logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
flippiness.com
This company wants only your money
2. (7 mins ago)
Tianshi/Tiens
Is product really working
5. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
clothing-dropship.com
They stated that no payment was provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cardio Club, Inc, Orlando, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Still charging membership fee, 5 months after they filed bankrupticy!!!!!

Cardio Club, Inc Contacts & Informations

Cardio Club, Inc

Posted:    Alex9

Still charging membership fee, 5 months after they filed bankrupticy!!!!!

Cardio Club, Inc
Event Date Filed 11/04/2008
Event Effective Date NONE
Principal Address
ORLANDO FL 32835

This company is charging membership fees even though they've filed bankruptcy and CLOSED its facility at the address above, on Nov 2009. As of today (04/06/10) they are EVEN responding to the disputes you open at your bank (by faxing to the bank a copy of the contract of your membership, that way they can keep charging you money) you to cancel the charges in your credit/debit card.

It's been 5 months since the gym closed its doors (there is also a notice on the front door of Cardio Club, from the city of Orlando, stating that they owe to the city over $20, 000.00 in taxes). And Bank of America now, in order to refund 5 months of charges in my credit card, want to see a proof that the gym really closed. Because Cardio Club had sent a fax to Bank of America with copy of membership contract stating that I still have to pay the membership fees every month.

Here's more info about the company, taken from sunbiz.org

Registered Agent Name & Address
2007 08/02/2007
2008 11/04/2008
2009 04/17/2009
Comments United States Fitness Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of May, 2010 by   workoutnut1 0 Votes
Had the same issue for a bit but was refunded as I was surprised to see a refund sent by "Cardio Club Inc" on 3/10 /2010 for the 3 months I was charged . I transfered to the YMCA in Dr Phillips since then and I love it . Seems that many former Cardio Club people landed at the Y and have been able to keep paying Cardio Club prices . They are the lucky ones since my rate went way up . But overall not to upset . I do like the Y and get much use out of the things Cardio Club did not offer . I can say I was a member at Cardio Club for 10 years or so and it was well worth it . Sorry it closed .
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   RUN26.2 0 Votes
I checked it out this company never filed bankruptcy; I had the same issue as I was charged 4 extra months. But then received a check from Cardio Club inc for 5 months but upsetting I had to wait so long it was already closed for 6 months by then. I can say that I was a member for 7 years and it was a pretty great place while I was there. Kinda miss it !

New Cedit Card Scam