logo

Plus500
Fraud-money stolen
2. (11 mins ago)
Black Boat Hairs
very bad and untrustable company
3. (15 mins ago)
Safestyle UK
Totally unprofessional
4. (21 mins ago)
Benze Vacation Club
False Commitment and Membership
5. (25 mins ago)
RoidsMall
Ripped Me Off, Only sent 1/2 of my order.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Angela Stout

3 day cancellation not honored

Buy Low Auctions.com
buylowauctions.com
I agreed to try this with 3 days to cancel beginning 6/10/09. I cancelled online 6/11/09 and tried to call. They are not accepting calls today (Saturday). I have been charged for the next months agreement.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2010 by   MICHELLEDUSTI 0 Votes
I recently went onto buylowauction.com as well. I ordered the 3 day trial pack too and as i was reading through the terms and conditions it stated that if you buy the trial over the weekend that you had to wait till monday morning at 8am -7pm to cancel the membership. Which is what i did and the women gave me a confirmation number and her name.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   MICHELLEDUSTI 0 Votes
I recently went onto buylowauction.com as well. I ordered the 3 day trial pack too. As i was reading through the terms and conditions it stated that if you buy the trial over the weekend that you had to wait till Monday between the times of 8am and 7pm to cancel your membership, which is what i did. I spoke to a women she gave me a confirmation number and her name. I literally just did this she said my bank would not be charged the 49.95 month member charge and that i could still visit the site. In the days to come i will know for sure if i get charged the monthly fee, but this site seems to be on the up and up. Time will tell.
 7th of Mar, 2010 by   jaythomas 0 Votes
i was thinking about trying out this website..just the trial version thing. is it a scam or not? i mean can u really get this good of stuff for that cheap? or is it a scam?
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   Jimbo666 0 Votes
BuyLow Auctions has an 800 number, email and a physical address. If you sign up for a trial you have to call or email to cancel. (There is no way to cancel online, nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say that.) If you do cancel, you will not be charged a monthly fee. Bid credits are not refundable, but they do not expire and can be used at anytime. Logging into your account or using bid credits does not in any way cost a thing.
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   JacqulineG 0 Votes
I purchased the 3 day trial on Saturday. A gentleman called to confirm the order with me via my cell phone on Monday. I declined to confirm the membership. At that time I explained that the service was not working properly and that I was unable to place a second bid once the first bid failed to be a winning bid. This was literally two clicks on this site. I had even excepted the additional bid credits for $1.99, which obviously, I was unable to use. The counter at the top of the site showed the credit used but I received a notice that stated that I could not have two winning bids at one time! Ha, the first bid was not even a winning bid. So, immediately it seemed "a little fishy" to say the least. All of this I explained to the representative that tried to get me to confirm my membership. He then proceded to tell me that it must have been a "GLITCH" in the system and that I should be able to use it in a couple of days. He also gave me a seperate/different number to call to cancel. Now even though the system never worked properly and I declined to confirm the order, my card was charged an additional $49.82, simply because I did not call another rep from their company in a different department to cancel. So I contacted this additional number on Wednesday, as I was in court all day on Tuesday via subpoena. As I know it, "a couple days" is at least two, so I was within the terms set forth by the rep that contacted me. Low and behold, what that rep said held no weight and I was only offered a 50% refund even though the site never worked for me. I was only given this refund with my agreement NOT TO CALL THE BBB!!! That my friends says it all. I agreed not to "CALL" the BBB. So out of $56.76, I received a credit of $24.91. Their justification is that "you agreed to the terms online, period". Oh and as a side note, they stated that they have never lost a dispute via the BBB and you will not get any refund at all if you call or state you will call the BBB. Sounds funny, huh? So Im not calling the BBB, but someone else should and I will find every other way possible to let people know this expensive & devious lesson.
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   JacqulineG 0 Votes
You literally have to say, I will not call the BBB to get the refund too, on the phone call. I surmise that they are recording you every time you call so be careful what you say and get a confirmation # for everything and rep id #'s if possible. Although the id numbers I was given did not seem realistic.
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   MENSTOWN54 0 Votes
hELLO..MY NAME IS WILLIAM AND I`D HAD CALLED TO OPT-OUT OF THIS AUCTION AND TRY TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP AS WELL.SEEMS THAT THEY SAY ONE THING AND DO ANOTHER, IF THEY WANT PEOPLE TO JOIN THIRE SITE THEN THEY ALSO NEED TO STAND BEHIND THEIR TERMS.I EVEN TRYED TO OPT OUT USEING THIRE OWN OPT OUT PLACE ON THIRE OWN SITE.BUT TO NO ADVAIL THIS DIDN1T EVEN DO IT.PLUS I WANTED THE MEMBERSHIP FEE RETURNED TO MY ACOUNT AS WELL.BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO! HOW CAN THEY EXPECT FOR PEOPLE TO REFER THIRE SITE TO OTHER`S?
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   MENSTOWN54 0 Votes
PLEASE ...IF YOUR SITE IS IN GOOD STANDING AND I REFER YOUR SITE TO OTHER`S THEN WHY WON`T YOU REFUND THE MEMBERSHIP FEE THAT I GAVE BACK TO MY ACCOUNT UNTIL I GET THINGS STRAIGHTEN BACK AROUND? I`D ALREADY SAID THAT I WOULD JOIN BACK UP AFTER THIS WRE RIGHT ONCE MORE.BUY THIS DOESENT SEEM TO BE GOOD ENOUGH, HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOUR SITE EXPECT TO BE REFERED TO OTHERS IF YOU DON`T EVEN STAND BEHIND YOUR OWN AGREEMENT? STAND BEHIND YOUR OWN TERMS, STAND BEHIND THE PEOPLE LIE MYSELF THAT MAKE YOUR SITE EVEN OPERATE, STAND BEHIND THE PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF AND OTHERS THAT MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR SITE AND COMPANY TO EVEN HAVE A BUSSINESS TO START WITH?..PLEASE START BY REFUNDING MY MEMBERSHIP FEE BACK TO MY ACCOUNT AND CANCELING IT ALL FOR THE TIME BEING.THEN PEOPLE WILL HAVE A TRUST IN YOUR SITE AND WOULD REFER YOUR SITE TO OTHERS.
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   LOLO83 0 Votes
Has anyone used this site to actually buy something??
 24th of May, 2010 by   EclipseGrl 0 Votes
They charged my account 90 dollars after signing up for a 3day trial. They charged me the second day and only gave me half my money back. Some idiot Paris gave me the lame excuse; well if I give you a full refund I would have to give everyone a refund with any situation they gave me. Idiot. I don't care about anyone else I care about my potential overdraft!! They are very deceitful...read between the lines people. Nothing is free and people scam you at every turn. Also, DONT use freeuslaptop.com...they scam you too thats how i got Buylowauctions!
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   TraviesoYk 0 Votes
LOL I just got charged $90 as well for the membership fee which I don't inderstand! I actually won something off of quibids.com which has no membership fee and was so excited about my Xbox 360 for $32 that I looked around and found buylowauctions.com and decided to give it a try but was not aware of a membership fee. Funny cuz they called to confirm and I aid I did not want to confirm anything and did not want to order anything, I just wanted the 10 credits I paid for and nothing additional. She said over the phone "ok, I will make a note of that on your account and you will not be chargted anything additional" I said ok thanks and call was ended. I just got off the phone with Paris who was only able to refund me half.
Plus unlike quibids.com this site is not user friendly and you have no idea who you are betting against! Is it an actual person or just the people running the site that reset the timer at 15 and 6 seconds and take you off of "winning? Yes" to no? How much is shipping and handling? How much is the currecnt bid amount at? How many people are bidding this item at? Worst auction site ever! Gives the rest of them a bad name :-(
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   grvyrd 0 Votes
on the phone w/bank as i type to get money put back in my account. these people promised me all kinds of stuff and agreed to what ever i wanted to hear the get me to give them my card and i had to fill a fraudulent charge back to get my money (which i did not agree to give until they fulfilled there end of the agreement)back in my account
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   :O) 0 Votes
I also was charge a $150.00 charge to my account for the 3day trial and when I called to get a refund they told me that it is non refundable and that I had to agree to the terms and conditions prior to getting charged WHICH IS A GIANT LIE because no-where on the sign up page does it ask you to read the terms and conditions or to agree to them and usually when you are joining things it sends you to another page that asks you to check to make sure your info is right and to make sure charges are correct but no-where on this site did it do that at all. When asking to speak to the superviser he argues with you that you are wrong and it does ask you to click a box that says to agree to the terms and conditions and that it does ask you to agree to the payment charges. HE WAS A LIAR and I hung up on him and went right onto the Better Business Bureau and reported the company because the women before that said go a head and report us to them. Well she got what she told me to do.
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   KatieSamY +1 Votes
When I went to FB I noticed on the right this Buy Low Auctions and I clicked on it and not known that what the site is actually I thought it was something like ebay. So I did the information process and all that crap and they charged me $250 dollars for this 3 day trial and worst of all I didn't get any of it back, so I filed a BBB report on their page and reported these idiots to my local PD and this is totally spam and worst of all people like me don't have this kind of money living month to month. And of course I got all my money back and they were left with the court costs. If they tell you don't call or go to BBB DO IT!!! They will give all your money back and them be stuck with court costs!
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   RadyJones 0 Votes
Thanks guys! I was thinking about trying them but...No way!!! It is easier to just go out and buy the stuff. Funny world we live in.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   cathy76 0 Votes
i tried the site and i love it. it says right on the sign up page that you pay $150 for 300 bids, and you have to agree to the terms and conditions. If you were charged, thats your own fault for not reading them before putting your credit card information in the computer.
 8th of Sep, 2010 by   AcidBurn70 0 Votes
@Cathy76, I have no doubt in my mind that you work for the company!! I have never read anything that ANYONE has posted on how they bought something for cheap. NEVER ONCE! Only people who have been scammed!! Thanks to all of them, I WILL never register there!! I know understand that nothing is free, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...Thanks!
 18th of Sep, 2010 by   fooledoncenottwice 0 Votes
I AGREE ! I also signed up for a three day trial, which was supposed to include 300 free credits (I had to agree that $150 membership fee would be taken from my account if I did choose to continue my membership), I canceled after one day. Instead of refunding my account as promised, they told me I have used the three hundred free credits...at a cost of $150. NO REFUND--$150.00...free trial.

I stayed on an auction for hours, for a camera, got nothing...but much waisted time.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   brandonhp 0 Votes
I agree I just signed up and when you bid all the clock of every item is restart the same time it look like it automatic not from other people bid so there no way that you can win I just cancel my account and try to tell them about the scam but the they didn't try to explain or refund my money
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   ecarney59 0 Votes
I accidentally signed up and tried to cancel the contract the several minutes after I found the the company had charged $150.00 to my credit card. When I called to cancel I was told that they could only refund $50.00. This was less than an hour when I tried to cancel. This is definitely fraud and I am going to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

ecarney59