logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
DRI*Trend Micro orderfind.com MN
double billed on credit card
3. (30 mins ago)

Posted:    debbi

CHARGING ME AFTER CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP

Phone: ?
BOMC2.COM
I WAS A MEMBER BOUGHT ABOUT 0 BOOKS BUT STOPPED WANTED TO CANCEL WRTE SEVERAL TIMES AND TOOK MY INFORMATION OFF MY ACCOUNT AND TRIED TO CONTACT THEM BUT ODD ENOUGH NO WHERE IS THERE A NUMBER FOR THEM I EVEN CONTACTED MY BANK ASKED FOR A NUMBER OF THE COMPANY FILED A COMPLAINT BECAUSE THEY CONTINUE TO TAKE OUT 9.95 EVERY MONTH EVEN WHEN I TOOK MY INFO BACK WHICH OBVIOUSLY IS STORED EVEN AFTER ERASING BUT WHEN E-MAILING ME AFTER I WROTE 57 TIMES IN A ROW BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD RETURN AN E-MAIL THEY ASSURED ME MY ACCOUNT WAS CANCELLED SO I WILL SEND THIS TO THE BANK! SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Apr, 2009 by   terry stancer 0 Votes
I have been trying for over an hour now to contact customer service for bomc2. I '"m having trouble signing in. I changed my sign in and password info maybe a couple of months ago. I want to check my list, also order a couple of books for a family member. sign in info, terry stancer, password, bellagirl. Please check for me and e-mail at dee_stancer@hotmail.com. Thanks!
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   Pat Maslovich 0 Votes
I too am trying to cancel and cannot find contact.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   Cornado12 0 Votes
The only way I find to contact them is if you put in the wrong passwords on purpose to get a phone number to pop up and then you can call and talk to someone but then you get the run around from them once in awhile to. They all say different things. I am trying to cancel my account to and was told I could not get the money back for all the books i did not order but to just add more books to my list and call them to have them sent to me until I catch up. Then cancel my account. I have a letter saying they cancelled it but now I cant even go to the web page to even see if its cancelled or not. Kinda strange if you ask me. They better not still be charging me since I have paid to them for over a year now.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   Cornado12 0 Votes
Buy Beware!
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   Mary Searles 0 Votes
Can't even get ahold of their e-mail I canceled one time and after that I can't seem to
get ahold of them for anything. I asked for a confirmation and they never sent me one.
Don't know what to do except to call Attorney General and have them work on it.
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   peter m 0 Votes

I cancelled membership after I missed the free trial cancellation deadline so I had to continue for the agreed minimum period, which I think was for three months.
I called the BOMC2 customer service number and cancelled my account. I got the name of the person I spoke to who confirmed my account was cancelled.

I called again and "cancelled" again. This was in June 2009.
Also I called the credit card company (Chase), and they reversed the charge. Since I thought this time had taken care of it, I neglected to check my statements since I hardly used the card, then today (November) I looked, and there again was a BOMC2 charge for $9.95.
09/01 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95 (plus one in October)

06/18 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA -9.95 -< 06/18 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95

Now I was livid and I called Chase again, as I realize it's useless calling those crooks at BOMC2. Chase is going to cancel my account and issue me a new card, and reverse the disputed charges.

Next I wll contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them, if it will do any good.

"Contact Us

Customer service is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
E-mail us at customer.service@bomc2.com or call 717-918-1069. Your satisfaction is important to us." [RIIIIGHT!!!]
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   peter m 0 Votes

I called again and "cancelled" again. This was in June 2009.
09/01 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95 (plus one in October)Early in 2009, I joined Book Of The Month, also known as BOMC2 on credit card bills, a division or one of a number of book clubs owned by Bookspan.

I called again and "cancelled" again. This was in June 2009.
09/01 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95 (plus one in October)

29th of Mar, 2010 by   suesie4430 0 Votes
this is the email I sent and think everyone should send one simular

BOMC2

you charged my card 10.77 after and i mean a couple months after cancelling the account. Your company is listed as a scam company and I have started the proceeding to file a lawsuit.

RETURN THE MONEY YOU TOOK FROM MY ACCOUNT

You are a sorry pathetic online book club who wont even list a phone number. I have filed a complaint with theBBB and will continue to file complaints with whatever agency including the Consumer's Rights in Washington. This complaint will hit all the way tothe state senate and trust and believe that little 10.77 you stole will cost you millions

Sue Robinett
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   seanster69 +1 Votes
Check out my posting. I found out some very helpful information about ownership, CEO and address and phone numbers!
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   Carol Lennens 0 Votes
I have the phone number to cancel your books they are open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm mon. - fri. 1-717-918 1069
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   Carol Lennens 0 Votes
I have the phone number for the book if you want to cancel they are open from 8:00 am --- to 6:00 pm mon.- fri 1-717-918-1069
 17th of Nov, 2010 by   msnmissy 0 Votes
I am having the same problem...what can i do, besides close my bank account? never mind i see the phone number above, i am going to call and give them a piece of my mind! P.S. thanx for the phone # Carol!
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   mrsjennings2009 0 Votes
I actually just had trouble with it today. I changed my payment information, and they still charged the old account. So I called them today. The kid I talked to "Justin" was obviously not the brightest crayon in the box. I finally gave up and called my bank. But after the trouble I've had over something so simple, and reading this, I do believe that I will be cancelling my account.
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   Bitch who dont play 0 Votes
I have joined or ordered any books and I found this strange company on my bank statement. With no phone number just their web site, I am.contacting the FTC, BBB first thing in the morning, and I saw their phone...local for me, I will call. And they owe me bank over draft fee to top.
 4th of Sep, 2011 by   whiteknight2000 0 Votes
I am starting my discontinue today the 4th of August 2011 and from what I've read above I am not looking forward to this. I thought this was a good idea and joined the BOMC but after receiving my first book I wanted to get out right then cause it's no where near worth the 11 bucks for the book I got. The book was made really cheap and the glue was falling apart, the paper they used was recycled brown paper bag or something and very weak. I'd give them maybe 2 bucks for the book and thats being generous. Then I was sent two more books in the past two months and I didn't even open them, I wrote on the package "Return to sender" and that was that I thought. I didn't order the books in the first place but the one they sent first, they charged me for that and fine that was my fault but then when they charged me for two others I never even ordered I was done. I sent them back and never got a refund on my card yet for them, now I gotta go threw the hassle of getting my money back which isn't the big problem but I just don't want to be billed anymore. Their should be a way to cancel them from being able to charge my credit card but I don't know how to find it, to bad it isn't threw pay pal, they made it easy to cancel payment to a company I had issues with. Its just to easy to get caught up in something online, it sounds so great at the time until you receive the item then its down hill from their.
 29th of Apr, 2012 by   pot 0 Votes
I slao tried to cancel but of no use. I am tried of being charged for something I don't use and don't want. What a brunch of Crooks like one of the other complaints . I dont order books or whatever on line so please stop billing a service I don't use. Please stop belling me.
I cancel this in the beginning and i see I am still being charge.
 29th of Apr, 2012 by   pot 0 Votes
Please cancel this I am very very angry no matter what I do you won't cancel. This wrong. I am so sick of dealing I have never order anything from from bomc and I don't being charge for something I don't use and don't intend on using ever, Your website or whatever this is a BIG FAT SCAM. SO PLEASECANCEL THIS. Why wasn't the cancel last year when I told them to cancel.
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   StanDP 0 Votes
they are in desperation milking any and all accounts they can right now they took 204 from my account 9.99$ twice as did REDBOX Disc Kiosk, so watch both of these wormy companies don't do business with them they are out to take every dollar they can... Peace and www.bbb.com and my credit union know about this now also... What a hassle... asswipes anyway, royal buttnugs they will be imprisoned quite soon i can foresee That coming up.
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   StanDP 0 Votes
death and ETERNAL IMPRISONMENT FOR: BOMC ( BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB.COM) AND ALSO TOO REDBOX DISC KIOSKS THEY BOTH TAKE MONEY MANY MANY MONTHS AFTER DOING ANY SORT OF BUSINESS AT ALL WITH THEM EVEN WHEN I DID NOT OPEN THE BOOKS AND RETURNED THEM IMMEDIATELY SAME WITH REDBOX DISCS, THIS IS IMPRISONMENT BEHAVIOR TO SAY THE LEAST, USE MY CREDIT CARD A YEAR OR 3 MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD, BOY THEY NEED REPRIMANDED BIGTIME, THEIR UPANDCOMINGS IS DUE VERY VERY SOON, NO WORRIES, THEIR TOASTED OATS FOLKS.
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   StanDP 0 Votes
[Account: S1 - Transaction: 06/04/2012?-?DEBIT PURCHASE BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 215624000722 VBASE2 Jun 4 @ 12:45am - Amount: $ -9.95 - Balance: $ 25.67]

hEAPS AND HEAPS of people are getting charged by BOMC Book of the Month Club .com and i want reimbursed all the money's they have taken out of my account, they know what their doing, and it continues, Put a stop on this company from my account, i had an account many many months ago with them, and sent every book back unopened returned same as recieved. I have also rented from REDBOX Disc kiosk over at fred meyer, which nailed me with a good size late fee for being a day late then charging me more than they should have, However I DID NOT and have not rented any redbox discs from any kiosk in a few months now, so I want a refund, and by all means don't allow any more charges to my account from these money mongering two companies, they are out for all 1$'s they can get they should be imprisoned. Thanks and let me know soon, as I need the funds back in my account. thanks.

p.s. just have a look at one link where folks are having the same issue with BOMC...

Should the Rich Pay Higher Taxes?

Latest Groups