logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Universal Trading Strategies
Don’t buy software from them
2. (14 mins ago)
HBM Health Beauty
Seller charges me for $69.99 per month
3. (34 mins ago)
C.M. Haryana/Haryana public health enginerring dept.Panchkula
harrasment for RENEWAL of enlistment of society.
4. (36 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-04-11 by    ObjectiveConsumer

Delete Negative Reviews

Buds Gun Shop
Kentucky
After leaving a negative but helpful and polite review on Buds my review was deleted the next day and my customer account terminated by the "webmaster." Bud's customer service is nonexistent - if you have any issues with your order good luck getting someone on the phone. On the other hand, I would guess that the vast majority of transactions go smoothly and hence the large purported customer base. Low prices, large stock and apparently fast shipping mean most buyers will be happy. Bud's is simply playing the numbers game. Personally, I'd rather deal with companies that actually care if you have a problem even if their prices are higher. You get what you pay for.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Apr, 2011 by   Goodolboy51 0 Votes
I have noticed a big slip in customer service out of Budsgunshop.com Lately also. If you can get someone on the phone or via email(fat chance) they have no idea what you are talking about when you ask firearms questions. I have been told twice regarding messups on my order that they were training new people and that was the issue. Train em all you want if they dont know guns they dont know guns. My FFL told me with a chuckle that they are pretty much incompetent and sometimes plain rude there prices are all that are keeping em in business. I have tried and tried again to find out info on products thyat the description was just plain wrong and the person on the phone knew nothing more than the description said. I tried to trade once and the veiled hostility at my questions and concerns made me think better of it. I bought six guns from Buds three of which went off without a problem. The other three were frustrating and a huge waste of time and effort. They have gotten to big without finding employees with the type of knowledge that keeps people coming back. When my credit card got hit due to Buds, myself and everybody I know took it as the final straw and canceled there cards and went back to paying a little extra money and supporting our hometown gun stores ( who hate Buds with a passion I might add) it is worth it to see the gun and know it isnt beat to hell despite buds claims it has never been opened.(then why is the tape broken and the gun obviously handled not to mentioned scratched) I have heard a lot of people say the guns are rough because they are factory screwups or refurbs and that is why they are so cheap. I dont know if this is true but a couple of the guns they tried to sell me were obviously used or mistreated while being stored. When Buds works right it is a great way to buy guns. Unfortunately they messup way to much for me and I am very patient. Once a great business but they have sacrificed quality for quantity and I always choose quality
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   IanC01 0 Votes
Posted two reviews today. One a very positive review about my first order and the service I received. The second was mostly positive, but questioned a very long delay in product delivery and lack of communication. I also questioned if the poor service was in any way related to their push to get customers to join their VIP program which promises faster service among other things. The website edited out my comments regarding the long processing time for the one purchase, with a message to me explaining that only comments regarding the actual product were left in the review while other comments were edited out as the were not related to the product. Funny thing is, they left the very positive comments regarding the service I received with my previous order. Guess the reviews you read on their site are not to be trusted.
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   IanC01 0 Votes
Had the same thing happen. First purchase - great product, great service. Second purchase - good product, poor service (processing for 11 days). Left reviews of both experiences on the same day. One glowing, one identifying the issue and questioning about the long delay. Guess which review was edited... Thing is, their explanation of the editing was that the service portion was not considered relevant???? Too bad that didn't apply to the review in which I gave them high marks for their service...that was mysteriously left in the review. They will be my absolute last consideration because of what I see as a MAJOR ethical flaw.
 8th of Mar, 2012 by   JakeDisplay 0 Votes
Got this email yesterday.

This notice is being sent to all customers who recently placed an order with www.budsgunshop.com and may not necessarily apply to your order.

If you are not already aware of what is going on in the firearms industry, there is no doubt you soon will be via the media. Our sales in the month of February were over FIVE TIMES what they were back in February 2009 following the last presidential election...and you may recall those were some pretty crazy times ! We did plan for 2012 to be another challenging election year...but we admittedly did not plan for this level of volume, and definitely not this early in the year !

Although your order may not have experienced a delay, we would like to apologize to anyone who has, or is currently, experiencing a delay in shipping. Our order volume unexpectedly skyrocketed in February, far beyond our capacity to process and ship. We immediately began the process of expanding our facilities, adding additional staff, and working extended hours...but those efforts are just now starting to pay off.

The good news is that we are starting to get back on top of things. We are currently shipping out more orders each day that what we are taking in, so it is now just a matter of clearing the backlog that was created in February. Since Monday we have been able to ship out 300 more guns than what we sold during that same time...so the backlog should be cleared shortly at this rate. We are shipping oldest orders first (first in - first out) so clearing this backlog will cause some newer orders to ship closer to the "7" in our advertised "3 to 7 business days" terms. Many repeat customers were so use to us shipping in 3 days they started to get concerned when their order had not shipped in 5 days...even though we were well within our "3 to 7 business days" terms. Also, "business days" refers to Monday-Friday only, as neither UPS or USPS pick up packages at our warehouse on weekends.

We sincerely apologize if you experienced a delay and assure you we are continuing to do everything we possibly can to prevent future delays. We have also suspended all cancellation fees for any delayed orders. If you order has been delayed, and you prefer to cancel your order at this time...we will be glad to accommodate that request with absolutely no fees...we need more guns anyway !

We appreciate the business and commit to do a better job next time if given the opportunity.

Kind Regards,