logo

Posted:    Valerie

Beware of them

Carports.com
www.carports.com
I submitted a quote for a patio cover at my house, Mr. Dampier from the company called me and we made an appointment to meet at my house, after agreeing on a price and signed a contract he asked me for half down payment 750 dollars and was told somebody was going to deliver the materials in 5 to seven days, that was October 20, 2007. Is now June 2008 and guess what? That was the last time I heard from them. Mr Dampier cashed my check and never called me or came back, never answered any phone calls or written letters.

Just to let you know buyer beware, never do business with Mr. James Dampier. He just stole $750 from me, money I gave them in good faith, may he rot in ***. Go ahead call 281-830-8616 to get a rip off.
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jul, 2008 by   Jim Adams 0 Votes
I ordered a carport from these people two weeks ago. theye said they would deliver it and two illegal mexicans showed up form their office, unloaded their truck and a border patrol car passed and they immediately started re-loading their truck and asaid they would be back. I have had to call them several time and they never will return my phone calls. I have a deposiut with them that I am trying to get back. beware of this company. All talk, No followup and excuses. I wil be going to the Texas Attorney Generals Office.
Jim Adams
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   Rampage16801 0 Votes
I ordered a 20x21 carport from carports.com on September 9th, finally received delivery of the unit on October 19th. Allow two to three weeks delivery my ass. A group of 4 Mexicans delivered the carport, one of the four spoke english and it was broken at that. I showed them where to put it as I am constructing it myself and as I did I noticed a bottle on the ground and asked the english speaking guy to please pick his bottle up out of my driveway. he said "ok" and I left to go back to work. I came home on my lunch break to find what looked like they opened the doors of their truck and kicked all the garbage from the floor of the truck to my driveway. After I cleaned up their mess I went and checked out the pile of carport parts and noticed that the sheet steel for the gable ends were missing. I got back to work and called the company was transfered to a voicemail to which I left a message. Never got a return call. Called again the next day three times and left messages all three times. On the last message I told them if I did not receive a call back by noon the next day I was calling my bank and cancelling the check I wrote to the driver. Low and behold I got a phone call. The woman told me that she would check into the problem and call me back. The next day my check cleared the bank and I received a call from the woman saying all of the pieces were delivered and there was nothing that they could do about the problem and she hung up on me. Nice people. Spend some time researching the companies before you call them, it will save you time and aggravation.
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   d easter 0 Votes
I googled the phone number you posted and it came up carports unlimited of Texas not carports.com.
 28th of Jun, 2011 by   nmill 0 Votes
Had similar problems with them--changed my schedule 3 times to deal with bad attitudes, poor workmanship. Now stuck with off-square building that has warped roof and leaks--exploring legal options at this time.

How to Leave Your Car Lease Early