logo

Posted:    Judy

Blair Rewards Scam

Blair
California
The same thing happened to me. I don't know how, but I was enrolled in something called "Blair Rewards." Today I called Encore Marketing at 1-888-287-7683, the company that runs this scam and spoke to someone named Diane. She was very friendly and helpful and honored my request to be disenrolled from Blair Rewards and also said she would refund all charges. This will teach me to check my credit card more often! Diane told me that I have been enrolled in this thing since September of 2008! I don't see the refund yet, but I just called today so will give it some time to post. I could not get Blair on the phone (due to their message that they have an unusually hight volume of calls), but I did e-mail their customer service center about this as well las night and they responded to the e-mail today. Here is what they said:

Dear Ms. Monroe

Thank you for contacting us.

By signing and returning the acceptance card for the free item offered, you enrolled in a continuous marketing program. This authorized us to send periodic shipments of merchandise to you and bill your Blair Credit Card account. If you did not return the customer service card that accompanied the free item asking us to cancel you from the program, the merchandise continues to be sent every one to two months.

If you would like to removed from the program, please let us know.

We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth C.

Blair Customer Service
1-800-821-5744

The strange thing is that I never received any free item with or without a customer service card, so had no chance to tell them I wanted to disenroll. I do not recall signing an acceptance card either, but I do remember taking a survey on the Blair site that offered some amount off toward my next purchase and turned out to be horrendously long, and I think Blair Rewards might be tied in with that somehow. My lesson from this is to never, never, do online surveys!!!
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Mar, 2009 by   kiley 0 Votes
I just experienced tha same thing and called immediately to cancel and was told to call back during business hours. I can't believe Blair would risk losing it's solid reputation with this scam. It is so upsetting to me that I will not order again from Blair and I hope they know that this will have a similar effect of other customers. It's a shame because I really liked the clothing. Not worth the aggravation and lost money and time dealing with this scam.
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   TRV 0 Votes
I did not enroll into the blair rewards program, but my credit card was charged twice $14.95 ...intial charge was $1.95...This is just crazy...
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   nihatandanny@gmail.com 0 Votes
My credit card, not Blair credit card, is being charged 14.95 every month for months now. I have never received any socalled free merchandise.
I never saw a card that I could have returned to decline the offer.
I want out and I want all money that was fraudulantly taken from my account, refunded.

I ordered from Blair because they have clothing sizes that are very hard to find.
I rather spent more time finding the right size than order from Blair again, unless they can explain this thing to me and refund my money.

I am going to check how to file with the Attorney General. When you work full time and take care of a very ill person, how on earth are you going to find time to call during business hours? how do you even remember to make the call.
Shame on you Blair. I thought you would make my life easier.
 1st of Apr, 2012 by   boycottblair 0 Votes
Yep, I was scammed too. Unauthorized access to my credit card. I thought I was getting a coupon! How deceitful.
This is grossly fraudulent. Never again. I will never have anything to do with Blair again. ANOTHER CUSTOMER LOST BECAUSE OF THIS
 27th of Jul, 2013 by   NANAG416 0 Votes
I am going t through the same thing right now 2013. So, apparently BLAIR DOESN'T CARE! I told them I don't have time to call and all they do is say " you have to call!" and the time I tried to call the number was busy! I had a FingerHut account . I sent them an e-mail and said I wanted to cancel and they said they were sorry to see me leave and said the account would be closed! "Done" That is how it should be. II am still trying to close my account, I will NEVER open a Blair account again NEVER even if they paid me !!! I would open another FingerHut over Blair in a Heart Beat. What a Horribly dishonest way to treat customers .: (
 2nd of Sep, 2013 by   Tonic-10 0 Votes
Just noticed this charge on my credit card. Didn't sign up for anything. Has been occurring for 4 months, but didn't notice. I tried to cancel by their "contact us" form, but kept getting a "problem submitting your comments" error message. Called the "866" number and cancelled via automated system. We'll see what happens... Will continue to try to submit cancellation request via their online form, but have my doubts.

Health Care Without Insurance - Medishare