logo

HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE
CONTINUTED BILLING
5. (2 hrs 5 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fake charge and they sent me wrong contact info

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

boost mobile new unlimited plan $50 month, Lubbock, Texas Complaints & Reviews - text messaging, ringtones

boost mobile new unlimited plan $50 month Contacts & Informations

boost mobile new unlimited plan $50 month

Posted:    Maricia01

text messaging, ringtones

Boost Mobile
Lubbock, Texas
I already had the umlimited by boost plan that first came out...didnt have many complaints except the price kept going up but the service worked great..no issues..I decided to get the new unlimited plan because it was cheaper at only $50 versus the $70-75 I was already paying for just unlimited talk and text. And because they no longer had the same boost unlimited phones so in order to get a new phone i had to get the new plan...well now i know why it is so much cheaper.. the service is awful...getting and recieving calls is not the problem the problem is the text messaging that is suppose to be unlimited never works it takes forever to send and recieve messages everytime i try to send or retrieve a message from my inbox it says downloading for about 3-4 minutes and then it says "unable to send transport error!" so what is the use of having unlimited messaging if it's almost impossible to send or recieve a message! And you cannot access any of the free ringtone sights because apparantly the device is not equipped to recieve ringtone downloads from these sights so your forced to pay $2.99 Per ringtone and the sight does not let you listen to the ringtone before purchasing so you just have to hope it is a good portion of the song you like and of course it's not one ringtone was maybe 25 to 30 seconds and another was all of 12 seconds...this is rediculous...if boost mobile is going to charge $2.99 per ringtone they could at least make sure that we as customers are getting our moneys worth or at the very least allow us to listen to the tone before purchasing so we know what were getting! Come on Boost Mobile get it together...I cant be the only one with these complaints!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Mar, 2009 by   ANGIE 0 Votes
I have the i776 phone for Boost Unlimited, it blows so bad.. the texts i get are like 3 hours late. && its a pain when i try 2 call someone. I wont hear anything and ill have 2 re-dial. Its works when it wants to... lol PPL BEWARE IF U GET BOOST UNLIMITED!!! PRICES ARE GREAT BUT SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!!
 7th of Mar, 2009 by   Love2sin 0 Votes
In order to send mms messages and use the Web you need to have a Boost Mobile phone. If you are using a Nextel phone with Boost Mobile service the phone needs to be programmed for Boost Mobile Messaging. Check out this site for more informative info on Messaging. www.mpswireless.com
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   Melissa Romero 0 Votes
The only thing good about Boost Mobile is the price of their monthly plan. Everything else sucks.

Like the original poster said, text messages download slow. Like dial-up slow. Sometimes they go through, other times you get the "unable to send" message.

I had problems with ringtones, too. I couldn't download off any site but the Boost Mobile site, and a lot of the ringtones wouldn't even work on my phone. I bought a $30 card just to buy some ringtones, and ended up wasting almost $15 on ringtones that wouldn't work.

The i425 phone is terrible. Don't leave it anywhere near your computer. Your screen will start going nuts and your speakers will start buzzing. Keep it away from your TV, too. Anytime I was near my TV with the phone, the TV would start acting weird.

For some reason, anytime I would call someone on the phone, I would always hear this annoying background noise. It almost sounded like whoever I was talking to was standing right next to a fan.

A minor problem I had... I couldn't find a case to fit the i425 phone. I checked so many stores and cell phone places and no one had one.
 29th of Mar, 2009 by   lookatthis 0 Votes
yeah i have the same problem. i have the i776 phone motorola its a decent phone but the texting is horrible. im in along distance realtionship and i bought this hone to text her but i never get her text i get them late or dont get them at all? he internet works good but most sights sucks and are slow toload the page. bluetooth sucks the phone doesnt even have enough memory to get a song thru bluetooth. the texting only works for me late at night like after 11 and early in the morning till like ten the rest of the day sucks horribly cause my messages come late
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   fr4nci5 0 Votes
OMG seriously??

You guys are complaining about Boost Unlimited?

Okay, first of all, every claim of yours is true, that much I can agree with. But let me clarify things here. The reason texting is so slow is unknown, but what is known is that certain phones text better then others. Older, more basic Boost phones have horrible texting capabilities. However phones like the i885 and newer have fixed that problem.

I have the new Motorola i9 and it is amazing. Texting is super fast, no more getting texts HOURS after they were sent. The call quality is amazing and what not.

The newer the phone is the better in this case because older Boost phones (essentially just re-packaged Nextel phones) we're not ment to be good at texting as Nextel has always had a high empasis on the walkie-talkie. But they have fixed that in newer models as the demand for multi-media in a walkie-talkie phone has grown.

As for the i425 - great phone, great basic walkie-talkie phone, used to have one myself. And as for the Motorola i776, I cannot say from experience cuz I've never owned one, but I hear that it's a really good phone and the texting is fast.

Lastly, as for the speaker thing, YES for some odd reason iDEN (walkie-talkie) phones have a weird reaction when close to speakers and related things. All I can say to that is to just keep your phone far from the speakers.

So please, do not diss and hate on Boost Mobile. They are the ONLY company in wireless daring enough to offer so much at such a little price compared to the bigger guys. In a time where saving money matters most, they are in the lead. Please just know the facts and don't hate based on stupid things you hear. I've had Boost for almost two years now and they are amazing I love them and this Boost Unlimited plan is the greatest thing to happen in wireless.

Hope this helps,
-Francis.

email me at : francis@imtclothing.com
AIM: lastgoodguy89
Yahoo: fr4nci5
MSN: francis@imtclothing.com
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   cmoney727 0 Votes
i have had no problem with my i776 or the $50 unlimited plan. i am very happy with the service. and for the texts taking to long to download. go into the messaging folder, hit the menu button, go to set up and set the download for automatic instead of manual
 7th of Apr, 2009 by   jxxdxxn 0 Votes
I signed up for the 50 dollar a month Boost unlimited plan and bought the i776 two weeks ago. After several hours on the phone with tech support over getting my web browser to work, I love the service that I get for the money. Sure you find yourself in dead spots sometimes but all carriers have them. I have not had one problem with text being late or not getting them any time. I have only one issue with the phone that I was able to work around, it needs an dedicated alarm. other than that I still give it a 10 for the money. It is about time some one cut the prices to a point that they are giving us a fair shake with out sticking it to us. Thanks Boost

J.Nolan
 7th of Apr, 2009 by   ~Valerie~ 0 Votes
Is it true every month, you have to buy the new cards(or the minutes for your phone); At the same store you bought the phone from ? .. Thanks, ~Valerie~
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Will 0 Votes
I too am expierencing almost all of the symptons that the first couple of posters had posted. The long delays in text messages to where you might not even get them. That is pretty hard for me cause noe one even calls me anymore I am amongst the text generation so I have been looking for new providers. I have also sent boost mobile a email with a link to this thread in mind so they can see that people from all over with all different types of phones are expiencing this. I personally have the i776 which at the time I bought it was the highest end phone they had to offer. Right now I am stuck in trying to decide wither to give the moto i9 a shot and see if that magically solves all my problems or if this is trully service related ( at least in my area ) and just switch providers to a more reliable network. In my case I did pay for what a got 50 bucks a month for unlimited EVERYTHING is just to good to be true at this present time.

-Will
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   John 0 Votes
I just got the i776 6 days ago and it was a mystery bewteen my friends and i as to why they weren't getting my text messages or they would get them at 2:30 am not the time that i sent them which would have been 3 hours earlier . You wouldn't believe this but I even got a text 2 days later from a friend? I understand that this is a service that is cheap but would you buy a cheap car that started when it wanted to? Boost is probably aware of this issue, but they should of not included unlimited text messaging if the system is faulty it will create a backlash of customer opinion "Ok Service at a Cheap price" shouldnt be their motto. They should listen to customer opinion especially in forums and blogs since its free Input from the customer base.

50.00 plan unlimited
1 Free local and long Distance calling works ok
2 Unlimited Texting unreliable service needs to be addressed by boost right away I am paying for unlimited texting make it work correctly!
3 Unlimited internet way to slow almost not being worth it.
4 Boost Loosen the control freak attitude with the phones we bought them we should have the right to download or install anything we want, ringtones or app and such. the phones are not for rent we buy them we own them to do what we want. If boost comes out with a ringtone or a cool app that i can only get from them, then ill get from them but they should have a monopoly over where I can get them from.

John
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   ktauras 0 Votes
WOW! I'm so glad I read this before a I made the mistake of joining this service. Thanks You for taking the time to inform others. Ktauras
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   biancaishere 0 Votes
At first, I got my texts just when people sent them then, they started coming in really late (about 4-5 hours late) but I thought, "hey, just a minor glitch..." But now, I can't send any texts or recieve them. Umm yeah this sucks. Big time. :(
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   josh 0 Votes
hmmm... I got the i9 phone and it SUCKED! I mean wow, the display, buttons, and such were beautiful but what good is that if you have to wait 4-5 hours to send or receive a text message?! I called boost and they gave me some honest info. The gentleman informed me flat out when they introduced the new 50.00 unlimited plan they were not prepared for all of the new customers and as a result this overloaded their servers. He said just hang in there 3 to 4 months until we have it all worked out. So $300 dollars later for the phone and $50 later for the service, i'm screwed! Thanks BOOST!!! I'm going back to Cricket.
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   seattlechick 0 Votes
wishing I would have seen this before i switched to the boost service. I have been cutting back on bills in this economy to put more into savings and thought hey here is a good way. I hate the phone and the service is crap. I am mostly upset at paying $100 for a phone that I cant download anything to except from them.

horrible reception now during the day at work my cell phone doesn't get any reception!!! and all my people are left saying "WHERE YOU AT"
 1st of May, 2009 by   whatever 0 Votes
I had boost when it came out before, and I freaking loved it!!
I mean, yeah I was kinda upset the walkie talkie feature wasn't included because everybody uses it where I live but the service was great.
I got it this second time around for the walkie talkie and it sucks!!!
I can barely make any phone calls, when I try I dont even hear a ring, then it tells me I dialed the wrong number I need to use area code but I always do or it'll tell me the servers busy.
Text messaging takes FOREVER!!!
I sent my brother one who was sitting RIGHT next to me ( only to test it ) and it took over an hour for him to get it.
And dont get me started on how cheap these bastards are!!!
NO FREE RINGTONES!! Any way possible and trust me I've tried everything!!!
Nothing works, They want every penny they can get out of people!!!
Its ridiculous.
I HATE IT!!!
and the whole "$50" it still comes out to $53 something, so your spending $55 a month because you cant pay the exact amount.
I MISS MY METRO PCS NOW!!! Can't wait til they make it up this way, I'll be done with this shit very soon!!!
-An angry customer
 2nd of May, 2009 by   james 0 Votes
you guys are retarded its a phone for fifty dollars a month...that means no paying for min no paying for text yes they are slow but still free...no paying to use the web...and yes i think boost should charge for ringtones i mean they are basicly giving you a house phone to strap on and carry around...i know that money is tight now a days but you switched to save money why are you spending it all on ringtones anyway? just enjoy what you have and listen to nextel they said give it a couple of months they are updating the servers and once they do that your phones will probably get texts faster and phone calls wont be droped as much look give it some time boost took a huge risk here give them credit you wanted unlimited cheap here it is!!!
 5th of May, 2009 by   Angelica337 0 Votes
I see people talk about getting texts 3 or 4 hours late, eh, 25223 that's nothing. Sometimes my fiance' texts my email address and it doesn't come through until the next day!
 6th of May, 2009 by   HappywithBoost 0 Votes
I just bought the i425 phone, my husband and I both have one now. The service is what it is. You can make and recieve calls as much as you want for $50 a month. Seriously? Find another go phone or contract phone that lets you do just that for ONLY $50 a month. But to make it even better they let you text, walkie talkie, and use the web as much as you want and include it in $50 a month?! NO ONE is that cheap. Stop complaining. You can't get any cell service for that from ANYONE other than them. I just had it out with Net 10. We were supposed to have unlimited for $79.99 a month... after taxes and fees and shit it was $86.38 a month. Far worse than the extra $3 you pay for taxes with Boost. Net 10 wouldn't let me transfer the unlimited service to a new phone either ended up taking $86 and some change out within two days of the begining of the new month. And we didn't get the walkie talkie and web! So STFU already and be grateful for what you have... a phone that does exactly what Andrew Graham Bell made it to do... MAKE AND RECIEVE CALLS! lol Freakin' ungrateful people! You don't like it, get rid of it and deal with a company that will charge far more and when you have to call to argue with them about something you get someone in India!
 22nd of May, 2009 by   BOOST IS WACK 0 Votes
I WAS SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS PLAN BUT WHEN I ORDERED MAH I776W THE FIRST DAY IT WAS TERRIBLE. THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS GOOD IS TEXT CHIRP WEB. THE PHONE PART SUCKS TERRIBLE. EVERYTIME IM ON DA PHONE IT HANGS UP I HAVE TO KEEP CALLING PEOPLE BACK IT IS SO FRUSTATED. I PAYED 100 DOLLARS FOR DAT PHONE WHICH IS STILL CUTE BUT A HORRIBLE WASTE. I HAD A SPRINT PHONE AT DA TIME AND THOUGHT DAT INSTEAD OF PAYIN 80 DOLLARS A MONTH ON THE PLAN I HAD OR EVEN GOIN DOWN TO LIKE 60 DOLLARS STILL WASNT GOOD I WANTED CHEAPER AND LOOK WHAT HAPPEND. IM THROUGH IM GOIN BACK TO T-MOBILE DAT I HAD A COUPLE YEARS BACK BUT MOVIN TO A FLEX PAY ACCOUNT. ATLEAST I KNO MAH CALLS WONT DROP I HATE BEIN ON DA PHONE AND IT JUS HANGS UP SO NEXT MONTH BUH BYE BOOST HEYLO T-MOBILE MYFAVES LOL.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   boostsucks 0 Votes
I've had boost for a few months now and it's pretty nice being so cheap but the service is slow and annoying.
I have the i425. DO NOT get this fucking phone it is a peice of garbage. Texts don't come in for days sometimes and there's a lot of places where you don't get service. It's extremely frustrating. Boost needs to hurry up and get their shit together.

Things You Should Never Buy New