logo

TimesJobs is a FRAUD COMPANY

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

canvas corporation, Los Angeles, California Complaints & Reviews - hourly pay and commission

canvas corporation Contacts & Informations

none
Los Angeles, California
Phone: 213-596-0312
canvascorporationinc.com
worked for them for 2 months, never got the schedule I asked for. The pay was unfair and commission based but has dirty shirts for us to wear, heavy lifting over 20 lbs with no support and none offered, had injury to wrist because of it. Given the worst product to sell in the beginning and if you sell it, then you move up to a more popular product. Commission based only but you get 10% of your entire night. No real communication or address for reliable confirmation about business.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Apr, 2010 by   dodgerfan90 0 Votes
I came across this posting and feel its very inaccurate. These guys have been great to me. I work with Canvas Corporation for 2 years and love it. Some days better than others but always made more than my other job as a waiter.
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   uasfosw 0 Votes
Hi i will be working for Canvas Corp this weekend. I was wondering is it really a bad scam or what should i expect. How much money will i make on a nights basis on a worst case scenario?
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   uasfosw 0 Votes
Hi i will be working for Canvas Corp and i was just wondering how the pay works? What do i sell? And if i get paid in form of cash and if i get paid every two weeks or every week?

Is wearing dirty already used shirts true? Please let me know.

Thanks
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   M_flow 0 Votes
The only way you make a good paycheck is if you work pretty much every event they offer. The only way you can get payed for what they advertise is by selling $1, 000+ of products. If you do decide to work for them try to choose the larger stadiums and events. Make sure YOU(emphasize on the you) count your begging inventory right away so as to avoid any mix ups at the days end like it happened to me. The first day I worked they said I was missing $100 and I would't get paid if they didn't find the rest of the products. After an hour of dispute I left, three calls later they told me that they made a mistake and added an extra pack of sodas to what I sold. If I would of sat quietly they would of gotten away with scamming me out of my paycheck.
 10th of Sep, 2010 by   hoolahoop 0 Votes
In the Midwest District the managers are very diligent about making sure you agree with the beginning and ending inventory before any numbers are entered. They launder uniforms between every event, so you always get a clean one. They structure the staffing in a manner so that you have the best chance of making at least $20 an hour...and most average $30-50 an hour between commission plus tips.

They provide schedules weeks in advance, and have a flexible scheduling system, so basically you have to work at least half the shows each month. There are minimum requirements for each type of product that all vendors carry, and it is fair across the board.

You hear from a manager not only the month prior to confirm your schedule, but also a few days before each event just as a reminder. They even put out little pocket schedules for you to keep along with them manager's business card.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   Taly1 +1 Votes
Seattle has a scheduler who does not respond to her emails. Her phone # goes straight to vm. The payroll phone # is disconnected. M_flow is correct. you have to sell $1, 000 worth of $4 sodas to make $150 like the Craigslists posting. Realistically you will make $50-75 bucks per NFL game if you hustle. $100-150 per event is bullshit. Small events will be $15-30.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   Taly1 +1 Votes
Seattle has a scheduler who does not respond to her emails mmasters@canvascorporation.com. Her phone #917-463-3970 goes straight to vm. The payroll phone # 212-590-2463 is disconnected. M_flow is correct. you have to sell $1, 000 worth of $4 sodas to make $150 like the Craigslists posting. Realistically you will make $50-75 bucks per NFL game if you hustle. $100-150 per event is bullshit. Small events will be $15-30.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   somesomesome 0 Votes
what is the commission pay out. how many percent?
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   Taly1 -1 Votes
You get 15% from sales plus tips. I am hustler. I am not afraid to scan the crowd and look for a yes or cross sell a customers.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   yourshopgirl 0 Votes
I worked for Canvas Corporation last weekend Jan 1, 2011 I was let known way ahead of time and confirmed more than once. I had no problem reaching the scheduler, she picked right up. When I called the manager he picked right up. Yes you have to hustle. Yes you make actually 10 to 15% depending on what you are selling. If you can find another job than take it. But if you want to make extra money or work every day (since they have jobs EVERY day) and basically work or not work (like if your an actor) then it's a lot of fun, physically a bit rough, but still fun. My first job I made about $120 with tips and I didn't even sell close to 1, 000 so the above is almost correct but not exact. They NEVER told me I would make a certain amount. I say give it a go...if you don't like it then don't do it...but quit complaining :)
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by   furiouso666 -1 Votes
It's coming toward the end of January and I still haven't been paid for anything in December.
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by   furiouso666 -1 Votes
Dirty Shirts is true. So gross
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   IORLAHA 0 Votes
my son worked for this loser. they jinxed him out of his 10hour days pay. he just got a check that he had been waiting for more then a month. HELL they should have kept it. It cost us more to follow-up in emails, and phone calls, yeah none of the numbers work. what gets me even more, is that the person he reported to was a retired sargent from our armed forces. Since we continue to look for jobs on craigslist, their ads have all of a sudden dissappeared. i feel sorry for this guy when the 1 disgruntled empolyee gets a hold of him.
 17th of Apr, 2011 by   GorgeJorge 0 Votes
I've worked for Canvas Corp for a few years. I enjoy the job itself, and my manager is pretty cool and organized but they don't control the pay and we don't get paid when we are supposed to . The problem is people complain here but noone goes to the IRS or dept of labor and complains, so nothing happens to the guy that owns the co. sometimes we have had to wait a couple of months or more for our paychecks. the manager tries to help but theres only so much they can do so we just complain and complain unti l we get it. I found out recently that if you INVOICE the guy that owns the company -mark sarnoff- that he has to pay you within the time you put on the invoice or you can take him to small claims court, which he can't send a lawyer to but has to show up in person to fight. it only costs you $20 to file. if he know you are going to do this it might encourage him to start paying people ontime it's worth a try anyway.
 17th of Apr, 2011 by   GorgeJorge 0 Votes
if anyone is good at business they could always go to the stadium they work for and try to get the contract instead
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   shellysue 0 Votes
It all depends on the manager. The problem is, if you get a good manager, they also aren't getting paid, so they eventually get sick of the situation and quit too.
If you have a pay problem, please report this man to the IRS and Department of Labor.
If you are a subcontractor, it only costs you $20 to file in small claims court to sue him for your pay, and he cannot send a lawyer to wherever you are to fight you, he'll have to spend the money on a plane ticket to show up in perosn.
This man does not care about his vendors or staff and shows no respect to anyone.
 7th of Jul, 2011 by   Stacy Scott 0 Votes
I worked for canvass corporation at the Sprint center in Kansas City Missouri. I worked two shows and have the comission spread sheet showing my sales and comissions but they never paid me. Mark Sarnoff said he would pay me but he didnt . I have called Mary at accountspayable@canvascorporation.com and sent numerous emails but never got any responce.This company is total bullshit and anyone who works for them is at risk of not getting paid. Those who do get paid it is not on a set schedule, the manager I worked for Kristine Descombes is sueing Mark for her pay. You call the sprint center and they don't have anything to do with it. The work is hard but fun but it really sucks when you don't paid.
Stacy Scott
 7th of Oct, 2011 by   RobYankeeFan +2 Votes
I have been working for them in the New York area since I graduated college last may. Sure it's hard to get the job you want these days right after graduating college, so I took whatever I could get, and I feel fine with Canvas Corporation. I haven't found any problems with them yet, and I always get my checks on time. I feel like this-if you don't like your job there is a thing called "quitting" get another one. Stop complaining and just move on. There's nothing wrong with this company at all. I've found them to be honest people!!!
 14th of Oct, 2011 by   k8Ty87 0 Votes
I worked for them in Phoenix for a few events, and I have always gotten a flexible schedule. And, at every event I was a vendor at, A LOT of people bought the products I sold, which were soda, candy and such. And, I received a great commission. I may be a girl, but I was strong enough to carry everything around :) Was a pretty good experience.
 4th of Dec, 2011 by   CollegeGraduate6 0 Votes
I worked for Capnvas Corp at the Prudential Center from last November to This May. I didn;t mid the work, I enjoyed the events, and I was actually rather good at selling the products and had fun. I did OK with tips, not super, and some days were better than others. But they always seemed to be just a little behind on their checks, and some days that I worked I never got paid for at all, including the very first day I worked there. When I stopped working there, I was told that I would get paid all my back pay in a matter of weeks. I sent Mark Sarnoff my reckoning of what I earned, and he said that much of it was wrong, but that he would figure it out and send me a chack soon. This was months ago. REpeated phone calls and e-mail to him, accounts payable, and someone at canvasvending.com have yet to get me any money. So all you folks who lovce this company and have taken the trouble to post comments on multiple complains abou this company (k8Ty87, RobYankeeFan, dodgerfan90, etc), please tell me who to contact to get the money due to me.

Holiday Safety Tips 2009