I was a supplier of blinds to American Blind and Wallpaper Factory. They owe me a lot of $$$$ for orders that were shipped to their customers and then I didn't get paid. There have been several postings about this. I have done some research and this is what I have found. The guy that owned American Blinds is Jon Bauer who heads up a multi-billion dollar hedge fund called contrarian capital. He was also American Blinds "secure lender". I am told that over the years his company took out millions and millions of dollars out of American Blinds. He bled them dry and then decided to pull the plug on the operation and stiffing American Blinds vendors for millions of millions of dollars. Without any notice he partners Jay Steinfeld, who owns Blinds.com which is one of American's largest competitors. Jay buys the "assets" of American Blinds leaving the company with all this unpaid debt. Jay Stienfeld, the President of Blinds.com posts the following post on a window covering blog. Of course he doesn't idnetify that he is the president of Blinds.com. Jay, maybe you can tell all of us vendors what happened to all the money american blinds made. where did all the money go? Customers paid for orders upfront, we shipped orders and then American didn't pay us the money. How can that be? How do you and John Bauer think that you can just do this backroom deal in the middle of the night, close up shop and walk away from millions of dollars of $$$ owed to American Blinds creditors. Do either you or John bauer have a consious about all of the jobs that have been lost at American Blinds? How about all the families of the employees that lost their jobs at American? You both should be ashamed of yourselfs.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful?

25th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
I purchased four shades from Blind.com on November 23, 2015. They overcharged me on the sales tax. I was charged 6.9%. It should've been 2.9%. They said they were now owned by Home Depot, and there is a Home Depot in our state, so I was charged tax. We just built a house and bought numerous items from Home Depot. All items delivered to our site is charged 2.9% tax because the store is in another town and county. All Internet orders always charge 2.9% to my home. I contacted Blinds.com Customer Service the next day. They said they would not refund the extra tax I was charged.

Contact Us