Buckmasters

Posted:

False billing charges

Buckmasters
After entering a buckmasters sweepstakes I received phone calls tring to get me to buy a hunting vacation package. I repeatedly told them I was not interested and to remove me from there list. then I started to receive calls stating that I had purchased a five year subscription to buckmasters magazine and they wanted there payment even though they said the order was placed from my home one week ago. I contacted my local police and will contact my attorney general tommorow.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

28th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
The only way to get it to stop AND to make them re-think their strong-arm sales tactics is to hit them where it hurt$.

This means getting their corporate sponsors and advertisers in the loop. Let the GunHunter magazine sales account executives know of the situation. **** Don't leave off the president of Buckmasters (Lewis Hale Figh, III, of Montgomery, AL) in your correspondence either. ****

I got it stopped within 2 minutes of my email to all of the above voicing, politely, my concern about the harrassment.

I even recieved an apology.

But I am still upset at the number of stories just like mine that are out there. The go back for YEARS of the same tactics.

To: "Jan Tullis"
Cc: lfigh@buckmasters.com, smaloch@buckmasters.com, dgross@buckmasters.com, mdavidson@buckmasters.com, cswink@buckmasters.com, jmulder@buckmasters.com
 11th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Followup - phone rang last week. Guess who????

Buckmasters! Must be re-cycling through former pi$$ed off victim's phone numbers.

So much for taking me off their list, huh?

LEWIS H FIGH,
7201 TIMBER MILL DR, MONTGOMERY, AL 36117
334-279-6849
 7th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
Just went to web site and bang i get a bill Jackie Bushman is a DISGRACE to the american hunter.

Contact Us