logo

Unexplained credit card payment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bodyplex, Athens, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - Members rip-off!

Body Plex Inc. Contacts & Informations

Bodyplex

Posted:    Valerie

Members rip-off!

Bodyplex
Athens, Georgia
bodyplex.com
I just went to work out at Bodyplex Athens, GA. I have been a member there for over 2 years. The first thing I find out is they have suddenly sold their business or run away from their business as the case may be. While standing at the desk with the unfriendly, defensive and uncoopoerative employees, who by the way seem as panicked and scared as the members, I overhear a member asking if they will still get their $19/month dues rate.

Sounds like no big deal right? Sounds like a great deal right? WRONG! Myself and all the other long time loyal members have been paying $35+ per month. So if you've been around they rip you off if you walk in the door for the first time they give you have price. Apparently this horrible strategy of running a business isn't working. The club is filthy, poorly run and the equipment is broken constantly. Now the owner is running for the hills and selling out. I asked to have my dues lowered to the current rates (I am month to month) they said they would if I signed a 3 year contract!!! Anyone signing a contract with this unstable, poorly run and apparently failing business is making a big mistake.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of May, 2009 by   nowayjose +30 Votes
The new owners of Bodyplex Athens are interested in making a quick buck.. and nothing else. From an employee standpoint, I can honestly say corners are cut in EVERY way, and the conduct of the employees and owners is highly inappropriate. The Bodyplex fitness center is Grayson is the complete opposite. Every employee is friendly and knowledgeable, and make you secure in your decision to hand over "x" amount of money per month. The managers and owners take time each day to check equipment and make sure it is a clean, safe environment for the members. This is not the case at the Bodyplex of Athens. Do not waste your time or money on that poorly run business in Athens. The Omni is more expensive than Bodyplex, but worth not having to deal with the ignorant and highly arrogant employees of Athens Bodyplex.
 7th of May, 2009 by   Fatz Domino +34 Votes
Totally agree! The old owners were desperate to compete with Omni in Athens but they did go about it in the most honorable way possible. These new people seem to be willing to do anything, no matter how dirty, to try and compete. I noticed the second Omni announced their new location in Athens the new owners lost their minds and things started getting out of hand. Lying about upgrades, lying about opening a new club, etc..., etc...
 19th of May, 2009 by   Falco7 +34 Votes
Is it true that if you agree to a 3 year contract, the cost is $19? Are ther other ways of getting the monthly cost lowered?
 28th of May, 2009 by   feedup +41 Votes
The owner at BodyPlex Suwanee refuse to let you sign anything other than a year contract. Their customer service is poor, machines are constantly broken, and their answer is to simply put an "out of order" sign on it. Their membership rates are almost twice as high as every other gym with nothing to offer. The front desk staff is underaged and under experienced.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   dontjoinhere +41 Votes
Bodyplex Grayson is not any better than Athens. The gym is ran by kids! There is never anyone there thays over the age of 25. They are only concerned with talking, running around the gym, goofing off with their co-workers. Good Luck if you need any help or want to buy a bottle of water, they are always sitting on the couch in the lobby. There membership rates change with each person at Grayson as well.
My friends and I switched to another gym where we are treated well by the staff and we all pay the same low rate without a contract.
 11th of Aug, 2009 by   XXL ONE +41 Votes
This gym is falling fast! It seemed to be so good a year ago, but the customer service has vanished. There are many times I need to stand at the front desk for over 10 minutes just to BUY a water! The front desk staff seems to be irritated they had to leave their facebook page just to help out a member. Believe me, do your research. For the money that BodyPlex Grayson charges the customer service should be top of the line. Yeah, LMAO!
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   nomoretears  Best Advice +43 Votes
Couldn't agree with you more. The staff is extremely rude. I cancelled this month and they informed me that I have to pay for two more months, even though my contracts is month to month. Also there is a maintenace fee of $40 a year, but nothing ever works. Machine are always broken, the place is dirty, they can't even keep the paper towels stocked. BodyPlex Grayson is a rip off!
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   notoplex +42 Votes
BodyPlex Grayson has to be the worst. Everytime my Husband and I go in the older blonde lady practically molest him but totally ignores me. BodyPlex is SO unprofessional. It's like a meat market. It should be called BodyPlex Bar and Grill.
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   UNOXL +41 Votes
BodyPlex Suwanee is AWFUL! It's way to small to try and cram every member in there. Oh yeah, just try and find a parking space, good luck. I always have to wait on a machine, thats if the machine isn't broken. The staff is extremely rude and only interested in what's best for them not the member. It's impossible to cancel from this place, one you join it seems like you will be charged forever! I joined a gym down the street, the prices are half that of BodyPlex and they are happy to have me as a member. They bent over backwards to make the members feel appreciated.
 27th of Aug, 2009 by   XXL ONE +39 Votes
This gym's reputation precedes itself. I have yet to find one single BodyPlex worth a darn. But they all seem to have the same basic business plan. High Prices, no service, underaged staff, broken equipment, and terrible customer service. I am surprised they are still in business. Get out while you can! This will be another gym that goes under and screws all the members in the process. Just say NO TO BODYPLEX!
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   theworstIeverhad +38 Votes
The BodyPlex gym in Grayson is the worst gym I have every been a member of. The staff is the worst, it's not that the gym is to bad, but the staff is so awful it makes it feel like your in a dump. You can't ever get any help. I have seen the trainers doing stuff with people that looks like they are going to end up in traction a week later, WATCH OUT!
 19th of Sep, 2009 by   Nowhining -5 Votes
Try the Bodyplex in Buford. They are super-friendly and the gym is the cleanest I've ever been in. The new owners are honest and appreciate your business.
 26th of Sep, 2009 by   alldaywhining +34 Votes
OMG, BodyPlex Buford is terrible!!! I will have to say the gym is clean but you really don't feel comfortable fitting in unless you have an AARP card. This gym is like the living dead. No atmosphere, very clean but absolutely no motivation! Cancelled my membership after 7 days. If your serious about fitness and results-don't go here.
 27th of Sep, 2009 by   krobar57 -1 Votes
I must workout at the other Body Plex in Grayson.
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   GCPD +32 Votes
Dude, none of em are good! Owners are crooks!
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   youstinkBP +36 Votes
I agree!!! BodyPlex just doesn't give a damn! Once they get your money they forget about you. Once upon a time, BodyPlex was a decent place to workout, now when you walk in they try to SELL YOU EVERYTHING! Buy a membership and then add on for tanning, a mandatory maintenance fee, personal training, internet, crappy bootcamp classes. Note to BodyPlex, if you're gonna run a bootcamp, make it a good one. If I wanted to workout in the mud in front of your gym I would do it in my backyard. Half the trainers aren't certified and barely out of high school. The front desk staff is the worst of any gym I've seen, practically NO adults running the place. I personally met the owner one time and he was just to cool for school.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   VSciukas +37 Votes
Bodyplex in Oakwood just closed doors over night. Website says that we can go to Buford or Gainesville; however when I call them they say that you have to re-sign up with them. They seemed to be in a panic at their gyms; quickly giving me the number to stop my auto draft from ABC Financial. I called ABC and they stopped the billing but told me they could not give me a refund for October’s dues and the annual upgrade fee I just paid on the 10th. I am stuck trying to get a hold of Bodyplex. I should have never left Gold’s…!
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   XXL ONE +34 Votes
BodyPlex will soon go out of business. Every franchise is ran differently, and you can't do that is business. Your membership fees should be standard across the board. Go to Suwanee and they are $49, Grayson is $42, Buford is $10! Come on guys! I am surprised they have been in the business as long as they have. Probably because when they originally built each gym, no competition was around for people to go to. Be a smart consumer and shop around. Look at how nasty each BodyPlex is, look at their staff, and most importantly-do they care about you and your results or are they just gonna take your money and one day shut the door!
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   bpgrayson fan -4 Votes
I just found this site and I can't believe the comments about BodyPlex Grayson. I have worked out there for a year and its the best gym I've ever been to. Their customer service is the best! Their staff is always so happy and friendly...I just don't get what you guys could possibly be talking about.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   ethicalhit -1 Votes
Sounds like you should just go find a new gym!

Saving on Holiday Shopping