logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
A charge that was not authorized
2. (7 mins ago)
crystal hues ltd
employee harassment
3. (7 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
Double billed on credit card
4. (16 mins ago)
BP Canada Shingles
Poor Shingle Life - Bad Warranty!
5. (28 mins ago)
United Furniture Industries
Defect in cuddler recliner?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Scammer

BioFog Scoe 10X
scoe10x.com
I purchased the 32 oz Scoe 10X and used as directed over several days to eliminate odor in a coffee table. I tried using this product both ways, letting it dry and the saturation method. It did not work, therefore I returned it with my original purchase receipt for their 'Guaranteed full purchase price plus shipping and handling charge refund.'

The only response I received was insulting comments like 'you need to get a life' etc. and have been denied any refund. John Davidson's final reason for denial was that I did not contact them to get a 'Return Authorization Number'. Although I sent the product back with a United States Post Office tracking number and received the time and date the product was received at the Alpharetta Georgia address Mr. Davidson still refuses to honor his guarantee.

The $ amount was not that much, but it's the principle of the 'Guarantee' not being honored. So, Buyer Beware, this company evidently has a reputation for never honoring their own return guarantee (more money in John's pocket). Mr. Davidson needs to take some customer relations classes and try to work with customers instead of trying to belittle and degrade them. Not a good way to run a company. Don't buy this product!!!

Note: I did inform Mr. Davidson that I would be spreading the word as much as possible about his lousy product.
Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Sep, 2009 by   cdele6 +1 Votes
The person writting this complaint really needs help I have used this product many times it work better than anything else. This person has written on alot of boards with the same complaint I believe he is just a complainer and needs help
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   johnr57 +1 Votes
I can't comment about returning the item because it has always worked well and I continue to buy more. Our 12 year old dog has decided that the carpet makes a good potty. Without this product my house would smell like dog pee. We do have to use a UV light to make sure we've found all the spots.
 7th of Mar, 2010 by   jamrhein +1 Votes
I also am very pleased with the product. No need to return. Cannot imagine someone saying "get a life" unless it was in the heat of an argument. It sucks if this is how the SCOEX people are, but I'll never know - cuz this stuff WORKS
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   MMitch121 0 Votes
I used the product once, and it worked.

When I used it this last time in another area where my older dog has peed. It ruined a carpet in a huge room and left dark stains and a horrible odor.

Now, the company won't refund the money unless I send them empty bottles.
It will cost $100 to clean the carpet in the room.

Would I buy this again? No way.
 19th of May, 2010 by   BellesAZ +1 Votes
Well, after seeing a multitude of your comments online.. it does appear that their advice to you to "get a life" might be in order. Maybe you should... like, get over it. Had you followed their return policy instructions, all would be fine.

From experience, I can say is that it's generally accepted business practices to get a "R.A." or return authorization number and yes, some companies want you to return any empty containers or unused product. That seems very fair to me since not doing so opens the floodgates to anyone calling and saying they want a refund when they either didn't ever buy the product or they used the product with success and only complained when they wanted some quick cash. There are all kinds of scammers in the world and as a business owner myself, I can personally attest to the lengths people will go to screw you out of a buck.

I do, however, appreciate the reminder to follow the return policy instructions which are clearly indicated on their website. In fact, I'll copy and paste them here so the next time you buy a product that doesn't meet your standards, you'll know what to do.

REFUND POLICY

We know that SCOE 10X will seemingly not work for people who fail to read, comprehend, follow the instructions or miss-apply SCOE 10X. So, please follow the instructions.

However, in the event you need a refund, please follow these three simple steps:
1. E-mail a return request to returns.
2. Our Customer Service Department will issue a Return Authorization Number (RAN).
3. After receipt of RAN, return all items purchased to us. (all bottles, including empties and spray bottles).

We will issue a prompt refund upon receipt of items.

BioFOG, Inc. strives for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please contact us immediately if you are not satisfied in any way.
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   Patches's Mom 0 Votes
SCOE 10X is absolutely great! It's the ONLY thing I have found that removes skunk from my dog! I highly recommend SCOE 10X to all my friends and family. I have purchased it more than once, and will always have some handy. Therefore I have never tried to return it nor talked to their Customer Service.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   atpalmer +2 Votes
@BellesAZ:

I agree with your post, especially about the return authorization numbers. I assist the Fulfillment Manager at our company, and she takes care of returns. We need a return authorization number for every single product that is shipped back. Your description for the existence of RMAs is spot-on.

However, there is no excuse for a business to tell a customer to "get a life". I don't care how rude the customer is or how off-base they are, it's completely inappropriate for a business to do this. I also think the first lines of their return policy are more than a little snarky ("We know that SCOE 10X will seemingly not work for people who fail to read, comprehend, follow the instructions or miss-apply..." - copied from your post). I am sure that there are people out there that this product just DOESN'T work for - not "*seemingly* does not work" - and that there are people who did not "fail to read, comprehend or follow the instructions"; the product just didn't work for them for whatever reason. A *much* better way to word it would be "If for any reason you are unsatisfied with our product, please follow the instructions below to initiate a return". Simple and polite. If someone is returning something to your company, you've already potentially pissed someone off; no need to be snide with them. If the same person who answers their phones wrote their return policy, I'm not surprised they were rude enough to tell a customer to "get a life".
 27th of May, 2011 by   spam82 +3 Votes
The negative feedback to this complaint seems a little staged.
I have used scoe and I can say 100% it does not work. I bought a house recently and the owners had a cat and the caturinated in aspot on the carpet.
After trying to use this product I ended up ripping up the carpet because of the stain that scoe left and the smell was still there.
Trying to get a hold of someone that acutly works for the company and is not from the call center is absolutly a joke. Don't waste your money.
 19th of Jun, 2011 by   teil2005 0 Votes
I am seriously considering buying this to get rid of the dog & dog urine/fecal smell from the concrete in my basement. Everyone talks about carpet but has anyone used it on concrete? Should I waste my time & money trying it?
 1st of Jul, 2011 by   runaway731 0 Votes
I have used scoe 10x on furniture, carpet and concrete and tile floors, i raise small dogs in my home. I was very surprised and happy with the results, my house has not smelled this good in a long time. The only problem I have is that price is to high to use as often as I would like to. why does it cost so much? If it were a little cheaper I would use it on a regular basis, so would other breeders I have told about it.
 1st of Nov, 2011 by   mishap1979 0 Votes
I have to say that I was very disappointed with this product. I was so excited with all of the great reviews it was getting that I just had to try it. Well, needless to say it didn't work for my issue. My issue was cat pee on a leather sofa. Maybe it was due to using it on leather and the product not being able to penetrate it like it obviously can on carpet, but it didn't work and my cat still pees on the couch. I was going to return the product back, however after paying the shipping to get it there I might as well just keep it.
 21st of Apr, 2012 by   Interested bystander +1 Votes
Do more reading - you will find that the complaints about the company are many, and the favorable reviews are questionable (many are too emotional to be real - they are very suspect). The biggest issue, which seems to be supported by the wording of their refund policy, is that the company has little regard for the customer. The product may or may not work, but the company certainly needs a lesson in customer service.

PS. I was looking for reviews of the product before buying. After reading the company's own statements, I'll find something else.
 7th of May, 2012 by   Concerned Citizen13 +2 Votes
I came across the SCOE 10x website today because I'm looking for something to clean an old cat urine stain on my carpet. The website posts hundreds of glowing reviews of the product, and the reviews are introduced with this statement: "All Customer Reviews are from actual SCOE 10X customers. All reviews are unsolicited, unedited and posted within 24 hours of receipt." As I started reading the reviews, it became clear that they just didn't ring true. They sounded like messages you would hear about the product in a commercial, and 100% of the reviews were extremely positive. Even very good products will have at least some lukewarm reviews.

Since I thought the website had blatantly lied about the customer feedback, I went looking for actual reviews from unbiased sources, and found quite a few complaints about the return policy, quality of the product, and inaccessibility of customer service. I suspect that BellesAZ is an agent of the company, but I think she did more harm than good by posting verbatim the return policy, which is one of the more outrageous things I've ever read. If you read their whole guarantee, it's even worse. They give complicated instructions that are arguably impossible to follow to the letter (lukewarm water could mean a lot of things), and then they say that any dissatisfaction with the product is 100% due to user error. (Although they also have a page that says removing urine from carpet is very challenging.) The Better Business Bureau reports that the state of Georgia has filed an action against the company for unfair or deceptive business practices.

I frankly don't know how well this product works, but I will never buy it and find out, because of all of the red flags raised by the website, the BBB, and reviews on unbiased sites. In the meantime, I'm using a home remedy that I found for FREE at http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urinestainremoval.htm. I've used it successfully before on my mattress. I think it will eventually work on my carpet, but may take several applications.
 10th of Jul, 2012 by   Quito's mom 0 Votes
Interesting read. But, being one of those who posted a couple of years ago on their website, I want to assure you that at least I am real. lol And emotional. When your dog gets skunked you get emotional. Anyone who has never had to sleep with the pungent odor (being nice) of skunk next to their nostrils will not understand the degree of emotion one can feel at discovering a product that actually works. Not only did it work for my last dog - twice - it just worked for my new dog and it has been expired for almost a year. I kept meaning to order more just for this eventuality but never got around to it. So, full strength and expired - it still worked. And yay! I'm emotional!

But, as a real person, I also have to let you know that you can reach people in the company if you try hard enough. I did and had a long conversation with a very nice woman about removing cat urine from carpet and floors. She talked me through the directions, which you HAVE TO follow for success. I'm guessing a leather couch would be similar, but I'd recommend getting their advice. For cat urine, it is not just the carpet that's the problem. It's the pad under the carpet and the floor under the pad. Their product needs to be pressure sprayed into the floor. Have I tried it? No. I'm too lazy to rent the pressure sprayer and don't relish the job. There are companies that use their product to do that very thing, and the nice woman told me the name of them but I've forgotten it. I'll get around to it eventually.

But for cat vomit on carpets - great! It works. And small urine issues - it works also. But I have a room which eventually I'll pull all the carpet and pressure spray the wood floors. I'm sure it'll work because I'll follow the directions to the letter. Love this product! Going to buy more right now!
 12th of Jul, 2012 by   Sara Bloom 0 Votes
I used BioFog Scoe 10x on an easy chair in the basement where the cat went several times before I noticed the odor. Scoe didn't help much with that, but when my dog got sprayed by a skunk, I used it on his harness and collar which seemed to soak up the stink more than the dog did. I soaked both with the product, as well as a washcoth I used to bathe the dog and let it dry on the line outside. No more skunk odor. I was really impressed how well the product worked. I used the recommended homemade peroxide, baking soda, and dish liquid concoction from the internet on the dog, left it on for 5 min and. he still smells like skunk. Ordered more Scoe 10x to clean up the odor. For skunk spray, this stuff is the best. I am a real person who is very pleased with the product. Going to try it on the chair again. P.S. Bleach doesn't work well on cat urine. The odor comes back as soon as the bleach dissipates and the fumes are noxious to people and pets.
 25th of Aug, 2012 by   Nurse86 0 Votes
I have used this product for awhile now and I am ordering more. I have cats and it works really well for the cat box and accidents they have on my carpet. I really like the product.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   andrea robinson 0 Votes
I have yet to use the product, but am about to order for the 1st time...I've read most of the comments and have decided to try for myself before opening my mouth...Wish me luck...
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   Ellen Schafer-Decker 0 Votes
I am also about to order for the first time. A home company can be overwhelmed when their company gets very busy. Some people should just never try to be in "customer service". If the person who came up with the formula is trying to do everything, that could be the problem. Maybe they need a person to take care of just this aspect of the business! Just a note to those who have tried bleach... Ammonia in cat Urine should never be mixed with bleach! Lysol will help a little and does not contain bleach. If floors have been stained for years nothing will work. Hope you had good luck Andrea.
 17th of Nov, 2012 by   kintops 0 Votes
I also purchased this after reading the glowing reviews. I followed all the directions and it did not work. I sent in my own review which was never put on-line. It was a 50-50 review, not totally against it. However, it led me to believe they only publish the "glowing" reviews on their website and not the negative ones. I would not buy this again. I found a good cleaner from "Dr. fosters and smith."
kintops.
 29th of May, 2013 by   maintenanceguy 0 Votes
I'm an apartment manager and maintenance man and have used Scoe 10X against the worst odor I have ever experienced. A man abandoned his apartment, leaving behind several years of used adult diapers all over the floor. There was a good 18" deep layer of them throughout the apartment. The scent was unimaginable and permeated everything. I tried Scoe 10X and had limited success with one treatment. I had torn out the carpet and pad and saturated the plywood floor, the walls, the ceilings... everthing with Scoe 10X. It took five treatments over a week (about 10 gallons of mixed solution) to make the apartment rentable. I don't believe anything would have worked better. I have used it successfully since and will use it again.

Cecil County Credit Card Fraud