logo

Hammonds Furniture Ltd
Awful company
3. (4 mins ago)
The Bottled Wealth Holdings
Boiler room wine investment scam (Con't)
4. (11 mins ago)

Bounty Paper Towels

Posted: 2012-03-22 by    Stinky paper towels

stink

California
Proctor and Gamble's Bounty Paper Towels give off this horrendous smell once they are wet. I always purchase the 8-pack at Costco, but the last time I did, I started noticing a horrible chemical smell emitting from the wet paper towel. The smell is so bad, that I refuse to use them to wrap veggies in, or even to pat fruit dry. The paper towels ruined a whole stalk of celery to the point where it was inedible. What is going on? I've written the company, only to receive a coupon with no explanation. Has anyone else had this problem???
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2012 by   Gravitytheseducer 0 Votes
 13th of Jun, 2012 by   Go Cubs 0 Votes
Yes, I recently had this unfortunate experience for the first time ever, after using Bounty paper towels for years and years. When you get them near your face it smells like a strong chemical smell, like paint or caulk. I threw them out, afraid to get near food. I thought that maybe it was because I purchased them in a hardware store, and maybe the sort of smell that one notices inside the hardware store had permeated through the plastic wrap and aborbed itself into the paper. However, I see many people across the net also posting about this problem. I will switch to Brawny or Viva after I check the label and see who manufactures it. Bounty is manufactured by Procter and Gamble.
 30th of Sep, 2012 by   AnneM123 0 Votes
Mine reek like a moldy wet rag. They arE vile!
 5th of Oct, 2012 by   RachaelAB -1 Votes
The ones purchased from Costsco smell like they were soaked in kerosene! Hmmm... another snaeky petroleum product makes its way into the food chain and our sacred bodies are violated yet again by Big Oil.
 20th of Oct, 2012 by   jessicawarren 0 Votes
same problem. just sent in a complaint on label code 3700081760, i hope i dont get a coupon. the smell has ruined the inside of all my pantries. i didnt know where the smell was coming from. and had lined every cupboard with them. now it's transferring to my dishes. smells like old wet ashtrays.
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   Cris25 0 Votes
Yes, what the heck, same thing. Been buying Bounty for years! Are these being made in China with toxic ink???? Bounty better come clean about this - no pun intended ;-)
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   AppleKornKid -1 Votes
I use them to wipe my bum and come too think of it they do smell really bad after.
 25th of Jan, 2013 by   annasingsanddances 0 Votes
wow! I quickly use one if I need to blow my nose, and it smells like smoke! I feel like the chemicals are hurting my lungs!
 26th of Nov, 2013 by   Wdm16blue 0 Votes
I did not ever think I would post a comment on paper towels. But they have a horrible smell. Almost like Cheetos or like an electrical fire smell. I have a fish tank and would use the bounty towels to wash my hands after cleaning the tank. It took this chat room to realize I did not have an issue in my saltwater tank. Now I know. Funny that I had guests just commenting on the stinky smell of my pairs towels. Caused a lot of trouble for no reason. Shame on bounty.
 14th of Dec, 2013 by   Cosmic Girl 0 Votes
I just returned a 8 pack bounty paper towels from Target and purchased a new pack thinking that one had the problem. But just opened the new one and it's also smells bad when wet or when I bring it to my nose. Glad I saw your posts and not thought that I was going crazy. I hope something can be done about it soon cause I had been using bounty paper towels for a long time and really liked them. It's a shame.
 18th of May, 2014 by   Almaden 0 Votes
I just experience it now and found out that people had complaint years before. What is going on and why it couldn't be fixed? I bought them from Costco too. When I used bounty to wipe the table, I noticed a horrible smell like urine. I tried to smell every where and finally found out it was from the paper towers.

How to Save on Life Insurance