logo

Microsoft Promotion Claim Department - UK
Email lottery scam
3. (6 mins ago)
David Weekley Homes
Houses are total disaster!
4. (11 mins ago)

BSNL Internet Connection Contacts & Informations

BSNL Internet Connection

Posted:    Mukesh Tiwari

Browsing speed problem

I am student of Indian Institute Of Information Technology & Management Gwalior. We are using the broadband connection of BSNL named data one and according to company broadband means browsing speed should be 256kbps but from fews days we are getting the speed of 30kps even worst than this 5kbps sometimes.

Customer beware!!!
Comments India Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Nov, 2006 by   Rohit 0 Votes
I have 256k unlimited download Internet connection (Internet tariff's Plan H900+). But from last week and sometimes the speed just gets to less than half, say 100k. I pay 900Rs / month and that is the result i get.

I really decided to change my broadband!
 28th of Mar, 2007 by   Ghost Rider 0 Votes
Friends,

The meaning of 256 kbps means 256 kilo bits per second (not kilo bytes) which is equal to 32 Kilo bytes per second. So when you get 30-32 Kilo Bytes on a 256 Kilo Bits Connection its OK. Speed reduces sometimes when there is network congestion but trust me pals there is no better provider than BSNL cuz there are 7 gateways in india and BSNL has 4 of them Bharti has 3. All the other private companies take services from BSNL and provide them to thereafter to users. So be sensible..

256 (kilo bits)= 256/8 = 32 (Kilo Bytes)
as
(1Byte = 8 bits)
 17th of Jun, 2007 by   Abhijit Majumdar 0 Votes
Gateway is OK. But what works is the efficiency of the workers.
 20th of Jun, 2007 by   Prof.Dr.V.D.KARTHIGEYAN MBBS MS FRF 0 Votes
My phone number allotted for broadband connection was 04368 263142. I had paid for the connection on the 4th June and I'm yet to get connected. I had submitted the form for Broadband connection to the AE of Karaikal and that is also pending. A Attender Mr.Ganesan was sent for the connection on the 16th June who demanded Rs.1000.00. Private telephone connections are better. Doctors get cheated like this I wonder the layman. I 'am disgusted about the BSNL services and of course about the ministry taking care of the same and I pray that this gets wiped out. Its of no use.
 27th of Jun, 2007 by   jyoti 0 Votes
My home 500 plan internet from bsnl has been disconnecting every 1 min and is working slower than a snail. And i don't know the local number of Chandigarh where to register the complaint.. The no. which they gave is always engaged...
 28th of Jun, 2007 by   Dipankar Mech 0 Votes
Respected sir,
I am student of Department of Electronics Acridation computer course(DOEACC).My course is 'O'Level.
Sir in the last month I was connected Netone connection in my home which is provied by your company BSNL.But when I was registered in netone connection in last moth then I was filled up my connection ISDN128kb instead of PSTN so I can't connect the internet connection.
I already informed to BSNL's office but they couldnot responsed it.Not only in 1 time I was complain minimum of 11 times.There for I request you to that you should accept my complain and solved it. Kiendly grant me.
Thanks.
Your's faitfully
Sri Dipankar Mech
 16th of Jul, 2007 by   VISWANATH SUNKARA 0 Votes
I am using a bsnl internet connection post paid for the last two years. My telephone no is 0884 2321152. It was an ordinary connection through my telephone, i don't even know the name pf the connection. Internet usage bill is paid through my regular telephone bill. It was getting loaded at the speed of 44 to 46, and i was happy with the performance, contrary to the public perception.

For the last one month the internet performance is quite annoying as the speed has been decreased to 31 to 38 and gets disconnected on its own very frequently and after that it tries on its own, retries and gives a funny voice message that this facility is not available on your telephone and keeps mum. If i go to desk top and try it tells me that there is no dial tone. Without any choice i have to restart the system and reload internet and continue. Very unhappy situation and i am not able to work continuously, loosing interest, time and money.
 24th of Jul, 2007 by   AMITABH SAHA 0 Votes
BROADBAND INTERNET FOR 0172 2589859 NOT WORKING. I have a broad band internet connection for telephone number 0172-2589859 but for last 7 days the internet has not been working and despite numerous complaints both written and verbal no action has been taken to repair the fault.
 30th of Aug, 2007 by   Aravind G 0 Votes
I am 3rd year B-TECH computer science student.Well I have plan 500 bsnl connection. My bsnl connection rocked when i got connection.But after they upgraded the speed to 2 MBPS, my connection sucks., almost every minute i am getting disconnected... Its real annoying. Due to this many of my friends and also I am planning to change this connection... better with a low speed than this crappy connection. And one more thing whenever I tried to call so called 24hour functional customer care... even at 9:30 they won't even care to respond... The initial commitment bsnl had to this field is nowhere to be seen now... Real sad about this.
 11th of Nov, 2007 by   Ajay Chaudhary 0 Votes
Ajay here BSNL speed is good its a good provider of the net and its complaint center is goo its 17 exchange is good but one is wrong in the BSNL Dept there Working Process is very slow there bills not coming into a time and one good advice to the BSNL please distribute the bills by hand...

Thanks,
Ajay Chaudhary.
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by   Atul Kumar Saxena 0 Votes
I have called for internet connection to BSNL (Indore) as well as Airtel the BSNL did not paid any attention at the same time AIRTEL staff came and provided me the Connection on the Next Day.

I was interested for the higher speed and plan which i found BSNL better. The Staff refused to give proper attention said did not have modem. I purchased the Modem and deposited the required yearly fee , but sorry to say till date no action has been taken by BSNL. I have deposited online application form for connection then also no action have been taken.

They should remove such formalities from website on which they cannot take action only increase the Net Work traffic and Conjection .

I am now paying the fourth month rent of AIRTEl , but the BSNL connection has not yet turn up. They should stop the advertisement and save the money.

Atul Saxena
94250-62578
 13th of Dec, 2007 by   neeraj prabhakar 0 Votes
I have a lot of problem at connection time. It just doesnt connect in mig area. They say its ungerground cable issue. I have a unlimited plan of 900 rupees. Should i stop using bsnl broadband if these guys r not doing anything to slove my connection problem. The line just drops al of a sudden anytime. its reely irratating.
 8th of Jan, 2008 by   aliveli.narayana 0 Votes
why my bsnl connection disconnect every 2,3,.....minits
 10th of Jan, 2008 by   get 0 Votes
all of u better change ur internet to some other good internet
that is good for these BSNL guys.. and their service is very very very bad in all the places especially in bangalore ...they are providing bad service,,,,,,regret is the only word help all....
 10th of Jan, 2008 by   chandrasekaran.p.m 0 Votes
I am experiencing simila r problems in Chennai.
The only site sometimes open is dataone.in and falsely claims to have a speed of 1600Kbps when u check the speed.
Compaints are promptly answered but no positive result.
Thanks to the fight betewwen Marans and Karunanidhi. Under DMK the presnt ministry functions and everyone in Tamil nadu know what the government is doing.
 21st of Jan, 2008 by   ROY ANSUMAN 0 Votes
Sometimes it becomes very dfficult to get the connectivity though the phone line is OK.

Most unfortunate & irritating part is that the contact nos. provided for complaints relating to internet problem, at the time of installation are either not active or donot respond.

I will be very thankful if the contact no. is provided, where customers can get the response.
 22nd of Jan, 2008 by   Vaishnav A A 0 Votes
I have same experience in Aurangabad maharashtra. My landline 2480824 (on which broadband connection is given) is more than 3 KM away from Mukundwadi exchange. Actually when I applied for the connection, BSNL should have informed me the non feasibility of the connection. But BSNL aurangabad people were more interested in completeing connection targets than looking into phaltu things like feasibility and I got the connection. I have always ON type of modem for broadband connection. I have got my system checked from professional and there in no problem in it. The ADSL link flikers on and off like disco lights and I never seem to get the connectivity. There is no local/ national complaint number given. Upon enquiery at the exchange, they give numbers of Mr.Siddiqui and Mr. Pawar and if you call them you enter an enending calling cycle game. They will give u one no. to call and the lady on the no. gives u another no. then u get third, fourth, fifth and finally bang! first no. I am fed up and applied for TATA indicom connection. Once I get it I am going to surrender my connection.
 28th of Feb, 2008 by   hemant 0 Votes
i have netone cli based dail up connection but now i want withdrwan this connection. what will i do?
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by   Naresh Kumar Rajput 0 Votes
I want to check the total downloaded data in each day and with in the month.

Further I want to check my bill status and other related information.

Please guide me how I can get this information on the internet.

Thanks
 30th of Apr, 2008 by   janak prasad 0 Votes
I have been using bsnl netone for the past two years, but recently a new problem has arrivd, actually when i connect the netone, it works so fast for two to five minutes as if i am using broadband connection, but suddenly after that the page starts displaying "cannot find server" . when i connect again the speed sometimes shows 9kbps, 10 kbps, 16 kbps and so on... and finally after so many attempts it gets connected and shows 46.6 and so on.. but to my vain the problem agin starts after five minutes of browsing.. with my major exam projects so near i dont have idea wat to do. and i hav complained so many times about this problem but no solutions has been done.

The 5 Golden Rules of Saving on Everything