logo

2531 Berkeley Ave
Austin, Texas
Phone: 512-965-6744
car2go.com
My first rental with car2go was a disaster. I found a car on their car finder near 290 and Ben White and went to pick up the car. When I reached the location, I found the car...behind a gated fence. I called customer service who told me the car was not supposed to be behind the fence. They directed me as best they could (the rep was in the Netherlands where it was 3am) to the next closest car. I found it and tried to pick that one up. My brand new card had no effect when I placed it next to the reader. Nada. Called customer service again. The CSR told me that my new card must not be working and I would have to go to the office to get it replaced. It is now after 9pm in east Austin and luckily, the friend who was dropping me off at the car had waited after my first trouble, or I would have been stranded there. I didn't believe the CSR that it was the fault of my card since there were no lights on the card reader lighting up...seemed like the card reader was broken to me. So my friend drove me to the next closest car...which was not exactly close...over 5 miles away...wouldn't have been a pleasant walk had I had to do so. So this one finally worked and I got a car for the time I needed it that night. So the next night, I decided to try again. Picked up a car in the parking lot of a CVS on South Congress and Oltorf. Drove downtown for the evening and at the end of the night, put the car back EXACTLY where I had found it several hours earlier in the same spot. A few days days later I get a call from car2go saying I had left the car in an unauthorized spot and to be sure to leave it in street parking only next time. I told them I had simply put it back where I found it but I would be more careful next time...they told me it would be a warning and there would be no charge. It is now over a week later and I received an e-mail this morning that they are charging me $440 for the car being towed from that lot. ??? I put the car back where I found it...that was the lesson my momma taught me. After going through a lot of hassle with my credit card company which ultimately led me having to report my credit card as stolen and cancel it in order to avoid further charges, I have canceled my membership with car2go and will not be using them again. I think this whole concept is a great idea, but it seems that they are not really training people on their rules as they should be and then holding the member accountable for their lack of training/information. Obviously, I am not the only one having these issues as the cars I attempted to use and did use were also parked in locations where they were not allowed. If they can ever get it together this might be a great service, but being charged $440 for an hour and a half of using a car is beyond highway robbery. User BEWARE!
Comments United States Car Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Helpful Tips for Keeping You and Your Computer Safe