logo

2. (12 mins ago)
HireRight
Background check
3. (15 mins ago)
Education Credentials Evaluators, Inc.
Transcript Evaluation
4. (16 mins ago)
ASK NOW
STOLE MONEY
5. (21 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    jimmy ross

Fraud

Blue Tax Inc
Los Angeles, California
They promise to wipe IRS debt, Promise to life bank levies and wipe away wage garnisments, but is unable to do any of this and will not refund money to clients, They threaten clients and use misleading information to convince clients to pay for their services. Company needs to be shut down, they are telling lies to people and taking peoples money for services they can not do.
Comments United States Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2010 by   andrew villanueva -1 Votes
I am currently a client of Blue Tax, Inc. and I have a different experience than the one that was posted. Blue Tax was able to negotiate my tax liability with the IRS to my satisfaction. I am really happy with the results Blue Tax got for me and I will strongly recommend their service. The staff who handled my case was professional and was always there to answer my concerns and questions. The Blue Tax that was portrayed in the complaint is definitely the same company that I dealt with.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   andrew villanueva -1 Votes
Correction. I mean the Blue Tax that was described in the complaint alleging fraud against it IS NOT the same Blue Tax that handled my case.
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   identityweary +1 Votes
I contacted Blue Tax today about my case with the IRS. What I was requesting was representation during an audit. The woman I spoke with could not clearly tell me what my options were and what they could do to assist me with the audit. The only thing she said was that we would not go to the audit and only provide documents to them as requested. I thought the $3500 fee was rather high and would be around the amount I would end up owing the IRS anyway. After giving almost all my personal info she then stated they could take my case and wanted by ss#. I did not give this out as we wanted to speak with a few lawyers before we committed. She then became short and angry that I was asking her questions to interview them and did not want to continue the conversation. She said to give her a call back if we decided, but she was not going to entertain any more questions since she thought we were ready to sign with them. Well how can we decide if you refuse to answer questions. I then became concerned that she was trying to get our information for some identity theft scheme and decided to further investigate their company so here I am.
 25th of Sep, 2010 by   Angiezplanet -1 Votes
I have to inform readers that this complaint has been mass posted across several review sites on the internet. Word for word basically copied and pasted and has been reported several times. The person posting is assumed to be from a competitor of Blue Tax and has been reported several times to the sites where this complaint has been posted. Blue Tax is a real company that I have dealt with for my own tax problems. After hiring 3 tax resolution companies previously with no results except bills for their services, I have to say Blue Tax resolved my tax problems in a matter of days. I was referred to Blue Tax and the person who referred me had nothing but positive to say about them as well. I wont speak on their situation but Blue Ta would not have been referred to me if they had a bad outcome. I would suggest this site verify information that could be damaging to companies before allowing such blatant lies be posted.
 30th of Sep, 2010 by   gailf +1 Votes
My suggestion is if you have been scamed, report it to the BBB. There are two negative posts on this site, but no complaints have been reported to the BBB of California or BBB Nationwide. I will retain their services after doing my research on them.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   Lanstun 0 Votes
I agree. They basically took a few Thousand to basically become a debt collector. Because of their unethical way they negotiated by claims to release my wage garnishment, I was fired from my job. After complaining to them about what they have done to me, they started sounding like bill collectors demanding for me to hold up the end of my bargain and pay the full amount to the State of California. This ended when they send me a letter stating they dropped me after they could not get a hold of me. WHAT?! They are impossible to get a hold of as they have non-legal professional operators who run you around and NEVER give you any updates on you case at all.
 7th of Nov, 2010 by   Blue Tax Ripoff +1 Votes
They ripped me off as well. They promise all kinds of good results. But, as soon as you sign with them the results never seem to happen and all of their focus is on getting paid. They do not tell you what they have done and they have multiple people you end up dealing with. They dropped me as well after not hearing from them for three months and now they want to be paid again (double) to "reactivate my account". Totally bait and switch.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   Clarence E. Jefferson +3 Votes
I agree, this company is fraudulent, I paid over $2, 000 to get started, then never hear from them unless i send nasty emails to anyone in the company, When i talked to them on the phone the first time they seemed so concerned and could help me with my $8, 000 dollar debt to the irs, in his words said they thought they could wipe my debt completely out, but i would need to pay them first, So I paid them and played the waiting game for more then 3 weeks with no word from them, I sent them an email, responded they were working on it, 3 more weeks go by with no word, Emailed again, now they send me a spread sheet to check over (Which basically my teenager could have created) told me i needed to verify all the information, which I did, then wait another couple weeks and was told, I have to much disposable income and that they could not wipe my debt out and basically never could, best they could ever do for me was offer a settlement for 10% of what I owe, I complained and tried to get a refund, wasn't going to happen, bottom line after months and months of dealing with them, they finally got me a plan with the IRS. $50 a month payments for the first year, then $100 a month after that, at a cost also of me paying the IRS $100 to do this oh and yes i continue to accrue penalties for any outstanding amount i owe, Again, this is something i could have done, and i paid these idiots $2, 000 for this crap. Stay away from Blue Tax, Avoid doing anything with them at all.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   J. Stozn  Best Advice +4 Votes
The reason they promise good results is they are paying people huge commissions to sell the cases. I have worked at a similar company and the tactics are the same.I am so glad not to be in this industry anymore. So many clients unhappy. Mostly because the pitch they get when they hired the company is a lie.

These places aren't owned by tax practitioners like CPA's, tax lawyers or Enrolled Agents. Just like American Tax Relief (that scam that got shut down) see details here: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2010/10/atr2.shtm, BlueTax is owned by people with no license to do anything but overcharge you.

It is predicted that BlueTax and other tax relief companies that pitch debt settlement are to be shut down by new FTC regulations in the coming months. Since these companies are not backed by professionally obligated persons, the clients might just be left without any help at all.

When you call them you are connected with a consultant with no license in any area of tax. They cannot talk to the IRS for you or give you any tax advice.

What most people don't know about BlueTax until they hire them is YOU WILL NEVER SPEAK TO YOUR ASSIGNED ENROLLED AGENT/ATTORNEY/CPA the entire duration of your case. You are assigned to another unlicensed "case manager" and through them you hope that your case gets done properly.

If you think you cannot solve your tax problem alone then it is fine to get help, but just make sure you are getting it from someone who is actually licensed to help you. Only someone with knowledge of handling your type of case can give you an accurate consultation. For tax resolution cases, only Enrolled Agents, CPAs, and Attorneys are licensed to work on your case. When you call any company regarding tax help, and you do not speak to one of those three persons, you are being scammed.

Some companies are actually owned by licensed professionals. I will list some I know to not have any complaints:

1. Tax Resolution Professionals - (www.taxresolutionprofessionals.com) a tax attorney owned law firm. I refer clients there and they have always been happy. I used to work with the attorneys who run it at another tax relief job . I could not find any complaints on them. Good Reviews.They also go to Tax Court.

2. Mike Habib, EA - (www.myirstaxrelief.com) - Independent Enrolled Agent, has no complaints I could find either. Good Reviews.

3. J. Folson, CPA (http://www.edisonaccounting.com) Could not find any complaints. I have heard of some clients going to him after being dissatisfied with the service at the firm I worked at. Seemed to have done a good job. No Complaints found.
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   Clarence E. Jefferson 0 Votes
Great Post J.Stozn, Good information for anyone researching before they hire these types of bozo's, wish i would have done more research.
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   Reddyboa 0 Votes
I have not used their service but I do recommend the best for less: Rudolph R Jones CPA & Associates of Washington, DC, www.rrjonescpa.com.

A CPA is definitely the way to go if you want the best for your tax, accounting and audit needs, just as a lawyer is the best way to go for legal needs and a doctor is the best way to go for medical needs.

Best wishes & good luck to all!!!
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   Let's Fight Blue Tax Fraud 0 Votes
My husband and have just been ripped off by Blue Tax ($2, 100). I'm fighting mad. Who need to be ripped-off in this economy. We.ve got to join forces to get our money back of stop them from doing this to anyone else. Let's talk. email me at: bluetaxfraud@gmail.com
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   Warning...! +1 Votes
If you send an email to bluetaxfraud@gmail.com you get added to a spam list! I emailed it to ask more info and since then I've got soooo much junk mail and Jeff person never replied!! it's a trick!
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   GBarnes1 +1 Votes
Someone should do something to stop this company. It is great to be able to sound off about their horrible practices in ripping people off but, they need to be stopped. They are being allowed to take advantage of people using our greatest fear the "Internal Revenue". Most of us end up in this position because we are not sure how to handle the problem in the first place, and then the law allows companies like this to capitalize on our fears. What we need is to get together and find an attorney that is willing to file a class action law suite aganist this company, and those like them to make them stop stealing people's money by lying and preforming fraudulant acts against american people and tax payers. Trust me, I am sure that there is enough of us out here that would be willing to partake in putting an end to this company and their practices of decit.
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   Pat Graham +1 Votes
Watch Out. My wife paid $3500 to get the case going. They use scare methods that are not true. Then Blue Tax wanted $29, 000. to finish the case. I called the State of California. and fix the problem. You do not need them
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   Let's Fight Blue Tax Fraud -1 Votes
Hi! My name is Max and I am filing a complaint against Blue Tax in my state of North Carolina and in California. As consumers, we don't need businesses cheating us. Isn't the oppression of taxes enough without a business like Blue Tax? Anyone wanting to be a part of this Attorney General filing--email me @ bluetaxfraud@gmail.com. The last time I put my email out like this, I’ll almost bet it was "Blue Tax" that made an entry on this complaint board, saying that they emailed my address and got a bunch of spam mail. I emailed the so called person saying they'd gotten the spam mail and guess what--I never got a response. Don't believe it. If you're real and not a "Blue Tax Decoy Pirate" then join me and tell your story. Together, we can shut them down! Email me@ bluetaxfraud@gmail.com.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   ilan -1 Votes
I have done a lot of research after I was ripped off by JK Harris and Tax masters I Found blue tax inc (which is not the same blue tax as above) they are located in ca and they really do have tax attorneys and X-IRS agents working on the cases. I am a client that actually use to walk in to the firm (since I am local) and meet with the attorneys representing me. This company is the real deal. I owed $480, 000 in payroll tax and Mr. Connekt and his team were able to remove all of the penalties. I paid the taxes and some interest and now I owe the IRS ZERO!!!Thanks to the team at BLUE TAX!!!
 13th of Mar, 2011 by   Pat Graham +2 Votes
We fired Blue Tax 25 days ago after they wanted $29, 000 to to finished the cased. I did the case on myself no problem paying $1600. My wife looked at our bank statements and Blue Tax STOLE OUR MONEY FROM OUR BANK ACCOUNT !!! Made phone calls today but it's Saturday.

BLUE TAX STOLE $29, 000 !!!

I will be at their door Monday morning !!! ONE PISS OFF PERSON !!!

STAY AWAY !!! FROM BLUE TAX !!!
 17th of Mar, 2011 by   manashe +1 Votes
im looking for an atterney to help me with my IRS debt, and i have spoke to someone from blue tax inc in Los angeles, California, and they said they can help me. the person i have spoke to sound so promising. money is vey tie on my part, and i dont want to be a victim of fraud, should i hire them. i need a sincere person to give me some advice. where can i go to search this company before i hire them. please help me.
 17th of Mar, 2011 by   Ralph Jones +1 Votes
Hi Manashe,

i would reccomend calling the company mentioned above www.taxresolutionprofessionals.com phone 888 515 4829 I called them on their consultation line and talked to an attorney named Dan. he pretty much told me exactly what was wrong with my tax situation and said EXACTLY what i needed to do. He said that the case I had was too simple and not worth it for them to take or charge me for. Bluetax TRIED to charge me $1000 for an "EXPLORATORY" - Dan said TRP's exploratory would only be $350 - however, he said all i needed was to fill out one form in my case and send it back. thanks a lot to jstozn for posting that info, that really made my week

Tax Tip: Avoid Phishing Scams