logo

onlinebooking_refunds@philairlines.com
double charge
5. (1 hr 43 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Brick Card Platinum, Montréal, Québec Complaints & Reviews - Paid off Account still applied interest

Brick Card Platinum Contacts & Informations

Brick Card Platinum

Posted:    Taiyabah Khan

Paid off Account still applied interest

HSBC Retail Services
PO Box 11459 Station A H3C5L6
Montréal, Québec
Canada
Phone: 18002776860
www.thebrick.com
I called 1-800-277-6860 May 5, 2008 requested a payoff quote I was prompted to pay $4579.54 to clear this account. The same day I made an online payment for $4579.54 from my RBC account. Appoximently 2 weeks later I called to cancel the card but Customer Service told me I had a balance of $117.74 of interest to pay and they told me I have to pay it. How does interest occur on zero dollars? I paid the card off in full the same day I got the pay off quote for this account. I spoke to the supervisor Scott who was aggressive and told me I had to pay this amount, I still dispute these charges so I called back to speak to a Manager so I left a message with M.J. Customer service still couldn't explain where the charges came from. Common sense that I paid such a big amount, why would I hold back $100 dollars. My account number is 191210103923987.
Comments Canada Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2008 by   21312efsdvdx 0 Votes
Crazy Nazis
 31st of Aug, 2008 by   SimplyDani 0 Votes
The Brick, or HSBC are a bunch of criminals. I would demand that this money be refunded to you.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   leanne wieland 0 Votes
i have had nothing but problems with the brick since i began my brick card
 15th of May, 2009 by   Charley White 0 Votes
I completely agree. It took me 4 weeks just to cancel the card!!!
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   hope i was helpful 0 Votes
i worked for a diff credit card. i would think the process how interest is billed would work the same way as what happened to you..
so i would like to share my thoughts on this =)

correct me if im wrong..
i would safely assume that the balance 4579.54 is an "ongoing balance" (that's a term i always use =) and i would define this as: 2 mos or more old purchase; amount that came from prev month's statement; plus prev mos interest/ongoing interest; by this time you have forfeited your grace period coz u paid minimum balance last month instead of paying the full balance)

lets say the agent and you are looking at the same up-to-date statement dated june1 - june 30 2009 with due date July 25 2009 (let's say the grace period is 25days).

you called the agent july 8, *SOME agents would neglect to mention the interest amount from june 30 to july 5 (and this is the $117.74 interest that you mentioned above.)

and what i am saying is that most credit cards would calculate and charge interest every single day if there is an "ongoing balance".

from the time the statement was printed (june 30) to date you called the agent (july 8) there is already interest that yoou owe and this amount will be shown in your next statement..

hope i was clear enough? .. and hope that this was helpful =)
btw how much interest does the brick have? **planning** to open a credit card.. =)
 18th of Jun, 2012 by   RIcky14 0 Votes
So we bought appliances from the Brick last year worth over $180000 and paid off everything outstanding as we had the 12 month no pay program. After the 12 months I paid off everything for my sister and my parents card and just had $422 outstanding on my card which I called in early April to find out when its due.

The customer care lady told me it was due on April 28th and therefore on April 22nd I made the payment through online TD bank and cleared the amount. Next month, i get a statement stating that I've extra charges of $54.53 which I was so confused about. So I call the customer care number and talk to them, the girl who first helped me was horrible and spoke to me as if they don't have time to handle such issues. I asked to speak to her supervisor:

The supervisor tells me, We have monthly statements so that you don't miss your payments and call us back saying that we've late charges. Customers always like to call us back and say that we spoke to someone and they told us that its due later and make all sorts of excuses to delay the payment and lie to us.

WELL! I'm not sure how these bunch of low-lifers get a job like customer support which is uttermost important to a company. Anyways, so I said, there is a reason you have a customer care service and a customer care number to help out the customers so I'm not sure why are you trying to show me attitude that because you didn't check your statements, we cannot help you. Your employee screwed up and told me that the due date is 28th when it wasn't and thats why i made the payment accordingly or why would I not make the payment 2 days before when I paid up $18000 i owed you guys. The supervisor kept on arguing and trying to tell me that I'm a liar and customers just lie about these kinda things and we dont buy this kind of bullshit. I was so pissed to hear that a supervisor is treating me like this when his company approved me for a $18000 credit card loan.

I'm going to take this further and they wanted me to pay them a late fee of $52, I'm going to make them pay me much more for abusing a customer and accusing him of lying.

The supervisors name was LEO from the Corporate Office in Edmonton, Alberta and I would NEVER deal with the Brick again because of such poor customer service.
 11th of Nov, 2013 by   torrent14 0 Votes
Ayan
Interested to switch over to ‘Federated Canada’? Beware! There’s a distinct possibility that you’ll regret for your decision afterwards. Before stepping into it makes sure you should be aware of each and every clause in the contract before signing it. Besides, it looks like that positive testimonials on the WWW aren't real; apparently the people who have posted these reviews are fake Federated Canada customers. That speaks volumes about the organizational ethos. My recommendation for you is that make an informed decision after getting a complete surety on the terms of services and commercials.
 3rd of Jan, 2014 by   The brick sucks 0 Votes
I agree, I am dealing with the same situation... They kept rejecting the payment from my RBC account, I had to take a day off work to go and pay the amount in cash and now they are charging me a month of interest. I got on the phone and the supervisor would not let me speak and was extremely rude. Every time that I would explain what has occurred he would speak over me and would tell me to let him speak... He then hung up the phone.. SO UNPROFESSIONAL
 3rd of Jan, 2014 by   The brick sucks 0 Votes
Supervisor name is KODIAK... Worst customer service ever...

Things You Should Never Buy New