logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
THE SEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU,Sweepstakes Prize entry Center P.O. BOX 549012- Dallas ,TX 75354-9012
I Have not received my wininning Prize worth $12,000,000.00
deceptive trade

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cape Cod Maine Coons, W.Yarmouth, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - not a breeder

Cape Cod Maine Coons Contacts & Informations

47 Wimbleton Drive
W.Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Phone: 508-862-9980
capecodmainecoons.com
I found a website by the name listed above showing the selling of purebred Maine Coon Kittens. I contacted the woman and reserved an orange & white Maine coon by sending a deposit check to her in the mail. I was told I could meet the kitten at the age of 6 weeks and could bring it home on the 8th week old mark.
On 4/16/11 I was scheduled to meet the kitten and the parents of this kitten, was told by the breeder that she needed to change the address I was to meet her that she was in transition of houses, I found that strange, especially if the kittens and mother were there and she was living elsewhere. I arrived at the new address to find it furnished and looked lived in she proceeds to the bathroom where she had behind closed doors 3 kittens, one of them to be mine. She was kind enough to send me photo upsdates thru e-mail so I knew what he looked like, unfortunatly when she went to hand him to me, he froze, he was very scared & nervous and didn't want to be held, he wanted to run away...one of the other female kittens was dirty and it looked as though it hadn't seen the mother cat for quite some time. When I asked the breeder where is their mother of the kittens was, she said "at my other house" I then asked her the necessary medical questions of the parents and asked for medical documents, she didn't answer me. I realized then what I was holding was a ferral cat, it hadn't been socialized and I wondered if inded she did have the kittens mother...it felt very wrong so I ended my visit and left. My sister was with me and we drove down the street, waited long enough to see her leave the house with the kittens and go back to her original house where we sent the deposit...the house was in real bad shape and I realized she was probably embarrassed by the surroundings, hense the visit to the other house. I called her on her cell phone and asked for an explanation, she said "I will never let you see the kitten's mother I don't let anyone in, I'll send you your deposit back and she hung up on me"
My main concern was the kittens and how ferral they were and wanted the kitten that I had been carrying a photo around for 5 1/2 weeks to be mine, I called her back and told her "I'd take the ktiten now, at least then he may have a chance in life and learn how to be socialized" she hung up on me.
Since then her e-mail address has been disconnected but her website is still working.
I strongly urge anyone looking for a Maine Coon Kitten or any purebread to read a Cat Fancy magazine and look for reputable breeders thru their site, DO NOT buy kittens from this woman! the whole experience was a nightmare and all I can think about is those poor kittens

Cape Cod Maine Coons

Comments United States Cat Breeders
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2011 by   Maine Shag 0 Votes
Very good of you to "follow-thru" on this & confirm your suspicions !

She needs to be stopped... Legitimate & devoted breeders have a way of stopping &/or shutting down people like her.

Am aware that they will network and follow them state-to-state, if necessary, if they attempt to start up again, etc.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   jennifer 73 0 Votes
With all due respect, I feel I have to respond to this text. I recently aquired a kitten from this breeder, a sweet, healthy kitten with an excellent temperment. The 'feral cat' comment is ridiculous. Anyone who has knowledge of kittens knows that at that young age, when handed to a stranger, the kitten's natural instinct is to squirm and get away. Their trust must be earned. This took about 15 minutes with our new friend. As for the mother not being present, I caan understand this, as its easier. To introduce the kitten that way. If someone followed me in their car (spying/stalking), I would definately NOT sell them a kitten. As for the comment about the state of the house, as viewed from the outside only, how rude. Not everyone lives in big, beautiful houses; its none of your business. I found the house where we picked up our kitten to be clean, the breeder professional, and the kitten healthy. Glad the breeder is careful who she sells to.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   jennifer 73 0 Votes
Oh, an addition to the above post..the kittens were placed in the bathroom so they could be easily accessed to show you. much easier than trying to get them out from under the couch, etc.
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   Cat Lover3 0 Votes
sounds to me like the breeder read up on the complaint and is covering all her bases. too bad, too little too late.
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   Cat Lover3 0 Votes
I highly recommend purchasing a copy of the Cat Fancy Magazine and look in the back of the magazine for reputable breeders, I found mine in Maine and am thrilled! Buyer beware, there are people out there like the one in Cape Cod that are NOT reputable.
You do not seperate a kitten at the age of 6 weeks from it's mother.
 16th of Jan, 2012 by   Cape Cod Maine Coon Cats 0 Votes
I am the breeder that this complaint is. Her story is riddled with lies, in fact the only truth in it is that I did let her visit the kitten and I did send her photos
.This is the only person that I have dealt with in the past eight years that has been disgruntled. She was upset because I would not sell her the kitten.
I do not have complaints from people that I do sell kittens to.

The whole incident was very upsetting to myself and one of my sons who was home at the time.
She came to my house with her sister and they were very inappropriate and clearly unstable. They were screaming and mishandling the kittens. At that point I intervened and told her I would not sell her a kitten and would return her deposit. She became extremely agitated and hostile. She left the house screaming and crying and returned a number of times. She threatened my son and told him she was going to the police if I did not let her take the kitten then and there. She went to my accountants house, where I had my checks mailed, and threatened her son. She wrote me many, very nasty e-mails.
I am happy that the kitten did not end up with her. It is extremely important to me that the kittens end up with caring loving families.
I have many many people who I do sell kittens to that are extremely happy and keep in contact with me, sending me pictures and stories about their cats. I have many people who have bought second and third kittens from me. I sell a lot of the kittens through referrals. All of the testimonials on my sight are direct quotes from owners and I have dozens more.
I am a breeder and only sell kittens that I have bred. I take excellent care of my cats and they are well cared for and checked by a vet before they leave for their new homes.
I do not know what else to say. Anyone can post anything on the internet so I can only tell you my side of the story,

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups