logo

Sears Jewelry
Broken in 3 months
3. (3 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
4. (7 mins ago)
Dealer Synergy Sean Bradley
Sean Bradley Scammer
5. (10 mins ago)
GLD Myscore
they keep on charging me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cardinal Moving Systems Complaints & Reviews - Do NOT use Cardinal If you Care about your stuff

Cardinal Moving Systems Contacts & Informations

Cardinal Moving Systems

Posted:    mdaggie

Do NOT use Cardinal If you Care about your stuff

Cadinal Moving Systems/First USA Van Lines
If you are considering using Cardinal Moving Systems for your next move, you should consider the following before you put your personal belongings at risk!!!
Their website claims that they have a “revolutionary approach eliminates the questionable pricing practices that many moving companies too often impose on customers”
Truth is that they grossly under-quote and will charge you 40% more on the day of your move leaving you hostage with no options.
They claim to handle your belongs with care…
Truth is that they (and their subcontractors) are reckless with your belongings and don’t care about destroying your things. As long as they get paid, it doesn’t matter to them.
They claim to have insurance that covers you in case something happens
Truth is that they don’t insure your belongings unless you choose the more expensive service of having them pack your boxes. They also don’t tell you this during the quote process.
Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Oct, 2010 by   jtub +2 Votes
this is the worst move I have ever had. They have lied since the day we booked our move. Not professional at all, late, they dont care about your belongings. For some reason they will not let me talk to the head honcho, just a lady name Lee. I know there is someone over her and i am going to find them. This is not how you do buisness.I am not sure how they are still in buisness. This is the worst experance EVER!!! THEY LIE LIE LIE LIE !!! After everthing they have not even offered any kind of courtsy discount. They are horrable!!! I am not sure who is rating them as wonderful... Probably someone that works there, but there not...NO ONE SHOULD USE THIS COMPANY !!!
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   cardinal_movers_are_cheats +2 Votes
We had the same problem on our recent move from California to Hawaii!! The final estimate on the day of the move was more than double our initial estimate. We tried contacting our sales representative FRANK RIVERA prior to the move to go over the final estimate but he was "unavailable". On the day of the move, we had no choice but to be presented with an insane final moving cost. We were completely not satisfied, but were already in a bind since all of our belongings were already on the truck.

To make matters worse... on the day of the delivery, Cardinal informed us that the move was for "door-to-door" service and wanted to charge an additional $1 per cubic feet to move it in into the house! Again, we tried contacting Frank Rivera and this time his "assistant" answered and simply told us that he was unavailable and that they did not know where he was.

We also had the same Lee from customer service who was the only person we were able to speak with. She was very rude and would not stop talking over us. On the day of the move when they tried to impose the extra $1600 just to move our things into our house, she demanded that it was part of the contract that we had signed. All the contract said was that "additional fees to Hawaii may apply". Nothing about an additional costing us $1 per cubit feet.

The worst part is that our agent Frank Rivera specifically told us over the phone that the move included delivery into the unit and that they would reassemble our furniture. But of course, he was not available to speak to us again.

This is the worst experience we have ever had and we are not done with them. Sorry that there are others who had the same problem, but I'm glad to hear that it wasn't just us. That we are not crazy, and this is proof that they are indeed scamming people out there!
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   wwbcmf +1 Votes
Amazing. I can't believe it. Both posts have echoed what my family and i went through with this company. i was taken in by the nice kind voice with the reasonable price promising all kinds of things that the lady name of Lee ignored.

I sure hope somebody does something about this company. They threw our stuff around in the truck, smashed boxes, broke some of our valuable items and basically didn't give a shit about anything. We got additional charges after they had our things on the truck and also when they delivered. It ended up being almost double than they originally quoted.

Lee was rude and pushy, the pickup man was rude and pushy, and so was the delivery man - using intimidation to win over his points. They were all foreigners except for the person who took our initial order over the phone. That person was amazingly nice and kind. Now I know why! To secure the order so the rest of the rude foreigners could screw the americans over!!! Their trucks also had no company name on them and I'm sure the people they hired to pick up and deliver our goods were not insured or bonded. They were like illegal foreign workers.

Is anyone going to go after them or?

Personally I really think if anyone was to go after them, they'd send over some kind of mafia to your home and raid it or burn it down or something. I feel this company is evil.
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   raw_and_easy 0 Votes
WOW!! I AM SO HAPPY I READ THIS CARDINAL MOVING REVIEW !!! I AM CANCELLING MY SERVICES WITH THEM TOMORROW!! FRANK RIVERA HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT NICE BUT IF THIS IS ALL TRUE THERE IS NO WAY I CAN TRUST A FULL CONTAINER LOADED WITH MY HOUSE HOLD GOOD WITH THEM!!!
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   Greentara 0 Votes
I'm so depressed every review I have read on every company has been bad. One was Cardinal, Eden, aka Hawaiian Van Lines an the other was Guardian. Can someone help me with and suggestions????
 20th of May, 2011 by   Lost and Broken +1 Votes
By far the worst moving company ever. My move with them in June 2010 was a disaster. When my goods arrived many boxes and even plastic moving bins, were Wet, broken and some were open. When unpacking I found over 75 items broken glass items. That was what arrived. They tried to leave without unpacking my dining room table, telling me that was everything, I made them search and of course they found it. Unlike my bedroom dresser which still has not been found along with several other boxes included 4 picture boxes. While Cardinal allegedly settled according to the insurance policy, I say allegedly because on May 19th, 2011 I still have not received the check, which is apparently lost in the mail, I was highly disappointed because I'd hoped the severity of the damage along with missing items would prompt Cardinal to do the right thing and go over and above the insurance coverage. No such luck. Just now when asking them to overnight the replacement check, they of course said the $15 cost was not fiscally responsible for their company. Well this move has been fiscally disasterous for me as I have had to replace broken and missing items from my move with Cardinal. Drunken Monkeys would have done a better job than Cardinal. Don't use cardinal ever unless your intent is to not receive your goods at all or in a severely damaged state.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   yaba +1 Votes
I wish I'd read this before my move from Florida to Hawaii. All the issues mentioned above are true because the very same happened to me. I had dealings with Frank and Terry, mostly Terry who assured me their company did everything. She claimed they take all the stress out of moving by packing everything and moving it from old home into new home. She said all the stuff is shrink wrapped for safety, that never happened. Again I was quoted one price and when all was done the price doubled. But that's not the worse of it. I packed everything myself because I felt I would do a better job, if I had not the price would have been astronomical. For instance(I have it in front of me) a small box costs $5.50 ($1 at Wal-Mart) but for them to pack it is an extra $7.50, yes that is $12.50 total and I'm talking a small box. Nobody told me about that, she went out of her way to say they DID EVERYTHING, a blatant lie for the price she quoted me. A box for your TV is $50. My stuff arrive last month, boxes broken, the guy was picking up bits of the floor of the truck asking if they were mine, and two large boxes missing. Nobody will talk to me except tell me to file a claim. There is no-one in charge, no office I can go to, Terry now doesn't even remember me when I call, she was my best friend before I paid. I don't know if anyone else is better but the worse part of these people is it seems so unstructured, and there is nobody to talk to. I'm sure they plan it like that. We shipped a car also, only one minor thing broken but a drama to pick it up. They didn't arrive during the 5 day window and then gave the driver my number, and he was crazy. He wanted me to drive to some remote little place -at night- as he was low on gas in his truck. I hung up on him as he never shut up, I'm guessing on something to drive all night and day. The whole thing was disastrous. I could go on but will save my energy to write to the BBB. Who knows, it might help.
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   MarcieG +1 Votes
Thank you so much for the warnings! My family is moving to Hawaii this summer, and I just started requesting online quotes, including one from Cardinal. I am so sorry for all of you who were their victims, but you have definitely saved my family a lot of heartache.
 30th of Apr, 2012 by   Cassandra Torrres +1 Votes
wow this is amazing I just had the same experience with this company. Only thing is my experience is far from over, its been 2 months since our arrival in Hawaii and our stuff is yet to arrive! Last week when we called about it they said that it was still in L.A. bacause we refuse to pay all the extra charges that they tagged on after our stuff was already on the truck. So they are holding our stuff until we agree to pay, they wont even send it over here.I am completely beside myself as I have family memorabilia from the holocaust and other very important stuff in there including medical equipment that we need for my sick down syndrome baby! What should we do? Maybe we should all get together and talk about a class action law suit!?!!!
 21st of May, 2012 by   NTheLandofDisenchantment +1 Votes
My experience is the same as everyone else. Rather than detail out all the problems I've had with this company. I'm just going to copy and paste this link so that future victims can hopefully be better informed. This is the link to their bbb file. http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-western-arizona/Business-Reviews/movers/first-usa-vanlines-llc-in-phoenix-az-1000000953/complaints.

I wish that my move hadn't happened on the fly so that I would have taken more time to research. By the way, I did actually try to find bbb info on them, but they are not accredited and if you look for Cardinal Moving Services, you come up empty handed because they are owned by a company called First USA Van Lines. I also tried to research who the CEO is of the company. The person listed on bbb records doesn't seem to exist. To add more to the confusion, my pickup and all of that paperwork is via Guardian Cargo Logistics. When I called them, they weren't surprised at all that I had problems, but they didn't know where to escalate. I truly hope this helps someone else who is moving so that they run run run away from Cardinal, Hercules and/or First USA Van Lines.
 11th of Jul, 2012 by   christine2012 -1 Votes
It is very sad to see that such a good company has so many bad reviews, don’t let those reviews deceive you from choosing this great company for your upcoming move, I used Cardinal in for a move a few months ago, I had to relocate due to my job, I got so many different moving quotes but I chose Cardinal because it was more close to my budget than the other companies, I did checked them online, but I decided to give them a chance and I am happy to say that they did a fantastic job. I had a great experience with everyone at Cardinal, since my sales rep, to the movers, to customer service to ultimately the delivery. I was always able to communicate with them and all my questions were answered. Movers were very polite and professional, and when delivery came, my items arrived safely without any damage. Thank you Cardinal Moving for making my move as easy and as stress free as possible.
 12th of Jul, 2012 by   From Kailua +2 Votes
Shut up Christine! Do you work at the company? You have no idea what the moving companies do to the customers!!! Shut up. They steal money from us, destroy our belongings, and treat us terrible! They are a MAFIA! Cardinal, Guardian and Hercules are the same company!!! If you contract them to do your moving be prepared to have the worst experience in life and plenty headaches!
 12th of Jul, 2012 by   From Kailua 0 Votes
To everybody who is having this terrible situation with the moving companies, file the complains with DOT (department of Transportation). There is no way to stop this if we do not file a complain!
 8th of Sep, 2012 by   SandiBeach 0 Votes
Okay...Does anyone know of a good company from california to hawaii that won't cost an arm and a leg?
 8th of Sep, 2012 by   SandiBeach 0 Votes
Okay does anyone know of a good moving company for California to Hawaii that does not cost an arm and a leg?
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   giantsfan 0 Votes
I'm in a similar boat, need a good moving company from Arizona to Hawaii, does anyone have any recommendations?
 26th of Oct, 2012 by   ivettepeterman 0 Votes
I am using Cardinal Movers for the second time. They did a fantastic job the first time, plus their price was better than others. I knew I made the right choice, I am impressed again with their service. Mainly because the crew was great! I did have the same driver, but different crew. They were nice, careful with my belongings, and pretty quiet. I'm going to use them in the future if I need to move again. I just hope I can request this crew again! And, as an added bonus, it ended up taking a shorter amount of time than I was quoted. Cardinal Movers are the best!!!
 14th of Nov, 2012 by   Sandibeach1186 0 Votes
Do NOT USE THIS Company they are nothing but LIARS and they have my things in California and they were suppose to ship out to Hawaii 3 weeks ago. They go by Hercules also. Everything they said was a lie and FRANK RIVERA is the biggest scam artist in the WORLD...I am going after them and HARD...DO NOT USE THEM AND KEEP WRITING BAD REVIEWS TO PUT THEM TO SLEEP!
 14th of Nov, 2012 by   Sandibeach1186 0 Votes
Yea...Shut up ivette...You freakin work for the company and I don't know how you sleep at night!
 17th of Dec, 2012 by   f430girl 0 Votes
So glad i did background check. Cardinal Moving Systems just lost a 5 bd rm house move from the States to New Zealand. Don't know if that offers any of you consolation, but thank you. Good luck on your complaints.

How to Sell on Craigslist and Not Get Scammed: 4 Great Tips You Need to Know