logo

CanadaVet.com

Posted:    Fred

Liars

CanadaVet.com
Hi, I recently purchase some worm and flea medication from a company called
www.CanadaVet.com . When I receive my medication I noticed that on the vial
that they had sent me a medication that was way past the expiry date. I
phoned up CanadaVet.com and they said that the have government
authorization to sell out of date medication. At this point I was a bit
alarm, but they assured me that it was all okay. So being the fool that I
am I used their medication and next thing I knew my Dog started shivering
and developed a Concussion. He had problem eating and threw up for days. I
brought him to my vet and was told that this company may have sold me
counterfiet medications. I am fell I am ripped off and have placed my pet
in grave danger. Never Buy from this Company (CanadaVet.com) they are
liars.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2009 by   JGraceyStinson 0 Votes
I wouldn't use out of date medications either. I would probably have asked to return them...I also would have reported them, I think.

However, it's doubtful your dog suffered a concussion from medication. A concussion occurs after a blow to the head. Everything I've read indicates medication isn't the cause of a concussion.

Your dog might have been sick because of the medication though, or he might have been sick because you combined medications that shouldn't be. You don't say what you ordered or whether it was prescribed for your dog. You shouldn't give your anything if a vet hasn't prescribed it.

Good information here on safe online pharmacies for vet meds and how to avoid counterfeit medications: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/692323/dangers_of_online_pet_medication_pharmacies_pg2.html?cat=53
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   canadavet.com 0 Votes
I attempted to purchase dog medication from this company, canadavet.com, also. After waiting more than three weeks for their order to arrive, I contacted them. They tried to tell me that the reason I did not receive the medication was because I had neglected to include the word "Avenue" after my street name. This, of course, is absurd and would make no difference in the delivery time. They offered to ship it out again, and when I said I thought they should expedite the order since I had already waited almost a month, they refused altogether.
Just as well, given the complaint above. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. POOR PRODUCTS and WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Probably a scam.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   canadavet.com 0 Votes
I had a similar recent nightmare experience with canadavet.com. Very unsatisfied. Do not order from this company. You will be sorry. Canadavet.com sells out of date medications, the delivery times take FOREVER, and if you complain they don't care. They feel very justified selling out of date medications and making you wait for them. They do not deserve anyone's business.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   Robyne Page 0 Votes
Hello,
I am the Dispatch Manager for CanadaVet.com and wish to advise that we do NOT sell out of date medications. The customers above are confused with the exipration dates that are mandatory as the products are shipped from Australia. In Australia, it is mandatory to have a month and year stamped on the packaging. All our products have at least 12months to 2 years expiration dates on them. For example the Heartgard chewables manufactured by Merial have an expiration date stamped on them showing the month and year NOT the day and month.
Robyne P
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   d0ggy 0 Votes
I have some Heartgard I ordered online from a different Australian site right here, it says "EXPIRY DATE" very clearly. Nice try, scammer.
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   BelleReve 0 Votes
wow. wish I had seen these reviews before ordering. I have been waiting 3 wks and still nothing, I called and they told me they had no idea when the order would arrive. I told them to cancel. No can do. After a month, I'm allowed to ask them to cancel the order which will take an additional 28 days. They do not tell you that everything is shipped from Australia (they should be Australiavet, but no, then we wouldn't order, would we?) MAX rip-off company.
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   cnelson7754 0 Votes
I ordered frontline plus from canadavet.com. It did take about 3 weeks to receive. But if you read about them it does say it can take longer then if you order closer to home. I am not defending them. I did not pay attention to the expiration date, but the product did not work.
There were less fleas for about 4 days, then they were back full blown. And of course you have to wait a month before treating again. I will not buy again. It was a waste of 80.00.
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   Chocaholic 0 Votes
Don't buy expired ANYTHING and feed it to your dog. When a product has expired it means the ingredients in it are too old and will make you (or your dog) sick. Don't ever take anybody's word, if the product is expired.
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   Canada Vet Care is a joke 0 Votes
Bought some Frontline on 2/17/2011, and today is 3/29/2011, still no product or explanation as to why it takes 1.5 months to deliver something. Representative wouldn't honor the agreement in the confirmation email stating that if product wasn't received within 21 business days I would be refunded. Rather, representative decided it better to argue with me over what the actual day count was and that I would be entitled to a refund after 25 business days, even though that completely contradicted what was written in confirmation email. Needless to say, its beyond 25 business days now and still nothing. This company is 100% false and misleading and, as everyone before me has stated on this blog, is absolutely a SCAM! Do not buy anything from this company and tell your friends as well, unless you want to throw some $$$ into the wind as I did. Your better off dealing with a reputable power seller on eBay rather than with this bunch of knuckleheads... But good luck to you if you decide to purchase from them anyway, you'll need it...
 29th of Sep, 2011 by   Joan N. 0 Votes
I have been buying from Canadavet.com for years & have never had a problem. The initial purchase takes longer for some reason. After that my purchases have arrived within 2 weeks. As for Frontline, my vet told me the product does not work, no matter who it is purchased from. I use Comfortis - more expensive, but it works. I have NEVER received anything that has expired. Check to see if you are not looking at the manufacture date. Like I said, I have been using them for 3 years - problem free.
 25th of Oct, 2011 by   Canadavet 0 Votes
Please note, CanadaVet.com is not associated with CanadaVetCare, Canacreek or any other website with a similar name. Unfortunately some websites are pretending to be CanadaVet or telling customers that they are in some way associated with CanadaVet. There are many complaints about these websites failing to deliver or failing to answer emails and phone calls. Please avoid these websites. CanadaVet.com never sells out of date product and always tries to resolve customers problems. If you ever have a concern you can contact info@canadavet.com or call our call centre which is located in Vancouver, BC and open 7 days a week.
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   Tammy Lalonde 0 Votes
Well now that I read this I don't quite feel so bad! I am from Canada and went to order some products for my dog only to find out that they DON'T SHIP TO CANADA!!! I couldn't believe it! So I would have to live in U.S.A. or any other country except Canada to get an order from a Canadian company! The reason I found the site was because I did a Google search for Canada + flea medications and this site came up. So if the stuff is expired then I guess I really wouldn't have wanted it anyway! Try to find a discount on something these days makes it easier for scammers to prey on people!
 25th of Jun, 2012 by   malena7 0 Votes
am so happy i didnt order my product from them after reading all this!!!
 27th of Feb, 2013 by   JazzAzz 0 Votes
I ordered Frontline Plus for my Jack Russell and am very satisfied. Have always used Frontline Plus, except for a short time I bought the generic (Same ingredient) as Frontline, from either Target or WalMart, but not sure the SAME AS Generic, works as well. My Vet sells it but for way more, and it has always worked well, important since our little guy sleeps between us. And the stuff I bought from this site has a good expire date of 6/2014, so recently just ordered a 12 month supply of Heartguard 30s. Got 12 months for not much more than 6 months would cost me at the Vets, and I'm sure I'll be just as satisfied. Buying Heartguard from an online U.S. merchant like petmeds.com, they require a prescription or a verification from your dogs Vet that the dog is current on the heartworm blood test. And why would a Vet cooperate doing that>>LOL. For some reason this Canadian site does not, and that was a PLUS to me, since I stay current on his meds and tests.
 3rd of Mar, 2013 by   JazzAzz 0 Votes
I'm the owner of the above Jack Russel and received my heartguard 30 order today well within the estimated delivery time. My only concern, even though it has a great date of into 2015, the product is shown as being made by, "Merial, " in the U.s, but was shipped from Singapore of all places. This does give me some pause about genuineness. I just hope it is not counterfeit. They have assured me that it is not.
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   jaynad 0 Votes
Ordered flea meds from the website that makes every effort to look like they are based in Canada. Certainly they say NOTHING about being based in Australia. Consequently it is 30 days later and still no delivery.

In summary - they are entirely misleading in their approach (if not outright LIARS) and should be avoided.
I recommend that you not order from Canadavet.com
 3rd of Oct, 2013 by   SaHann 0 Votes
There seems to be a lot of concern about the expiration dates. Solid products last much longer than most expiration dates. If a product has expired by 6 months, what do you think happens? Do you think it just metabolizes to another material? It should retain a high percentage of potency. We Americans throw away way too many medications because of arbitrary expiration dates. I am most concerned that the Canadavet products are actually the right chemicals...
 17th of Dec, 2013 by   Suziesolo 0 Votes
I've ordered from them before and haven't had a problem. The items I've ordered need a script in the US. They work around this by having it shipped from Australia and other countries. Sometimes it take forever for this roumd-robin delivery system to get the tiem delivered (6 weeks). They have a decient rating from the Canadian Better Business Bureau.
 30th of May, 2014 by   pett 0 Votes
I ordered 2 weeks ago, it arrived and does not expire until 2016.
Worked out fine for me.
 17th of Sep, 2014 by   B Boop 0 Votes
I ordered Advantage for my cats from Canadavet.com on August 30th/14, today is Sept. 17/14 and still have not received. I assumed I was ordering from Canada, but became suspicious when the confirmation of my payment came from Worldpay card and was charged on my credit card in US dollars. I have gone back to my confirmation and have noted that it is being shipped from Australia. Had I known all this I probably would not have ordered from Canadavet.com. I am not sure after reviewing all the reviews if I should use the product even if I do receive the product. I have not tried to cancel as after reading reviews that sounds impossible.

Beware Oil Change Coupons