logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
VENETIAN HOTEL LAS VEGAS
PROSTITUTE HEAVEN, UNSAFE, BAD STAFF, NOT CLEAN, NO REFRIGERATION, NOISY ROOMS, WET CARPETS
2. (24 mins ago)
YES! Communities
Dont ever mess with these people they are ripoffs
3. (42 mins ago)
Timberline Knolls
patients rights violations
4. (47 mins ago)
AIL/ American Income
job opportunity scam- beware
5. (1 hr 3 mins ago)
Bulliongurus Research Private Limited
beware of this company! it causes nothing but extreme loss!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Buckeye Cablesystem /Buckeye Tel, Toledo Complaints & Reviews - Horrible Serice Calls/Techs

Buckeye Cablesystem /Buckeye Tel Contacts & Informations

Buckeye Cablesystem /Buckeye Tel

Posted:    EmmGee

Horrible Serice Calls/Techs

Buckeye Cablesystem /Buckeye Tel
Yesterday, 2-10-10, I had a service call done, to fix “hum lines” (Ghost lines that slowly move bottom to top, which usually measure 1/3 of the screen) from my cable and “antenna TV” Note - Free TV’s in line 1, Buckeye Cablesystem in line 2. <br />
<br />
I thought everything would have gone OK, but that’s not how it really went. <br />
<br />
Before I begin, I must warn you, I have had “Tracy, ” the “best” technician, in my home to fix the same issue. She was the escalation person, after many calls on this same issue. Needless to say, the issue was not solved. <br />
<br />
I also must make note of the Buckeye Tel situation that I went through with the same exact people. I paid for caller ID, but did not get other Buckeye Tel (Buckeye CableSystem phone) customers on the Caller ID. Yes, this included friends and work. I finally got fed up and quit all services. But had to come back, due to Sage Telecom’s inefficiencies, costing me even more money, than Buckeye Tel.<br />
<br />
With all said, their track record is not good, with pinpointing and diagnosing issues. That’s mostly what I had to deal with yesterday. My issue was not fixed. The Tech person wanted me to still have “hum lines, ” and be satisfied with just getting the service. He seemed to appear as though I was privileged to be able to get Buckeye. But you may pick that up in a few minutes of reading on.<br />
<br />
Service call was made for the “hum lines.” Yes, “CHRIS K” was on time, within the window. It was about 1:30 PM. I showed him in – Instantly got the “the reason for your hum bars are…” I had to interrupt him. I proceeded to mention that it was not my equipment, since the last time I had gotten brand new equipment (literally less than 30 days old to this service call). I mentioned that the hum lines go when I plug in the RCA, component and coax cables, even all separately.<br />
<br />
I was going to have the box switched… which did happen, but the same issue persisted. It just took the power plug to be plugged in, while any cables were connected to “LINE 2” (Buckeye Cable Port line). We then switched Buckeye to “Line 1” and same thing happened, just reversed lines inputs. <br />
<br />
All of the sudden, my heater, my turned off computer, my lights, etc… were at issue. But remember, If it were one of those, you would see the same issue in the FREE TV (on line 2 now, from line 1). That was not happening. Free DTV had no lines, until Buckeye’s Cable was hooked up. That instantly should say something… especially since my antenna is on powered amplifiers. It’s not power or anything a/c powered in the living room. <br />
<br />
My next thought was that it was… why did they not check the electrical components of the converter box? “Chris K” checked the signal level, but not the voltage in or out. Remember, Buckeye is supposed to be superior to knowing their equipment. Testing it only anchors this. Testing of voltage was not done, which should have been done. He also asked why I had gold splitters. I told him that they are for my local Free DTV… however, the coax splitters were not hooked into the box, in any ways. A good investigator… or engineer/tech, would have seen that first off.<br />
<br />
This was the same level of service as with the phone. If I had a dial tone, and a non-Buckeye Tel cell phone calls and it showed up… the problem did not exist. Forget testing… never happened.<br />
<br />
Beyond the lack to testing of their Tech, “Chris K” seemed to not be very happy. He did not seem to smile once. It almost sounded like he was being put out to work. What’s more, I was watching my local TV, or Free DTV… He told me that WBGU-DT4 (WBGU-Encore), which Buckeye does not carry (but is local), would go away. Somehow, he didn’t realize I was watching a station that they did not offer, showing lack of knowledge of their own product/service. I had to tell him that WBGU-DT4 was not carried by Buckeye, but was local…and that I had my own antenna… after re-hooking everything back up.<br />
<br />
Suffice it to say, the tech/engineering aspect of Toledo, Ohio’s Buckeye CableSystem has major training issues. They also appear to not be knowledgeable of their own equipment or products. Due to this, I have canceled TV… and at an earlier time, cancelled Buckeye Tel phone. Their Customer service on the phone is exemplary! Just terrible at engineering and tech services, on service calls. <br />
<br />
Note that service calls have been very late in the past… but that is not up to the customer service… that’s once again, tech/engineering/dispatch.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Feb, 2010 by   Michael Lake -1 Votes
I had the same apparent Ground Loop problem without Buckeye Cable. It seems a majority of technicians have little experience with recognizing and solving apparent group loops. Or perhaps they worry about the costs to eliminate the ground loop.

Search the internet for suggested solutions that are considered safe. Simply running the buckeye cable through a surge protector that includes coax protection may fix it. A coax isolation transformer may be another solution, which you could make by connecting a 75 ohm to 300 ohm transformer to a 300 ohm to 75 ohm transformer.

Ground loops happen for me all the time because I keep adding cameras and other devices to my security system and with cheaper solutions like using old home video cameras it was easier to get ground loops.

Michael Lake
 18th of Nov, 2010 by   Proud Buckeye Customer -1 Votes
For someone who is internet savvy enough to belong to/post to Complaints Board, maybe you should've goggled hum bar causes . You would've found that a hum bar is not very common and sometimes a naturally occurring problem. It's not Buckeye Cable's "fault". They didn't cause it. There are many causes for a hum bar. A bad component. If the hum bars are visible on a couple of channels then your off air ant system with amplifiers could be causing them. If visible on all channels then... A poor or bad ground on your electrical service to/in your home. A poor or bad neutral to/in your electrical system could be causing it. The outside cable plant is grounded to the Edison service at regular intervals. Your potential for a hum bar or ground loop could've been there for years. You not seeing it on your off air system is more than likely because your equipment in the home only had one path to ground. Once the cable drop to your home was connected to the outside plant and bonded to your electric service outside, your electronic components now had more than one path back to "ground". A/C is always looking for the path of least resistance to ground. If the cable shield ground was better than you Edison neutral ground then A/C could be using the cable drop as a return to the Edison plant. If this is the case then well then you have allot bigger things to worry about...

If you take nothing away from this, understand this. Cable TV systems are getting way more complicated than you'll ever know. I hope you weren't using the tech's real name. Have some couth. For you to Slam the repair tech and the cable company is just plain ignorant of you.
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   Buckeye needs replaced with another Co. 0 Votes
you have me wondering if you just work for buckeye to be named proud buckeye customer. I can blame them for my issues regardless of internet searches. My connection to the internet lasts about 10 seconds then drops nonstop. They have brought out 3 modems and same deal ever since using the arris cm550a modem. I even explained a firmware issue with that modem that other users have complained about with buckeye. They don't care. The tech who came to my house has tried to steal from me before while I was at work. My wife had to call in on him. He then on another visit attempted to cut at my hd wires behind my tv which have nothing at all to do with the modem. Then this time around refused to stick around to test the signal to see if it drops even after buckeye told him to get back when over the phone they witnessed it dropping 4 times during the phone call after he left. That was only 6 minutes after he left the house from hooking it up. From my view sending 1 crappy tech out over and over sends a bad signal. It makes them look bad. He is giving them a bad reputation. Plus now they have to pay him for a 4th visit to my house for something that would have took 1 visit if done right.

I am far from proud of their crap service. When I lived in Elyria I had Comcast and 0 issues with it. I only moved here to Sandusky to be near my job. Ever since I got here I have had a drop issue almost every week with them. Now it is almost every minute - every 10 seconds.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   Chiownr 0 Votes
I have been a Buckey Cablesystem customer for 13 years. I had Verizon prior to having Buckeye Tel. The Verizon customer service was both rude and arrogant when I had problems with the services. In addtion I was paying almost $60.00 a month for local service with no long distance. I have not had any problems with my phone service since I switched. The customer service is excellent. I am not that tech savvy, but when ever I have had a problem with my computer they are able to help me without making me feel stupid. I also really like that they are local and not in another country. I really wish more businesses around this area treated their customers with the same respect I have gotten from this company.

Door-to-Door Sales Scams