logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.mlssupport.com
The rep didn’t provide any news about my house
2. (0 mins ago)
Ge Adora
Dishwasher won't clean dishes
3. (1 mins ago)
johnbrown4x4.com
Don’t buy from them – no documents and no help
4. (11 mins ago)
seal test milk
bad
5. (13 mins ago)
GE Profile convection/gas double oven
plastic stove knobs melting

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Blue Water Fiberglass Pools, Effort, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Edward Mara, Thief from Blue Water Fiberglass Pools

Blue Water Fiberglass Pools Contacts & Informations

250 Service Rd
Effort, Pennsylvania
Phone: 888-753-7288
bluewaterfiberglasspools.com
The owner of this “business” Ed Mara simply stills money. You can find tons of complaints on-line against Ed Mara and bluewaterfiberglasspools.com. He took $50K from me and my family and never even started the project. After almost a year I filed a criminal case against him, as well I filed complaints with Federal Trade Commission, Division of Consumer Affair, Attorney General Office and Internet Crime Center. People, be aware! He is a thief and crook!
Here some facts from The Morning Call:
The state has sued Edward Mara a Stroudsburg home improvement contractor that accepted more than $81, 000 from customers and failed to complete the work promised or performed shoddy work. The suit followed complaints from 10 customers who paid the contractor, Marshalls Creek Nursery Inc., and its owner Edward Mara, 24 Old Mill Road, Stroudsburg, between $1, 500 and $18, 000. Filed in Monroe County by the state attorney general's office, the suit accuses the defendants of violating the state Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law. The suit names Mara individually and his business Marshalls Creek Nursery

Comments United States Contractors
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Nov, 2010 by   another_victim_of _Ed_Mara 0 Votes
He stole from me also.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   lbarker 0 Votes
And he is still going strong to this day. Now he is operating in other states like Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia. He actually came into our yard and stole our pool heater while no one was home. A neighbor spotted him but though he was a repair man. We have recently filed a police report. Beware!!!
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   BuyersBewareofEdMara 0 Votes
He stole money from us as well in Virginia. He installed our pool then hired a contractor to do our concrete. Ed wanted to get as much money as he could for himself so he hired the cheapest contractor he could (against our wishes). After all was said and done Ed stated he would fix the issues we were having with the concrete. Against my better judgement I took him for his word and paid him for the remainder of the job and gave him a deposit for a pool cover. After months and months of trying to get in contact with Ed he is finished making excuses and now will not return our calls or e-mail. This guy is a grade A crook, do not give him any money and do not use any of his companies. I know he operates under www.swimmingpoolsnow.com and Blue Water Fiberglass pools bluewaterfiberglasspools.com. I have inserted a picture of Ed and one of his workers I think goes by "Pollo". If these guys or either one of these companies or guys try to sell you a pool, run! Run fast and never give them any money!
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   BuyersBewareofEdMara 0 Votes
The picture did not come through, I will try it again.

27th of Apr, 2011 by   BuyersBewareofEdMara 0 Votes
Looks like Ed has a new site he is using to rip people off. Everyone be aware of the following sites!
http://www.worldwidefiberglasspoolinstallers.com/ and www.worldwidefiberglass.sanjuanpools.com/.
 19th of Feb, 2012 by   Sweetkiss917 0 Votes
Omg someone please help, I have given $20, 000 of my hard end money. I am literally crying as I read theses posts. What can I do and is there a way I will ever get my money back?
 9th of Jan, 2013 by   Caroline Kronkaitis 0 Votes
Was wondering how person above went about making the claims against him? I'm in Ct. And he went by Top Dog Pools! Pool is uneven, and leeks! And never finished the job! Tracked down the manufacturer of the pool, and he was just as big of a creep as Ed was! Water World in N.J. Know all of this stuff about him and they still sell him pools! The own of Water World was rude and nasty! Hung up on me, after calling him a number of times! If the pool has a 50 yr. warrantee then don't you think he should send somebody out! Ed isn't hard to miss, he is missing fingers on right hand! This man needs to be put behind bars!!! Please don't feel bad, no one knows him by company name. But just say Ed Mara and they go" uuuhhhh"... And don't buy from water world ether!!! Not Happy In Ct. !!
 22nd of Jun, 2013 by   Ed Mar athief 0 Votes
This guy and his son are criminals. Most recent company is called USA Pool Depot. He also changes his last name to Maira or Marra. He almost always travels with his son Ed JR. and can be easily recognized because he does not have fingers on the right hand. Please e-mail me your story at EdMara.Thief@yahoo.com. I'm collecting evidence to press criminal charges against him and his son.

How to Save on Health Insurance