logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

2. (13 mins ago)
Gcspecials.com
I got scammed because legitimate plant sellers state the height of the plants they will deliver to a customer
3. (30 mins ago)
Fake Job Consultancy

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Caribbean Cruise Line, Mississippi Complaints & Reviews - Total Scam!

Caribbean Cruise Line Contacts & Informations

Caribbean Cruise Line

Posted:    Weakntheknees

Total Scam!

Caribbean Cruise Line
Mississippi
So this company calls my boyfriend the other day saying, "Hey! You've won a free 5 day cruise!". They don't give him any details about the cruise other than it goes to the Bahamas and that we can take the cruise from now up to 18 months. He tells them that neither he nor I have enrolled or registered to win a "free cruise" anytime soon. They tell him they will call back in 2 days. A week or so later they call him back to book the cruise (which once again they have given little information except for the fact that its in the Bahamas). They informed him that he need to only spend 50 odd dollars on the person fee (for 2 people) and that they can do that over the phone. He told them that I had his credit card and that he would be more than happy to call them back later. They said that they would call me if he would just give them my number. He is a smart guy and didn't. Of course as soon as I figured out that they asked for his credit card over the phone (which is a big NO NO anyways. Unless its a major company that you use regulary such as AT&T, Etc.) I KNEW it was a scam. I asked him to give me the number to call because he couldn't recall the name of the cruise line off the top of his head. I call the number (1-800-446-1524) and get the name of the cruise line and then hang up before I chew them out for taking people's money! Lo and behold I google the name and its a SCAM. So I figured that the LEAST I can do is spare someone the pain of getting hard earned money stolen from them while these guys go around calling people and requesting credit card info over the phone! DONT DO IT!
Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Mar, 2010 by   Seph_90 -1 Votes
Hi, my name is Stephanie Rodriguez and I am the Director of Public Relations for Caribbean Cruise Line. I see that you are having doubts about our free cruise. I assure you this promotion is 100% authentic. Thousands of families have traveled with us on this exact offer and they only pay their taxes. We have recieved tremendous reviews from these satisfied cruisers.
 25th of May, 2010 by   kelcixb 0 Votes
HAHAH i got this phone call also
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   Robert n Melodi +1 Votes
Does anyone have the corporate office #?! I am in awe with this ignorant company!
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   Dennis J. Calcaterra +1 Votes
Stephanie, you need to take a look at the Ocean Manor Hotel then justify your comment. They could film a horror film in it. This was an upgrade?
 20th of May, 2013 by   Luc from Montreal +1 Votes
Got a call today from the same number. I just send them to hell and hung up. They are calling me 2 or 3 times a week ON MY CELL PHONE, yet my phone number is on the do-not-call registry. I complained many times to the CRTC and they don't give a flying SH1T.

I am a business person, and "free" is NEVER free
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   Bob42 0 Votes
Caribbean Cruise Line is a complete scam. I just spoke to one of the agents and he said they do not have to follow the law and can do whatever they please. Total scam artists
 25th of Sep, 2013 by   SKSman +1 Votes
This is a scam! The only thing the operator was interested in was if I had a credit card or debit card! When I told them that this was a scam he got a bit upset. I asked him to remove my number from their caller list. Again I told him that their business is a scam and he hung up on me.
if a company is 100% legit the representative shouldn't get upset and hang up the phone when people say that their business is a scam. Also all the reviews online point towards a major scam with this compnay. so PLEASE folks stay away from this company! NEVER give your personal info (ID number, full name, credit card #, SSN, SIN, ...). If you give them this info you could be the target of ID theft or other scams!

Success University Fraud