Bluegreen Resorts

Posted:

Dishonest company

Bluegreen Resorts
My husband and I went to Peigon Forge for our Blue Green presentation. First of all we had to drive for miles to get to the Vistor Center to pick up our paper work. We got our paper work and I was excited to find out we were staying at Laurel Crest. This was until we open the front door to the room. Entered into the front door to find a double bed (I'm 6' tall and my husband is 6'3) with a window for everyone that walks by to look staight in. The bedding looked like something out of a Motel 6. The bathroom was so small that we had to take turns getting dressed (only the one mirrow in the bathroom). The bedroom was so small that the DOUBLE bed was right upside the wall. Just a disappointment.

We arrived 20 min. early for our 90 min. presentation and ended up being there for 3 hours. One of the first things we were told was that BG would not pressure us into buying anything. After 6 times of my husband telling them we didn't want to buy anything we were treated to a very rude saleman who had been nice up until our last no.

We explained to the salesman at the beginning that we were disappointed in the room and this room looked nothing like the rooms in the presentation. As a matter of fact Laurel Crest was not even shown in the presentation. And it is amazing how many packages they can pull out of their hat when to begin with you only have a few to choose from.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

24th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
DON'T LET THEIR ASSOCIATION WITH BASS PRO SHOPS FOOL YOU. EXTREMELY DISHONEST. WE PURCHASED 14, 000 POINTS EVERY OTHER YEAR. LUCKY FOR US IT IS EVERY OTHER YEAR. THEY DON'T MENTION HOW ONE CAN LOSE POINTS IF THE $34.99 POINTS PROTECTION PLAN IS NOT PURCHASED WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION. THEY DON'T MENTION THAT FOR BONUS POINTS RESERVATIONS YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO MAKE THE RESERVATIONS 45 DAYS IN ADVANCE AND NOT AT ONE'S LEISURE LIKE MENTIONED IN THE SALES PITCH. THEY DON'T MENTION A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF FEES TO BE ABLE TO SAVE POINTS OR USE POINTS IN COMBINATION WITH BONUS POINTS (CASH) RESERVATIONS. EVERY TIME WE CALL OWNER ASSISTANCE WITH RESERVATIONS WE GET ANOTHER STORY OR LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO DO. DURING THE PRESENTATION IT IS DIFFICULT TO KNOW THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE TOLD OTHER WISE. IN ADDITION, THERE ARE FEES ON TOP OF FEES. IN OUR PRESENTATION WE WERE INFORMED THAT MAINTENANCE FEES FOR THE FIRST YEAR WERE COVERED AND THEN WE WERE BILLED AND WERE UNABLE TO USE OUR BENEFITS UNTIL PAID. BLUE GREEN RESORTS SCAM LIKE ALL OTHERS. AGAIN, LUCKILY WE ONLY PURCHASED EVERY OTHER YEAR. I WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT WITH BASS PRO SHOPS AS WELL!!! NOT THAT ANY OF THEM COULD CARE.
 4th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
We purchase a stay at Bluegreen's Shenandoah Resort for 3 day, 2 night vacation at the Bass Pro Shop for an amazing low fee of $150 in exchange for 1 1/2 hours of our time the sales rep promised. The first day we arrived to the hotel (Comfort Inn) as instructed at 3 p.m. We immediately called the number provided to schedule our guest tour. It was for the next day & therefore we were NOT given a guest pass & was told that we'd receive it during our tour the next day. We arrived at 8:45 a.m. and finally left the tour at 2 p.m. WITHOUT a guest pass. We listened to the sales pitch and were interested until during the final process when we had further questions. We were recommended to purchase the 6, 000 points (turned out it was every other year, so it's only 3, 000 points per year) "to get our feet wet" b/c the larger point plans were around $600 a month, plus our down payment. We were told that we could pay the low daily rate of $89 per night for additional nights needed under the Bonus Benefit. Sounded reasonable. As the process went on, we discovered out that for the first year we may NOT be able to use our points at all; however we'd have to pay a FEE of $35 to roll the points over to the next year or we'd lose them. They explained that people already have their reservations. We agree that's reasonable since people plan a head. Then, they rush over the fact that you can only book the Bonus Benefit 2 to 45 days in advance. I asked how could we plan a vacation to a popular vacation spot like New Orleans. The manager who had been so nice up until that point changed his whole demeanor and tone. He became argumentive as he pulled out a pen saying "What makes you think that New Orleans is such a popular spot" as he jotted some numbers down on paper, wrote 41 and circled it repeatedly as he said "41 that's it, only 41 people would be competing for that stay". He further indicated that for an additional low fee of $340 for the week we could stay at a property owned by RCI. I said we'd be paying monthly $200 for the timeshare & maintenance fees. AND additional hidden fees of $49 not sure what it was for and $35 to roll over points. AND we wouldn't be assured that we'd have a stay. I mean for all that money, they said we'd get about 3 nights (non peak, of course) per year and would still need to pay. He then said you need to play the system. I asked why I'd need to play the system to have a stay. He didn't answer that; however he said one way to get around it is to book with your points, then when it's within the 45 day window to use the Bonus Benefit to call and cancel the reservation with points and tell them you'd like to pay the daily rate under the Bonus Benefit. I thought for a minute and asked if we could book the room in advance with points if we didn't have enough points for the week (our $2, 400 a year ONLY gave us 2 peak night or 3 non peak nights). He said "NO, but... NOTHING IN LIFE IS GUARANTEED, NO STAY IS WITH ANYONE". We were in complete disbelief to his rude belligerent attitude towards us and our concerns. He said you can just book your 2 to 3 days in advance and request to buy the Bonus Benefit when you arrive for the additional nights. I said that we would NEVER purchase airfare for our family without a guarantee that we'd have a room. At this point, the Quality Representative that was processing our paperwork interrupted and requested that he leave so that my husband and I could discuss it in private. She apologized for his harassing, pushy, and intimidating sales approach and further indicated that he isn't to do that. I said you know the main reason I'd never do business with Bluegren is because the product is misrepresented and the sales approach is worse than any timeshare I've ever heard of. We were NOT treated with respect. Throughout the presentation staff would announce we hope you buy, but either way we leave here friends, we want you to come back. And in addition to the harassment and wasted 5 1/2 hours of our day, we were NOT given a guest pass. We did NOT have the opportunity to have the vacation promised. So, we invested $150 at the Bass Pro Shop for this opportunity, spent money for gas to get there, wasted 5 1/2 hours to get harassed and NEVER received a guest pass. After the presentation experience we went back to the hotel, paid the taxes for the room and drove home. There was NO reason to stay the night because we were NOT welcomed guests of Bluegreen. Obviously, the manager thought we didn't deserve a pass because we weren't given one. I had asked about it twice during the presentation process and was told at the conclusion of the presentation. If you're interested in a timeshare, research Bluegreen's reputation, member complaints, and Bluegreen's Points Guide (available online).

Bluegreen Resorts Logo Bluegreen Resorts