logo

Movielush
Hacked my bank account!
4. (18 mins ago)
tn lottery
cheating player out of thier money
5. (28 mins ago)
Dr Michael gray
Great work

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Calibamboo, San Diego, California Complaints & Reviews - Inferior Product and Awful Shipping

Calibamboo Contacts & Informations

Calibamboo

Posted:    MoxieNYC

Inferior Product and Awful Shipping

Calibamboo
San Diego, California
calibamboo.com
Decision to purchase was based upon CaliBamboo's claims that their hardwood had a 2000 Janka hardness rating. We purchased approximately 2000 square feet covering three large rooms and a staircase.

What has arrived (partial shipment stretching six ridiculous months now) looks terrific. I don't know about the durability yet since we have yet to set foot in our addition stemming from delivery issues.

The product was ordered about six months ago...paid for upfront I might add. The bulk of the materials were delivered within a reasonable time frame, but no one bothered to contact me or the general contractor to notify us of the short shipment (mistake 1). When contacted, they notified us that they would be receiving the missing items from China in a few weeks and that we would be expedited to receive items soon thereafter. The weeks came and went and no contact to either me or GC again (mistake 2). Turns out the shipment from China arrived in SoCal and did not pass QA (which I really appreciate having read other reviews, but shouldn't QA happen before the expense and time of shipping?????). The revised delivery to me was an additional eight to 10 weeks (mistake 3 perhaps). When I was told this, I went thermonuclear...this is/was not acceptable in any way as this severely impacted my schedule and budget. By ordering from these clowns, I added an additional expense of ~$4500...not immaterial when considering that represents about 40 - 50% of my original order. We are coming up to the deadline for when it's supposed to be delivered...and I'm betting that not only will it not arrive on time, but that they won't notify me (so I'll call of course), they won't apologize and they won't offer any discount.

Think I may contact Amex and dispute the charge.

I think that they should stay out of the sun and surf and get some business savvy.

Update: Just called and apparently I refused UPS delivery on June 17th. I am starting to believe in wormholes since apparently I keep doing bad things in this alternate universe. What a jackass I was to refuse the delivery...did the other "me" know that I needed the delivery. Seriously, WTF? Why would I refuse a delivery?
I'll update again soon.

Update: Customer service rep said that they would re-ship a different order and when the original order that was "refused" ultimately turns up, to refuse it.

Update: Missing material finally arrived. Contractor showed me that the underside of the bullnose of the stair tread is unfinished still. In order to finally complete my project and wash my hands of this awful company, I'm having the treads reworked locally.
Comments United States Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Sep, 2010 by   Calibam-bogus 0 Votes
My experience with Cali Bamboo was the same. I was repeatedly lied to regarding the shipping and delivery dates of my flooring order. Over the span of nearly five months, I was told that my order had been shipped, but was lost - the lost shipment was recovered, but was damaged beyond use - a new order would be sent as soon as new inventory arrived (they were out of stock?) and that was pushed back repeatedly due to delayed shipping from China and QC issues. I finally had enough lies and I demanded my refund (I had paid in full). I spent another two weeks waiting for my full refund, which only came after threats of legal action. This company is bogus. I agree with the previous poster: Cali Bamboo is run by a bunch of deceiving clowns. If you are considering buying from this company, save yourself a mountain of grief and go elsewhere.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   duped3 0 Votes
Calli is a disreputable company that uses a hard sell to suck you in and doesn't stand behind their products after the sale. LISTEN TO THE WARNINGS! I should have. This is a direct quote from their customer service rep: "If we had to honor all our customer complaints, we'd go out of business." !!! My local supplier (Eco-Friendly Flooring, Madison, Wisconsin) said, "If any customer was that unhappy with my product and was willing to pay the shipping to return it, I'd give them a full refund. " And Yanchi from Build Direct - is so confident of their product they will give a full refund if returned in 30 days AND they'll pay the shipping. Wish I'd known how little confidence Calli has in their product before I gave them my money. My story: I really wanted a floating floor so I could use a 6mm cork acoustic layer under. I also wanted a solid hardwood and liked the look and feel of strand-woven bamboo. My local supplier, Eco-Friendly Flooring, is trustworthy & has years of rave reviews from local residential & business customers. But she was out of their solid, click-lock, floating floors & I was just so stuck on the idea. So I bought Calli's - letting myself be sucked in by their hard sell. The stuff comes and is basically standard, tongue&groove boards - slightly thicker, but in no way "engineered to be floating floors." The boards have the slight warping typical of hardwoods. So when glued together, there'd be significant cracks. That's when I got into a back & forth with the service rep who said "all sales are final" and "If we had to honor all our customer complaints, we'd go out of business." My contractor called in a friend of his, a flooring expert with more experience using bamboo, who said he'd go ahead with the glued floating floor. So I did it. It looked great at first - despite many cracks due to the warping, but no more than one would get with any nailed down hardwood floor (where such cracks are the norm). The problem is that the installation didn't hold up. The glue bonds simply could not hold. The warping in the boards made a good glue bond along the length and ends of each impossible to achieve. Some boards rock from side-to-side as if they were floating in an ocean of molasses. Others have ends that press down. The whole thing is a royal mess. Maybe these boards can be floated in small spaces over a super subfloor with no underlayment, but they CAN NOT be used as Calli sold them to me to be used. Calli even sold me the underlayment - and certainly knew the area of floor I was covering, AND I talked to them at length about all that plus our climate issues (very dry winters & humid summers). "They are made for that kind of installation" "I have the exact same thing in my condo" "Our bamboo have been used in your region many times" and on and on went their sell. So they knew exactly what they were selling me. DON"T LET YOURSELF BE SUCKED IN. Go with a supplier that takes returns. That is a supplier that trusts their product. Calli has no faith in their stuff so why should you?
 17th of Oct, 2011 by   JSellner 0 Votes
I am a pretty smart person, and I checked reviews before ordering. But I did it anyway!! They really do market their product well, but once they get your money, you will never get help from them again. I thought if I paid attention to detail, I wouldn't have problems, but Cali screwed up and I discovered the anti-Christ of customer service. They will tell you exactly what you want to hear and never, ever follow through. They set deadlines for themselves that they couldn't even keep, and after I finally reached somebody after weeks of trying, I told her that as a customer service department, they should at least have the courtesy and respect to call me and let me know what's going on. She was so sympathetic and totally agreed - and I never heard from them again. They are LIARS!!!
 19th of Oct, 2011 by   888luck 0 Votes
thanks - I think I'll pass on purchasing flooring from these people.
 27th of Jun, 2012 by   flor prof 0 Votes
they will never warranty product, always some other issue installed incorrectly, environmental or improper care is always their answer they truly don't care
 19th of Mar, 2014 by   Ragin' Cajun 0 Votes
Agree wholeheartedly! Once they make the sale, I can see them laugh all the way to the bank not caring whole they suckered! Of course you have to pay up front. Add an unfortunate sucker to your list, Cali.
 27th of Mar, 2014 by   Naive Customer 0 Votes
My situation is exactly the same. If I didn't know better all of you wrote parts of my experience. It has taken well over 5 weeks to obtain a refund. Given the delivery of the product went terribly (dates kept pushing out) I cancelled the entire order. Now my struggle is getting a refund. Fortunately my bank is involved hopefully this nightmare will be over soon!
 29th of Mar, 2014 by   scottieb0623 0 Votes
I did not have any of the issues that others have had. They did get here on time, no delivery issues. My only issues was the installers, which had nothing to do with Cali. I think they just were not really professional installers. I got the natural fossilized click lock flooring. Quite heavy, very solid. Tough as nails. One commentor made a mistake on the hardness rating - Cali's site says it's 5k+ - twice as hard as what I found at HD, Lowe's, Lumber Liquidators.

5 Tips for Your 2009 Tax Return