Posted:

Total Scammers

New York
buyherephoto.com
This company is a bait and switch scam!! This company...or perhaps it is only two individuals, who knows! I purchased a Nikon 55-300 lens online for $259.00 and about an hour later received a phone call from them. The representative was supposedly confirming my credit card 3 digit security...but in reality wanted to up-sell me to a different lense. He told me the lense I was purchasing would be cropping my pictures due to the type of lense and my particular camera...he so happenly had a better lense ON SPECIAL TODAY ONLY for only $299 complete with a FREE $49 hood for the lens. I agreed and ended the call. It suddenly occured to me that I did not confirm that I was still getting a Nikkor Lens, so I called right back (less than 2 minutes later). The same representative, Alex, went on for several minutes on how great this lens was and that it was brand new just released today and not available to the public yet...to which I replied "so, the answer to my question is NO, it is NOT a Nikkor Lens, Right!" He tells me No, it is a Sigma lens but it is far superior and I won't be disappointed, he has been a photographer for um-teen years, blah blah blah...and this lens retails for $499. I get home and immediately research this Sigma lense and can find nothing but lenses retailing less than $200. I call back to cancel, and was very mad at how I allowed myself to be tricked into switching to a different lens. When I called back, I said "Hi Alex, this is Michelle again" and he tells me he is not Alex! So this guy who answered Alex's extention is NOT Alex, and guess what...Alex is gone for the day - in fact everyone is gone for the day...this guy who sounds exactly like Alex and who answered Alex's extension is the Answering service downstairs (yea...probably in the kitchen) and tells me the business is closed for the day, although the hours listed on the website and the email I received stated they still should have been open. I told the NON-Alex, that I knew it was him and that I wanted the order for the new lens cancelled and I wanted the original lens that I ordered. The next morning I called, and opted to not go strait to Alex or Non-Alex and went to "customer service" which a female answered. She ended up telling me she showed my order as "cancelled" - well how did that happen? She didn't know, but it showed as cancelled...Hmmmm...then asks me to hold on and ends up transfering me to Alex - or Non-Alex - or her husband sitting on the couch next to her! This is a scam...don't do business with them...buyer be warned!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Digital Cameras
Was the above complaint useful?
More Buyherephoto.com Complaints & Reviews
Buyherephoto.com - scam

Comments

26th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes

Buyherephoto.com - They took all the information on your credit card including the 3 digit code
buyherephoto.com

They took all the information on your credit card including the 3 digit code and after two days they call and tell you that the product is back order and will take 3 to 4 MONTHS. When asked about this the representative says that they don't need my business and that is why they are canceling it. I think it was a way to get the credit card information.
 3rd of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
they approve order give you comfimation number, , , , but then they ask you to call because the item is out of stock
they offer a similar item but they ship you a cheaper item... what a way to take your money...
PLEASE DONT BUY FORM THEM...DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY
 3rd of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
THATS ..EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID TO ME...
i place an order which they said was out of stock offer me a similar item but they send me a 200 dollar cheaper
item...