logo

H&r Block
emerald advance
2. (27 mins ago)
californianscent.com
I heard only promises, but this scammer didn’t provide my order
3. (32 mins ago)
Steal people's money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

BuyOwner.com Complaints & Reviews - Realty scam!

BuyOwner.com Contacts & Informations

BuyOwner.com

Posted:    kboyett

Realty scam!

The salesperson from Buyowner.com in Chicago came to our house and specifically told us that if our house was priced right, people would VIEW our home on the website and of those views 2% would call or email us regarding our home. The salesperson promised that our house would sell based on a comparative market analysis. He convinced us that the best way for us to sell our home would be to purchase the $4000.00 plan and pay it over time on our credit card. I asked him several times, how successful is buyowner and he assured me my house would sell. My house is properly priced. I did heavy research on this before establishing a listing price. It has been 5 weeks, with 330 views and one call. I have read other complaints on my3cents.com. They have experienced the same issues as I have. Buyowner.com basically falsely advertised. They had promised me that I would save a lot of money in commission if I went with them and assured me that my house would sell at a reasonable price. When I called to ask for my money back, they refused and weren't effected by the false statements the salesperson made. I ended up LOSING the $4000 because my house never sold. The neighbors across the street also lost a significant amount of money because their house didn't sell through Buyowner.com either. They need to be stopped.
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2007 by   Raccor 0 Votes
BuyOwner is full of crap to say the least. Their over priced listing and advertisement is garbage. You pretty much can do what they do yourself. All they do is take your money with false promises and deliver absolutely nothing. They should have a mass lawsuit against them for theft by deception. All they do is play mind games. They have someone just siting in their office clicking a counter in their system to act as if you've had numerous hits on your property when in reality you've had none. BuyOwner is 100% crock of BullSh&T!!!
 23rd of Feb, 2007 by   Daniel Scotti 0 Votes
My law firm is prosecuting a class action lawsuit against Buy Owner, Inc. (buyowner.com) for the Company's alleged deceptive and unfair trade practices. The lawsuit has been brought on behalf of customers of Buy Owner, Inc. As part of our factual investigation in connection with that litigation, we are interested in speaking with current and former customers of Buy Owner. If you've purchased the services of Buy Owner and are available to speak for a few minutes about your experiences with the Company, please call me toll free at 800-952-8897. You can also contact me via email at classlaw@dreierllp.com.

Thank you.

Daniel B. Scotti
 10th of Apr, 2007 by   unhappyclient 0 Votes
BuyOwner.com is a scam!!! Run! Throw the salesman out of your house by his shirt coat.
 24th of Apr, 2007 by   Dirk Nielsen 0 Votes
KBoyett is precisely right in describing the BuyOwner experience. I too was one of the many ex-BuyOwner consumers duped into their deceptive sales tactics. Our story is posted at Our story is posted on:

A BuyOwner staffer under the pseudonym R.E.Solutions and Brandon Baker (President, Dallas) [probably one and the same] has been posting rebuttals to the now dozens of complaints piling up on the Internet about BuyOwner.

Don't buy into them. You are better off with an inexpensive flat-rate MLS listing service.

Dirk
 26th of Apr, 2007 by   Disgruntal_BuyOwner.com_Custom 0 Votes
Been deceived by BuyOwner.com: Don't forget to kick the salesman in the butt on the way out the door!

This company is a scam. Any company worth their sale wouldn't take your money up front. Where is the incentive to sell your home? There isn't any. This folks are vermons of the worst kind.
 26th of Apr, 2007 by   Nina 0 Votes
Buy Owner is the shadiest, most unscrupulous company that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my entire life. They will take your money upfront, and will never sell your house. They lie, cheat, and steal. All of that advertising they claim to do is completely misleading. In fact, it is only directed at you the seller. THEY DO NOT TARGET BUYERS AT ALL. The people who troll their website, are mainly all of the sellers checking on their, and other people's properties to see the completion, and realtors who want to list your property. It is definitely a SCAM. Everyone is right when they say," Run away from them!" They need to be put out of business. It is a fraudulent company, and they're the only ones making a profit, like in a giant pyramid scheme. It's as if the whole website profile thing, is just incidental. It's merely an excuse for them to take your money. The only problem, is that what they're selling is bogus. It truly does not work!!! Please do not repeat the mistakes of people on this site. For the love of everything good in this world, DO NOT USE BUY OWNER!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY. INVEST IT. BUY A GIFT FOR SOMEONE. HELP OUT YOUR PARENTS. GIVE TO THE POOR, A HOSPITAL, NEEDY CHILDREN, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, BURN IT... JUST PLEASE DO ANYTHING BESIDES GIVING YOUR MONEY TO THESE THIEVES.
 5th of Jul, 2007 by   Nancy A. Donahue 0 Votes
Buy Owner should be put out of business! There should be a class action suit against this "only for profit" cheat business.
 27th of Jan, 2009 by   Andrew Curry 0 Votes
Andrew Curry
Every one should be aware that when you sign up for the Buy Owner service you have to pay IN FULL up front. You may be paying through a finance company so you can pay over time but Buy Owner is paid in fill. So even if you dont sell your house through there service they are paid. There is no incentive for them to help you sell your house because they have your money. Can you imagine paying your contractor up front to build your house? I think not . The sales representitives are very slick and they will tell you anything to get you to sign up . For example there is a "small " monthly payment due . Be sure to find out exactly what that amount is. Also ask for documentation to support there claims . You will find that they cannot provide documentation. Do your self a favor and dont get involved with this company . Unscrupulous would be a compliment.

College Education for $1,000 a Year Only