logo

My Perfect Resume
It is fraud
2. (16 mins ago)
Bald and Purri Sphynx Cattery
Trouble with breeder (Brenda bevan)
3. (18 mins ago)

PayPal's Bill Me Later Scam

PayPal
Maryland
billmelater.com
In July of 2012, I purchased an item on ebay and paid for it using PayPal as i usually do with online purchases. Several months later I received a bill from Bill Me Later stating that I owe them for this purchase. I informed them that I did not bill the purchase to Bill Me Later, so this constituted an unauthorized re-routing of my PayPal request to Bill Me Later and requested that they reverse their error and return the charge to PayPal so I can pay for it. They stated that due to internal regulations this is impossible (even though Bill Me Later is a part of PayPal) and the only option would be for me to have the merchant refund the item and then pay for it using PayPal. Unfortunately, by this time (more than 3 months after the purchase) the merchant refused to refund the purchase or transfer the fee to another mode of payment. I have called Bill Me Later and PayPal several times to rectify the issue but they refuse to resolve this issue, even though it has resulted from their unauthorized use of my Bill Me Later account for a charge that I had directed to the PayPal account. After months of phone calls with all parties involved and not having any success in resolving the issue, I have lost all hope of PayPal resolving this issue. I took my complaint to Better Business Bureau but PayPal remained unrepentent of their intentional or mistaken unauthorized use of the Bill Me Later account. I have decided I will not yield to this man-handling of my rights and will broadcast it as much as I can.
Comments United States Ebay Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of May, 2013 by   th!sman 0 Votes
Send to your state AG, FTC, CFPB, report theft to FBI, police and a local TV station.
 14th of Nov, 2013 by   Crockett2 0 Votes
I made a purchase and used Pay Pal to pay for the transaction. I started to pay on-line, backed up, reset some information, and then continued to check out using Pay Pal. A month later I received a statement from Bill Me Later saying that I owed them $40 plus a late charge. I have NEVER set up a Bill Me Later account and have never used BML. I had proof that I paid through Pay Pal with a debit card and had the bank statement to prove it. BML may have a default setting that I did not see, or hijacked my account, but I did not set up an account, though they say I have one. BML sent a $40 payment, unbeknownst to me, to the business I dealt with. The business received two $40 payments and did not tell me. My wife sent a $40 payment to BML and the business sent me $40 as a refund. BML is still sending statements now saying that we owe $64 in late charges. I have talked to both Pay Pal and BML to let them know that I have never used BML and have never set up an account.
 5th of Mar, 2014 by   Dmdezign 0 Votes
PayPal bill me later has the absolute worst customer service ever. I closed my account and will NEVER re-open it! If anyone is thinking of opening an account take my advice and DONT!!!
 12th of Mar, 2014 by   Lindy2Direct 0 Votes
The same thing has happened to me, but on numerous occasions!!! They have not responded to me when I've attempted to contact them.
Now there are constantly increasing charges for interest, added to charges to BML that I never authorized. There are a lot of sellers who require the use of PayPal, but when I use it, it always sends the charges to BML!! I'm just not purchasing anything through PayPal
anymore, but I still seem to be stuck with an enormous balance through BML!!
BEWARE, anyone who signs up for BML through PayPal!!!

WSYX Columbus Coverage Being Used as Scam Source