price. DO NOT use these folks. This is my last experience with C4L.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   hrg2 +2 Votes
As a former employee I can tell you the good and the bad. The good part is that the do not put anything into landfills. The have stacks of junk hardware setting around waiting for a green way to dispose of it. The second good thing is that they will pay you promptly. Another good thing is the buyers you speak with on the phone are trying there hardest to return calls, answer inbound calls and make outbound calls. This is done by four people.
Now the bad. The price you are given online is what they would pay for a device if it was never used. Employees performance is based on how large of a deduction they can make from the original price. Anything less then a 50% reduction is a failure on there part. They are told not to listen to so called sob stories or care about the customers financial concerns of the client. It's actually a contest to see who can get the most devices for the least amount of money. I seen a buyer talk about screwing a guy by lying about the model of the MacBook that he sent in so he could get the price down. I seen the same buyer simply lie to a Rabbi about the condition of his new in the box iPad. I quit because, as a sales professional I could not continue with this practice and feel good about myself.
There BBB rating went up simply because they included the recycling crew in there employee count. As far as education goes only one inspector has a degree and it is in microelectronics. Yes, it's a real field of study.
My advice is to demand your quoted price or the return of your hardware. Then file a BBB complaint and FOLLOW UP with it. If you want a fair price use gazelle. They pay what they quote as long as you are honest with your assessment.
Ya, I am still unemployed but I do not leave work having to scrub the filth from my body. The people that work there are not bad people but are imbedded in a corporate structure based on using legal jargon, delay tactics and lies to turn a buck.
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   Skpstein 0 Votes
Sent in two iPhones. 1st quoted for $55 second, quoted for $70. Got a call and got offered $10 and $5 respectively. When I asked why, they said there was damage on the phone, which, of course I had indicated online, but, still they persisted. So, what was once, $125 total became $15. Dude was rude on the phone, despite me trying to make light of such a big difference in the quote and the actual offer. I'd stay away from these guys, clearly they're dirty butt holes.
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   Marie Hurt 0 Votes
you can get your money if you follow my free advice, but i would not use them at all because you will go through a lot of trouble
 19th of Mar, 2011 by   DGAChicago 0 Votes
This place is a joke! I was quote $190 for a iphone 3Gs white 16GB, and once they received the phone, stated they will only pay $80 due to a small craze line near the head phone jack. Phone worked great. No other problems. I told them in that case, please send the phone back and I'll ebay it and get more then $80. We started to negotiate and ended at $140. I was fine with $140, but its the principle that Cash4Laptops was trying to Low Ball me at $80. They're trying to scam their customers.

11 useful tips for how to use The Secret