logo

FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
2. (2 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
3. (2 mins ago)

Bovada

Posted: 2012-06-01 by    michelle1969

Fraud

Bovada
I have been playing online (poker and casino) for well over a decade. I have had my ups and downs but always received what I thought I was paying for which was an opportunity to make money. In the days when pokerstars, full tilt, and back in the day party poker existed as USA options, I made many deposits and withdrawals without issue. I never feared my money was not "safe" and that I wouldn't be paid when I won. For the past 4 months or so I have played on Bovada. There have been many red flags that should have stopped me... only a few tables had "cash players" on them; players were identified by number and not name, etc. Also, the deposit "fees" are truly ridiculous (4.9% and then another separate conversion "fee"). I made a number of deposits over the past several months and then there are others were simply were not made by me. I noticed a pattern that whenever I increased my casino wager, I would win. Decrease the wager, then I would lose. Every session I would build up to $1500-3000. I have played enough to recognize the pattern of reduce bet lose, increase bet win. This mind game continues until the winnings are blown. Well during all of this I'm waiting for a withdrawal (of less than $1000) for well over 1 month. Meanwhile I successfully make deposits with about a 10% surcharge that are approved instantaneously. What I have figured out after speaking with "customer service with Bovada" on a regular basis is that they are reading from a script, promising to call me back, promising to provide a tracking number for my check that was requested over 1 month ago (policy originally stated would take 15 days to receive payout). So now I believe that I have been a victim of fraud. Some deposits that I was charged for were in duplicate and then the others that I actually made with the belief that I would be able to cash out winnings are fraudulant as well as I have not seen my small cash out. I therefore am disputing all charges with my bank because of the above. The charges on my account say "spa services, camera purchase, retail clothing etc" none of which I ever received. The online gaming industry is a thing of the past. Do NOT play with your money unless you plan on losing. If you "win" you will never see your money. I would never dream of not paying a debt that was legitimate. However, I can't imagine that I could let over $10, 000 in my monies go to a "company" such as this that is obviously not legitimate, so readily collecting my money while failing to reimburse any "winnings". I feel totally taken and I hope Bovada joins the others being prosecuted by the USA. They are truly thieves!!!
Comments United States Gambling Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Sep, 2012 by   chryslercc 0 Votes
i got one for u. so i was on button, playing .50/1.. was up about $65.when i got dealt AA..ung raised 5. i just called, (i know)..flop came j72 to hearts and a spade. he raises 17. i move all in for 160. he calls with j8 spades hits runner runner spades. now come on. i have many many more. this is just the most recent
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   bovadadev +1 Votes
bovada is a scam. it is for "entertainment" only as they say.. they cannot pay winnings to us players as taxes must be assessed. since they do not pay anything to players they are allowed to accept us players. i feel bad stating 3 in 6 is the computer playing. you can never win...
 11th of Mar, 2013 by   Easy Prey +1 Votes
Bovada tells you they will charge you only 4.9 % for all deposits, but sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, they grab a few cents or a buck or two more than what you agree to when depositing with customer service (using Visa Debit Card.) Fortunately I noticed this on my bank statement and confronted them over the phone. I made a deposit while recording the whole thing and watched the transaction live online at my bank site. Sure enough I caught them and it was more than 4.9 %. When I got upset and told customer service that I was watching the whole process they tried to tell me they only see they took 4.9 %. I told them I suspected fraud and they immediately locked me out of my account and all the funds I had in there were frozen. Beware do NOT use this site. I am still going through hell trying to get my money.
 15th of Mar, 2013 by   Big JMan +1 Votes
It is scary how many people don't realize why Bovada uses numbers and not screen names anymore. It is not to protect you, it is to protect their automated play. Most any of the "numbers" you will face in any given tournament are completely automated. If you don't believe me, then time how long it takes an opponent to make a decision. It is the same exact amount of time for every play on every hand you face against a fake player. Try communicating with an opponent you suspect of being a bot and you will never get an answer! Next try playing a few hands at low limits against the numbers you have decided are bots and see how often you win even with your high percentage hands. I personally don't know if there is any legal action that can be brought against them for cheating and taking advantage of people, especially US players who just are looking for any fair game right now but something should be done to this criminals.
 4th of May, 2013 by   Rounder101 0 Votes
They are a 100% scam no question. 3 out of 15 hands I lost to 1 outers. No one chats because your playing with bots. Take my warning for what it's worth.
 16th of Aug, 2013 by   Bfunk78 0 Votes
Absolutely NO DOUBT about it whatsoever. Pisses me off bad man, b/c they could just do it straight and they'd still make a killing. I'm done with those jackasses. Peace.
 24th of Sep, 2013 by   smittyjo8 0 Votes
If this particular example of fraud does not help you to decide whether or not to give Bovada your hard earned money, at least putting it in writing again will convince me to find something better to do when I am bored. True Story: About an hour into a large tournament, I am doing well, over 20k in chips. Probably at least top 10% of all players. I am in the BB. One single bet before action comes to me. That bet is a raise to 4k. The whole time, I've been patiently awaiting to see what would happen as my cards are KK. For one player to bet in front of me is, to me, perfect. So, my turn comes, and before I can even move my physical hand, my card hand is folded for me. I quickly write down the hand number and continue on with the tournament. Afterwards, in my research, I see that the player in front of the player in front of me folds. Then the player in front of me, the SB, folds and then I fold. All 3 of these folded hands occurred in the same minute. When I wrote to Bovada, they told me that since nobody else had problems during this particular tournament, that it was my computer that "auto-folded" my hand. I explained to them that I never touched my computer and yet my hand was folded nonetheless. I have never been so angry in a card game because I could have easily doubled up to 40k+, as the other player was also at 20k+. The simple truth of the matter is that I did not fold (by mistake and obviously not by accident) and they refused to entertain the idea that either their software was corrupt or somebody playing was exercising corrupt software. I then went on a written rampage, threatening to inform every national policing authority in the United States to their scam, and that as they sit there and collect probably millions of dollars a day, one day, the fun would end abrubty for them and all of their scammed earnings would be seized and they would be brought to a tiny jail cell for the rest of their lives to think about what they had perpetrated and how easily they could have made money and still offered a fair game. After this, my bank statement did not reflect the second withdraw I made that day of $500.
They are cheaters and will not address your problem, should you run into one, with integrity.
 23rd of Oct, 2013 by   welder4hire 0 Votes
ok, check this out. We were in a big tournament and i am short stacked with 3500. due to several river cards going to this one player. Now im wondering how this is possible? I've had bad beets before but after the final hand when I had a ace 10 suited and call the raise from the flop and go all in with a pair of 10s and ace kicker and the tens being the highest card on the flop. This same cheating idiot calls immediately my 3500 all in with a 8, 7 off suit with no possibility for a straight or flush. the only way for this bot to win is to catch two cards either two 8s or two 7s or 8, 7 to win. That is exactly what happened. The flop and river was 8, 7. Sorry but the odds are two great for that to happen consistently. Besides no legitimate player would call a all in with no possibility of winning and the odds so great to hit two cards to make the hand, against a set hand that went all in. This site is truly corrupt, and I'm thinking about taking a little trip and getting a little payback! They deserve some serious first hand attention!
 27th of Nov, 2013 by   whozit50 0 Votes
There is something definitely not right about Bovada poker, though I don't believe it's explained by 'bots'. I'm not a pro . . . just a rec player with a small stake. But I do have a far better than average knowledge of probability and odds. What I have seen and experienced is not consistent with truly random card play. My guess is that the software is 'rigged' this way to encourage people to continue betting throughout a hand, even if they have a low-probability of winning at each stage of a hand . Why? Because more betting means a bigger rake for the house. The number of hands won when having extremely low probabilities of winning just isn't possible with random cards. If you play on Bovada, just try to notice some things: On hands you fold post-flop, how often would the turn and river have given you a winning hand? How often do you lose or notice others losing a massively superior hand due to a truly amazing turn and river? How often do you fold a s**t hand pre-flop but then the flop comes up with a hand that would have guaranteed you a win? These things happen, of course, with random card play. But the frequency that they happen on Bovada is staggering. Again, I think this kind of rigged card play is designed to encourage additional betting beyond what would normally be reasonable and rational in order to create a bigger rake for the house. I'll play out my stake, but I won't be depositing any more money with Bovada.
 16th of Dec, 2013 by   Earnest Bunbury 0 Votes
There are people in the online poker world that check the sites honesty. That's because every player is unique, with a unique name whose name can be tracked to see if they are outside winning in a normal range of play. Bovada assigns numbers to the players. This makes tracking impossible- that right there should make you stop and think enough to not play Bovada. Next are the bots. I've played many online poker games, but have NEVER seen so many players take the exact length of time before placing a bet, the same amount on the time bar before calling, raising, etc.
As was said above, these players will never respond to typed in messages. They always take the same time before betting AND, if there are 45 players needed to start a tournament, the last five or six just magically appear. The player count will be 37...28...39...45!
God, WHY can't Pokerstars just come back to the US? WHY!!!???
 18th of Dec, 2013 by   Sa-Nu-Nay 0 Votes
I am amazed how people complain about online poker being fixed/rigged. It has happened before.(Absolute Poker) . I don't know and I wouldn't be surprised.

Common sense tells me.
1. Who really knows?
2. You would have to be crazy to put any serious money into an online poker site if you don't know what regulations/laws they adhere to.
3. Many poker sites allow 3rd party software to track/rate players giving an unfair advantage to some players (You can't do that in a real US casino).

I play online (a set $ limit a month) for entertainment/practice and save my real money for wagering in live games/tourneys where I know the people/cards are real and cheating won't be tolerated.

The New Jersey Casino Control Act states "An integral and essential element of the regulation and control of such casino facilities by the State rests in the public confidence and trust in the credibility and integrity of the regulatory process and of casino operations. To further such public confidence and trust, the State extends strict regulation to all persons, locations, practices and associations related to the operation of licensed casino enterprises and all related service industries. Comprehensive law enforcement supervision attendant thereto, is further designed to contribute to the public confidence and trust in the efficacy and integrity of the regulatory process".
 30th of Dec, 2013 by   chaddy300 0 Votes
F bovada and F anyone who thinks its not rigged. This is the most crooked BS lying cheating site I have ever seen. To those of you morons who think it is not rigged I would like to punch you in the face because you are so stupid. Keep dumping your money into this site you idiots. Bovada riggs all of their games with the primary goal to rip off and steal peoples hard earned money. If you still wanna put money into this crooked site after reading these warnings then I hope somebody beats your face in. I hope this crooked cheating site is exposed for the compulsive pathological liars they are.
 14th of Jan, 2014 by   playass 0 Votes
I live in vegas and prefer bovada.yes their payouts can take up to 5-6 weeks.most major companies outsource tech support and customer service.all gioing to phillipines.yes most companies including u.s.i don't mind the fees.saves me gas and casino drama.i know for a fact the poker side and black jack have facial and eye recognition software.play b.j. and close your eyes, your only fukin yourself.i only gamble on sports..this keeps my gambing 100% in my control.i make profit every year..about security wheres your fulltilt money.bodog has proven test of time and gaming sweeps..love the fact if I want to bet 1$ tickets I can..if you were good at this your winnings should offset the minor fees..as long as you play cards youll never be successful as me
 7th of May, 2014 by   Michael Sch 0 Votes
Who, what, where, how do I file a complaint with the DOJ or whomever about this fraud of a website "Bovada"? I have printed out and saved all my hand histories. The number of insane 1-2 outers I've lost and seen others lose is beyond comprehension. It's so disgusting. I want to know whom I can file complaints to and provide evidence so this website get shut down. There' blatant collusion, bots, etc and it these people need to be held accountable. Does anyone know where I can start? I could use some help either recommend a website or others that would like to file even a class action suite against them. We the people, can stop this if we choose!
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   baby duke 0 Votes
Attached is a link to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint form. I'm just saying.

4th of Aug, 2014 by   AmandaPanda 0 Votes
So I've been funding my gambling addiction with Bovada for about 4 months now. I use my debit card which is linked to my bank account (obv) and spend about 60 bucks every month playing. This past friday, the 1st, I made my first withdrawal for a mere 90 bucks (i started with 20, so it was better than nothing!). I live in the US on the East Coast and the check I received took only one day to come in the mail. I cashed out on Thursday in the wee hours of the morning and received my check Friday at 3pm. So i went to mmy bank and cashed it in; they told me it would need to be deposited into my account due to it being an international bank check and that it would take a few business days. But Sunday came, I checked my account and I had the 90 bucks in there, so I decided I was going to go get a few things I needed at the store. At checkout, found my card was not working.
I never have a problem with my card.
I didn't call the bank right away. Figured maybe I had entered the wrong pin and they had locked it or something. Later that night, I went home to try and use my card on different website to order some shoes, wouldn't go through. I called my bank. After about 45 minutes of a combination of waiting, being asked multiple questions about my account, including where i last used my card, how much the exact balance was, my SSN number, everything you could possibly need to know... they said my account had been compromised. Someone had called in pretending to be me ASKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT MY ACCOUNT. The only possibility that I can think of is BOVADA. I save my information regularly so that I don't have to enter my card number every time I want to purchase play money. Not to mention I have never had this problem before; I'm a very secretive person and no one has access to my DEBIT CARD NUMBER. After this happening, I don't trust the site. Even if the check did go through, unlike what I thought was going to happen (maybe it was a scam, i thought), I will no longer be using this site as I am afraid that my identity will be stolen.
There's my experience, hope it helps someone.

Useful Information About Overdraft Fees