logo

Posted:    Valerie

Unauthorized charge

Blooms Rewards
www.bloomsrewards.com
I bought flowers from them off their website and for months i was being charged $9.95 a month without realizing it until i decided to check my transactions one day and saw this charge that i did not know what it was for. After some searching again on the net i found out what it was and that many others have also been caught in their scam. I really hope there is something that can be done for us all.
Comments United States Flowers Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jul, 2008 by   Michele 0 Votes
I also bought flowers and was unable to stop the 9.95 charge from hitting my credit card. I went to the "cancel" web link but it did not work. the phone # listed can not get you a person to speak to. I am going to contact my credit card company to see if I can block the charges.
 17th of Jul, 2008 by   Charles R. Boyd 0 Votes
I have the same problem. Contacting my bank to stop any future charges. Anone know how to get a refund for unauthorized charge & no service provided?
 23rd of Jul, 2008 by   Emily 0 Votes
I just talked to customer service when i realized they had been charging me, and TWICE in one month. They agreed to drop both charged for this month. Although I had to pay for the "rewards" for one month, I still technically saved money on sending my mother flowers. Try calling them at 703-754-1200 and be firm. I HAD to ask for a supervisor to even be heard!
 24th of Jul, 2008 by   steve 0 Votes
I also have been charged twice and refunded once. I though it was canceled but it was not. ive contacted the company and they are resolving this and refunding. they gave me an order # and extension # if it is not resolved. Also, i asked for an email verification so that I have something in writing. the person i talked with was Jackie, very nice, 703-754-1200 or 800-520-0573 #4131
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   Jen 0 Votes
I actually got charged the monthly 9.95 before the flower bouquet showed up on my statement!!! I tried to cancel on thewebsite but you can't do it before 16 days or something and so really my half-off flowers weren't because of the 9, 95 charge that I am sure they will not refund!!!
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   Teresa 0 Votes
Just discovered the 9.95 posted to my account in the last couple of days. I guess resulting from my order placed 2 weeks ago... Will never use Blooms again. Contacting my bank immediately. Thanks to all comments and to those who shared the phone numbers/names to contact at Blooms. Will definitely contact and dispute the charge. I guess Blooms is a good example of "BUYER BEWARE" . ProFlowers is a good/reliable on-line source - never an issue with them. Pricing is competitive and quality is top-notch.
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   Teresa 0 Votes
Hah! Just called the 800 # and spoke with "Mandy" who tells me the only way to have gotten 50% off the order when I placed it was to sign up for the Bloom's Reward. I told her there was nothing stated on the website to that effect when I placed the order and insisted a full refund. She tells me otherwise. I insist on speaking with a supervisor and she tells me someone will be contacting me within 24 hours. We'll see - in the meantime, I've contacted my bank to dispute the unauthorized charge. Good Luck to anyone else who has to deal with this.
 7th of Aug, 2008 by   maureen 0 Votes
I just cancelled out of the rewards program.You have to go to www.bloomstoday.com.On the webpage there is a cancel account feature and you put your e-mail address in and then hit submit.I hope this is the end of my problems with them and everyone else's.
 9th of Aug, 2008 by   mykki 0 Votes
i signed up for it and it clearly states on the website thats the only way to get the discount.
i am cancelling now before my next months charge but it does state it ALL over the website.
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   Teresa 0 Votes
Surprise - No 24 hour response time. I contacted my bank immediately and filed dispute claim. I then placed another significant order with them to see if the 50% Blooms Reward offer appeared this time. Again it does NOT. (I had printed out all screens and final order documentation showing Blooms and my Bank rep what the web site looked like during each step of the order.) Again, there is nothing about joining the Blooms Reward in order to get the 50% off the order. So, I'm not sure why Mikki is seeing the discount info all over the page when she's placing the order and I am not... Wierd.

I finally get a call back from Blooms Reward supervisor (48 hours later). She was rather rude and told me that I had to have registered for the Blooms Reward program to get the 50% discount and that I assigned a password to my account. I KNOW that I did not do this and I have the documentation (printed screens) to prove it. When I told her I would need to see their records substantiating this claim, she told me that she could not provide that info. In other words, she could not produce the document that says I willingly enrolled in the program.

$9.95 has since been credited to my account as a result of the claim I filed with my bank. Keep an eye on your account - Blooms transactions appear to take a couple of days before activity appears on your account. I will not be doing any more business with them.
 16th of Aug, 2008 by   Marilyn 0 Votes
If each of you will send me your email info, I want to deal with this. I too was a victim...they have been charging me the $9.95 since May and just caught it. They are refusing to make the adjustments for the past months claiming that I accepted their terms, which of course we all know is not true. I plan on filing a complaint with the FTC and the BBB in Virginia and it would be helpful to at least have emails for others similarly victimized. I want to get money back for all of us and if possible chip away at this company bit by bit.
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   Brenda Wagner 0 Votes
We to have been charged for the service we never ordered.All we did was order flowers for 3 funerals.The last 6 months they have been charging us the $9.95 to our debit card.we will visit the bank tomorrow to stop the charges.

How are these people getting away with this?

I just wish we could do something to stop these people!!!

Brenda and Doug wagner
Antioch, Tn
 21st of Aug, 2008 by   Sandy Holtz 0 Votes
I bought some flowers from Blooms Today and after a couple
months we discovered that a fee of 9.95 was charged on our
credit card for three months. We are going to try and cancel
the charge. If not, we will go to our bank to see if they can
help us.

What a disappointment! Why do they get money out of us
without our permission?

John and Sandy Holtz
Woodbridge, CA
 13th of Sep, 2008 by   Betty Swartzentruber 0 Votes
What a scam this is! Our family just lost a precious 30 yr. old in an horrible bike accident and
I did not realize that I would be charged $9.95 each month as I thought it was just for one month
to get the 50% off and at an extremely emotional time like this, I believe they take advantage
of you. I will NEVER order again from them! They are bound to lose many customers taking
advantage of people like this.
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Clark-Janice Kromenaker 0 Votes
What are you doing billing my card acct. each month???
We do not belong to a club----yrs back--order flowers for only a special occasion!!!
ref. # 24388948230670334173618---posted 8/16
I want it stopped and notified card co. Going to notify Wis. Consumer group!!

MY WIFE CALLED IN TO CANCEL SEVERAL MOS. AGO--AND YOU ALL KEPT BILLING---WHAT IS THIS CP GLICH????
want a conf#
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   PATRICIA MILLER 0 Votes
I cancelled my membership via internet and they still have not cancelled. I am widowed and disabled and can not afford this extra charge that they are taking out of my account. Please, this is 2 gallons of gas and maybe a loaf of bread, but I WISH THIS ACCOUNT TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY AS I INFORMED THEM ON FIRST OF SEPTEMBER 2008. Please send me an email to inform me that you have cancelled so I will have something for my record.

Sincerely yours
 24th of Sep, 2008 by   Nichole 0 Votes
The same thing has occurred with me and they have been taking $9.95 out of my account for the last 6 months! I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I recommend everyone else too as well!
 24th of Sep, 2008 by   Nichole 0 Votes
The same thing that has happen to you all has happend to me!
I strongly urge everyone of you to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau!
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   kevin t. commons 0 Votes
i wish to cancel my membership. my referance#is55420368225670301102774.thank you.
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
I just called in and followed the helpful operator's directions while online. I was able to cancel my account, she submitted a request for refund. I had called in previously, but was not given this courteous attention. I had forgotten that I am supposed to cancel online, and tried to cancel over the phone. I thought it was cancelled, but discovered the charge showed up a few days ago. This time they were very helpful! Make sure you cancel online at the same time you are on the phone with them...I spoke with Dale, she was very helpful. 1-800-520-0573

Tax Tips: Phishing-Malware - February 2010