logo

ALL EMAIL LOTTERY & OTHER OVERSEASE FUND
FAKE,FRUAD&CHEATTER
2. (6 mins ago)
BMW
winning of lottery 500,000 Pounds, asking personal details and bank account nos.
3. (20 mins ago)
background music

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Carnival Kia, Antioch, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - $149 and a job false TV advertisement

Carnival Kia of Rivergate Contacts & Informations

5406 Target Drive
Antioch, Tennessee
Phone: (615) 731-0099
carnivalkia.com
After seeing so many times the TV commercials for Carnival Kia that says that with $149 and a job can be sold any car on the lot and since looking for a car decided to visit the dealership so did went on February 13, 2010. <br />
<br />
When arrived was not even offered to look/test drive any car to see if might like any and find out the prices and such but immediately the sales representative took the information and to run our credit. We told her about a recent bankruptcy chapter 7 filing that everthing was cleared and discharged. Said that no problem since they deal with banks that specialize in high risk and bankruptcy so that is no problem. <br />
<br />
After waiting there for a while all we was told that there was something in the credit report that couldn't allow to get approved by NO bank. After asking how could that be said that they can't say because are not given the specific reason. <br />
<br />
Was given a creditrepair informational postcard which was told that by going to the web site indicated there can request the credit report from the 3 credit agencies and that way find out what is there and also work on fixing it. Was also told that most people when work on it and fix it can come back in 30 days and get approval. <br />
<br />
When got home accessed this web site and requested the 3 credit reports. After viewing the credit reports everything showed up normal and nothing really bad. Everything that was supposed to had been included in the bankruptcy filing was showing as suppose to be and no more debt owe and such. Couldn't see why was completelly denied approval by any of the banks that Carnival Kia deals with including the ones that offer high risk and special programs for people with discharged bankruptcies. <br />
<br />
I sent a general e-mail which I received a response by Chris Bostick, the owner of the dealership(s) in which he told me in general that approval wasn't possible and to fix my credit report. I asked about what the commercial meant about the $149 dollars down and a job that he advertises on TV all the time and he told me that was with approved credit. <br />
<br />
I told him that then no one gets approved since this days and how things are with the economy and in general not easy to find people with perfect credit and everyone has either a bankruptcy and/or late payments on something or such. <br />
<br />
If at the end was actually "with approved credit" and if they actually dealt with banks that offer programs for people with bankruptcies and others then would have gotten approved no matter what. I have seen other car dealerships that advetise such and known people to get approved no matter what. In this case shows that in a way the TV commercial it is not true and accurate since $149 and a job DOES not gets you any of their cars in Carnival Kia lot as he advertises on TV. <br />
<br />
I also asked him what did he meant by what he says each time: "Don't you leave until you see me". In case that meant something like he can do something to get you a deal or something but all he told me what that simply meant was to be able to thank customers by going by the dealership. <br />
<br />
In conclusion, being that nothing on the credit report that shows to prevent from getting financing, shows that there is something "odd and strange" about Carnival Kia dealerships. If they had actually dealt with banks that do special programs and the dealership wanted to actually make a sale, which they are not, they would have banks that would done the financing. <br />
<br />
This is why the $149 dollars and a job commercial it is false. Specially when also when first called over the phone to ask about it and the sales person that spoke to said that it was true and even told about the bankruptcty said too that wouldn't be a problem. <br />
<br />
At this time I am looking into other dealerships that offer the special financing and such and also have contacted some and been told that can get approved. <br />
<br />
This shows me not to deal with Kia ever again and to stay away from and also not to refer anyone to them. On an additional note about dealing with Kia, I had a 1997 Kia Sephia when they first came out which had many problems with that car and ended up lemon law and the dealer buying it back after an arbitration proceedings. Not too long ago decided to look at another Kia dealership in Panama City, FL where is I used to live before moving not too long ago to the Middle Tennessee area and unfortunally at that dealership had problems too and also horrible treatement. Ended up going to another dealership (Dodge) and ended up buying a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan with no problem. This time since been long and looked that Kia had improved since bought by GM the cars looked better. From this recent experience seems that it does not matters and the Kia Dealers are not helping to Kia the company in general to sale their cars. <br />
<br />
It is a shame that this happens and businesses and their employees do this and treat people that way. <br />
<br />
P.S. Just today I saw a new TV commercial for Carnival Kia where he advertises honesty and respect. Well he better teach his employees that better because that was not also what I received on the recent visit to Carnival Kia. <br />
<br />
So there you have it, seems that the "credit report" was just an excuse perhaps not to deal with us or something. Maybe that is why advertises so much on TV. On average is one of the local dealers that advertises the MOST. That could be why !
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Apr, 2010 by   randy moon -1 Votes
Me and my husband went on Feb 26, 2010 a few weeks ago and bought a 2011 sorento we traded in my sproatage Kia and had money owening on it wich was 17, 423.06 Kia had the payoff in hand on the 26. I had payed a payment the morning we went To rivergate kia to look at the sorentos...wich was a early payment like every mo was its due by the 9 of each mo... Ok we got finace by the end of the visit at kia... walked out with our new car and went back the next day to give them the keys to our other kia... and everything was fine we than got a call from Sandra the lady in charge of the Tags.. telling me that we was going to get a check back from the other finace Co from our Kia we traded in and that check had to come back to them... Hell when I called the fiance co.. they told me that Sandra waited to late to pay the loan off that on March the 17th we still had the sportage and I told them no we didn't we had traded it in on A sorento they had told me that kia waited to late to send them the payoff and they took my payment that I pay on Feb 26th and made the March payment cause until Kia sent it we still owned for it... so when the check came in she called me and told me no check no tages... they was going to keep my tages that we had paid for until she got the check from the old finace co that she waited to payoff they owe that to me she was lait getting it to them so I didn't get my payment back ... I went and got a nother drive out tag and almost ran out of time to get my tags... you can only have 2 drive out tags on a new car... So we just gave up and gave them the money.. I got my tags then ////// BUT WE ARE NOT GOING TO BUY OR TELL ANYONE GOOD THINGS ABOUT KIA EVERY... I WILL PLAST IT ALL OVER THE NEW AND PAPERS AND INTERNET... I WILL NOT STAND BY AND LET THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE I KNOW PEOPLE HAS ASK US IF WE LIKE THE CAR I TELL THEM NO. THE WAY KIA DONE HELL NO AND I PLAN TO SEE THIS CAR AND GO SOMWHERE ELSE AND GET SOMEHTING ELSE I HATE IT AND THE PEOPLE AT KIA... THEY ARE SO RUDE AND SMARTASSES... SHE NEEDS TO STOP SITTING AT HER DESK AND TELLING PEOPLE SHE IS 3 AND 4 WEEKS BEHIND ON HER WORK THEY NEED TO GET RID OF PEOPLE WHO IS THAT FAR BEHIND... But NO ONE needs to buy from this company... I have a writing in the paper about this co too... thank you DON'T BUY FROM THEM
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   randy moon -1 Votes
HELL DON"T BUY FROM KIA
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   Victoria Long -1 Votes
I TOTALLY AGREE, I HAVE A FORTE AND I WAS TOLD THAT I WAS GOING TO GET MY $1200 BACK FROM THE EXTRA WARRENTY I BOUGHT FROM MY 2009 SEPTRA AND TO USE $1000 OF IT AS A DOWN PAYMENT WHEN I TRADED IN 2009 SEPTA IN, I DID NOT LIKE IT, THEY SENT THE CHECK THROUGH THE BANK WHEN I TOLD THEM I HAD NOT RECEIVED MY CHECK AND I EVEN TOLD THEM NOT TO SEND IT TILL I CALL THEM, THEY SAID OK BUT DID IT ANYWAY AND WHEN I CALLED THEM, THEY SAID NOT TOO WORRY ABOUT IT AND I DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE IT RIGHT SINCE THEY MESSED UP THE WHOLE CONTRACT, BUT THEY WOULD STILL CUT ME A CHECK FOR MY EXTRA WARRENTY I PAUD FOR, AND THEY DID BUT FOR ON;Y $960 AND THEN THEY STOP PAYMENT ON THE CHECK, THEY DECIDED THEY WANTED THEIR $1000 AND TOLD ME I HAD TO PAY IT AFTER THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T, IT TOOK OVER 60 DAYS TO GET MY TAGS AND THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER IT UP BUT STATING ON THEIR PAPER WORK I DIDN'T GET THE CAR TILL MAY WHEN IT WAS MARCH WHEN I GOT IT, I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND EVER HAVE ANOTHER KIA, I WILL STAY WITH FORD, IF I COULD GET RID OF THE CAR NOW I WOULD. THEY HAVE A RECALL ON THE SEAT BELTS AND I NEVER RECEIVED A LETTER ABOUT IT, I DID GET A CALL TODAY AND WILL GET IT FIXED. KIA IS NOTHING BUT CIN ARTIST AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE ANY ONEONE I KNOW TO NEVR GO THEIR AND GET A CAR FROM THEM, I KNOW MANY WHO HAVE GOT ONE AND THEY ARE STILL WAITING ON THEIT TN PLATES, BY LAW THEY HAVE TO GET THEM TO YOU WITH 60 DAYS OR BE FINED FOR IT. NEVER BE;LIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY, THEY WILL LIE TO YOU ANYWAY THEY CAN TO SELL A CAR TO YOU. THEY WILL BURN IN HELL FOR IT.
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   bullwhipped +1 Votes
You people are totally retarded . . . you can't even spell correctly! No wonder you have bad credit and old Mr. Bostick didn't want to give you financing. You went bankrupt, you illiterate fools! Yours is only one side of the story . . . I'm sure if I saw your credit reports I wouldn't loan you anything either.

As far as anyone knows, Mr. Bostick and family run a fair and reputable business. They must be doing well . . . if you see their new commercial, it looks like Mrs. Bostick got a new set of boobs for Christmas! Those puppies aren't cheap!
 14th of Jun, 2011 by   VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER !!! 0 Votes
Visited Carnival Kia on Sunday to purchase a car for my daughter after seeing the ad on television. After a credit check(850 rated) we were quoted a price on a used 2010 KIA. It was a Sunday and we were unable to get a coverage figure from our insurance company. We did an on-line check with Liberty Mutual and the price was more than the car payment. I asked the salesman if I could leave a deposit on the car until Monday when a accurate insurance quote could be given. I was told they do not take deposits but I could contact them on Monday if we still wanted the car. I was interested in financing the car from Carnival but my daughters grandmother wanted to check for lower APR through her Credit Union. The rate was 2% APR cheaper to finance through the Credit Union with my daughters grandmother as the buyer and her as the co-buyer ( I was only visiting and could not complete the purchase while in town). I spoke with the salesman at Carnival when my daughter and grandmother returned on Monday and was told they never really ran the figures while I was there only "penciled in" whatever that means? (as we were there for 5 hours). Even with a much lower APR the payment only dropped $15.00 per month from $225.00 to $215.00. When we calculated the difference it came to $2, 080 lower over the term of the loan. My daugher was then told the price of the car had gone up (since Sunday) and the $3, 000 dollar trade allowance had been dropped to $1, 500 dollars. NO DEAL !!! BUYER BEWARE!!! DON'T SHOP HERE THE PRICES/RULES CHANGE EVERY TIME YOU TALK TO THEM!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!
 22nd of Jul, 2013 by   Silvertip1958 0 Votes
I bought a Kia soul in 2009, I went in to get 0%, my credit was perfect but they said they weren't sure why but I was only able to get 0.5. I said I wanted 48 months but 54 months was the best they could do. The stupid thing I did was believe the guy As he told me these things he laid down the contract and I signed it. They lie through their teeth here, stay away. The contract was 6.5 for 60 months when I got home and actually read it.

4 Ways You Lose From Financial Reform