logo

Kamera Kids/Sutherland Models
Unprofessionalism
2. (26 mins ago)
Geico Insurance
Fraud: adjusters committing fraud in arizona
3. (54 mins ago)
IBC Bank
Awful customer service
4. (55 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
5. (55 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fake charge and they sent me wrong contact info

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Care Credit Complaints & Reviews - Need info on class action suit

CareCredit Contacts & Informations

Care Credit

Posted:    Mike

Need info on class action suit

Care Credit
www.carecredit.com
Does anyone have information regarding a class action suit against Care Credit? My wife and I are at the end of our rope with this scam of a company and would like to get involved with bringing them down.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of May, 2010 by   arienzo 0 Votes
I was reading their TOS and it basically says that we can't join a Class Action Lawsuit. Grrr... they sent me a letter in November saying that they supposedly had a computer glitch and charged my account back finance charges. And because I never responded to the 1st letter (would this possibly be because I never received a 1st letter?), it would all be added to the December statement.
 6th of Nov, 2010 by   sarah shultz 0 Votes
GOT A TV FROM HH GREGG FOR GRAND_DAUGHTER, THEY OFFERED GE MONEY BANK AS FINANCING, NO MONEY DOWN, ONE YEAR TO PAY INTEREST FREE, WELL, I PAID IT OFF WITHIN THE YEAR, AND THEY SENT ME A BILL FOR $234.00 FOR INTEREST...CALLED THEM..GOT THE RUN AROUND...I REFUSED TO PAY..THEY TURNED IT INTO COLLECTIONS...SCREWED MY CREDIT...WHOS GOT THE MONEY FOR A LAWYER?????
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   vagabond 0 Votes
24. DISPUTE/CLAIM RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION PROVISION.
General/Requirement to Arbitrate. PLEASE READ THIS PROVISION CAREFULLY. UNLESS YOU SEND US THE REJECTION NOTICE DESCRIBED BELOW, THIS
PROVISION WILL APPLY TO YOUR ACCOUNT, AND MOST DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE SUBJECT TO INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION. THIS MEANS
THAT: (1) NEITHER A COURT NOR A JURY WILL RESOLVE ANY SUCH DISPUTE; (2) YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR SIMILAR
PROCEEDING; (3) LESS INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE; AND (4) APPEAL RIGHTS WILL BE LIMITED. This Provision replaces any existing arbitration provision with us and will stay in force no matter what happens to your account, including termination.
Upon demand, and except as otherwise provided below, you and we must arbitrate individually any dispute or claim between you, any joint cardholder and/or any additional cardholder, on the one hand; and us, our affiliates, agents and/or dealers/merchants/retailers or participating professionals, on the other hand, if the dispute or claim arises from or relates to your account. However, we will not require you to arbitrate: (1) any individual case in small claims court or your state’s equivalent court, so long as it remains an individual case in that court; or (2) any claim by us that only involves our effort to collect money you owe us. However, if you respond to a collection lawsuit by claiming that we engaged in any wrongdoing, we may require you to arbitrate.
YOU AGREE NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION AGAINST US IN COURT OR ARBITRATION. ALSO,
YOU MAY NOT BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ON BEHALF OF ANY CARDHOLDER WHO IS NOT A JOINT OR ADDITIONAL CARDHOLDER WITH YOU ON YOUR
ACCOUNT (AN “UNRELATED CARDHOLDER”), AND YOU AGREE THAT NO UNRELATED CARDHOLDER MAY BRING ANY CLAIMS AGAINST US ON YOUR BEHALF.
CLAIMS BY YOU AND BY AN UNRELATED CARDHOLDER MAY NOT BE JOINED IN A SINGLE ARBITRATION. Only a court may decide whether any part of this paragraph is enforceable. If it is finally determined that this paragraph is not fully enforceable, only this sentence of the Provision will remain in force and the remainder of the Provision will be null and void, provided that the court’s determination concerning the enforceability of this paragraph shall be subject to appeal.
Starting an Arbitration. If you or we elect to arbitrate a claim, the electing party must notify the other party in writing.
This notice can be given after the beginning of a lawsuit and can be given in papers filed in the lawsuit. Otherwise, your notice must be sent to GE Money Bank, Legal Operation, 950 Forrer Boulevard, Kettering, OH 45420, ATTN: ARBITRATION DEMAND and our notice must be sent to the most recent address for you in our files. The party seeking arbitration must select as the arbitration administrator either the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), 1633 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10019, www.adr.org, (800) 778-7879, or JAMS, 620 Eighth Avenue, 34th Floor, New York, NY 10018, www.jamsadr.com, (800) 352-5267. If neither the AAA nor JAMS is able or willing to handle the dispute, then the parties will resolve their dispute in court.
The arbitration administrator will appoint the arbitrator and tell the parties what to do next. The arbitrator must be a lawyer with at least ten years legal experience. In making decisions or awarding remedies, the arbitrator must apply the same law and legal principles that would apply in court, but may use different procedural rules. If the administrator’s rules conflict with this Provision, this Provision will control.
Arbitration Location and Fees. The arbitration will take place by phone or at a location reasonably convenient to you. Upon your request, we will normally pay all the fees the administrator or arbitrator charges, if we believe you are acting in good faith. We will always pay these arbitration costs, as well as your legal fees and costs, to the extent required under applicable law or in order for this Provision to be enforced.
Governing Law. This Provision is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (the “FAA”). Utah law shall apply to the extent state law is relevant under Section 2 of the FAA in determining the validity of this Provision. The arbitrator must follow: (1) the substantive law, consistent with the FAA, that would apply if the matter had been brought in court, (2) this Provision, and (3) the administrator’s rules. The arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding, except for any appeal right under the FAA. Any court with jurisdiction may enter judgment upon the arbitrator’s award.
Rejecting this Provision. You may reject this Provision, in which case only a court may be used to resolve any dispute or claim. Rejection will not affect any other
aspect of this Agreement. To reject, you must send us a notice within 60 days after you open your account or we first provide you with a right to reject this Provision. The notice must include your name, address, and account number and be mailed to GE Money Bank, P.O. Box 981429, El Paso, TX 79998-1429. This is the only way you can reject this
Yeah they covered their butts.
I paid over $1700 in the past 11 months, out of the $5000 loan I initiated with Raab Chiropractics in Spokane WA. That was in the winter of '07, My balance as of today is in the red by $400. Yes, that's the $5000 PLUS $400. Now, they're going after my cosigner, of whom are retired. In order to pay this off in the first 12 months of 0%, one would have to pay $419 per month. If I could afford to pay $419 a month. I wouldn't be uninsured.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   angela411 0 Votes
OMG if there is a class action suit...PLEASEEEEEEEE CONTACT ME!
angelaseyes411@hotmail.com
This company is a SCAM! I am being billed for $3, 610 in accrued interest when I PAID THE BALANCE OFF!!!

Here is my story:
Medical emergencies bring out the best in some, the worst in others. Well, needless to say...CareCredit brings out the absolute worst!!! Simply and to the point, they take advantage of patients in a bad situation. CareCredit.com are vultures – and if you can avoid dealing with them, I advise making whatever effort is necessary to do so.
CareCredit.com has signed up medical providers – not just MDs, but dentists, therapists, and veterinarians. If you have a huge medical expense, and can't afford the entire amount, chances are your medical provider will probably mention CareCredit.com and their wonderful three- or six-month no interest plan. Well, I had an overwhelming amount in dental costs and my dentist suggested that I apply for care credit for part of the amount. When I called them, they were EXTREMELY pleasant! I was approved during that very phone call. I have excellent credit...but needless to say, that was NEVER even checked.

The concept sounds very much like an act of mercy, guaranteeing that people who are in desperate need of funds to pay for their medical procedures will get the help they need.

CareCredit.com is actually GE Capital (the same people who made your ‘fridge lend out lots and lots of money). They’re not in it for altruism – they’re in it to make money – and make money they do. HOW? BY LYING TO YOU!!!
This is not a loan, it’s a credit card – in a few days, a MasterCard appears in your mailbox. In theory, you can use this card to charge more medical expenses. What’s different about this card is that, unlike all those offers you’re getting in the mail every day, the interest is GETTING ADDED EVERY SINGLE DAY at the maximum amount allowable under the usury threshold of 24% APY.

That vaunted “interest-free” period is only “interest-free” if you pay off the entire bill within the no-interest period. Pay off all but A FEW BUCKS and you owe interest on the entire bill.
MY STORY!
In my case, CareCredit.com never bothered to send me any form of information about the account AT ALL. Sure, they got the card to me, but nothing else. They’re never sent me any information about the payment plans, and more to the point, they’ve never sent me a BILL!
I had less than $3, 000 left to pay on the card prior to the "promotional period" ending. My dentist called up to add $9, 000 to the card and asked if he did so, would they extend the promotional "interest free" rate for an additional 12 months. THEY GLADLY AGREED! Well, one day, I go online and notice that they are charging me interest. I called and not only was the customer service agent extremely rude, he proceeds to insult my intelligence insulted by stating that I should learn to read. (I'm sorry, last I checked I have my PHD! I am quite certain I KNOW HOW TO READ! This comment coming from a customer service rep who probably gets paid minimum wage at best.) Apparently, I was being charged "deferred interest" because, according to them, I never paid the prior balance off. First of all, I sent them a payment of $3, 000 (which was OVER the amount I owed) and they applied that amount to the NEW BALANCE! WHY???? I HAVE NO IDEA! In addition, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO READ??? NOTHING WAS EVER SENT TO ME BUT REGULAR STATEMENTS!!! So in essence, I KILLED MYSELF PAYING MORE THAN THE AMOUNT DUE EVERY MONTH...Just to get slammed anyway. THEY PROMISED MY DENTIST THAT THEY WOULD EXTEND THE PROMOTIONAL PERIOD IF HE ADDED MORE MONEY TO MY EXISTING ACCOUNT! Due to this, I am getting penalized for almost $3, 610 in accrued interest. This is just ridiculous!

My Advice ...Avoid these people like the plague! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! Not to mention that their customer service representatives are incompetent (if not merely stupid) and worse yet, LIARS!!!
 12th of Jun, 2011 by   vagabond +1 Votes
I'll keep this short.
I have the same complaints and would love to join a class action. I intend on sending this link to the local news stations and get the word out.
I noticed a chiro named Raab is implicated. That's where my nightmare with these shiesters began.
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   nbennett 0 Votes
I agree... Care Credit is nothing but a scam! Please, please, let me know if there will be a class action law suit!
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   Kayli 0 Votes
My dealings with Care Credit has been a nightmare. I am all for a class action suit.
 3rd of Sep, 2011 by   Dilcia gomez 0 Votes
im also agree that this company is a crock i they are charging me 39.99 for late fee and high interes rate that i never see before. i will write a letter to the attorney general and also call the business bureu to complain. may be this entities will stop this people from doing bad business,
 5th of Nov, 2011 by   Jgreggerson 0 Votes
I agree this company is huge scam. HOWEVER, to the people who are complaining about being slammed with interest after the interest free period, you have no right to be bitching. It clearly states that if you do not pay off the balance during the promotional period, you get charged interest for the ENTIRE INITIAL BALANCE. Honestly, that's just stupidity on your part for not reading the most basic part of the agreement.
 29th of Dec, 2011 by   DOGMA OF 3 0 Votes
Huge Scam! Is that the worst you can say about this company? You'll love this scenario. I borrowed $2, 000 from Care Credit for surgery on my dog. Ever month, during the 6 month grace period, I made regular payments electronically. I would set a payment up on or about the 15th with my bank, and the ach/wire would be posted to my Care Credit account on the 15th every month for 5 months. The total was due Dec 22, 2011 so I set it up to pay, IN FULL, electronically, in Dec 22, 2011. CareCredit refused the electronic payment and told my bank they would only accept a check for this payment. So, needless to say, the payment went by USPS and was received 5 days late on Dec 27, 2011 and I now owe $400 in interest. This is fraud. As a consumer, I should expect that my payments will be handled exactly like all the others. I made an error in judgment when I didn't double check to see if that last payment could be made in the same manner as all the others. However, I will be calling the Attorney General's Office for the State of Maryland and filing a complaint.
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   Mishasharpe 0 Votes
I applied for care credit and never recieved any services. Found out my husband was been separated from the military so this procedure was an added expense we didn't need. Unfortunately the doctor already charged me. I am so upset and care credit basically told me they could not so anything!! I won't let it go this easily, I will research to try to find out about starting a class action suit. These people are purely fraudulent!
 5th of Jun, 2013 by   tiredofthishit 0 Votes
Same thing here paid $300 for an operation on my Yorkie...paid on this $25 a month for 2 years...went to the bank they tell me I owe $450 dollars on this and 200 dollars behind on a $300 dollar loan I have already paid payments of $600 in 2 years...they actually told me they would take $171 to settle and I write the creditor . I told them no problem send me the bill and I will do the best to pay it...wink wink...could someone direct or this get our complaining asses together to see if we have a suite...I can be contacted at vintageatv@gmail.com or vintageatv at gmail dot com...thanks Bill
 8th of Jun, 2014 by   Jeanne Watkins 0 Votes
I received information about the class action suite but can not now locate it. Is there any way to get this information again

Consumer Financial Protection Agency