logo

Incorrect order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bill-Me-Later.com Complaints & Reviews - Billing & account error!

Bill-Me-Later.com Contacts & Informations

Bill-Me-Later.com

Posted:    Valerie

Billing & account error!

The business is online at bill-me-later.com. I had a credit balance on my account. I used that credit balance to purchase an item through a merchant that supports their service. I received a discount for doing so and purchased my products. When I went to see my account online, it showed I had a zero balance, but no balance due. Somehow, the merchant I did business with did not retain my current information and bill-me-later.com opened a new account under a wrong name, and did not utilize my credit balance from my already established account.

Bill-Me-Later refuses to correct their records and I still have not received credit for my original account and now they said I must pay the balance on the account that doesn't even have my name. I refuse to do any further business with Bill-Me-Later.com and I will make sure to warn all my friends and family of this business's poor customer service.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Bill-Me-Later.com complaints
Bill-Me-Later.com - Terrible customer service

Comments

10th of Dec, 2006 by   norman poff 0 Votes
I tried to buy a item boater world for 600. dollars when I tried to get Bill-Me-Later.com they said to try a different card. I know my credit is not the best but I payed my bill, Bill-Me-Later.com said no and did not check my credit report is this the the way they do business? All that I have heard must be true. Won't even answer my e mail.
 21st of Feb, 2007 by   Gabriel Fisher 0 Votes
Never got chance to purchase any of Bill-Me-Later.com product. Dont think it is right to pay for something never used.
 12th of Mar, 2007 by   Erik Bluvias 0 Votes
I sent a payment well over the minimum amount, well before the due date. Then i received a call from bill me later telling me that they never received the funds. I thought maybe a mix up with the postal service, so i did an electronic transfer for almost the estimated balance. I then proceeded to check my account online. I noticed to debts to my account from bill me later. One for the electronic transfer, and one from the check that i wrote. The bill me later operator also told me that i would not get charged a late fee. The debts to my account were both on the same day and i also got the late payment penalty. Now because the check that i wrote them went through i had to do some fancy footwork to recover so i would not get hit with overdraft fees from my bank. This cost me a lot of time and frustration. My question is, did they have the check the entire time?
 16th of Mar, 2007 by   John Todd 0 Votes
My experience with Bill Me Later is that when you send payments in they sit on them to get late fees. I mail them to an in state address and it takes almost 2 weeks to post payment. Why doesn't the government do something about places like this.
 1st of Oct, 2007 by   eddia j ross 0 Votes
I made a purchase through bill me later. I decided to make another purchase and add it on to my existing account. The cust service lady added this to my account and upped my payments to accomodate the second purchase. After this I received an e-mail from bill me later that my second purchase was declined. I called bill me later and asked them to return my payments to the previous agreement but they kept my payments the same as if I had made the additional purchase, so I would be making payments on something that I never received. Why did the cust ser rep do this before she checked to see if my second purchase was approved? Then talking to cust service reps did no good and talking to a supervisor was even worse, it was like talking to the wind, they will not listen, all I heard over and over, this is our policy. I will never deal with these people again. Also if you set up payments to come out of your checking acct it is only for six months, and if you do not happen to remember to call and renew the withdrawals they charge late fees, the reason they do this is to be able to charge late fees. This company is a scam.
 17th of Nov, 2007 by   Lori 0 Votes
I recently purchased a refrigerator from GE's online store. The website said they were running a promotion and I could get 6 months no interest if I signed up for BillMeLater. Why not? I thought. I was going to just pay for it, but if I could get 6 months to pay, it sounded like a good idea. Before the refrigerator was delivered, I received a bill from BillMeLater, which indicated that I was being charged 19.99% interest. I called and the customer service rep told me that they don't have a program with GE, so I certainly couldn't have signed up for 6 months no interest. So I called GE and they told me that they periodically run promotions with BillMeLater, but the last time they ran something was a week before I purchased my refrigerator. Each company blamed the other and I received no resolution. Thank goodness I have the cash to just pay the darn thing off. But I don't think I'll use either company going forward.
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by   MARK KAVANAGH 0 Votes
Never again, could not setup online payment using their retarded methodology for doing so. Then incurred finance fee.

Paying off in full.

Never again.
 24th of Nov, 2007 by   William Joanans 0 Votes
Remember, "Bill me Later" is just Citibank. We all know they are thieves.
 25th of Nov, 2007 by   Sheba Jackson 0 Votes
WOW!!! Thanks everyone for saving me before I made a huge mistake!
 9th of Jan, 2008 by   Shundel Stephenson 0 Votes
Never again as well. I misplaced the original bill so the payment was late; I subsequently recived a bill from them for with finance charge of 54+ percent finance charge and late fees. I called customer care and immediately closed the account. It's disheartening to me beacuse I used the service because it was the easiest option and I was in a hurry. Credit is not an issue for, so good-by bill me!
 2nd of Feb, 2008 by   Kenneth Lenghart 0 Votes
Although I have never purchased any merchandise from Bill-Me-Later their advertisements seemed to be rational to me. However I often wondered how a store like this could make any money. It seems that if looks to good then it isn't. Please do not invest any money into Bill-Me-Later.
 12th of Apr, 2008 by   GK 0 Votes
Billmelater.com is totally untrustworthy and does not care about customers.
They only care about taking your money. It is just impossible to get them to correct a mistake. Their reps and

supervisors just repeat the same thing each and every time from some script.”We are not responsible..call the merchant.”
Anyways, lets begin with this, I was entitled to a free product from Equifax due to Hillis/Slack Settlement and picked

the billmelater option without realizing that I was openning an account with billmelater.com. I realized I made a

mistake in the payment option and cancelled the order 2 days later with the Equifax. Equifax told me I would not be

charged. However, I received a email from billmelater.com that a bill was on the way. I immediately called

billmelater.com on it to inform them of the cancellation. billmelater.com keeps saying that they already paid Equifax

the money and I would have to call Equifax and have Equifax refund the money back to billmelater.com. This did not make

sense to me but I went along and called Equifax on it and told them that what billmelater.com told me, that

billmelater.com wanted their money back from Equifax for the cancelled order. Equifax in turn, maintains that they never

got money from billmelater.com for the cancelled order and to call billmelater.com back to inform them that the order

was cancelled and to adjust the bill. So here I am getting the run around calling billmelater.com and Equifax back and

forth with each sticking to their story that…we paid them…tell them to give it back to us…no..no.. we did not get any

money…tell them to adjust your account..so and so on. I decided to logon to billmelater.com to check on my account

status. I saw the original charge or $9.95 has gone up to $16.95. Wow, I thought this is outrageous. billmelater is

charging interest of 19.99% plus late fees because I have not paid it. Another thing I found is that they do not accept

credit card for payment online. They will only take money through electronic funds transfers from your bank account. It

is puzzling to me that payment options here are so limited. From one of my many calls to billmelater.com, I was told

that I could dispute it online but when I logged in to the billmelater site there is no such option. You have to

download some dispute form and mail it in. Now, I am so frustrated that I reported billmelater.com to BBB because I

think billmelater.com is pulling a scam in trying to collect money they are not entitled to. I am thinking of reporting

Equifax to the BBB too. They are just as guilty as billmelater.com because Equifax website promises to take care of

their customers but all I got was run around. Maybe, I should contact Hillis/Slack Settlement people about this

billmelater and equifax marriage. Someone is scamming someone...Could be another class action suit in the making for.
How can something so simple that should be have been easily corrected turn into a consumer nightmare??? Imagine if

every time you made a purchase with a credit card...the only way to get a refund was to file a dispute with the credit

card company?? This is how billmelater.com has decided to handle refunds from merchants. So buyers beware

of...billmelater. Don't click on that link...
Just google billmelater scams or billmelater fraud and you will see that I am not the only one that has been ensnarled

by the billmelater trap.
 16th of Apr, 2008 by   Heather Fields 0 Votes
Dear GK,
I work for Bill Me Later and would be happy to help with your situation. Please feel free to contact me at: heather.fields@billmelater.com

Sincerely,
Heather Fields
Bill Me Later, Inc.
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by   Lee Moore 0 Votes
I have to say that this is the wost company that I have ever had the dis-pleasure to come across. To make a long story short I used them a few times and all the sudden I have 2 accounts with them with now way logging into my account. So I call them to pay my account in full and do so. Then they start calling telling me that I have not paid on my account in several months and I have all these charges on this second account.
DO NOT USE BILL-ME-LATER. Very very poor customer service. After 6 months still do not get bill in the mail and I can not log in to an account that shows that I owe anything. I think i going to call a lawer I really do not trust these guys at all.
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by   mary 0 Votes
I was charge for rin tone I never purchased and was take minutes off my phone. I wrote to them and said I am a cancer patient need phone for my Dr.'s to call they took all my minutues. 215 688 1481
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by   mary 0 Votes
Please don't give no one my # what do I do about my $40.00 that was taken off my cell phone for ring tones.
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by   mary 0 Votes
How many times must I submit this to you. When will I hear from you.
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by   mary 0 Votes
Thank You for listening to me about my cell phone But am I writting the right thing.
 26th of Apr, 2008 by   Nicky 0 Votes
DO NOT TRUST BILL ME LATER to do ANYTHING but DEFRAUD you!

In July 2007, I orderd $575.99 worth of furniture from Gately's www.designdining.com website. I chose BillMeLater as my method of payment. I already had an acct w/them and had never had any problems. At the time the order was placed, I took advantage of the 3 months-deferred-payments plan. My furniture was supposed to arrive weeks after my order. The furniture didn't arrive when it was supposed to. I went to the furniture website and entered my order#. It said that the dining set was on backorder and that I could "click here" to PROCEED with waiting, or NOT click so that the order would self-cancel. I elected to self-cancel.

Fastforward to my first bill from BML. I shouldn't have received it, first of all. The order had been cancelled. I had not RECEIVED it. At this point, I try to call Gatelys. COuldn't get a human on the phone. So then I call BML, who tells me how to file a formal complaint. The next day, I sent a certified letter to BML, along with the complaint form PLUS a copy of THEIR (BML) terms of service. Per #7a at https://www.securecheckout.billmelater.com/paycapture-content/fetch?hash=PD4106KD&content=bmlweb/bmlwebtnc.html. In early January, I received a written response to my complaint stating that all charges would be reversed, and they were. I thought that was the end of it. Boy was I wrong.

I received no statements for Feb and Mar 2008 b/c there was no activity on the account. This month (April 2008), I received a statement. I thought, "Here we go again." Now here's the kicker. BML allowed Gatelys to charge my account for the charges BML REMOVED IN JANUARY! So now I'm right back where I started. So once again, I call customer service, who tells me that this is NOT a chargeback, and that Gatelys was the merchant that put the charge on the account. I was told, once again, to file a formal complaint.

Let me say this first. Less than one week after I ordered the furniture, Gatelys filed bankruptcy. However, their sites were still up and running and TAKING ORDERS from consumers for at LEAST 6 weeks AFTER filing bankruptcy. When I tried to login to their site in December (when the first catastrophe w/BML occurred, it stated that it was "temporarily closed" for "updating". What a crock. They were also no longer listed on BML as a BML merchant. So how in the heck are they charging my acct now when they don't even have a merchant acct w/BML??????

Back to the story. On April 17, 2008, I filed my second formal complaint. Today, April 26, 2008, I received a response. BML has changed their tune now. They're saying that the charges are valid "“because the merchant states that you were beyond the timeframe to receive a refund.” Uh, no. That's a lie. There WAS no cancellation policy. And even if there was, I NEVER GOT THE DA*M FURNITURE! BML is in full and willful violation of their OWN LEGALLY BINDING TERMS OF SERVICE by continuing to bill me for this. They cannot provide any evidence of this said "cancellation" policy, and just b/c that fraud of a company Gatelys SAID there was an agreement does NOT make it true. And they also cannot provide me with a delivery receipt, much less one bearing my signature.

Their worthless Consumer Dispute dept in Timonium, MD is a joke. In the letter I sent to them, they COMPLETELY ignored my questions (which were in bold, underlined text) asking why I was responsible for items NOT received. I'm complaining to the CEO of the company now, and after that, the Attorney General in my state, in Maryland, and in Nebraska. I will also be filing complaints with the BBB and FTC. I will also complain to TV news "troubleshooters", and last but not least, I am going to hire an attorney. I will fight this, and I will win per THEIR OWN TERMS OF SERVICE. And on top of that, I'm goign to request reimbursement of all legal fees, travel fees, etc. that I incur in fighting this flim-flam company. And if they put this on my credit report, I will take them to court too. I'll spend the money, just to keep them from getting it. If I had received the items, I'd gladly pay for them (I've always paid my other BML bills), but I'll NOT pay approximately $600 for something I never even got, and then have Gatelys and or BML make up lies to cover their butts while they try to screw me. It's not happening.
 27th of May, 2008 by   Baker 0 Votes
Bill Me Later's web site is confusing by design. This company makes money by making it difficult for you to settle your account prior to late fees. It feeds on the notion that you will not be able to pay your bill on time. And if you can pay on time, Bill Me Later already has the roadblocks in place to distract you, to increase your chances of being dinged with late fees. Will never use this service again.

Congratulations Youve Been Scammed