logo

CHEVROLET ONLINE LOTTERY
WINNING NOTIFICATION
3. (48 mins ago)
Pogo.com
Club Pogo Jackpots not paying!
4. (50 mins ago)
No customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Carl's Jr., Reseda, California Complaints & Reviews - Bad service, refused company discount coupon.

Carl's Jr. Contacts & Informations

Carl's Jr.

Posted:    biggerslick

Bad service, refused company discount coupon.

Carl's Jr.
19305 Victory Boulevard
Reseda, California
Phone: 818-881-9635
Very bad service. 03-14-2009 5:45PM PST.
Receipt # 0664 server #00066
Store #7366.

Ordered 2 Kentucky burgers, 1 zucchini, 1 3 pc Crisp Burrito.
Presented clip internet promo 1 "dollar off coupon" at carport window to order taker. They checked with a manager refused to honor the coupon. The print out clearly shows it from Carl's website and says clearly "present at store." I paid for the food and requested a few ranch dressing received. The entire order was crammed in the bag. The burgers were on the bottom of the paper bag and one of them leaked fluid onto my leather seat in my car. The crisp burritos had no guacamole sauce, which is supposed to be included as stated on the window posters at the restaurant. The burritos put in the bag vertically fell out into the bag. Zucchini was placed in sideways to upside down and also emptied into the crammed bag.

The burger I got also seemed flattened the bottom part and soaked with a liquid other than the bourbon sauce. This was a horrible experience that I received at this Carl's and I wanted to let you know that because of this, 1.) I will blog it so others can know and 2.) will try to stay clear of being treated like this. I let the order taker know I would post a message complaining about the refusal to honor your company's coupon and suspect this is why the rest of my order came out the way it did. I really hope you folks do something about treating customer's like this especially when you are trying to promote your restaurant business and especially service as is. The refusal of the coupon goes on the manager's shoulders because he flat out refused it even though the print out showed the web URL from Carl's as well as stating on it "Bring this coupon to the nearest Carl's Jr. Location to get your discount." That is false advertising too!
Comments United States Fast Food Restaurants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Apr, 2009 by   biggerslick 0 Votes
Hey Jason, ever hear of bad service? I guess not. Maybe you need the car so you can go get crappy service at a Carl's.
 19th of Apr, 2009 by   biggerslick +1 Votes
Another bad Carl's. Off Reseda Blvd. near Wilbur ave. I walked in to order a dinner. There was a Latino gentleman at the register and a Latino guy wiping the counter with a rag. He took the rag and set it across next to where they make up the burgers. No gloves, he immediately took his hands off the rags, grabbed two halves of a burger bun and began making someone's food, from the rag he was cleaning counters with. I saw that, and turned around and left. No wonder why people get sick and this guy was doing this in the wide open without any concern anyone would see him. Carl's is becoming a third world entity in the quality of health for its services. Too bad they make such tasty burgers and great advertising only to let their hired help stick people in medical centers.
 19th of Apr, 2009 by   biggerslick 0 Votes
Ooops, meant off Sherman Way near Wilbur in Reseda, not Reseda Blvd. Need to clarify that!
 1st of May, 2009 by   biggerslick +1 Votes
Carl's never returned an email or call on this. This is because they do not care about customer complaints and this is a very legitimate complaint, and the filthy conditions I found at the other one off of Sherman way and Wilbur should have gotten a response. Nothing, nada, zip...mum's the word. In addition go to a Carl's and watch their people making your food with no gloves. Watch what their hands touch including the side of their hair backwiping their nose, broom handles, cash register and even money itself. Every one of these are a health hazard and nobody at Carl's has yet responded and look when I first posted the complaint here. That says it all about this organization.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   DIANNA ORELLA 0 Votes
I a visit carls jr stor 817 pelanda the service is not good, maneger gloria is discriminetion for empleyees
she is not good for mageger not is profecional
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   julie-ann +1 Votes
I just bought a value meal with a coupon last nigh at Carls Jr. When I got to the window the cashier was shaking her head and admonishing me. She tole me that I should have told her about the coupon when I placed my order because they need to ring it up in a special way. When I received my hamburger, It had the skins of onions in it and a hair??????? I was working out of my home office and didn't want to cook so I could continue to work.

Previous that day, I used another coupon. Every went right with that order, but my food was burnt. I thought to my self. Don't cause trouble. The cashier looked at the coupon and gave me a dirty look. What is up with the coupon service??? OK Carls Jr. I got the point! You don't like people to bring in your corporate coupons. I was going to let it go because I had too much work to do and I alway cook for my self, but going twice in one day with coupons gave me the judgment to see that your customer is terrible. This is the Stevenson Ranch/newhall store.

I tried to reach the Corporate headquarters to lodge a complaint and was met with a cheep web site about coupons and specials and nowhere to file the complaint. No phone number, nothing.
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   biggerslick +1 Votes
Carl's is a mega burger selling machine. It is hit or miss with their stores. If I could recommend that I have had issues to date with In N Out Burger. There food never leaves me sick and their service is top notch, like burger joints used to be in the 1950's. Also though expensive I have found Johnny Rockets to be good as well, great service and some unique vintage style burgers and food.
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   Edith123 +1 Votes
Carl's is a really bad place to eat plus add the bad service they have. today I went their to get something for dinner and had a coupon and the cashier totally had a bad attitude and she told me “next time tell me first that you have a coupon” with a really bad tone and I try telling her that she was their to help us and that they should post a note on the drive thru letting the customers know to “let the cashier Know that they have coupons. So the cashier with the name of Aridai responded back to me saying "that she was getting paid not to listen to people like me opening my mouth". So I ask her for the phone number and she slammed the drive thru window and did not came back I waited their until she came back and had to open the window because their were more cars in back of me and I asked her for the second time to give me the number for her manager and she just gave the back to me and said “can you move your car cause I have more cars waiting”. This happen in Carls Jr restaurant #1100357 8991 knott ave. Buena Park ca 90620 and the name of the cashier is Aridai S. I will not be returning to this or any other Carl's Jr in my life. Plus my son sales their community star book for their soccer team and I will make sure that the team will not be selling this book ever again.
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   biggerslick +1 Votes
Ever since Karl Karcher died, the chain now owned by Arby's corporation, the nice Roast Beef folks, has gone down hill. I am wondering if they are doing this to kill Carl's in a subtle slow train to hell type of way. But yeah, unless the Carl's is in a real high quality living area they have changed to very bad in service since the old man died. They by the way never responded to my direct emails about what happened nor did they return my phone calls in all this time, so spread the word, get the word out and let's help bury a very bad corporate that hates its customers, once and for all.
 11th of Oct, 2009 by   kimberly anahi soriano 0 Votes
man they didnt even ask us if we wanted chily cheese meat and then i returend it and fricken lady i sweer she cused my friend out grrrrrr..., but yhea
 11th of Oct, 2009 by   kimberly anahi soriano 0 Votes
kim here agian man i am not happy at all...
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   unhappy havasu 0 Votes
Carl's Jr. In Lake Havasu City is no different their Manager is the Problem not the staff. Weird how it all turns arround in different areas. I was hoping to hear something back as I too e-mail a complaint in from their own website but after reading this I have serious doubts and I am sure this is why the Manager at this restuarant acts the way he does.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   biggerslick +1 Votes
Carl's has serious employee relation problems with their customers. In addition I have found I get stomach upset after eating a lot of their stuff. Their burgers are supposed to be char broiled and it seems as of late the meat is not only not hot, but looks at times cooked medium rare. Often after I eat a burger I feel almost nauseated. In addition I have noticed mainly low quality workers working in many of their places and often they make food after mopping a floor or wiping a counter with a dirty rag, but when they switch to making up burgers right in front of the customers, they do not use gloves. Watch how many hands are making your food without gloves. I try and avoid Carl's like the plague. By the way they are Arby's owned now. Arby's people are for the most part almost as bad. Generally before ordering their stuff, I try to see if the sandwich handlers and slicers are wearing gloves. If they aren't then in their native language "Hasta La Vista Baby!"
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   Trish Pugh 0 Votes
I live in Yuba City..We have 1. It is on the corner of Bridge st and Hwy 99. I remembr whern thids was the place to eat. I guess the owner has 1 in Wheatland also? The food at Carls is awesul now...They used to have the best chicken strips. They aren't even chicken anymore.
I have in the past couple of years noticed the food was getting worse and worse. I have had my last meal there tonite. I tool my grandaughter the for dinner. we won't be going there anymore. The fast food places are getting more expensive than a resturant and the really sucks. Sorry Carl..You lost me as acustomer.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   Trish Pugh 0 Votes
like it
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   hotluigie 0 Votes
I'm a costumer at the carl's jr in virgil and 6th st. Los angeles ca. but this is my 3rd time that I have order fast food and takes them over 15 minutes to serve my food, but my complain is about bad food, it is about bad service and time consuming. I noticed that the manager at this place(DINORA) try to do as much work as 3 employees and thats why my food is being late this times, I whish the corporation could do something about it and use more employees to to be efficient enough to please all the costumers (THAT WILL MAKE ME VERY HAPPY)
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   biggerslick +1 Votes
The problem is with mostr carl's they have such bad quality trained people, they do not care especially since arby's roast beef took over them. Carls a long time ago was fair to decent. Today while their menu is great, their employees make the worst most unsafe health habits and dangerous food as well. The best bet seems to be In N' Out Burger. They are great quality and while their menu sucks on selections, their burgers are clean and their service top notch. Most Carl's hire people that bring very bad or criminally close health habits thus putting you in jeopardy.
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   biggerslick +1 Votes
By the way. Carl's junior ignores you the customer like they ignored me the customer. They do not care a crap about your experience. So here is what you need to do. Forget about them, save yourself from getting sick from their bad or poorly cooked food, hassles with managers, employees sweeping dirt and dust next to your table and booth while you are eating ( a clear health violation in most cities and even criminal ) and spend your money at Johnny Rockets or In N' Out Burger or if decent employees maybe a BK or JITB. Stay far clear of Carl's because even though they have gr8 looking food, their employees don't care and may well poison you to death with undercooked food or a heart attack arguing with a poorly trained manager. Just say no to Carl's, spread the word nationwide and save a life, heartburn, stress and money too.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   biggerslick 0 Votes
http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fi-cke27-2010feb27, 0, 3327014.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews+%28L.A.+Times+-+Top+News%29

Appears Carl's might be going belly up. Could it be lousy third world service, mishandling customers, false advertising, and creating food that makes people sick?

NJoy :D
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   repping carls -1 Votes
biggerslick needs to get a life that he has nothing going on but to bitching about a restaurant. just leave carl's jr and go to another and forget about going there so you don't have any more thing to say. find another to talk about. and about the guacamole not being included with your crisp burritos, it clearly states "add 50 cent" even on the commercial it states it, if you didn't see that you need glasses.

Time to Cut the Cable?