logo

PTC/PTR Scam Sites List
Beware!
3. (9 mins ago)
Fallas Parades
Worst place to work for!
4. (17 mins ago)

Posted:    Darsha

Change

Brie
Matthews, North Carolina
I have been smoking Camel Menthol forever now and they now have the menthol ball in the filter when they are ALREADY menthol, this has changed the taste completely and I'm highly HIGHLY irritated about it!!! It doesnt taste right, its a complete change, and no one was told, and it just appeared, it should be an option not a MUST.
Comments United States Tobacco Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2009 by   Bridgette Channell +1 Votes
I feel the same way no one was ever told its complete crap...it has totally changed the taste ---- guess its time to change brands!
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   pissed in colorado +1 Votes
fuckin bullshit, i want my old camel menthol. if this is permenant ill stop buyin camel all together. the stupid crush ball, even without crushin it tastes like crap.the damn cigs kill you anyways, my choice what taste i die to.good luck actually gettin a hold of the company directly, cause you cant. i hope some big dick exec. reads this an changes it back... R.J. YOU FUCKED UP ROYALY
 25th of Aug, 2009 by   monotony +1 Votes
i am so outraged by this shit, i dont know if the wides will also have this in them but right now all shops have replaced camel menthols with the bullshit MENTHOL CAPSULES. now i gotta smoke menthol wides just to have a close taste to the original camel menthols. they taste like a camel menthol light now and then when you crush it it tastes like a camel crush x2 which is horrible why did they have to ruin my favorite and only preferred cigarette blend!? this almost makes me want to quit smoking altogether. i wonder if that was intended cause it kind of seems that way, how could they think the "menthol capsules" would be a good decision. i've gotten sick from smoking camel crush's for weeks straight. The capsules inside are even worse for your health it seems.

now im going to have to settle for camel frost or something cause im definitely done with camel menthols, i hope the camel menthol wides still remain "capsule-less" so i can at least have something close to the delectable taste of the origional camel menthol's, ill be keeping my fingers crossed.

RIP CAMEL MENTHOL, FOREVER LOVED, ALWAYS CHERISHED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   mysticbaby +2 Votes
OMG I am SO pissed too! I tried complaining to the company directly but not luck. The don't even taste like menthol if you don't crush it and if you do you feel like you just sucked on 5 cough drops. GIVE ME BACK MY CAMEL MENTHOLS!!! RJ ASSHOLES
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   WineNcomplain +1 Votes
I just discoverd this today when I purchased a carton. and guess what? no returns on a $40.00 carton!
I complained to the company, they took a note of it.(1-877-265-1913) But they told me the change is probebly here to stay as it was a "big business deal" the guy said. I just don't like even the idea knowing that there is some gimmiky thing within a filter. it makes me think that the tabacco companies are up to an evil scheme to make ciggs even more addictive than they allready are or something lol. I noticed a slight differance in the taste, but when you crush it WOW!!! WAYYYYY TOOOOO MINTY for my taste.I tried Camel crush when it came out, I didnt like it. but the idea was nice. I'm sure some people might like being able to go to regular/crush the ball and get menthol, but why would you add menthol to menthol!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!? If I wanted Camel crush, I would buy Camel Crush, but those crushable ball thingies should not be in "REGULAR"-MENTHOL"!!! I am not happy with this what so ever. I guess I finally need to get my butt an electronic cigg and finally try to quite smoking =( R.I.P Camel Menthol.
 6th of Sep, 2009 by   HotinVAUS 0 Votes
I don't smoke Camel Menthol, but I do smoke Camel Lights, when they changed the packaging from the oh so familiar tannish, brownish, to the blue and white, the taste changed to. Some stores were still selling the old packs to get rid of them and I would buy all I could, mentioning that the new ones taseted different, and of course they would look at me like I was crazy. The old Camel lights never gave me a headache, but with the new ones, I have a headache at least 2x a week. What's up!
 6th of Sep, 2009 by   MTN Joe +2 Votes
I have to agree with the complaints about the crush. I've enjoyed Full Flavor Menthols for many many years and had no intention of quiting. I've tried quite a few others over the years but nothing else had a taste even close. The Wides are hard to find in my area and at 60.00 a carton smokes are a dying luxury. I think there was a very large gap in the idea of what we smokers want and will pay good money for and what the execs think the public will buy. Too bad for the company!
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   pissedinNC +2 Votes
I'm so pissed as well. Not only the taste changed, but then you realize when you don't get enough menthol, you forgot to crush the stupid ball, then booooom.. way too much instead. And on top of that, if you're not constantly puffin' on 'em, THEY GO OUT!!! and when u're almost done, the hot amber falls off!!! WTF!!!
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   pissedinNC +1 Votes
And, obviously, not to mention the fact that you have to crush the damm filter on every cig that you smoke! Hate them!!!
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   Camel Cigarettes 0 Votes
Camel Menthol Wides will not have the capsule. Just letting you guys know.
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   MaupComplains 0 Votes
I have smoked Camel Menthols for years. I even converted many Marlboro Menthol smokers. I tried a Crush when they first came out and I felt like I had eaten a tub of Vick's Vapor Rub. Disgusting!!! Then they change my FAVORITE cigarette to a stupid capsule. OUTRAGEOUS!!! The worst part about it is once you've clicked the capsule and smoked the ULTRA HIGH POWERED MENTHOL it makes regular menthols then taste like regular cigarettes. I am so mad! Nothing comes close and they are certainly dumbasses.
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   i hate rj reynolds 0 Votes
i had to switch to kool menthals and it's just not the same! i hate camels now...
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   yardieguhl 0 Votes
It seems like many cigarettes have changed flavor. I used to smoke Marlboro Lights, but can not bare them now that they had to change to fire-safe cigarettes. The POS things don't go out in the ashtray, only when you are smoking one if you don't puff every second!

Where I live, in Phoenix, we still have the regular Camel menthols. Its only the Camel Crush brand here that have the bead and I find they are way too strong if you break the bead at the start, not to mention it is kind of hard to crush. I just wish Newports would come down a little in price since they were my favorite before it hit $8 a pack.
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   yardieguhl 0 Votes
I forgot to add to my last post = We will probably be getting these new menthols soon. Seems like we are the last to get everything, since my uncle living on the east coast was getting the fire safe cigarettes years ago. He bought a couple cartons here to take back with them because he hated them too.
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   missashw2es -1 Votes
i am so glad other people are pissed too!! my boyfriend and i switched to camel menthols to get away from newports. i loooved my newports but i grew so used to the taste of the camel menthol regulars that i quit cravin a newport and let it go. now they came out with this CRAP! i tried to complain on the website and couldnt find a link.( gotta love that) so now ive seen someone posted to corp # so ill def be calling soon. btw, the damn cherry just fell off on my laptop a few min ago so i got pissed enough to look up complaints on it. it's even more wonderful (other than the horrible listerine taste) that they go out every 20 seconds. i HATE these cigarettes. So pissed.

RJ you're RETARDED! thank you for SELLING OUT! btw THIS is a picture of what were 'popping' to create that ice in your lungs, altoid taste!!!
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   leowoman74 -1 Votes
I agree...the old ones were better and I heard the capsule can actually cause your lungs to collapse! has anyone else heard about this???????
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   Jon4life 0 Votes
I saw on the back of my friends pack of Camel Menthols it said "NEW CAPSULE MENTHOL COMING SOON." I was like what the fuck? They already have a crush filter menthol cigarette, we don't need another one!
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   Fire.nice 0 Votes
I too am absolutely pissed about this "new" capsule. I used to love my camel menthols, now I hate them. Not only do they taste different but they go out if your not constantly sucking on them. I drive around to many stores just looking for that last lonely pack without the capsules. I think I have bought all of them in Daytona Beach. I will be looking for a new brand. Thank You R J Reynolds for nothing
 25th of Dec, 2009 by   D.S.Burns 0 Votes
FIRST: EVEN TOBACCO companies don't add new features or blends to their products until survays show that 89%-95% of current patriots approve it!

If you don't like the menthol capsule, you have three(3) options to avoid the extra menthol taste:

Option one(1) (and the most obvious) is to use commen sense: Don't "click" or "crush" the capsule.

Option 2: Smoke Camel WIDE Menthol because there is no added capsule in the filter. Mind you, the wides don't tast quite the same, but you're still getting 5% more tobacco even though the cigarettes are slightly shorter.

Option 3: Change to Salem, which are manufactured by the same company and very similar in taste.

The problem I had with Camels was the new and "IMPROVED" blend, which was, unfortunately NOT an improvement in taste, but a slightly lower grade tobacco designed to lower the rising cost of the Camel brand when all tobacco product prices were on the rise.

I now smoke Pall Mall Menthol, due to the extremely lower price. The taste is far from that of Camel, but (to me) well worth the transition in today's econimy. As with anything, what could be an aquired taste is just that - aquired after some time.

But, when I do get coupons ($2.00 off per pack all Camel styles) -excluding non-filter and Kamel Reds, it makes the price of Camels much cheaper than the cheapest (that are tolerable anyway).

And, IN MY OPINION, the menthol capsule is a vast improvement in taste!

These menthol capsules are NOT harmul (no more harmful that a "cough drop").

They can even clear sinus congestion very effectively!

If you don't like them, don't activate the menthol capsule, or find a new brand!

I hated it when they changed the Camel Menthol blend that i LOVED FOR YEAR, but I love the menthol capsules... A menthol cigarette with a built in cough drop - WOOHOO!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop whining, stop clicking the capsule that you hate, or find a new brand.
Obviously, more people like the change than don't, otherwise they would have remanufactured them by now.

And, hey: If they added the capsule to Camel Menthol WIDES, I'd go back to those in a heartbeat.

These complaints are a lot like complaints years ago about anti-lock breaks.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE A FEATURE, TURN IT OFF!

--HOW IS AN ADDED "cough suppressant" going to hurt a smoker anyway?!?! LOL

I can't believe what I just read! You can taste the added menthol without crushing the capsule?!?! =absurd and IMPOSSIBLE!!!
BEFORE making the change, 5, 000 people were interviewed about the new taste...
95% agreed that the change was great. I doubt they're going to remove an added feature that has actually raised sales by 46% so far. BUT, it IS possible that in the near future, our precious Camel Menthol could offer both versions!

Look forward to new blends, both in cigarettes and Camel Snuss from R.J.R.

Thank you, and god bless!
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

RJ PR- D.S. Burns
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   gtree088 0 Votes
...Im just curious/lost as to why you guys just don't crush the filter, it tastes like the old one. Its not complicated, just don't crush it?? Although personally the extra menthol tastes amazing.

And if you guys live near smaller towns, the older gas stations will have the old camel menthols. That is just what I have noticed.

Scam Artists Preying On Trusting Elderly