canvas corporation

hourly pay and commission

canvas corporation
Los Angeles, California
Phone: 213-596-0312
worked for them for 2 months, never got the schedule I asked for. The pay was unfair and commission based but has dirty shirts for us to wear, heavy lifting over 20 lbs with no support and none offered, had injury to wrist because of it. Given the worst product to sell in the beginning and if you sell it, then you move up to a more popular product. Commission based only but you get 10% of your entire night. No real communication or address for reliable confirmation about business.
Complaint comments Comments (45) Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful?

2nd of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

canvas corporation - commission and hours

Canvas Corporation is a company no one should work for. I worked for them for about 3 months and in the 10 events i did for them, they only paid me for 2 of them and I have to sue them to get the rest of my money because they do not want to pay. They still owe me about $500. Unless you do not want to deal with what i am going through do not work for this wompany.
 18th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
where did ou work for them ? i have had similiar problems.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am going to work for them at the Rose Bowl and it is supposed to be cash paid event.
did you get your cash at cash events?
I think I will only work for cash events!
 30th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I came across this posting and feel its very inaccurate. These guys have been great to me. I work with Canvas Corporation for 2 years and love it. Some days better than others but always made more than my other job as a waiter.
 15th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I would stay FAR FAR away from this company.

I posted a complaint on here and it got removed, allegedly because canvas corporation threatened to sue.

I don't believe a company can legally sue a website owner for content created by people other than the owner of the website. Comments and complaints are created by other users. There is no basis for a law suit. It is an empty threat. Which is typical coming from canvas corporation. Empty threats and empty promises.

I would complain to the venues about this company so eventually they will lose their contracts.

And then maybe they can get a job hustling candy bars in the sun and up and down stadium stairs and then not get paid. Good Riddance.
 4th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hi i will be working for Canvas Corp this weekend. I was wondering is it really a bad scam or what should i expect. How much money will i make on a nights basis on a worst case scenario?
 4th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hi i will be working for Canvas Corp and i was just wondering how the pay works? What do i sell? And if i get paid in form of cash and if i get paid every two weeks or every week?

Is wearing dirty already used shirts true? Please let me know.

14th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
The only way you make a good paycheck is if you work pretty much every event they offer. The only way you can get payed for what they advertise is by selling $1, 000+ of products. If you do decide to work for them try to choose the larger stadiums and events. Make sure YOU(emphasize on the you) count your begging inventory right away so as to avoid any mix ups at the days end like it happened to me. The first day I worked they said I was missing $100 and I would't get paid if they didn't find the rest of the products. After an hour of dispute I left, three calls later they told me that they made a mistake and added an extra pack of sodas to what I sold. If I would of sat quietly they would of gotten away with scamming me out of my paycheck.
 10th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
In the Midwest District the managers are very diligent about making sure you agree with the beginning and ending inventory before any numbers are entered. They launder uniforms between every event, so you always get a clean one. They structure the staffing in a manner so that you have the best chance of making at least $20 an hour...and most average $30-50 an hour between commission plus tips.

They provide schedules weeks in advance, and have a flexible scheduling system, so basically you have to work at least half the shows each month. There are minimum requirements for each type of product that all vendors carry, and it is fair across the board.

You hear from a manager not only the month prior to confirm your schedule, but also a few days before each event just as a reminder. They even put out little pocket schedules for you to keep along with them manager's business card.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Seattle has a scheduler who does not respond to her emails. Her phone # goes straight to vm. The payroll phone # is disconnected. M_flow is correct. you have to sell $1, 000 worth of $4 sodas to make $150 like the Craigslists posting. Realistically you will make $50-75 bucks per NFL game if you hustle. $100-150 per event is bullshit. Small events will be $15-30.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Seattle has a scheduler who does not respond to her emails mmasters@canvascorporation.com. Her phone #917-463-3970 goes straight to vm. The payroll phone # 212-590-2463 is disconnected. M_flow is correct. you have to sell $1, 000 worth of $4 sodas to make $150 like the Craigslists posting. Realistically you will make $50-75 bucks per NFL game if you hustle. $100-150 per event is bullshit. Small events will be $15-30.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
what is the commission pay out. how many percent?
 15th of Dec, 2010 by    -1 Votes
You get 15% from sales plus tips. I am hustler. I am not afraid to scan the crowd and look for a yes or cross sell a customers.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I worked for Canvas Corporation last weekend Jan 1, 2011 I was let known way ahead of time and confirmed more than once. I had no problem reaching the scheduler, she picked right up. When I called the manager he picked right up. Yes you have to hustle. Yes you make actually 10 to 15% depending on what you are selling. If you can find another job than take it. But if you want to make extra money or work every day (since they have jobs EVERY day) and basically work or not work (like if your an actor) then it's a lot of fun, physically a bit rough, but still fun. My first job I made about $120 with tips and I didn't even sell close to 1, 000 so the above is almost correct but not exact. They NEVER told me I would make a certain amount. I say give it a go...if you don't like it then don't do it...but quit complaining :)
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by    -1 Votes
It's coming toward the end of January and I still haven't been paid for anything in December.
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Dirty Shirts is true. So gross
 28th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
my son worked for this loser. they jinxed him out of his 10hour days pay. he just got a check that he had been waiting for more then a month. HELL they should have kept it. It cost us more to follow-up in emails, and phone calls, yeah none of the numbers work. what gets me even more, is that the person he reported to was a retired sargent from our armed forces. Since we continue to look for jobs on craigslist, their ads have all of a sudden dissappeared. i feel sorry for this guy when the 1 disgruntled empolyee gets a hold of him.
 17th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I've worked for Canvas Corp for a few years. I enjoy the job itself, and my manager is pretty cool and organized but they don't control the pay and we don't get paid when we are supposed to . The problem is people complain here but noone goes to the IRS or dept of labor and complains, so nothing happens to the guy that owns the co. sometimes we have had to wait a couple of months or more for our paychecks. the manager tries to help but theres only so much they can do so we just complain and complain unti l we get it. I found out recently that if you INVOICE the guy that owns the company -mark sarnoff- that he has to pay you within the time you put on the invoice or you can take him to small claims court, which he can't send a lawyer to but has to show up in person to fight. it only costs you $20 to file. if he know you are going to do this it might encourage him to start paying people ontime it's worth a try anyway.
 17th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
if anyone is good at business they could always go to the stadium they work for and try to get the contract instead
 25th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes

canvas corporation - Pay etc
Canvas Corporation

Beware, do not work for this company or any entity under Mark Sarnoff. He will lie to your face regarding pay, equipment, staff, and anything else. He does not pay in a reasonable amount of time, or in some instances, at all. He does not follow state or federal laws regarding hiring practices, subcontractor regulations or Department of Labor requirements. If you are new, you will get bumped for someone that's been there longer. He plays favorites. He has had to replace managers and vendors over and over again because of how he treats people. You'll get hired, and then you'll figure out what kind of person he is, and quit. Then he'll hire someone new. DO NOT WORK FOR HIS MAN. If no one agrees to work for him, maybe the arenas will stop giving him jobs. If you have had a bad experience with him, tell the stadium you worked at so they know. He has been fired from multiple stadiums already and it will only benefit good companies that do this kind of work to get rid of him and his company for good.

Contact Us