logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (34 mins ago)
RPT MyScore
They didn’t cancel my account and no refund
2. (35 mins ago)
Link Promotions
It is fraud.
3. (37 mins ago)
Nulexa
scam
4. (43 mins ago)
T-Mobile
Account name change on a deceased
5. (44 mins ago)

Posted: 2013-01-03 by    coloradobiglots

Employee

Big Lots
Colorado
Its not just Canada, They are run that way from what I hear everywhere. I worked in Colorado and it is horrible there. They are told to clean up the stores get rid of managers and employees and get new people in there. Customers at Big Lots want to know their cashier by name, they remember the Store Managers Birthday, they stop to ask the Furniture Manager about his pet, and tell the stockers/recovery how nice the store looks today. Its stores like Big Lots that ruin statistics on Employee theft and customer service. The DM's and LP's are stresser's in the store unless you are their friend of course then you can use the usual excuses and its acceptable. What do we expect though when they have retired Monkey Wards employees or Pizza Hut /Taco Bell Managers running the place. ( I think the CEO is from like Pizza Hut/Taco Bell) The District in Colorado is run by a bunch of Donald Duck Characters. They blame employees and store managers when in fact its the crap they feed to the store managers and employees that ruin the stores. They set you up for failure and treat you like a thief because they get rewarded for having caught a thief. Seriously do you know how much easier it would be on everyone if they treated their employees like Safeway does. Treat them with respect and your customers will get respect. Bank tellers get paid very little and they dont have the stress level that Big Lots does, because they dont treat their cashiers like thieves. Now seriously what would you rather steal some outdated food from Big Lots or some cash from a Bank. Hopefully neither but you get the idea right? Well Big Lots has a few Big Headed small p***s characters (at least in Colorado) that think they are protecting Fort Knox or something. Oh wow we got DVD's in lets lock em up tight in that there cage and count them daily. Seriously I gotta laugh now at some of the stuff they do in there. Our LP told us employees were stealing register tape and selling it for thousands on Ebay. Like we just laughed about him when he leaves but he really thought he was putting us through his test, and this guy would poop his pants if someone flinched at him. You know he has new title now CFI. You can guess what that stands for. OMG just saw that the Fearless Leader of Big Lots left his people, how funny is that? Well I hope I have helped you feel better about not being so alone in the Big Lots World.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009 by   tommy g. 0 Votes
ON SATURDAY 21 FEB O9, PICKED UP MY 20 % FAMILY DAY DISCOUNT COUPON / STATING SALE TIME6:00 PM> SUNDAY> 2 / 22/ 09. STORE EMPLOYEE TOLD ME TO BE AT THE STORE AT 5:00 PM, I WAS / NO FURNITURE LEFT, IT APPEARS THAT THEY WERE SELLING EVERYTHING STARTING AT 12:00 PM ( NOT FOLLOWING COMPANY POLICY ? TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THEY DID NOT OFFER TO TAKE MY ORDER AND FILL IT WHEN THE NEXT SHIPMENT CAME IN AS IS BIG LOTS POLICY ! MY WIFE HAD PICKED OUT ( ON SATURDAY) ABOUT 1, 500 DOLLARS OF FURNITURE TO FURNISH OUR HOUSE ! THEIR IS NO WAY TO CONTACT THEIR HOME OFFICE SALES TO GET SOME KIND OD REDEMPTION ! WE USUALLY SPEND ABOUT 3 TO 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS EVERY YEAR IN BIG LOTS/ THIS WILL NOW CEASE ! ! !
 9th of Oct, 2011 by   Sharron Alpha 0 Votes
Big Lots is the worst company that is full of crap that treats customers AND fellow employees like crap. There procedures are terrible and the managers should be ASHAMED how employees are treated. At store 1553 Aurora IL I saw a young man trying to help me out as best he could and he kept asking help over the walkie talkie to his manager and that B**** told him she was busy and he had to figure it out. I was so MAD because I never seen a nice employee trying to help me out be kicked in the teeth for that. Shame on Big Lots and that manager who talked down to him. I will never ever shop at another Big Lots again because I never knew how bad the employees were treated.
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   ourjustice01 0 Votes
OH YES!!,
They are so wrapped up, in their own little BIG LOTS PROFIT WORLD,
They've FAILED to see the BIG PICTURE around them!
DOCUMENT! DOCUMENT! DOCUMENT!
There is POWER in NUMBERS!! SPEAK OUT!!
No EMPLOYER has the RIGHT to TREAT their EMPLOYEES like BIG LOTS does!!
ITS time BIG LOTS sees the BIG PICTURE!!
 26th of Apr, 2013 by   coloradobiglots 0 Votes
I wonder how many people they have done this to, I know they made it a joke for awhile just to see who could get rid of who. Oh well I moved on my life is so much better without all the drama. Just feel sorry for the ones that are still struggling with everyday abuse.
 14th of Jan, 2015 by   Art is my name 0 Votes
I'm a current employee at a local Big Lots in SW Ohio. When I first started it was great, I enjoyed the work I was doing and the people I work with, including management. A few months ago I was being offered the furniture manager position and was very excited, that was around Dec. 12, and was told to be checking my e-mail so I could sign off on my background check. Over three weeks went by and I kept asking and was told that the DM was slow at getting these things done. A background check only takes a week top! In the fourth week of waiting I ended up with a write up(cashier) at which point I was told that because of this I was no longer eligible for the manager position. I was told to hang in there and I would be eligible again in 3-6 months. I have ran a cash register and dealt with money since I was 16 and I have NEVER had a bad drawer count! A few days later I was told by a fellow cashier that another manager had messed up four different drawers and then told that I wasn't allowed to say anything about it because she wasn't supposed to say anything. That manager continues to work there and has had no consequences, yet my punishment still stands. To ice the cake, the store manager either comes in late or comes in, shops for twenty minutes and then leaves to return whenever he pleases. Yet if my child is sick at school and needs picked up, my hours get cut and am called a bad employee. I called and reported this manager to the Get Real Hotline(which is a joke in itself). A few days later the slovenly DM came in to start investigating, and somehow even though I gave it anonymously, he knew it was me who called. The man is disgusting and the whole time we were talking he had an enormous booger hanging from his nose, which no one else had informed him and I definitely was not either. During the interview all he did was give excuses for the manager and leeway, although none was given to me for legitimate family emergencies. Evidently once you're a manager you can't be touched, but if you're a peon, you don't matter. I've also heard of other managers getting serious sexual harassment charges against them and instead of being fired they are moved to another store. Currently I am looking for another job and am hoping to find one soon, can't wait till I can walk in and toss my shirt and say" I quit!". Not only will I never work there again, myself and my whole family will never shop there again. BRING DOWN THE BIG LOTS MACHINE!

Food Prices on the Rise