Bmw Automobile Company Uk

Posted:

Fake lottery winning notification!

4.75
Received an e-mail claiming to be from the BMW Group, stating:

From: "we31 sf" <we31sf@hotmail.com>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
CC:
Subject: !!!CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE OUR STAR PRIZE WINNER FOR 2007!!!
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:10:49 +0200

THE INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS
PROMOTION DEPARTMENT OF
Reference Number: BMW:2551256003/23

!!!CONGRATULATION YOU ARE A WINNER!!!

The Board of Directors, members of staff and the International Awareness Promotion Department of the BMW Automobile Company, wishes to congratulate you on your success as the STAR PRIZE WINNER in this years' BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion (IAP) in London, England. This makes you the proud owner of a brand new BMW 5 Series, M Sport Saloon car and a cash prize of £1, 000, 000 00 (One Million Great British pounds). The car comes with a special BMW Insurance Cover for one whole year, that is, till the next promotion in 2008. It also comes with a one year warranty and FREE repairs at any BMWAUTOMOBILE depot or service station worldwide.

DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE VEHICLE.

YEAR: 2006, MODEL: 550i M Sport Saloon.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our Computerized Email Selection System (C.E.S.S.) from a database of over a million email addresses from the world wide web. Each email address was attached to a ticket number and your email address with ticket number: 5647600545188 and serial number: BMWP/556543450906 was randomly selected as the star prize winner amongst other consolation prize winners.

For you to collect your prizes, kindly fill the verification form below and send it to the Claims Manager, MR.JAMES WALTER of our claims department through email, stating your receipt of this notification. He has been mandated to offer you assistance and facilitate the urgent delivery of your prizes.

Claims Manager:

11.) EMAIL ADDRESS:
12.) TICKET NUMBER:
13.) SERIAL NUMBER:
14.) PHOTO COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT

Congratulations once more, and keep trusting BMW Automobile for top quality automobiles.

Engr.ADAM SMITH

BMW AUTOMOBILE.
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.

THE BMW INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS PROMOTION
COPYRIGHT ©2007. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------... />
Never heard of anyone needing a photocopy of my passport to give me money, or a senior member of staff at a major international company having the title "Engineer", or a notification e-mail of the like being sent from a "hotmail.com" address, or the primary contact at the company being provided with a "yahoo.com" address. They aren't even trying very hard.
Complaint comments Comments (272) Complaint country Australia Complaint category Lottery Scams

Comments

13th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hi,

I have received a email. It is really Bad to hear Fradulent Emails coming on the name of BMW.This will decrease the Esteemed BMW's Reputation. Please do something to stop such mail.

And I want to say One thing,

I Love BMW Cars.

This is thr Email I received.
REFERENCE NUMBER:BMW:2551256003/23

PLEASE REPLY TO:
Mr.Thomas Hooper
DIRECT EMAIL: bmwgroup05@live.com

VERIFICATION FORM:

1.)Full Name: 2.)Current Address: 3.)Country: 4.)Age: 5.)Sex: 6.)Occupation: 7.)
Phone Number: 8.)REFERENCE NUMBER:BMW:2551256003/23

REGARDS,

ENGR.HILAIRE PICKETT
BMW AUTOMOBILE.
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.
 18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Dear Recciver,

All thease type of mail totaly froad pls i am informing u don't give any paisa to any any buddy like this mail. i have losed 3 lack 75 thousand for thease type of promotional mail but right now i did not get one paisa back to me

thanks
sameer patel
gurgaon
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
hi got number of ths type of mgs so i m not belive if we r a winner than wht they told me to pay amount .is not need to pay bt after getting our prize we can or to detucted the amount .
 24th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
i too received the same mail on 25/4/08 . i have replied them with my details .Is it possible to overcome this situation...
 6th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS FOLKS! The email was dressed up in eBay so niceley that it looked all so real. I should have noticed that there wasn't a BMW logo anywhere.

I sent the information to them (a Mr. Richard Graeber), THEN yahoo-ed the info, and found this site. Wish I had not done it, as now I am worried that they will contact the number and address that my mother lives in. I provided it as the address and number to receive the BMW 550. I hope my mother ignores it all. I will need to have a talk with her ASAP to do so, so that if and when they begin to harass her, she will know that it is a hoax.

I received the email below...

Reference Number: BMW:2551256003/23
INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS PROMOTION DEPARTMENT OF THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY in collaboration with eBay.
508, King's Road, Chelsea, London

Congratulations! You are the STAR PRIZE WINNER of this year!

The Board of Directors, members of staff and the International Awareness Promotion Department of the BMW Automobile Company in collaboration with eBay, wishes to congratulate you on your success as the STAR PRIZE WINNER of this years' BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion (IAP) held today in Madrid, Spain.

This makes you the proud owner of a brand new BMW 5 Series 550i Sport Saloon car and a cash prize of 20, 000.00 EUR (Twenty Thousand EUROS).

To collect your prize please contact our Claims Manager Richard Graeber. Please include the following information in your email:
Full Name:

EMAIL: claimsdept@bmwgroup-board.com

Regards,
MR. DANIEL SMITH
INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS PROMOTIONS,
BMW AUTOMOBILE in colaboration with eBay.
 14th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Similar email received by me.

Its all fake
 12th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too, received such an E-MAIL on June 10 th, 2008. I believe that this indeed is a fake lottery. I was stupid to believe it. Even when they replied to my E-MAIL informing me it was on the up and up. I know it was dumb to give them my address and phone number, but that was all. I would never give them any bank information or social security number. I would never do this again. From now on I will delete these kinds of E-MAILS. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I knew better than this, but the thought of winning a new car and money was nice. I could have surely used it.
 3rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
If it sounds too good to be true, then it is too good to be true. The first flag that went up was their request for personal information. After Googling "International Awareness Promotion (IAP) held in London - BMW, " I cam across this complaints board. Glad I did. I just hope others are gullible enough to fall for this illegal scam. BMW should go after these ripoffs and prosecute to the fullest.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
HI, I receied an email on 9 jun 2008 saying that i won a new BMW 5 Series, M Sport
Saloon car. i just want to check whether how am i going to claims the price ? is because i'm staying at SINGAPORE. MY REFERENCE NUMBER:BMW:2551256003/23. Pls reply whether this is only a game.

thks,
HI,

I'm Nicole From Singapore. I received email saying that i won a brand new BMW 5 Series, M Sport
Saloon car. My REFERENCE NUMBER:BMW:2551256003/23. I would like to check it out how am i going to claim the prize?

Thks,
Dear Sir,

Thks,
 18th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I got This Mail

INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS PROMOTION DEPARTMENT OF THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY
in collaboration with eBay. 508, King's Road, Chelsea, London
Congratulations! You are the STAR PRIZE WINNER of this year!

The Board of Directors, members of staff and the International Awareness

This makes you the proud owner of a brand new BMW 5 Series 550i Sport
Saloon car and a cash prize of £45, 000.00 (Fourty Five thousand Pounds
Sterling's Only).

YEAR: 2008, MODEL: 550i M Sport Saloon

To collect your prize please contact our Claims Manager Richard Gray.
Please include the following information in your email:

1.Full Name:
2.Full Address (the address where the prize will be received)
3.Status:

+44 7031 90 7562.

Regards,
Mr Daniel Smith.
INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS PROMOTIONS,
BMW AUTOMOBILE in colaboration with eBay.
 21st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Sir. i have received this mail, please check it, who are sending, if found, take some action.
the following mail is given below

THE LOTTERY DEPARTMENT BMW
Automobiles
United Kingdom

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have been selected as a winner for a cash prize of £500, 000. (Five hundred thousand Great British Pounds) and a brand new BMW 5 Series Car from International programs held on the 15th July. in London Uk.
Description of prize vehicle;

Year: 2008
Model: 530iA
Color (exterior/interior): Black Sapphire Metallic/Black Leather
Mileage: 5
Transmission: Automatic 6 Speed
Options: Cold weather package, premium package, fold down rear seats w/ski bag, am fm stereo with single in dash compact disc player.
The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection ballot system from a database of over 250, 000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which yours and nine others were selected as the winners.

The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promotional lottery is the 3rd of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public.

To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our fiduaciary claims agent for more infomation as regards procedures to claim your prize.

BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT UK
7 DOCK WAY, SEFTON BUSINESS PARK
LONDON, T40 4RT
United K
phillip donald

EMAIL bmwclaimprocess@live.com
phone number +44-704-5790-687.
================================================================

Contact him by please providing him with your secret pin code (x7pwyz2007) and your Reference Number BMW:2541236004/25.You are also advised to provide him with the under listed informations as soon as possible:

1.Name (in full):
9.Fax [optional]:
10.Email address:
11.Annual income:
==================================================================
Please you are to provide him with the above listed details as soon as possible so he can begin with the processing of your prize winnings.
Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

21st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

10.Email address:
11.Annual income:
==================================================================

24th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
This scam is still going I just recieved this email.

Reference Number: BMW:2551256003/23 Congratulations! You are the STAR PRIZE WINNER of this year!INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS PROMOTION DEPARTMENT OF THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANYin collaboration with eBay.508, King's Road, Chelsea, London The Board of Directors, members of staff and the International Awareness Promotion Department of the BMW Automobile Company in collaboration with eBay, wishes to congratulate you on your success as the STAR PRIZE WINNER of this year's BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion (IAP) held today in Madrid, Spain. This makes you the proud owner of a brand new BMW 5 Series 550i Sport Saloon car and a cash prize of £45, 000.00 (Fourty Five thousand Pounds Sterling's Only). YEAR: 2008, MODEL: 550i M Sport Saloon And A Cash Prize Of £45, 000.00 (Fourty Five thousand Pounds Sterling's Only) has been won by your email address. Your email was selected along side Five other email addresses this year by our computer ballot draw. To collect your prize please contact our Claims Manager Richard Gray. Please include the following information in your email: 1.Full Name:2.Full Address (the address where the prize will be received)3.Status:4.Occupation:5.Age:6.Sex:7.Country:8.Tel.Number Mr. Richard GrayeBay's BMW Claims DepartmentEMAIL: mrrichard_gray@hotmail.co.ukPhone: +44 7031 90 7505+44 7031 90 7562. Regards, Mr Donald Churchill, DIRECTOR OF PROMOTIONS, INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS PROMOTIONS, BMW AUTOMOBILE in colaboration with eBay.
 5th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I had received a text message in my mobile yesterday saying that "Congratulations!! Your mobile no. has won 172, 000 Pounds in the BMW MOBILE PROMO. For claims E-mail: bmwgroupuk(at)london.com and call +447045782145". After receiving this text message, I immediately called that no and someone answered the phone and spoke to me and told me to send him an e-mail to claim the following prize and did so. He too replied to me and asking me to fill up some personal details. Then I tried to browse in the net to check whether is this true and it's a scam. Then I found this site and found out that all this messages are a scam. Kindly please try to do something regarding this matter or else things are gonna get worst due to complains from the receivers. Thank you!
 10th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Please be informed that I have also received the same and in fact they have send me by Parecl by INTERNATIONAL SECURITY COMPANY THRU DIPLOMAT and I have been asked to pay GBP600 to clear the same ar New Delhi in India

Is it true shall I pay ?
 13th of Aug, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Dear Sir

We received this mail about winning a BMW car & cash.

Please inform us is it fake or real.

Your early reply would be very much appreciated

Regards

Congratulations, you have just won a brand new BMW 5 Series, M Sport
Saloon car and a cash prize of £500, 000.00 in the satellite
software email lottery. On line Sweepstakes International program held
on 2nd of Aug, 2008. Conducted by BMW LOTTERY BOARD in which
your e-mail addresses was pick randomly by software powered by the
Internet.

CONTACT OUR CLAIMS AGENT:MR.PHILIP DONALD
TEL: +447045790687
Email:bmwclaimprocess@live.com

Forward the following details to enable us clear your file for
immediate payment and delivery of your winnings:

1.Full Names:
10.Annual Income

14th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
good day
 16th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
what is this for...or just prentending

I am in reciept of your mail and i must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of the winners in this year's BMW AUTOMOBILE INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS PROMOTION 2008.

Your email address was randomly selected along with nine others from a database of over 1, 000, 000 email addresses drawn from the WORLD-WIDE-WEB. A ticket number was attached to each email address and your email address tagged ticket number: 5647600545188, serial number: BMWP/556543450906 and Reference Number: BMW:2551256003/23 emerged as the star ticket email.

Your winning prize has been verified and approved for payment by this Department.

You have therefore been approved of £1000, 000.00GBP (OneMillion British pounds). and a NEW BMW 5 SERIES 2007 MODEL CAR.

The car comes with a special BMW Insurance Cover for one whole year, that is, till the next promotion in 2009. It also comes with a one year warranty and FREE repairs at any BMW AUTOMOBILE depot or service station worldwide.

DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE VEHICLE.

YEAR: 2007, MODEL: 550i M Sport Saloon

NOTE:You must add the following below to the mail you are sending to the delivery company to speed up and authenticate delivery of your package:

Ticket Number: 5647600545188
Serial Number: BMWP/556543450906
NAME:
ADDRESS:
AMOUNT WON:
AND SCAN COPY OF INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT.

You are requested to Contact Registered Afilliate BANK company with the contact information below for further instructions on how to deliver your prize to you.

You are to contact the BANK immediately for TRANSFER of your prize.
==========================================================================

LLOYDS BANK PLC UK

E-MAIL: lloydstbcapital@accountant.com

CONTACT PERSON: LARRY SMITH (HEAD OF TRANSFER UNIT)
======================================================================

I will require a regular update on your proceedings with the delivery company as soon as you are in contact with them and you should keep your winnings confidential so as to avoid double claims. Have a nice day.

Regards.
Mr. Murphy Lee.
Claims Manager,
BMW Claims Department,
THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY, UK.

BMW of North America, LLC Logo BMW of North America, LLC