Posted:

CHARGING ME AFTER CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP

4.25
Phone: ?
BOMC2.COM
I WAS A MEMBER BOUGHT ABOUT 0 BOOKS BUT STOPPED WANTED TO CANCEL WRTE SEVERAL TIMES AND TOOK MY INFORMATION OFF MY ACCOUNT AND TRIED TO CONTACT THEM BUT ODD ENOUGH NO WHERE IS THERE A NUMBER FOR THEM I EVEN CONTACTED MY BANK ASKED FOR A NUMBER OF THE COMPANY FILED A COMPLAINT BECAUSE THEY CONTINUE TO TAKE OUT 9.95 EVERY MONTH EVEN WHEN I TOOK MY INFO BACK WHICH OBVIOUSLY IS STORED EVEN AFTER ERASING BUT WHEN E-MAILING ME AFTER I WROTE 57 TIMES IN A ROW BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD RETURN AN E-MAIL THEY ASSURED ME MY ACCOUNT WAS CANCELLED SO I WILL SEND THIS TO THE BANK! SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Complaint comments Comments (32) Complaint country United States Complaint category Books

Comments

21st of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have been trying for over an hour now to contact customer service for bomc2. I '"m having trouble signing in. I changed my sign in and password info maybe a couple of months ago. I want to check my list, also order a couple of books for a family member. sign in info, terry stancer, password, bellagirl. Please check for me and e-mail at dee_stancer@hotmail.com. Thanks!
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

BOMC2.COM - took money from my account
BOMC2.COM

I checked my bank account and low and behold, Bomc2.com charged my account. I had an account with double day books a while back and canceled. Now all of a sudden without me ordering anything I am being charged 9.95 for something I did not order. I will take this up with my bank.
 14th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too am trying to cancel and cannot find contact.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
The only way I find to contact them is if you put in the wrong passwords on purpose to get a phone number to pop up and then you can call and talk to someone but then you get the run around from them once in awhile to. They all say different things. I am trying to cancel my account to and was told I could not get the money back for all the books i did not order but to just add more books to my list and call them to have them sent to me until I catch up. Then cancel my account. I have a letter saying they cancelled it but now I cant even go to the web page to even see if its cancelled or not. Kinda strange if you ask me. They better not still be charging me since I have paid to them for over a year now.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Buy Beware!
 8th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Can't even get ahold of their e-mail I canceled one time and after that I can't seem to
get ahold of them for anything. I asked for a confirmation and they never sent me one.
Don't know what to do except to call Attorney General and have them work on it.
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

I cancelled membership after I missed the free trial cancellation deadline so I had to continue for the agreed minimum period, which I think was for three months.
I called the BOMC2 customer service number and cancelled my account. I got the name of the person I spoke to who confirmed my account was cancelled.
Next month another $9.95 charge appeared on my credit card.

I called again and "cancelled" again. This was in June 2009.
Also I called the credit card company (Chase), and they reversed the charge. Since I thought this time had taken care of it, I neglected to check my statements since I hardly used the card, then today (November) I looked, and there again was a BOMC2 charge for $9.95.
09/01 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95 (plus one in October)Early in 2009, I joined Book Of The Month, also known as BOMC2 on credit card bills, a division or one of a number of book clubs owned by Bookspan.

Next month another $9.95 charge appeared on my credit card.

I called again and "cancelled" again. This was in June 2009.
09/01 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95 (plus one in October)
07/31 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95

It is now November and the charge reversal was in June!
06/18 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA -9.95 -< 06/18 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95

Now I was livid and I called Chase again, as I realize it's useless calling those crooks at BOMC2. Chase is going to cancel my account and issue me a new card, and reverse the disputed charges.

Next I wll contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them, if it will do any good.

From BOMC website:

"Contact Us

Customer service is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
E-mail us at customer.service@bomc2.com or call 717-918-1069. Your satisfaction is important to us." [RIIIIGHT!!!]
07/31 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95

It is now November and the charge reversal was in June!
06/18 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA -9.95 -< 06/18 BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.COM PA 9.95

From BOMC website:

"Contact Us

29th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
this is the email I sent and think everyone should send one simular

BOMC2

you charged my card 10.77 after and i mean a couple months after cancelling the account. Your company is listed as a scam company and I have started the proceeding to file a lawsuit.

RETURN THE MONEY YOU TOOK FROM MY ACCOUNT

You are a sorry pathetic online book club who wont even list a phone number. I have filed a complaint with theBBB and will continue to file complaints with whatever agency including the Consumer's Rights in Washington. This complaint will hit all the way tothe state senate and trust and believe that little 10.77 you stole will cost you millions

Sue Robinett
 11th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I had charges from BOMC2 CS@BOMC2.CO PA $10.55 on my account and I NEVER even joined a book club, or received any books! Here is some info that may help you.er

Phone Number: 717-918-1069

Web Site: http://www.bomc2.com/pages/havePatience/message_C_1.jsp

I contacted them and asked to talk to a supervisor, they told me they would credit all unauthorized charges to my account. I also contacted my bank with all the information and filed a fraud report to the bank. I have to wait a few days to see if my account actually gets credited. I also canceled my bank card which cost me $7.50, but I do not want to chance these people ripping me off again!

I hope this helps someone out there!!!
 19th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

BOMC2.COM - they keep debiting my account since feb 2010
CS@BOMC2.COM

I canceled after they charged me 12.95 for one book, I did not even join this club, it was part of offer for free notebook computer, I didnt even do the requirements and this bomc2. com keeps debiting my account for 9.95, they cant take any money it is on a debit card, but what crooks they keep trying to rip people off, you cant even get a hold of anybody of this company in a hotel suite somewhere in timbuck too
 30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Yes that they are! they seem to think that they can charge me sales tax on an item that comes from another state. In Illinois we are not taxed on items that come from out of state. Why they think that they can do this when all other book clubs I belong to I don't know!! I mentioned this to them and they indicated that it is because of a law that was passed in 2009. Again, any item I purchase outside of Illinois is not subject to sales tax but they keep charging me that!!

So yes, they are crooks!!

BOMC2.COM - Interstate Tax to Non-state Customers
BOMC2.com
501 Franklin Ave
Garden City
New York
Phone: 516-490-4561
booksonline.com

This book club has charged me sales tax since I joined. The problem is that if the company is not based in Illinois, which they are not, then they can not charge me (an Illinoisan) sales tax for an item that is being procured from the web and from another state (NY). Further, the tax they are charging is not even the State of Illinois tax or the city of Chicago. They seem to be assessing a 6.25% tax.

I have written them via their website. On my first request, from Vinnie, I was sent a copy of the welcome letter, setting forth the membership terms.

I replied back and was told by Anne, " We are legally required to collect a sales tax on all products sold to resident members of your state. The tax charge is calculated on the item price plus the shipping and processing costs incurred in processing your order."

My response to them was that they are the only out of state company and the only book club that is passing on a tax to me. I asked them to provide the legislation that indicates specifically that BOMC2 is required to tax Illinoisans.

They are crooks and their answers are just off the wall. There are no shipping and handling charges, so this agent doesn't even know her accounting practices and offerings!

I did research and I found out that this company is owned by Bookspan, that also owns www.Booksonline.com. They are based out of NY and the President and CEO is Deborah (Debi) I. Fine. I have listed the owning company's address and phone numbers in this complaint.

So beware of this book club!!
 30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Check out my posting. I found out some very helpful information about ownership, CEO and address and phone numbers!
 7th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I received a book & never joined.They are telling me I have to purchase 3 more books for joining.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have the phone number to cancel your books they are open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm mon. - fri. 1-717-918 1069
 14th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have the phone number for the book if you want to cancel they are open from 8:00 am --- to 6:00 pm mon.- fri 1-717-918-1069
 17th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
i ordered 1 book and recieved it and since then i sent 2 books back not ordered but u have charged my acc for past 4 months and i want it taken of 10.87 a month. cancel... i dont want ure books and i want my money put back in my account. thank u Barbara Chamberlain 2469216kpooldk8oq is reference number
 17th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
above comment
 17th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am having the same problem...what can i do, besides close my bank account? never mind i see the phone number above, i am going to call and give them a piece of my mind! P.S. thanx for the phone # Carol!
 9th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I actually just had trouble with it today. I changed my payment information, and they still charged the old account. So I called them today. The kid I talked to "Justin" was obviously not the brightest crayon in the box. I finally gave up and called my bank. But after the trouble I've had over something so simple, and reading this, I do believe that I will be cancelling my account.

Contact Us