Budget Savers

Failure to provide promised service

Budget Savers
Phone: 800-475-1942
Hello (name) My name is John Smith and I am calling from Quality Resources because you recently purchased something from one of our marketing partners and this call may be recorded for quality and security purposes and I will be brief. The reason we are calling today is just to let you know as a preferred customer you’re receiving $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers in the mail. These are free and good for one year and you can buy your gas anywhere in the U.S. Now these should arrive in about 2 weeks so please keep an eye out for them, in the same envelope we’re sending the first 30 days of Budget Savers for only $1 dollar. It’s a brand new saving program that will save you money at a couple hundred stores like Home Depot, Target and Best Buy also restaurants like Chili’s, Red Lobster and McDonald’s. This is something we only send to preferred customers so there is no obligation to keep it and nothing to send back. Even if your not interested, make sure you don’t throw away the gas vouchers, the $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers is our way of saying thank you for being a preferred customer.

Remember the 30 day trial is only $1 dollar. It gives you full use of all the discounts. If you decide to stay a member after the first 30 days your benefits would extend automatically for just $24.95 a month again that’s only if you decide to stay a member after the first 30 days. It would be charged to your (Visa/Master Card/ American Express) ending in (last four digits). You can call and cancel anytime, on the toll free number that’s located on the front page. Either way you keep your $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers as a thank you. You still live in (city/state) correct?

Great, before I transfer you to our verification department to read your address back to you and to verify I did my job correctly, do you have any questions? When I transfer you, you’re going to hear a click. It may sound like I am hanging up. I’M NOT! It’s very important that you hold so you don’t get the same call again, ok? Enjoy your $50 dollars in gas vouchers, please hold.

TCPA=Always Attempt / TOL=we will add you to our internal do not call list.
That’s fine Mr. / Mrs. (last name); if you have any questions call 1-866-280-4252. We are not calling from Visa/Master Card or American Express; we are a company calling you with a discounted offer. Have a nice day.

This is the script they read to you, they changed their name from Value Plus to Budget Savers but its the same stuff.

How it works is you agree to the dollar for 30 days and then get transferred and they up sell you two other packages. They are trial periods.
$1.00 - Budget Savers goes to $19.95/$24.95
$9.99 - Health Package goes to $49.95
$1.99 - Entertainment goes to $ 19.99 (i think)
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful?

22nd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Budget Savers - they call you on phone and promise you all this stuff
budget savers

Supposeably i ordered something from the dish network and got a call from a woman saying that i was going to get a voucher from budget savers for a free gas card, and $1, 000 dollars in coupons for groceries and a gift card for WalMart for $25 free. She promise all this stuff and said isnt that great, before i knew it, she sent me to another woman who said i was enrolled in such and such. So between wal mart and dish tv and health options, all these companies are using scams to get money out of its customers. Be careful when someone calls up and says you get all this stuff, I still have no idea how these companies got my card # the names that my credit card gave me was budget savers and health options, I did not give anyone permission to take anything off my card. It is a scam and who knows what companies are involved in this.
 1st of Aug, 2008 by    +2 Votes
 11th of Aug, 2008 by    +2 Votes
I went through the same conversations like the others. When I got on to the site to claim my free gas the Complaint Board site came up. So I called to cancel all memberships that I got that day and the people answering the phone kept saying, "May I have your last name and zip code, please." I said and spelled my last name for them. The responce I got was "May I have your last name and zip code, please.", over and over they would not respond to me. I called back 3 times and they responded the same way, like they could'nt hear me. Finally the last time I screamed into the phone saying not so nice things and demanded they cancel my membership. They finally responded and said they would cancel and refund the money they took out of my account. I kind had in the back of my mind this is to good to be true...I guess I should of listened to my head. I guess we all live and learn.
 1st of Sep, 2008 by    +1 Votes
My husband who is trusting to the world around him bought a product advertised on tv and that company which I will not disclose due to personal reasons promised to not release any info to any other companies affiliated or not direct to them. How ever he was not satisfied with there product and called numerous times to get a promised refund and after many attempts the company finally answered and said it would be 2-6 weeks. Which is crazy because what can be automated out can be automated back in within the same time frame. Anyway after this they released his info to budget savers and drafted their fee as well from his account when they were unaurthorized to do so. He was supposed to recieve the "free" gas rebates as well as indicated in the mail letter we had unwantingly recieved. So they took advantage of him and I am here to claim our free gas as well but guess what... The web address www.budgetsaversonline.com/open/form/40 is not only a bogus site but a waste of my valuable time. Thanks alot to all of these phony web sites and phone companies who should have learned as children to say what you mean and mean what you say. Learn that with people there are no fine lines.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by    +1 Votes
How did you cancel the service? did they provide a phone number?
 3rd of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree whole heartedly with your complaint. I was called by two different people from budget savers. Each time I told them NO! I just opened my mail and guess what is in it??? A letter thanking me for my subscription. The letter states that I can get $40 in free gas if I go to www.budgetsaversonline.com/open/form/40. I figured if they were going to take advantage of me that way, I would just get that $40. WHAT WAS I THINKING... That is the story of how I got to this website. I just spent an entire week on the phone trying to get back automatic payments that were coming out of my daughters COLLEGE FUND without authorization from a couple of other companies. Is there no way to stop this?? It seems that NO is not an answer these people will take.

P.S. One of the accounts that I have been trying to stop now has no record of the account and therefore cannot cancel it... Minutes after they gave me that information, an additional months fee was withdrawn from her account. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT??????
 9th of Sep, 2008 by    +1 Votes
These complaints have really opened my eyes to this scam. I was actually going online to to receive my gas rebates. Budget Savers called me not at home but on my cell and already had my debit card number, birthdate and everything. How do they get all this personal information without anyones knowledge. Its crazy to think that there are people out there scamming away at unsuspecting consumers that are just looking to save a buck in this high priced economy.
 19th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

budget savers

took $24.95 out of my bank account without permission causing alot of things to be returned unpaid. Also leading to alot of overdraft fees.
 20th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

p.o.box 5265
Phone: 1-800-475-1942

I never ordered this, don't know how they got my card# or info.They took $1.00 +$19.95 out of my account.They sent me a letter with a membership # on it and to go to the web site listed above .When I tryed to it said invalid #. I cancled my card, which was a inconvenience for me because I had to wait 14 days for a new card. I have tryed to call them with no results.
 24th of Sep, 2008 by    +1 Votes
the phone number to call for customer service is 1-866-434-6600. got this from their recording when I called the phone number for more questions... which is 1-866-280-4252. the supposed hours for customer service are M-F 8-5 EST. I'm going to call in the morning and see if i can get someone with a pulse.
 29th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
my husband fell for the BUDGET SAVERS, CON. I him it is a scam but he said honey, we get free gas and groceries and mony off gift cards.
i love my husband but he trust too many people over the phone so i told him to hang up on the next person whom he does not know over the phone or take a # and ill call them!
please watch out folks, the economy is bad enough and these people prey on people that love to get free stuff!
thanks lisa B,
how do i stop the calls?
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
There were two deductions from my account in the amount of 19.95, one was from a "budget saver" and the other was from "home play". I contacted my bank and was told the withdrawals were made under the same number that was given to me . I called it and a woman asked me who else could have used my account, I told her I spoke with my bank which gave me their number in hopes to clear this matter before filing a complaint. She stated that she was removing the so called service requested and refunding my money to my account within 3-5 busness days. I will have to check my account daily, sharks are circling. Please be on guard. The number that I called was 1(800) 475-1942
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Well, i also didn't get any gift cards or voucer's, I was able to cancle my subsciptions though without any hassles, just dialed thier # and was told they would cancle both budget& homeplay without ever mentioning homeplay.But they got me for 2 $ also, and i read some of you for another 10 $, If this is not fruad then why can't I get one millon people to send me 2$ each and not go to jail.Someone out there must know how to report them to some kinda consumer fraud.
 4th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Same thing called my cell and first words after I say hello, "Is this so&so with cc ending in these 4#'s", I was like who is this? budget savers I said who are you and why do you have my cc#? I was told a close affiliate that I am now with as a "preferred customer" sent the info to them so that I may get rewarded and save even more money now. I asked what is the name of the company? We can't disclose that information, but what we can do is give you $40.00 in Gas for just $1.00 plus extra money saving coupons and if in 30 days you do not think becoming a member with us is worth $19.95 a month just call and cancel and the gas is on us. I was like if someone can disclose my name AND my cc# with you then you can tell me their name! They just kept on their speil of saving money and I asked again and again. no freakin answer to my question my one and only question. I was wondering does anybody have an idea of who is sending our privat and privledged info to buget saver? I would love to report them both to the Better Business Bureau.
 15th of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I was also scammed by Budget Savers. A month ago they called me at around 9 in the morning to congratulate me for doing business with one of their "partners" or "associates" or whatever. They told me they would send me a gas card and coupons to various places and they try to come across like this is all free. I didn't give them my credit card number, and they didn't ask for it... They asked me to enter my birth date over the phone and I declined because I've heard of people getting scammed and they said they'd do it for me on their end. After everything was all said and done, I didn't receive anything from them except unauthorized charges to my credit card totaling over $120 over the course of one month.

These pricks have no intention of providing any service to me whatsoever. I had to cancel my credit card, get a new number, and I am now going through the process of disputing these unauthorized charges with my credit union. This has been a real inconvenience to me thanks to Budget Savers and they are extremely lucky I don't know where they live.
 18th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
took three payments of $19.99 out my bank account.i had a lot of overdraft fee to pay, and wasnt notified by the budget savers that the transaction had happend.i want my money back..
 11th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I do not know what to think, I have not seen any evidence of a gas rebate so all i can say is so me.
 16th of Nov, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I need to cancel my order or whatever you all promis me now Thanks Lupe
 19th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

5405 2nd street
Phone: (916)415-1137

calls makes promises of gas gift card, savings coupons for a fee.they have your bank card information where they get it from who knows.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes