logo

Michael Ray - The Artist
scam for money
3. (38 mins ago)
Lal Kitab Aamrit
Fraud Pandit (GD Vashist)
4. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
Facial Improvements

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bigelow Homes, Park Forest, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Most upsetting experience my husband and me have ever experienced

Bigelow Homes Contacts & Informations

Bigelow Homes

Posted:    Valerie

Most upsetting experience my husband and me have ever experienced

Bigelow Homes
323 Main St
Park Forest, Illinois
Phone: (708) 481-3040
www.bigelowhomes.com
Purchasing a new home in Legacy Square home development in Park Forest built by Bigelow Homes to say the least has been the most upsetting experience my husband and me have ever experienced.

If we knew, what we know in regards to the many issues we would face purchasing a home from Bigelow homes we would have looked elsewhere.

Below are several incidents that have occurred since our 9/18/07 closing date.

1. Our home has a mailbox on it; however, the post office has informed the residents that we will NOT be receiving any mail in the mailboxes currently attached to the homes. All residents will be receiving cluster boxes throughout the community in which we will need to go and retrieve are mail.

2. 2 weeks after moving in, we experienced a leak over our kitchen, which was due to valves not properly secured. The leak happened on a Saturday evening; however, no one came to address the problem until Monday. My husband had to take time off from work to be there while the problem was fixed, resulting in a decrease in vacation time. If it were done right the first time, the leak would not have occurred.

3. Many residents of the Legacy Square community were charged for water consumption used prior to closing dates of new occupants. To date despite numerous complaints issues are still ongoing with no resolution in sight.

4. Materials used for gates to separate property are dry rotted.
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Apr, 2008 by   Cheryl 0 Votes
What was the problem? I'm currently in that area and i'm starting to get problems. Just wanted to see if you're having the same problem.
 14th of Oct, 2008 by   suzieq +1 Votes
Having owned a Bigelow town home in Hanover Park for 13 years...I'm very familiar the worst builder ever. As if the substandard heating/AC system was not enough...just wait until you get hit with a 16K special assessment to repair structural damage or your balcony might fall in. Never ever ever again.
Happiest day ever was when we sold it.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   craig lafonde 0 Votes
I was a former carpenter that have done most of the carpentry at all the bigelow projects in chicagoland.I was aware of many of the problems that have occured.i addresed these problems to the builder "tony spano" the "job superindent" haha what a joke.simply ignored the structual defects the archetect made . because of the money it would cost im sure of it.hey it at the exspense of you the homeowner. He just knew how to BS people with his christain values.hippocrates!!! money is their "god" i wouldnt have him organize a dog house to be built.

Craig Lafonde
 19th of Mar, 2014 by   V. Martinez 0 Votes
Have owned a Biegelow Home for almost a year. Brad Martin the general
contractor has yet to complete our move in 30 day list. He has mislead, lied, ignored and bullied us continually . I would not recommend a Biegelow Home to anyone. I was nothing but excited to build this home only to be disappointed at every turn once they got our money . I paid 1, 200 for a shower that looks like I took a class at lowes and did it myself. The wrong color of grout was used in my kitchen and bathroom to finish the areas. Brad lied and told us it was a special water proof grout for that area. Really. I would need water proof grout on my kitchen counters by my stove for water ? Biegelow is never wrong and has poor follow thru on their own due diligence .

Advice From 1998 - Bottled Water