logo

Tobias Mayer
Birkenstock sandals
5. (30 mins ago)
ScoreSense.com
Money taken out of my account without my permission

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Career Network / Education Connection, New York Complaints & Reviews - False/Inappropriate Business Practices

Career Network / Education Connection Contacts & Informations

Career Network / Education Connection

Posted:    rmerel1

False/Inappropriate Business Practices

Career Network / Education Connection
New York
Phone: 6463601659
They called me about a job, career network, after I applied for a job through my email. It appears that they are trying to get you to enroll into an online university. 321-249-1490 they tell you to call this number, Education Connectio n. They told me that I need to call the 321 number to get a degree, I told them that I have 2 bachelors(business & education), 2 masters(business & education), and a Ed.D. and a PHD in psychology, they still said I need a degree in order to get hired. This is a scam... the 646 # is in new york and the 321 # is in Sanford, FL.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jun, 2009 by   rmerel1 +1 Votes
Filed complaint with federal trade commission reference # 23139199 I strongly recommend everyone who has dealt with them to file a complaint
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   sarahjo +1 Votes
i just graduated middle school and am only going into high school and am trying to enjoy my summer but this 'education connect' or whatever calls every week even though i ask them nicely to take me off the calling list. its really getting on my nerves!
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   assface mcgee +1 Votes
look, never put ur real number for this stuff. i put my name as assface mcgee and my phone number as some random number. its funny because the college they reccomended was univ of pheonix, aka the number one advertising school pays the site to recommend them. i already go to a university, but i just wanted to prove to myself this is bullshit.

THIS WEBSITE IS BULLSHIT, GO TO A COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   eye_kandie +1 Votes
I just recieved a call from then from an iowa number. it was an aribic man telling me he was calling me for a follow up (which i never requested in the first place, not sure how they got my number). and when i told him this he said, 'fuck you'. i thought i mis-heard him and he said it again. he said, 'fuck you bitch'. and when i asked to speak to the manager i asked him if he lets his employees talk this way and he said its because i was acting like a fucking bitch. i'm completely and uterly disguisted. I dont know if this is some kind of sick joke but its definantly not funny to me at all. the number was 515-227-5469 and when i tried to call it back i was told the number was disconected. very frusterating.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   scamalert_101 +1 Votes
this is an complete scam company operated by a indians.. Most likely they are calling directly from india and are not even in US.
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   coolmeia911 +1 Votes
Oh wow I was going to use that site... That's for the info, I'll cross that of my list! :)
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Lotech +1 Votes
I don't know if this Ed Connect thing is a scam,
but speaking of higher learning; every frickin' comment I've read so far appears to have been written by illiterates! And this is coming from someone who has FAILED every English course thrown at him. He made them ALL up of eventually. Would it hurt anybody to use a spell checker once in a while?
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Lotech 0 Votes
I don't know if this Ed Connect thing is a scam,
but speaking of higher learning; every frickin' comment I've read so far appears to have been written by illiterates! And this is coming from someone who has FAILED every English course thrown at him. He made them ALL up eventually. Would it hurt anybody to use a spell checker once in a while?
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   Cgoff87 0 Votes
Im not suprised. I mean how did you think they got paid in the first place?

Anything involving going to college involves YOU paying money.
It should be pretty obvious to people nothing is free by now.

This system of checks and balances makes sure people in poverty stay that way. For someone to make it big these days it either takes a Grant, Self Determination, or you parents bank account. The first two can be pretty hard by yourself.

Contrary to this, there are FREE assistance programs in most major cities. This is why its not good to sit on your ass all day, wtch commercials, and believe everything you see. The real world is not so easy and takes effort. Not something as little as a phone call, thats way to easy...
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   Cgoff87 0 Votes
Lol the guy who started this used it to look for a job and supposedbly has all these degrees. Nobody with such credentials should ever go through such a obscure service. This is for people who have hope, money, and No Degree! Why would they wanna give you a free job? If you are who you say you are [rmerel1] then your our out of your mind. LMFAO. You say you have a Two Bachelors, Two Masters, A Phd in psychology, and a Edd. If this is true, then you should be alot smarter than going on a Complaint Board and writing about how you couldnt get a job from somewhere THAT REQUIRES YOU EDUCATED THROUGH A SCHOOL THEY REFER YOU TO. I defintiley would hate for someone like you to be my Psychologist or Teacher, Im saying this because Im in high school and am currently getting public assistance to go to college. Like [Lotech] said, I believe most people who on this subject are illiterate even though I dont use spellcheck either, because if you know how to spell and are literate then a mispelled word should be a result of a typo.You can usually tell the diffrence, but Im not here to put anyone down. Im just trying to get the truth out there.

My Advice, Goto your High School Counselor before exiting and have them help you. If your sincere they usually 100% of the time will. Its their job. If you did graduate already, go back to the school in which you went to, as a visitor ofcourse, and ask a councelor, (Preferbly your former one) how to take the next step. Its always the hardest to make but its the most crucial.
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   admission-advisor 0 Votes
I worked for Education Connection in Boca raton Florida, (google it) and you will get the REAL tel # and location and it is owned by Kaplan University which is owned by the Washington. BUT that doesn't make it a good company, actually when I worked there they only had one college to forward students to and guess what-that was Kaplan.
After a few months they got a few other colleges on board and we would be able to transfer to those colleges as well as Kaplan.
They are currently working out of the Kaplan University building in Ft. Lauderdale or from home...but my advise is go to your local college. If online is you last resort Kaplan is that but they all online college's charge so much more than your local college I am not sure it worth it.
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   jimmyboyapple 0 Votes
I'm new to all this and need your advice/ help. Do I actually need a degree to work in film. Does the mentor program work? Do studios recognize mentor programs such as film connections? I'm seriously thinking of going down the FC route but need your input.
Thanks.
James
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   ramboner 0 Votes
Shut your stupid mouths. Such stupid people in this world.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   ramboner 0 Votes
If you decide to go to a proprietary education college a.k.a 'online college' you are an idiot and deserve to get charged ridiculous prices for substandard education. What were you thinking when you attended your first day of class on the third floor of an office building? You did not find it peculiar that despite your track record of pathetic failure that they were pressuring you to attend their school and to attend it NOW!!! I know they saw something 'special' in you, call it potential, the potential to have virgin credit and poor parents so you can get raped out of 50, o00 in student loan money that you may qualify for. If not, they've got a payment plan for if your parents aren't poor and despite their wealth you still suck at life...good job buddy. If a school is offering you an associates degree that is more expensive than a bachelors and citing the reason as 'its more effective due to our industry connections and job placement services' they are selling you shit, leave now retard. If you were a fucktard in high school and got bad grades (How is that shit even possible in the US, if you can breathe here you can get a 4.0) and are currently looking for a fast and convenient solution to the stupid decisions you made, well there isnt one asshole. Start flipping burgers and learning how to read at Community College. If you actually use your fucking brain you will be well on your way to mediocrity and a public school bachelors...congrats buddy you just moved from crack whore to xerox machine sales rep. All colleges are scams, except a bachelors from a real school will keep you from giving HJs for crack, instead you'll be giving mindjobs for toner cartridge commissions, while your wife gets fucked by Randy the office manager at the Route 78 Motel 6. Welcome to life kid...just know slinging that toner cartridge is a way better than getting butt fisted for crack behind Dennys.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   jimmyboyapple 0 Votes
Many people have been flaming Education connection using the Better Business Bureau as a reference point. Well maybe these folks should read the latest article in the Washington Post (among numerous others) that have announced that BBB were caught giving Middle east terror group HAMAS an A- rating, for their work "educating the youth" Seems ironic somehow that an AMERICAN organization can quite happily give honest companies (and this includes Prada, Porsche California and Starbucks an F rating) And can give a NON AMERICAN organization that sends kids out with Semtex strapped to their chest into busy marketplaces an A-. Maybe these people should read these articles before attacking connections or those who have either completed or are enrolled in one of their programs. Thank you for your time.
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   Brian Hulnick 0 Votes
I am a new member. I have read in this forum that some of you suspect that new members are spam. I am not spam. Please remember, your posts show up in the search engines so even thought the forum is “private” the posts are public. So when I saw that you were talking about Recording Connection, I had to join and post as the Recording Connection is a subject that I know a lot about. I should, I went to the school. Let me tell you about my experience.
First off this place is far from a scam. They get you inside a real recording studio and oversee that you are trained one on one inside a real studio. No money at all is asked for up front. You pay only after you are accepted.
Many say why pay for an Internship? And that is what I originally thought, but the reality is, this is not an Internship, it is an apprenticeship. You are learning from a professional in a real studio from a course curriculum. My Recording Connection mentor is Warren Huart. Look him up. Warren is the Producer of Korn, Better than Ezra, and just about every alternative band at Sony Music. He is also a composer for Grey’s Anatomy, Scrubs, etc.

Look I’m in my 30s and so I’ve been around the block, as I’m sure many of you have. I love the Internet, blogging, and posting in forums, but let’s be real people, NEGATIVE comments in forums and on blogs will always be in the majority because most people don’t post positive things when they are happy. We humans are just not wired that way unfortunately. If there are 5-20 negative comments in this or other forums, Praedo’s Law says there are probably 500 people who loved this school. I am one of them. Is the Recording Connection perfect? No. But it got me in a real studio and I learned under a man (Warren) who is real life music producer. Warren would not have trained me if I knocked on his door cold and asked him for an Internship.

Also, here are some other guys that endorse The Recording Connection and also teach for them in their studios:

TIM PALMER – Produced for U2, Pearl Jam, The Cure, David Bowie
CHRIS SHELDON – Engineered and Produced Liz Phair
JOHN ALTMAN – James Bond Film Composer
BRIAN BLACKWELL – Sony Music Executive for 30 years.
BRIAN LEVI – Engineered for Dwight Yokam
PRESTON BOEBEL – Engineered for Hoobestank, Whitesnake, Clint Mansell

This place is not a scam. If anyone wants to talk to me live about it, post and we can arrange a chat.But please let's keep it polite.

Best Wishes,
Brian Hulnick (Recording Connection Graduate)
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   littlefoot725 0 Votes
This message is for RAMBONER. Okay so some people might have done poorly in college but that doesn't mean they "fucked off". I door poor in school no matter if I tried or not. I later came to find out that I am mentally ill. Im unable to work. I'd like to go back to school but can't handle being away from home for too long. So you tell me, what should I do?
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   littlefoot725 0 Votes
I did poor not door poor. My mistake.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   jimmyboyapple 0 Votes
Brian, it would seem that you are thoroughly enjoying your time with recording connection. I am similarly happy with my course but unfortunately it would appear people do not want to hear that. People only want to hear so-called horror stories. I think that to many years of Bush have jaded us somewhat. It's a shame because it is always nice to share ones good experiences, what ever they may be. But post your good experiences with Film/Recording/Broadcast Connection and you run the gauntlet of the mob.
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   Brian Hulnick 0 Votes
Thats too bad, I only want to let people here know that I have been totally OK with my RC course and that everything is going as I had hoped. I don't want to get into a flaming war just for posting about what has happened to me. Thanks.
Brian