logo

IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Blockbuster.com Complaints & Reviews - Charges on my credit card!

Blockbuster.com Contacts & Informations

Blockbuster.com

Posted:    Leonel S. Carias

Charges on my credit card!

Blockbuster.com
Phone: 1-866-692-2789
www.Blockbuster.com
I was charged over $50.00 in my credit card for services never requested. They don't care when I ask 'em How they got my personal information. So if somebody wanna suit them let me know I like to be part of it.
Comments United States DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
This happened to us recently too, anyone know what's going on?!?!

Is Blockbuster resorting to fraud to keep their company afloat?
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by   JJP 0 Votes
I too found fraud charges on my credit card that started with blockbuster.com and also charges from grantbusters or grantmasters too. I never ordered from either of these sites. Complete rip off, fraud. Watch your credit cards!!! I called my CC company and cancelled my account and they will be investigating. I suggest everyone else do the same!
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   Qwerty 0 Votes
Depending on your store this may be your policy. But the store I shop at, this is what goes down. You have a 5-day rental. Everything is 5 days in my store. There is a 5 day grace period on the rentals. After notifications by e-mail (if applicable), phone (on the account), and snail mail (also on the account) on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th day after your due date, they will be charged for the list price on the account. The only reason they charge the list price is because that is what they will have to pay to find and replace the copy that is now lost from their inventory. After this, you then have 30 days to return it to the store. So basically, you have 9 days to have the rental. If you are slow in the head, that's OK, you have 30 more days to meander back to the store and give it back to the employees. I trust you, they are nice -- only when you aren't jerks to them.

If there is a credit card, it will be charged to it. To rent XBOX360, WII, or PS3 games, there needs to be a credit card on file. If you do not want things charged to your card, return them on time. It's an easy concept. You are all adults, stop behaving and stop whining when you don't follow the rules.

So get off your high horses and start returning the tapes on time. It could be worse -- back when there were late fees, you would be charged more than that for those movies/games.
 8th of Aug, 2008 by   Hoffa 0 Votes
Qwerty -- you have no idea what you are talking about. This is blockbuster.com, not the retail stores for blockbuster. The charges are coming from Blockbuster's version of NetFlix.

I just recently had the exact same problem as mentioned above. 2 accounts opened and charged to my account. Blockbuster was all too willing to allow 2 identical accounts to be opened in my name (why on earth I would want 1 account, let alone 2 accounts is beyond me). When asked to verify the shipping address of the online rentals, I was told that I was not allowed to have that information. I mean, it is my account, why would they be able to provide me with my information?

Long story short -- they will not refund the money and are forcing my credit card company to the file the fraud investigation and eat the fraudulent charges. Sounds like they are in such financial trouble that they are refusing to negate revenue no matter where it is coming from. Pathetic!

This actually reminds me of the MCI slamming from many years ago where they would solicit you to change carriers, you would say no, they would change your carrier to them anyway.

Blockbuster will never ever see any of my business ( in store or online ).
 18th of Aug, 2008 by   crossbred900 0 Votes
A few days ago I found two charges to blockbuster.com for $10.59 both on 7/31. Called my bank today, they called Blockbuster, who said there were actually THREE accounts in my name. They asked my address and canceled the accounts. Then the bank shut my card down and opened a fraud case, now I have to wait for some paperwork and a new card, all while hoping I get my money back.

Any ideas where they are getting our info from? I use netflix, but that isn't billed to the same card.
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   AngryInVermont 0 Votes
Wow! I just looked at my credit card and found a charge to blockbuster.com, WW.SUSTAINHELP.COM and GRANTSEARCH. I just threw away a CD that came in the mail from grantsearch. I have contacted my credit card company and am waiting for a call back.

Now, this happened shortly after I purchases supplies on line from Drs. Foster and Smith (pet supplies).

Did anyone else by chance do the same?
 21st of Aug, 2008 by   Melinda Alters 0 Votes
OMG! I too would like to know how those bandits are getting our info! I found $1.00, then 2 for $10.81 each, then others totally almost $200!! My bank is helping me but I am very upset by this thievery. I have never had an account with Blockbuster.com, gofaxer.com or lingo.com. Never will either!!
 4th of Sep, 2008 by   R. Norse 0 Votes
We went through the Google Money Profit, Grant Search etc. fraud charges a few weeks back. My husband just asked me about a Blockbuster Charge. It wasn't ours. We had 2, and when we spoke to the Blockbuster Customer Service (and the lady was very nice) she said these were for their online service and not a store. We've never signed up for their service and didn't really know anything about it. She removed the charges and told us to contact our credit card co. and report the charges as fraudulent.

Please NOTE: we also had 2 charges for NetFlix. We do have Netflix, but don't use this card with it and our regular monthly charges are different than what was on this card. This is what is strange about the whole thing. We don't use this credit card that much, and I've researched every online purchase I've made and it wasn't on this card.

And yes, I did order some Pet supplies, but not from the site mentioned before and I didn't use this card! Unbelievable!
 19th of Sep, 2008 by   judyh001 0 Votes
I just found two charges on my credit card from Blockbuster and we don't have any Blockbuster accounts. The charges are for $10.56 each. I don't understand, if so many people are having a problem with fradulent charges, why isn't something being done about it? I'm calling both the credit card company and Blockbuster today. I'm posting this message because maybe the more people who report it in one place the more evidence that this isn't an isolated problem. Blockbuster needs to be held accountable for the inconvenience they're causing so many people.
 19th of Sep, 2008 by   judyh001 0 Votes
As happened with many of you, Blockbuster closed the 3 accounts (another one was charged this week) but they refused to credit my card. I reported the Fraud to my credit card company and they suggested I file a claim with the Better Business Bureau as well. The credit card company stated they have been seeing multiple claims against Blockbuster Online. I have filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and hope others will do the same.
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   Mike 0 Votes
This is bullshit. I just got fraud charges from blockbuster.com today. I don't know what to do. I want to find out who did it, and what address these movies were sent to...
 2nd of Jan, 2009 by   evans65 0 Votes
I'm getting charges from Blockbuster, Netflix, and Stamps.com as well. But I actually got movies, rentals and a purchase of the same movie, at my address!
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   Tulmake 0 Votes

Charged me a late fee for DVD returned on time - Blockbuster

I rented a DVD from BlockBuster and returned it on time. I was still charged a late fee.

I feel that BlockBuster could be more accurate when keeping up with what time DVD's have been returned!

Tips for Cyber Monday Shoppers