logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
isharedmedia.com
I couldn’t browse my video and moderators ignored me
2. (2 mins ago)
UK National Mobile Draw 2014
Antony wanyama oduol
5. (21 mins ago)
ORANGE TELECOMMUNICATION PVT LTD
winning one million great pouds

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2013-02-22 by    Chloe Hudson

Care.com is a scam

Care.com
California
Please join my group, "Care.com is a Scam", if you have been ripped off by this company. What they do is get you to sign up for "free" membership. In order to access the contact info of caretakers you must upgrade to premium membership, for either a one-month, three-month, or twelve-month period. After the membership period you have selected is up, Care .com will automatically bill you for another one month, three months, or twelve months depending on which option you selected initially, without any warning and notice to you via email. Most people only need premium membership for one month, and after you forget to downgrade to free basic membership Care.com will keep charging you without prior notice with a courtesy email. Auto-renewal memberships such as these are put in place for the ultimate purpose of taking advantage of consumers, banking on the fact that the consumer will most likely forget to cancel their membership or downgrade to free basic membership. This company needs to be brought to justice via a class action lawsuit under the unfair business practices act. Please show your support by joining my group if you have been a victim of Care.com's predatory business and billing practices.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2013 by   Kathy Dee 0 Votes
Oh ...that is why I haven't gotten but one dog walking job from them...???!!! I had written them asking them or should I say telling them that after so many years with them I expected to have several job offers...I am listed in the child care, senior care and pet care. This is a shame I have and am wasting my precious time. Thank you for telling me.
Sincerely,
Kathleen Christl
 31st of Aug, 2013 by   NETTE7 0 Votes
CARE.COM TERMINATES PEOPLES ACCT WITHOUT NO GOOD REASON AND THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU WHY!!...I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO A ROCK!I HATE THEM AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW IT!!I WANT TO BE IN THE GROUP..."CARE.COM IS A SCAM"!!..THEY ALLOW SCAMMERS TO HAVE AN ACCT THEN THEY CONTACT YOU AND WHEN YOU RESPOND BACK, YOU ARE TERMINATED!!..THE FRICKIN WORSE COMPANY EVER!!
 26th of Sep, 2013 by   caredotcomisascam 0 Votes
I had this happen to me. I had paid for one month of service in December of 2011. They have been charging me all this time. It is a credit card I don't use, but have just been paying off, so I didn't notice the charges for quite a few months. I contacted their customer service after having to do a Google search to find their number. They are crediting me one month. I contacted the credit card. The credit card is taking off another two months. I am writing a Better Business Bureau complaint and contacting any other state/national agencies that I can. Their practices are sneaky and deceiving.
 11th of Nov, 2013 by   Jeanie2 0 Votes
I agree about Care.com is a scam. Just join them a month ago and tried to cancel for there was no job offers, and the ones I did never respond back. They told me they couldn't refund the money as it was stated. Well, it didn't stated no where saying there's no refund, plus there was no contract. So now I lost the money that I don't have and that is why I'm looking for job to pet sit. Sure wish I seen this before I sign up with them. I thought about contacting Better Business Bureau, but I'm not sure what they'll do.
 16th of Dec, 2013 by   MoneyMarketingScheme 0 Votes
I knew their practices are sneaky and deceiving. Therefore, since I NEVER provide my credit card online to anyone, they keep denying my profile. It states, "free trial membership." In an e-mail, they keep saying my profile is incomplete, "please upgrade your membership with your credit card." They also "denied, " my photo. I'm sitting down "smiling." There is one particular position that I am more than qualified (Personal Assistant to an Executive), and last week they contacted one of my references. I'm sorry the above lost money. I just lost some time trying to add a profile. It's a money making "outfit." I'll bet the job doesn't even exist.
 5th of Jan, 2014 by   Elizabeth Niederkorn 0 Votes
I signed up for Care.com in Aug 2011 - i found a Nanny within the month and never went back to the site - which is very clear if they look at my history. I just found out they have been charging me the montly fee of $35 a month since Aug 2011. When I asked them about it they only gave me one month reimbursement. It's such a scam - I was not receiving or utilizing any of thier services after the one month. The better business bureau should look into this - I will also be seeking legal advice. Such a disappointment!!!
 11th of Feb, 2014 by   Membercare 0 Votes
Hi Elizabeth, We're sorry to hear about your experience with Care.com. All of our subscriptions are set to automatically renew until cancelled. This is a setting you can edit at any point through your account in your Account & Settings page. Ultimately, it is the member's responsibility to cancel the subscription when they are no longer in need of the service. If you have any questions about these policies, we recommend you look through our Terms of Use, or contact our Member Care department directly.

Tips for Cyber Monday Shoppers