logo

ERIC CORL/IDEA BUYER
TOTAL SCAM, FALSE RESUMES
4. (31 mins ago)
Cydcor
Cydcor and the I.C.L's arent a scam
5. (34 mins ago)
Universal Trading Strategies
Don’t buy software from them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

BILLFLOAT SMARTPAY

Posted: 2013-01-05 by    pissedoffcustomer2

UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS

BILLFLOAT
I FINANCED A PHONE THRU BILLFLOAT SMARTPAY'S PROGRAM AT METRO PCS. I WENT IN THE STORE TO DO THE TRANSACTION. THE SET ME UP FOR 6 PAYMENTS, WITH THE FIRST BEING THAT DAY, JANUARY 3, 2013. THE OTHER 5 PAYMENTS WOULD BE DUE THE 1 OF THE MONTH AFTERWARDS. TODAY, JANUARY 5, 2013, I DISCOVERED THEY WENT INTO MY ACCOUNT AND CHARGED ME 2 MORE INITIAL PAYMENTS. YOU CANT GET AHOLD OF THEM ON THE PHONE, I WONDER WHY?? AND EMAILS, THAT AINT HAPPENING AND I READ AT OTHER BOARDS IF THEY DO RESPOND, YOU STILL GET THE RUN AROUND. THEY ARE A SCAM AND MAKES ME WONDER WHY METRO PCS DOES BUSINESS WITH THEM..
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2013 by   Susan_B +1 Votes
Hello,
I am Susan, a SmartLine Customer Support Representative. Thank you for posting. We apologize for any issues you experienced using SmartLine. Please e-mail us at SmartLineSupport@billfloat.com your contact info using the e-mail you applied to SmartLine with and we will be happy to sort out any outstanding errors.
Best,
Susan B.
SmartLineSupport@billfloat.com
 8th of Jan, 2013 by   pissedoffcustomer2 0 Votes
it gets WORSE...im NOT a smartline customer, im a SMARTPAY customer...
 11th of Jan, 2013 by   notrustncomp 0 Votes
This company is a scam..Taking unauthorized money out of my account.It's putting me in financial bind.Not able to pay other bills, due to them taking money out every week.Can't reach anyone..Take my advice to deal with them..
 18th of Jan, 2013 by   angel79 0 Votes
I'm in the same boat. They are charging me over $500 in finance charges for a six month loan. I'm talking to an attorney as we speak. The other funny thing is that they didn't supply me with a copy of the contract becasue it was all done over the internet. Any advice is greatly appreciated?
 25th of Jan, 2013 by   Edwina Jones +1 Votes
Is this website a scam. I tried all morning to get on this website.I cant get no homepage and i cant get nobody on phone.And why Ihave to answer someone else question before I can get my question answer'
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   Amil77 0 Votes
I told them to pay off the entire account so I could close it and they never processed the transaction. Causing me to still have to pay interest plus they don't send you emails or confirmations when your account is gettin charged. They also don't have a way for you to log in and see your account.
 14th of Jun, 2013 by   Nomorefraud1 0 Votes
OMG is the only thing I can think of. I also floated a METROPCS bill and just spent the last hour submitting complaints to the Better Business Bureau. They claim I owe over $50.00 more than what my final bill was at Metro. To make matters worse, the initial reason I contacted their customer help center was because there is no transaction history listed on my account on their website. They have all my information, phone, dob, name, social, bank account number, address, etc...BUT THERE IS NO PAYMENT HISTORY OR RECORD OF PAYMENTS MADE, BALANCE DUE, PAYMENT SCHEDULE...NOTHING!!! are you kidding me? The last 2 days have a been a nightmare trying to email them and get a hold of them on the phone. I can't view my account history, but "all of a sudden" I owe them more money than my receipt says they floated??? This company is a joke and a fraud. I also told a Metro employee they need to get as far away as they can from this business. How many other people are they taking advantage of? This whole situation disgusts me. Billfloat, INC disgusts me. FYI, if you search Billfloat, INC on the BBB website, there is all their corporate office address information as well as some contacts and phone numbers. Happy hunting.
 3rd of Dec, 2013 by   Katherine Astin 0 Votes
Hello my name is Katherine Astin i purschased my phone about 8months ago and its nothing fancy just a HUAWEI with a 45 dollars plane im still paying on the phone i wonder how much did the phone really cost.
I've already paid over 320.00 for a 180.00 phone please help
 3rd of Dec, 2013 by   Nomorefraud1 0 Votes
Since this Billfloat company likes to play dirty, I played dirtier. In ' your account ' page on their website, delete your account information and unsubscribe to their so-called "pay reminder emails". There is an option to actually delete your account on their site. They are stupid, they email you a pay reminder but at the bottom of the email there is a link that says "want to stop receiving emails from this company?" and a link to unsubscribe. I cancelled my debit card that I had the payments coming out of. It was a relatively minor inconvenience to report a lost card and wait for a replacement card as opposed to getting scammed out of hundreds of dollars by fraudulent charges and ridiculous interest. If I were you, I would highly recommend doing the same. Screw them. They are only screwing you.
 3rd of Dec, 2013 by   Nomorefraud1 0 Votes
 6th of Dec, 2013 by   CAROLYN CASELLA 0 Votes
i don't know why there called smart pay support because the way there stealing peoples money by taking unauthorized payments is wrong. not once but a few times. I have called them and faxed them a letter stating there wrong doing. I was assured it would not be done, but long and behold it was done again. I have gone to my bank to stop this payment, but mean while I'm going to have an over draft. They have caused me to stress behind any level i have felt. i would advise anyone not to get ANYTHING WITH THEM. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!
 28th of Jan, 2014 by   lenaluvbeans 0 Votes
When I went to the Great Mall and ran into the salesmen at Crazy Wireless kiosk. I just merely was glancing at phones but not there to buy. I saw a sign that said you can now buy phones with billfloat service. I asked the salesmen what exactly that meant. They informed me it was just like billmelater. He said I could pick a phone take it home and pay it off in four payments. I said what’s the catch? He said no catch at all. I was very hesitant. He promised me that it was a great deal and there was nothing shady about it. Well after haggling with me for thirty minutes he convinced me it was legit and as easy as billmelater. Well, I supplied my email address (which I never check) and my mailing address and viola I had a phone. Well I got billed directly out of my ATM card. I figured four months later I was done. Well, I had my ATM card stolen 5 months later. I cancelled the card. Billfloat contact me and said that I owed my payment. I was like no way I paid you guys off already. Then I demanded to know how much more they thought I owed them. Mind you the phone I bought was a Galaxy S3 $499 (now sold at Best Buy for $399). They said I still owed 6 payments of $110!!! I was like what the hell are you talking about? They said that billfloat is a leasing program and that I didn’t own the phone until I paid it off and the payments were $110 for 10 months!! That’s $1, 100 for a $500 phone! Why the hell would anyone pay that? I said this is ridiculous. It’s a scam. No one told me the truth and barely now I find out? They said they sent me an email months ago. Well I never check my personal email (which I admit I should now start doing). I expected to receive something in the mail like a real legit company would do. Billmelater does send you something in the mail. Not only did I get robbed but crazywireless lied to me and withheld the truth about this sham. Billfloat said I only had 3 months to pay the phone off and since I didn’t the I was stuck in a leasing contract. I refuse to pay them another dime. I way overpaid for the phone and I was swindled. I sent them back their phone this month and told them I am not paying anything else. They said I still owe them this month’s rent $110!! No way am I paying them another dime. Not only have I overpaid I now paid $550 for a phone I don’t have! I had to go out and buy a legit phone from Best Buy that cost another $500! Billfloat is saying they won’t give me my money back and that I still owe them $110 for this month, January 2014. And they said they won’t cancel my contract until they receive payment. They say I signed their contract. I never saw a contract. They said the contract was 10 pages long and electronic. The crazy wireless guy had me sign the computer for what was supposedly my payment for my first month bill. Never once was I told anything about any contract. When I asked billfloat to send me a copy of the signed version of the contract nowhere on there is my signature. This is ridiculous. I want justice. Both companies are bad. I deserve my money back for all the lies and deceit and stress.
 15th of Apr, 2014 by   Errcenter 0 Votes
This place needs to be sued. My phones were paid for. They took 5 payments out of my acct in to week and I got charged for over draft fees.
 22nd of Apr, 2014 by   JoceTho 0 Votes
My name is Jocelyne. I too became a victim of Billfloat S martpay. I went to the MetroPCS location on Old Country Road in Westb.ury to purchase a new Android phone. I was told by the representative that I would be able to finance the phone and make monthly payment if I didn't have the total amount of $661.00 to pay for the phone on that day. I agreed to proceed with the financing. The MetroPCS representative filled out the electronic application on their Internet system for me. No copy of the contract was provided to me. He opened a line of credit for me for $1, 400, He wanted to make sure I will be approved for the phone cost and any other accessory I needed. The credit line was approved and we proceeded to check out. The total came up to $661.00 which was charged against the credit line he opened for me with Smartpay Billfloat. I was set up for 10 payments. Total cost of $661.00 divided by 10 payments is $66.10. However, Smartpay charged me $142.29 every month since Dec 2013. I figured they will charged this amount until the $661.00 is paid up. I was charged $142.29 for 5 months. $142.29 multiply by 5 months (Dec 2013 to Apr 2013) equals $711.45. I received an text message from Smartpay Billfloat indicating that they will continue to debit my account for an additional 5 months for $131.00. I called them for an explanation. They told me they will continue to deduct this amount regardless of my complaint because I agreed to 10 payments. I explained to them that the amount charged against the credit line was only $661.00 per my receipt. They said they will continue to charge it any way from my account. I called MetroPCS for help. MetroPCS representatives told me that I need to resolve this issue with Smarpay Billfloat. Therefore, I called my bank, cancelled the bank card and request that a stop payment be put in place preventing Smartpay Billfloat from making any further withdrawals from my account. I need to take legal action against them to prevent them from accessing any of my assets. They are definitely a scam. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
 10th of May, 2014 by   Don't use BillFloat SmartPaySupport 0 Votes
They did the same thing to me. Metro PCS is deceiving customers by telling them payments will stop after amount of phones was paid. Billfloat SmartPay got creative by illegally charging our account a different Amounts
 21st of May, 2014 by   Monika 33 0 Votes
I regret the day I signed for it. I could have paid cash.
I am looking for a lawyer . They charged me 5 times went throgh the same pain. Cancelled my card, stop the payments, it is usury and I bet we can sue this people.
 25th of May, 2014 by   tkg73 0 Votes
I was never informed of the program when I got suckered into it! Never knew the number of payments! When making the down payment, they wouldn't take my card! (It's a direct deposit card from my job! It's a debit card!) At the time I was glad my mom was with me so she just put the down payment on her card! I was happy I got my phone...yeah!! I requested my payments for the 5th...And the 5th comes & goes...no text message?? Then I contact this company & they informed me that my mom's card is on file...NEVER authorized for any type of reoccurring payments & would never have got involved with this if I knew it was for 10 months!! I have emailed advising them it's fraudulent activity, quoting FDCPA laws...I still get a text message today saying it's coming out on the 28th! I AGREE WE MIGHT HAVE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST BOTH SMART PAY AS WELL AS METRO PCS!! I'm going to look for an attorney also!! Anyone interested in joining up...message my profile!!
 28th of May, 2014 by   Raina Tate-Flowers 0 Votes
Smartpay/Billfloat is the worst company EVER!!! Just like several of you, I got duped into the BS by MetroPCS. The phone II had mysteriously stopped working all of the sudden and I went to get it fixed at MetroPCS. When I was told that my phone could not be fixed, I decided to purchase a new Galaxy 4. The sales representative told me about Bill float and of course they tried to get me to take more out on the loan then I needed.I qualified for it in $800 loan but I decided to only take $600 and change just to cover the cost of the phone and a case. In no way was I told the terms of the contract. The only thing I was told was that had 90 days same as cash with no interest.they did not tell me this will be a 10 month lease costing me $121 every month. Now here I am getting charges from my bank account from SmartPay constantly. I have filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and supposedly they emailed the terms which they did not. I'm going to end up spending close to $1200 for a $600 phone. That is ridiculous!!! I have been a customer of MetroPCS for approximately 8 years and because of this dealing with Billfloat, SmartPay, whatever, I will be changing carriers as soon as this phone is paid off.class action lawsuit against SmartPay is needed. This company is worse than pawn shops.
 29th of May, 2014 by   wesstevens 0 Votes
Same thing you guys are saying. Is anyone filing a class action suit? I gave my girlfriend my credit card info over the phone. The man at the metro pcs kiosk said the phone was $69. Not so. They hit her for a "free" case for $20, 4 payments of $75, and today they called me saying their is $120 still due.

I am not doing that.
 2nd of Jun, 2014 by   redgoddess87 0 Votes
I just contacted a lawyer about a class action lawsuit against smartpay/billfloat. The lawyer's phone number to add your name to the suit is the following 4154434949. I was also told that I would have less payments than they have charged me. When I called them, they told me that I actually signed up for 10 months of payments, at $130.50 each. I said that was insane, I never agreed to that amount of payments, and informed them I would be contact an attorney, then I hung up.

2011 Tax Changes