logo

The Hair Shoppe
Bad hair color
4. (27 mins ago)
Pet Shipping GK Service
The puppy was never delivered
5. (30 mins ago)
Booking.com
Awful Customer Service & Inaccurate Website

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bottom Line Books, California Complaints & Reviews - Sent 2009 Year Book that I never ordered

Bottom Line Books Contacts & Informations

Bottom Line Books

Posted:    Bernie Kim

Sent 2009 Year Book that I never ordered

California
I received in the mail, a Bottom Line Book, titled Bottom Line Year Book 2009 that I did not order. I am calling 800-678-5835 to get a "return merchandise" mailing label from them and a sending it back by certified mail so that I have a record that they have received the book. I will not just write "return to sender"' on the package, this does not guarantee that the book is returned to them.
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Susie Mayes 0 Votes
I received the Bottom Line Year Book 2009 this morning. I did NOT order this thing and don't want it. I refuse to pay for something that I did not order.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Fran Nicklas 0 Votes
I received a box today with three books in it. The envelope on the box tells me what is in it. I am returning them tomorrow marked "return to sender" as I am not opening these. I did not order them. The books are coming from Bottom Line Books, Clarion, IA, the envelope on the box says Des Moines, IA. It used to be that if someone sent you something that you did not order, you were allowed to keep it. I don't know if that is still true. I don't want them and I am not going to keep them.
Fran N.
Maryland
 21st of Mar, 2009 by   June 0 Votes
I ordered two books (separately) from Bottom Line Books and decided not to keep them so wrote to the company on the back of the bill per their instructions, and I have returned the books. I got a number of bills but think it is still in the process of being received and input to their system.
The bills I got do not say exactly how to return books. My bills did not include a toll free number as the post above says "I am calling 800-678-5835 to get a "return merchandise" mailing label from them and a sending it back by certified mail so that I have a record that they have received the book."
I did not see any phone number at all or anything about how to return the book, just a tiny line at the bottom of one of the bills that said to return books to a PO box in Iowa, which I did and included a copy of the bills so they could credit my accouont.
I sent the letter off one day and the books on March 10. On March 20 I got another bill, so think it is in process.
After reading the above posts, I am worried they will put me on some kind of list now and send me books I have not requested.
I'm glad I found this site. Thank you.
June in Oregon
 21st of Mar, 2009 by   June 0 Votes
This is so funny. After I submitted my comment on Bottom Line Books, I noticed that they are paying for an ad at the top of the Bottom Line complaint page!
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   ConnieB 0 Votes
I also received the BottomLine "2009 Health Breakthroughs" book that I did NOT order. This is the 2nd time in 2 years they have sent me a book that I did NOT order and then tried to bill me and threaten me with "Unless we receive your payment within the next 28 days, your account will be referred to a nationwide licensed collection agency." It is illegal to request payment for merchandise that was not ordered by the receiver. It is also unethical accourding to the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) that Boardroom, Inc. (ower of Bottom Line Publications) is a member of. As a marketing professor who teaches consumer behavior, direct marketing, and Internet marketing, I will use my personal experience with Bottom Line Books (Bottom Line Publication/Boardroom, Inc.) as an example of illegal and unethical marketing behavior in my courses.
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   Kate Sullivan 0 Votes
We received book we never ordered.
Getting bills (and very threatening ones)
Mystery address in Iowa but called the Iowa
BBB and they said they are actually located in Connecticut.
PLEASE write to the Better Business Bureau.
They prey on the elderly and demand money.
Awful!
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   Kate Sullivan 0 Votes
My husband received books he NEVER ORDERED.
He continues to get billed over and over with
threats.
THe mystery address on the bills in Iowa but
I called the Better Business Bureau and they
are actually run out of Connecticut.
Please complain the to CT BBB.
This is so wrong!
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   stephen m 0 Votes
I was sent a collection letter from "Bottom line books" the collection agency is name "north shore agency" . I never ordered any books, I recieved this leter in shock, we need to get the word out about this company! write your experiences and contact connecticuts BBB.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   NancyLG 0 Votes
Add me to the list of angry people who have been scammed by this company. I stupidly had sent for one of their books last year, and was so unhappy with the book that I vowed to immediately toss any future offers in the trash. Yesterday, a box arrived and as I had been sending for books through Amazon, I opened the BottomLine box also. Seems I am the recipient of their 2010 year book, which I never sent for. Has anyone attempted to go after the company for mail fraud, as this book was sent by postal service?

In any event, I intend to refuse payment and will inform them by certified mail, when their bill does arrive. I have already verified that they have not charged this to my VISA card, and I will also be checking with them from time to time.

There must be a way to stop this company from mailing unrequested books to anyone unlucky enough to be on their mailing list.
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   Kitty Scharff 0 Votes
I too am a receipient of unsolicited, unordered, unrequested books from The so called Bottom Line Books. All efforts to return them have failed and doing a Return to Sender has caused being sent to collection, numerous letters and finally an Attorney to put an end to that one paticular complaint; however they have refused ALL request to remove my name from their auto ship. Once again I have received the 2010 Year Book and am so angry because they forced me to pay for the last two years or go down the same road of numerous letters, wasted time, frustration and damaged credit. I have repeatedly told each person I reached by phone and each one who has read the letters..IF I WANT A BOOK I WILL ORDER IT AND NOTE IT IN MY LEDGER...so far this year I have received six books I have not ordered, and paid for them simply to preserve my credit. I am sick of being used this way, with no apparent way out.At the time of writing I am holding on to the yearbook and a book of Drug Alternatives. I don't want to pay for either one of them. Where is the law when this kind of fraud is being worked on a Grande Scale????????Kitty S.
 2nd of Dec, 2009 by   MRS. JAMES M. CASSADY 0 Votes
I sent you an Email approximately two an one half weeks ago concerning the Bottom Line Books, I had ordered! Treasury of Health Secrets NE. and Two free bonus books, Bottom Lines Uncommon Cures an Medical Blunders. I received a box with one book in it. Uncommon Cures for Everyday Ailments! I did'nt receive The Worlds Greatest Treasury of Health Secrets or the other free book Medical Blunders! You either didn't receive the Email or you chose to ignore it... I will not pay for BOOKS I never received! The box lid was loose and looked as if it had been opened when we got it. MRS. JAMES M. CASSADY.. PHONE.. 903 678 3718... BECKVILLE, TEXAS, 75631
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   Sally O. from Wisconsin 0 Votes
I did buysome books awhile ago, don't remember the name. I got a bill for $47.94..just let it ride. I wasn't sure I had ordered it. Then a letter saying they were turning me over to a collection agency, so I sent them a check. About three weeks later I got a notice from "North Shore Collection Agency." I paid them, not remembering that I had paid for the book already. I noticed the entry in my bank statement. So, I figured I would wait and one of the two would return my money. It hasn't happened yet. Did anyone else have the same experience? I have no phone numbers for either place. SW
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   PJ Austin 0 Votes
I ordered two books and paid them; they keep sending me invoices! Twice I have sent them copies of the processed check; I did threaten them by saying I would turn them over to the AG's office of IA, which I have every intention of doing. I would think that once somebody saw evidence of where they deposited a check they would stop trying to collect money - duh!
PJ Austin, TX
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   bountyhunter 0 Votes
bottom line books feed on old people, my dad has altimers and dementia .Everytime he receives a book i return them marked " refused ". I have wrote the company and asked them to stop sending books, but they keep coming.It gets very frustrating trying to stop these bloodsuckers from praying on the elderly.
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   WHOEVER 0 Votes
Bottom LineBooks is a SCAM. The people affected need to file a complaint with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN THEIR COMMUNITY AND WITH THE STATE OF IOWA.

If your local TV news has a scam alert please call and them with all the information, your complaint and the e-mail address to this so called company.

If everyone affected by this scam with unsatisfactory results made a complaint they will cease to exhist.

Fed up in Arizona
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   nickfrmTx 0 Votes
look this law up, 39 USC 3009 - Sec. 3009. Mailing of unordered merchandise
i'm going to call customer service monday morning and tell them if they send me anymore then by law i don't have to return it nor enter into any legal obligation
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   fed up in PA 0 Votes
MY COMPLAINT IS THAT BOTTOM LINE BOOKS KEEP SENDING BILLS FOR "HEALTH BREAKTHROUGHS 2010". (1) I DON'T THINK IT WAS ORDERED,
(2) PERSON ON BILLS HAD PASSED AWAY BEFORE THE BOOK ARRIVED,
(3) NO PHONE NUMBER IS LISTED ON ANY OF THE INVOICES TO CALL TO SPEAK TO CUSTOMER SERVICE--"WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THERE FOR THIS COMPANY?"

After checking this site, I got an 800 number to call--1-800-678-5835, which I then got through to a representative. I informed them that the person who was on that account had passed away and I didn't know where the book was located. She made a note of it and told me that account was now closed and no money or return was due, but that it would take up to 90 days to go into effect. I complained that there was no phone listed on their invoices so I was unable to call them. She told me that they are working on that.
NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE IF ANY BILLS GO INTO COLLECTION.
FOR NOW, IT IS A WAIT AND SEE OPTION.
 4th of May, 2010 by   CanadaGuy1 0 Votes
Guys, has it ever occurred to you to get organized and file a lawsuit against these thugs for racketeering? I think it is called "class action" - lawyers love these! Just talk to one, OK?
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   sue smith 0 Votes
I received in the mail yesterday a bill from Bottom Line Books for 47.50 for a book that I never received. It said it had sent me two other bills of which I never received What is this????

3 Top Tips for Finding College Aid