logo

Posted:    Andrew

Unauthorized billing

Cartier Jewelres
cartier.com
Please help. I have been a Cartier costumer since 1985 and own several watches, jewelery a glasses. I recently sent in a pair in to get serviced and had one broken part and one that was bent but could be repaired. They send me a bill for $771 for the repair. There are three parts to there rimless glasses and they want to replace all three parts that should be under warranty anyway. They are treating me as if they are not interested in even listing to my concern. I spoke to a representative by the name of Ian Miller he told me that he is the final decision maker and that there was no one that he answers to.

After doing some research I have found his manager who's name was Dennis Post. After leaving numerous messages to Dennis it took two weeks for him to get back to me in a e-mail, he wouldn't even pick up the phone to talk to me. It has been more then two months since I sent them my glasses. I have tried to get a hold of some one in corporate office but I have not heard from them Either. Wal-mart treated me better when I purchased a $100 pair of glasses for fishing then Cartier that I spent more then $100, 000. They are not the same company any more. They must have a financial problem or changed management. Buyer be wear.

I will never do business with them ever again and don't recommend anyone to do it either. Check with them before you buy anything the maintenance of their product is a rip off. Please help me with this matter so they don't get anyone else.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2009 by   jamesisajeweler +1 Votes
Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i also have my own educational jewelry discussion group here as well. I read your complaint and i must tell you i have an organization i'd like to inform you and everyone else here of, and that organization is THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE with this organization you CAN FILE A COMPLAINT THAT WILL BE INVESTIGATED so that you can have your issue with any jeweler or jewelry store resolved.

The JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEES' WEBSITE: http://www.jvclegal.org/Consumers/index.php?categoryid=20

CONTACT THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE BY PHONE AT THE NUMBER BELOW AND THEIR HOURS ARE FROM 9AM TO 5PM MON - FRI

You may reach JVC via:
Telephone: (212) 997-2002
Fax: (212) 997-9148

I don't approve of how you were treated in any way, and also i would like for you to contact the GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS IN THE CITY OR STATE WHERE THIS COMPANY IS LOCATED, TO FILE ANOTHER COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM.

I'm a REAL ONLINE JEWELER in the city of Atlanta, and i've bought many NEW & PRE-OWNED CARTIER WATCHES for my clients, and i've never had any issues with their merchandise, but when i see any jewelry company MIS-TREATING customers such as yourself who have been LONG TIME CUSTOMERS SPENDING THE AMOUNTS OF MONEY YOU HAVE WITH CARTIER, i have to do something to bring a resolution to your problem, that's the very reason i decided to join this site, to help the jewelry buying consumer FIGHT THE BIG JEWELRY STORES AND COMPANIES AND WIN!

ANDREW! LET ME SAY THIS VERY CLEAR TO YOU AND EVERYONE WHO MAY BE READING MY RESPONSE TO YOU, DO NOT BUY ANOTHER "WARRANTY" FOR ANYTHING INCLUDING YOUR PERSONAL JEWELRY OR "CARTIER" GLASSES REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU'VE PAID FOR THEM. "WARRANTIES" ARE NOTHING BUT LIES IN "BLACK & WHITE" WRITTEN OR TYPED ON PAPER, AND THESE JEWELRY STORES OFFER THESE "BOGUS PIECES OF PAPER" ONLY TO GET MORE MONEY OUT OF YOU DURING THE INITIAL SALE OF THEIR JEWELRY TO YOU. THESE JEWELRY STORES "ARE NOT" GOING TO HONOR ANY "WARRANTIES" THEY OFFERED YOU OVER THE LIFETIME OF THE JEWELRY YOU'VE PURCHASED FROM THEM, SO DON'T EVER BUY ANOTHER "WARRANTY" AGAIN. I STRONGLY FEEL THAT WHEN A JEWELER OFFERS A CUSTOMER A "WARRANTY" HE OR SHE IS ALREADY SAYING TO THE CUSTOMER, THEIR JEWELRY IS POOR QUALITY AND YOU AS A CUSTOMER DON'T KNOW IT YET, BUT SOON YOU WILL, AND WHEN YOU FIND OUT, THE JEWELRY STORE "IS NOT" GOING TO HONOR ANY "WARRANTY" THEY PERSUADED YOU TO BUY.

ANDREW if you have any questions for me or would like my jewelry services feel free to contact me here, or at my contacts below, and i hope my response will get you the resolution you deserve!

Email: jamesthejeweler@yahoo.com

Phone: 404-447-5459

My Online Jewelry Blog: http://jamesisajeweler.blogspot.com
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   Mutya26 -1 Votes
WTF. I'm lucky to have read your complaint. I was ready to purchase my Santos in Duty free Lax tomorrow. Never mind Cartier. You suck big time.
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   jamesisajeweler -1 Votes
Let me also inform anyone who wants these NAME BRAND watches when you're ready to purchase these high-end watches allow me to find you the watches you're looking for. I will not get SCAMMED dealing with my watch dealers.

Just contact me if you're interested in working with me to get you the name brand watch you're looking for.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   marie fauvel +1 Votes
No Cartier dont "suck"
it is an amazing company,
watches, jewelry...
there workers are the "top of the rock" !! Watch maker, jeweler, polisher, setters, engravers(...)
the workmanship is fabulous,
If you deal with someone from the boutique and you are unhappy with the service, ask to speak to the workshop, where all the watch, jewelry, sunglasses are made,
they are very helpfull, hardworker and smart and they know what they are talking about.
There is always a cost for quality, but will give you an estimate, why the cost is high or different possibility to repair your piece of art.
If I had a watch to buy there I would go to the main boutique instead of dealing with other people from outside.
Best Regards
MF
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by   Susan Hara 0 Votes
all my family members are Cartier's loyal customer
I need to admit they have fabulous jewelry and watches
we spend a lot so we definitely deserve the best customer service
but one time we left a bad impression at Cartier Ala moana store
one of a sales person her name is Raine
she looks lazy and unprofessional
her attitude to customers is so rude and we can' stand it
she looked at us and thought we can't afford the products
so just walked away
i wonder that why Cartier hired such a cheap employee who don't have any knowledge about jewelry
she provided such a horrible sevice during out visit
the company didnt do any action even though i complain a lot!
such a disappoint moment!
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   jo8of8 0 Votes
i am in the middle of writing a letter for my boss, same thing loyal customer of years, he had a problem with a recent pair of glasses and paid $400 to fix. They broke again and cartier is so casual and do not want to replace them. You are right target and walmart give better service. Unreal they act like the glasses cost $20.00 are you kidding.

Where to Find 60,000 Speed Traps Nationwide