logo

adoreinfotech.com
No support provided
4. (43 mins ago)
slimfitjackets.com
Bad services and rude rep
5. (46 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Beware of them

Blue World Pools
www.blueworldpools.com
On March 28, 2008 a Blue World Pools Salesman came to our house in an attempt to sell us an above ground pool, and an expensive one at that. The Pool they had advertised was a 15x24 above ground pool for $399. (Their cheep and most undesirable)Their upgrade, a 15 by 24 began at over $25, 000, with all of their frills and gguaranties. Blue World began lowering their offer, as we kept saying no. Finally after numerous "Nos" the salesman would make a call each time back to the office and his boss (Mike) would get on the phone stating another lower offer, pressuring us to buy, that was the special for that day only. The last offer was for $10, 455 which was "at cost». After 5 hours of being pressured, and the salesman always calling the boss (Mike) when we said no, and it would start all over again him trying to convince we needed to buy. So we decided to do it. The salesman drew up the contract explaining we had 3 days to cancel. If we bought a pool from them they could take our land from us, as there was a lien on our property, (For a stinking above ground swimming pool) I felt uncomfortable, the guy didn't know a whole lot about pools, plus when I logged onto the net, afterward, looking for information about Blue World Pools, 3 items down in the search were stories about Blue World Pools "A Scam" "Rip Off" crooks who would not even pay their employees. Stories from an ex-employee who said he did not get paid anything for working for them so he quit. Said customers were tricked into signing contracts, not know what % the interest would be for ffinancing, and it was almost impossible to cancel a contract, because it required a phone returned back to the customer telling the procedure for cancelling. The contract said at the bottom that it had to be cancelled by letter (To the home office in Nevada) or telegraph. Since there is no telegraph office anywhere a telegraph could not been sent. A customer can call and call being hooked up with ext. 4 and Allen's voice mail promising a call back, which never comes. After a couple of days of trying to talk to somebody about the contract, and where to mail the letter, and will it be counted if it is postmarked within 3 business days, but always being transferred to voicemail the 3 day recession period has passed and now the company wants 30% of the pool cost to cancel, since the letter didn't reach them before the 3 day grace period. This same thing happened to us, except after 8 phone calls in the am hours of March 31, being put thru to Allen's voice mail 8 times, and being suspicious due to the info on the net, & still not receiving a call back, I put a stop payment on my $1000.00 check I had given as down payment. I also typed up a letter of cancellation on March 31, faxed Blue World Pools a Copy, but also Expressed mail to them to get it the next morning, it was postmarked at 1:00 pm on 3/31. At 4:30 on 3/31 I once again tried to call dialling for ext. 8 (which seems to be the executive side of their building) got Mike, told him that I could not get any of his employees to return a phone call to me, and he transferred me to ext. 4 which then I was told that Allen was on the phone and would call me back in 30 minutes. Here it is 12 days later and I am still waiting. But I did get the upper hand, I stopped payment, expressed the cancellation letter to them, and faxed a copy as well. Even then the check, that was stopped payment was still cashed by them at their bank, and cleared my bank in a deposit on April 4th. I called last Monday, April 7th, getting the run around from 2 men at extension 8, once again being transferred to Allen's voicemail. I called straight back and asked if our contract had been cancelled, Kathleen there said it had. I told her that they had cashed a check even being notified that the contract was cancelled, instead of sending it back to me. She said they would refund me the money back, but I told her my bank had already sent it back to them, that it was of no value. I agree with the other customers that this pool company makes it almost impossible to cancel a contract, and tries to get your money. One of the other poor souls was still fighting trying to get his down payment back. My bank helped me but it cost $36 stop payment fee. Guess I got lucky, I have learned my lesson. If looking to purchase a big item from a company on the net ...CHECK IT OUT first...And don't trust Blue World Pools!!!
Comments United States Pool & Bath Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Apr, 2008 by   Peter 0 Votes
I cancelled my presentation appointment due to these stories and rippoffreport.com-----It looks and sounds like a Don Le Pree scam. If it's too good to be true, It always is. A pool 15X24 isn't $399. I'm going with a F.I.M. stores.com pool instead.Or Coast to Coast pool.
 5th of May, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
Thanks for the advise. I cancelled my appointment. I have read that they are now being investigated by different agencies and are begining to advertised in new areas and states...
 29th of May, 2008 by   Anthony 0 Votes
I had the blueworld sales guy at my house and I went and got my laptop when he kept pushing me and offering me a "show pool" special as well as "employee pricing" and showed him this post. I asked him about it, he said that was just one person, no big deal, than i showed him the hundreds of Google results. He got mad and said fine, i didnt want to sell it to you anyway and stomped off. didnt even bother closing the door on the way out...

The most wise piece of advice I have ever heard is that if they cant wait until tomorrow, than there is no reason to buy it today...
 11th of Jun, 2008 by   James Smith 0 Votes
I have just purchased a blue world pool. I was promised it would be set up before June 11 it is now june 11 and i still don't have my pool. They told me they orderd the wrong one and tried to get me to pay extra for the upgraded pool. I wish i would have seen all the info that i have found before i bouhgt the pool. I can't get anyone to return my phone calls thier if anyone has a suggestion on what i should do please e-mail me at jk4smith@yahoo.com I did the show pool and everything i thought i got it at a pretty good price it was 8, 000. I have already paid for it and everything i am just waiting on delivery. These pepole are starting to really piss me off.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
DID you pay on a credit card??? You can still cancel and buy somewhere else.. more honest...
 16th of Jun, 2008 by   Paul 0 Votes
I went to a sales training class for these clowns, out of ten recruits, two had the good sense to leave before the training was over, two that I contacted quit before going out on an appointment. I was an idiot for runing leads for a week before I saw this for what it is. I wouldn't stick my worst enemy with one of these deals. They double charged my credit card for the sales kit at $150.00 a pop. I sent it back, and still have not got my money back. I can't understand how they can stay in business.
 30th of Jun, 2008 by   Kim Merryman 0 Votes
My family has been looking into swimming pools for the last several months.

A friend of ours saw an ad on TV for Blue World Pools and jotted down the number for us to call. I called them on the weekend and the operator said that they would have a sales person call us back the next day.

We waited for the call but never got one so I called again on Sunday afternoon and spoke in length to the sales person. He was very nice and seeing how I also work for a company that takes centralized calls and issues work orders across the company I explained to him that we understood Blue World Pools operations to a degree and to please note that this was a for sure sale if he just would get the tech/site survey guy out ASAP. The gentleman stated that because they only had one sales rep working the entire state I live in the earliest someone could get out to our home due to geography was the following Friday evening so we set it up. He stated that we would receive a confirmation call within 24 hours and then the sales rep would call us again 1 hour before the appointment to confirm we were home..we said no problem.

Thursday came and went with no call. Friday evening we canceled our plans and still no call and no show. Saturday morning I started trying to contact the company regarding the issue. After 25 calls I finally got through to a very nice young woman in the service department. I explained to her that our sales rep didn't show for our appointment. She told me that he didn't show because it wasn't for that Friday but instead for the following Friday. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she first tried to say that there were no supervisors at the company at all. Then when I said that it was rediculous that there wouldn't be anyone there except general employees she transferred the call to someone by the name of "Mike" that introduced himself as the general manager of the entire facility. He told me that all the operators are instructed to state that no supervisors or managers are available until after 1 or 2 p.m. because they are busy completing reports until then. I told him it would be more professional if they just stated that they were busy and would call the customers back as soon as possible and then I had a very long conversation with this gentleman regarding my concern that I didn't receive a call or anything - with him once again stating that the original gentleman was new, that he had messed up and would be further trained, that the appointment wasn't even logged into the system until the Thursday before it was to commence.

So, we agreed to set it up for the following Friday. Again I expressed complete enthusiasm for the meeting and told him that we were going to buy, to please make sure this went through. We even gave them alternate phone numbers to reach us at in case they tried to confirm during our work hours.
Again on the following Thursday I waited the entire day and didn't receive any confirmation call.
First thing Friday morning I started trying to get ahold of Blue World and finally at 11:30 reached a woman who stated that the man that was working my entire state quit and my appointment had been canceled but rest assured they had "graduations" every Wednesday and would most likely be able to re-set up our appointment within the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't accept this and requested to speak to the general manager Mike at which point she seemed confused.

Then I got transferred a couple of times, my line was dropped, I called back a couple of times, and after a couple of hours finally got to speak to Mike..

He told me that this was my fault. That if I had been proactive and called them Thursday then they could have rerouted one of the techs from another neighboring state but because I didn't follow proper procedure then it was my fault.

When I wouldn't accept this as truth he got rude, kept "reading a script", got irate as I continued to request real resolution to the issue and then simply stated that he didn't feel that any of his guys that he would have been comfortable sending to my home would be "safe" and that he was not going to allow me and my family to "benefit from this gift" from his company. And that he was taking our information out of their computers and for me not to contact them again.

I replied with a "you think my buying a product from your company is a gift from you? or that the 5 families that was wanting to come see our pool with interest in the same offer was also a gift from his company?" And he stated that they had "millions of customers waiting for pool installations and that no my purchase or our friends purchases didn't mean anything to him or his company".

I then asked for his bosses information, name, email, contact information and he stated that he didn't have a boss, only the owner was his boss and he wasn't giving me his name and as far as the email address, his boss didn't even have email.

Who ever heard of a reputible "million customer company" in this day of age with an owner who doesn't have a name nor any contact information or who leaves a single guy "Mike" incharge of everything without any checks or balances?

All of this came about before my researching the company on the web and seeing all the complaints on this website as well as numerous others.

Please, research before you get involved - luckily we weren't out any money - but the time lost and the heartbreak of our kids and the frustration of dealing with such business ignorant people was pretty bad in itself. My condolances to all the others out there that suffered worse.
 3rd of Jul, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
Never even give this company your name when you do they immediately run a credit report on you that will remain on your credit report for 2 years This company is the BIGGEST RIPOFF Never EVER CALL THEM
 3rd of Sep, 2008 by   agoodcompany -1 Votes
If there are any real customers on here that have any issues whatsoever with any part of Blue World Pools, I am here to help. Please call me directly at 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031. My name is Sean and you can voice you concerns directly with me. I can assure you the number of legitimate complaints to the number of real customers is so very small and proportionate according to size and scale. Blue World Pools will do our best to COMPLETELY satisfy you. PLEASE call so I can help.
 1st of May, 2009 by   a_bmorgan 0 Votes
Yeah I got a problem with blue world pool I got charged $20, 000.00 for a 24x4 that cost about 5, 000.00 at other places. So I'm paying 4x the amount and I can't believe that we were so stupid in buying this over priced pool.
 6th of May, 2009 by   The Ford's 0 Votes
We too had a rep. from blue world come to our house last spring 2008. The starting price was over 20, 000 and the rep. kept going down. Like all the other stories I have read, he would call the home office, from our phone, tying up the phone line. He made call after call to his boss and finally lowered the price to somewhere around 10, 000. We had repeatedly said no, they offered to give us discounts if we would agree to be a "model" home. We told the rep. we would decide the next day just to get him to leave our house. He was there for over 3 hours. Here is where our story changes from the many similiar stories...the next day, the "boss" called to leave us a message...you could melt sugar in his mouth, he was so nice and really wanted to sell us a pool, and oh what a nice home we had that he desperately needed us for a model home. Well, when he finished his message...his phone didn't completely hang up. therefore my voicemail continued to record. OH BOY-did it record!! He was the foulest mouthed man I have ever heard. He cussed us up and down and back again, calling us the ugliest names you could imagine and about what fools we were, then he went into a conversation about another customer. A woman whom he called by name and discussed every detail of her account and also using the same disgusting language about her. I was appalled. Later that day after hearing the message I called him back pretending that I was ready to buy. I told him we had thought it over and decided on going with his offer b'c they were so professional and so on and so on. I layed it on thick, and I said, but THEN, I got home and played his voicemail, and what I heard had totally changed my mind. Then I blessed him out-tactfully and in a christian way-I told him that my children had heard the voicemail and how appalled I was at his actions. I am really glad this site is here so maybe it can help future pool buyers from ever wasting their time with this company. I wish I had know. They wasted my time!!
 12th of May, 2009 by   SummerTime -1 Votes
Something doesn't make sense, if you had someone out to your house last year why in the world would you come on a complaint site so far after the company supposedly came out? If you are Christian why lie to the company to "fool" them? I don't think your story is a real story whatsoever. Jeez sometimes you can not believe anything on the Internet...
 14th of May, 2009 by   vicki29644 0 Votes
I have had my own run arounds with Blue World Pools! My husbnd and I had done some thinking and we did cancel our transaction within the three days. But the still put our deposit through the bank and me not thinking should of stop payment on it, but I didn't. Now I have nsf fee's and Blue world is telling me rudely after hanging up on me, that its bascially not their problem. So I just want to warn everyone and anyone, don't do business with them. Save your money and the heart ache and buy from someone more reliable.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   agoodcompany -1 Votes
As the contract states the customer must mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of the cancellation notice or any other written notice to the proper address. If my organization processed your deposit it is because we received your deposit prior to receiving your cancellation notice. There would not have been any way to prevent this from happening! If you have not received your refund, please contact me at 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031 and we will immediately issue your monies back to you. My apologies for the inconvenience, Blue World Pools, Inc. wishes you only the best.
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   jill 0 Votes
I am very disappointed with this company. I purchased the pool, not the cheap one on may 14th. On May 11th I called the company and canceled the order because we decided we just could not afford it. I spoke with 2 women and was then transferred to a man and I told him I was canceling my order. He became rude at this point and asked me why. He said he would start the cancellation process and send me my deposit back. 3 weeks have passed and no return. I called today and spoke with :Alan" who said I was supposed to have sent in a letter with a copy of the canceled check. I told him I was not told this and he said I know no one told you this because I would have been the one who you spoke with. He practically called me a liar. I believe they are going to try and beat me out of my 250.00 deposit. They represent a product just to get into your house and sell you an expensive pool. I would never have any dealings with this company again.
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   agoodcompany -1 Votes
The company requires a copy of the cleared check front and back (proof it cleared your account) which is not unreasonable. This information is stated on your contract. If you would please provide me with your name, telephone number, so I can look into it for you, I would be happy to do so. Please contact me directly at 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031 Sean. I apologize for the inconveniece and look forward to returning your deposit monies according to the contract. Blue World Pools, Inc. has never EVER kept a customer's deposit. I will be waiting on your call...
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   cbmc79i8 0 Votes
I sent Blue World Pools, Inc. a "free quote" or whatever it was. 2 weeks later...no response...Now, I called them back. They said they would send someone out in the morning. Then, a few hours later they called back. The rep couldn't make it because of high call volume. They would have to get back in touch with me. Then, they told me they would send me an information packet in the mail. I would return it along with my money, and they would come and install my pool. From what I have read, they aren't going to do anything, but take my money. Thank you to everyone who wrote a review on these RIP-OFFS!!! Cindy Cowpens, SC
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   agoodcompany -1 Votes
Blue World Pools, Inc. has been in business a very long time and never in the company's business history has it stolen any money from anyone ever. Please contact me at 1 800 706 0907 ext 3031, Sean, if you have a problem with Blue World Pools, Inc. whatsoever! I guarantee that I will get it resolved immediatly to your satisfaction.
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   zapata 0 Votes
I had just saw the commerciaal on tv about the blue pool and went on the computer before calling and I want to say thank you sooooooooooo much because after reading all this I will not be calling them and I just went to academy and they have the above pools 15x32 and 15x42 two different kinds of pools one for $199. and another with medal on the sides for $299. And so I think I will go to academy and buy my pool.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   marli067 0 Votes
BURLESON DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF.WARNIMG YOU ALL STAY AWAY FROM THEM...AND DON'T BELIEVE ANY THING THEY WILL TELL YOU 3 YRS AND LATER WHEN YOU CAN'T BACKOUT IT IS 11 YRS IT HAPPEN TO ME AND MORE PEOPLE, SO STAY AWAY FROM THAT COMPANY AND IT WAS ALSO BLUEHAVEN MORE LIKE BLUEHELL...SO BURLESON, TEXAS STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Do It Yourself Car Diagnosis