logo

K.W.S Windows and Conservatories
FAILED TO HONOR OUR GUARANTEE
5. (45 mins ago)
Kimtech.ca
They stop responding emails and our phone calls

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Big Fish Games, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES TO PAYPAL ACCOUNT

Big Fish Games Contacts & Informations

Big Fish Games

Posted:    TCAPR01

UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES TO PAYPAL ACCOUNT

BIG FISH GAMES
Michigan
BIG FISH GAMES IS CHARGING EVERYONE'S CREDIT CARD AND PAYPAL ACCOUNT. I BOUGHT ONE GAME FOR MY SON ONE TIME AND HAVE FIVE 6.99 CHARGES ON MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. BEWARE THESE GUYS ARE A SCAM.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2010 by   E Lin 0 Votes
I just got stuck with the same situation. I thought I was buying one Big Fish game from Games2Download and suddenly found that I had 'approved' a monthly fee being deducted from my PayPal account. Definitely beware!
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   Cindy Thornhill 0 Votes
BIG FISH GAMES ARE A TOTAL SCAM! I HAVE NOT PURCHASED A GAME FOR OVER 2 MONTHS AND HAVE NOW SUDDENLY BEEN CHARGED FOR 4 GAMES THAT I HAVE NOT PURCHASED. THEY SEEM TO BE DOING IT ALL THE TIME ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE.
 21st of Oct, 2010 by   Big Fish Games -1 Votes
Big Fish Games prides ourselves in helping every customer individually so that we can present a suitable solution for any issue. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and will work hard to help every customer with any issue they may have when using our site or games.

We can be contacted directly at: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com
 26th of Nov, 2010 by   TheSassiWench 0 Votes
They have been filching my account for months for some "game club" I supposedly signed up for!

And get this, when you log onto your account with them to cancel everything, one of the drop down box reasons to cancel is "I didn't know I signed up for the Game Club" which obviously shows that the company is completely aware of what is going on and yet they continue this practice.

I will NEVER EVER purchase a game from them ever again!

Read about my traumatic experience here:

13th of Dec, 2010 by   Liam_Mac_Liam 0 Votes
Same here!
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   mary 85 0 Votes
I have the same problem. I am getting charged 6.99 every month from this company. I dont even have the game anymore. I want my money back.
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   jim0176 0 Votes
Let the buyer beware. I, too, thought I was buying one game. I wish I had seen this post prior to this. I am sure, if I could talk to someone there, I would be told that I should have read the disclaimer. What a lousy site. I am very computer savvy and constantly warn others to watch what they are doing. I guess for me to get taken in like this is what I really am ticked about. Live and learn!!!
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   Joe9876 0 Votes
Big Fish Games = Total Scam. These guys are as slick as used car salesmen. You buy one of their games for cheap, then somehow you're automatically getting billed $6.99 every month.
They're a total 'cheap whore'. The first time's cheap then you get herpes for the rest of your life.
 11th of May, 2011 by   SleekShiba 0 Votes
JUST DUMP THE FRIGGIN' GAME CLUB YOUR MORONS! Holy cow, how stupid are you people. I just downloaded 1 game because it was the cheapest around, and you know what, I READ THE FINE PRINT! I know that if I want to purchase the game I can get a 1 month free trial, but MUST CANCEL WITHIN THE ONE MONTH PERIOD!! You people need to read more and oggle less. Seriously, this is why people think Americans are ignorant.
 20th of May, 2011 by   2Dream 0 Votes
It's extremely disturbing that people are so quick to shout SCAM when there is none! READ THE FINE PRINT!!!

There is a box one needs to UNCHECK if you do not wish to be a game club member!!!
It clearly states when purchasing the first game! That's all you need to do! Voila situation avoided!

Now, those of you who don't want to be charged anymore, all you need to do is go to the forum and click on the green envelope to the right of the page and contact them and explain you didn't want to be a member and they will resolve this for you, happily, I might add.

You all should have GAME CREDITS in your account for each month you were charged. These credits are good for any Standard Edition game...so you have games you CAN get with these if you choose to. Now they will even let you combine 2 credits to get a Collector's Edition game if you want to. It's a FANTASTIC deal!!! The complaints about this just makes everyone sound ignorant because they didn't READ!!! If you still choose to not be a member, just contact them through their website using live chat or the green envelope and they will clear it up, guaranteed.

Sorry I may sound aggravated, I AM. I am usually much more calm, but I came across this on google trying to do a quick search on a forum topic and I couldn't believe what I was reading in here!

Best of luck to you all!

Happy Gaming!
Dream
 4th of Jul, 2011 by   sask1908 +1 Votes
I also purchased 1 game and now am being charged every month for a game I do not want.
 5th of Dec, 2011 by   maryjen +1 Votes
I was always thought theft was illegal even if the thief returns the stolen money/property particularly when they keep the interest your money has earned them. Then again look at what the banking community did to us and they are still laughing all the way to their safe havens. Groucho Marx must be turning in his grave to see what a sorry State we have allowed to develop.
 25th of Dec, 2011 by   Hotta Gustaveson +1 Votes
I purchased one game from www.bigfishgames.com and one month later my playpal account was billed $6.99 without my authorization. When I purchased a game I did not know that I would be charged on a monthly basis for a membership which I did not consent to. Bigfishgames did not indicate that when you are buying a game from them you credit card or paypal account would be charged monthly a membership fee. Yet their terms of service state the following:
"All payments are non-refundable. Taxes may apply on the Membership Fees. You agree to provide Big Fish Games with valid credit or debit card (or other payment method) information, as well as any updates to such information, such as new expiration dates on credit or debit cards.
YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE BIG FISH GAMES TO AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD, DEBIT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, OR OTHERWISE BILL OR CHARGE YOU IN ACCORDANCE WITH ANY ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHOD YOU HAVE SELECTED, EACH MONTH UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP."

Shameful practice of stealing money from unsuspecting customers.
 28th of Jan, 2012 by   Keebi -2 Votes
The fact that you did not read your computer screens before agreeing to that discount you wanted so badly you just couldn't take a moment to make sure you understood what you were agreeing to, does not make what happened to you "fraud". It *does* however make all of you total morons. Now, because a pack of idiots like yourselves decided to run crying to your credit card companies for something that was YOUR FAULT, I now have to fight with my bank to have the block removed from my debit card so that I (a person who can actually read) can continue to enjoy the awesomeness that is Big Fish Games. Thanks for that! It's exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning!
 31st of May, 2012 by   FedUp354 0 Votes
I am having the same problem with this sorry excuse of a company, I cancelled my account only to find out that they have charged me 6.99 a month TWICE a month for two months, I'm furious, As for the posters who is calling us all ignorant morons We are neither ignorant, nor are we morons, we have been SCAMMED, plain and simple, and it's highly illegal, I read the fine print, I followed the instructions to the letter, I cancelled my card, and I did learn a very valuable lesson, never ever trust BigFish Games
 18th of Oct, 2012 by   cwei 0 Votes
OBVIOUSLY... YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS ONE COMING YET!!!

Like everybody, I purchased 1 game and the next thing you know is, you are a member and paying monthly fee. And like everybody says, you can hardly cancelled it. So I called the credit card company and CANCEL my credit card and issued for a new one. A new card with "DIFFERENT" card numbers.

guess what... 2 years later, the notorious $6.99 is on my "NEW" credit card again.

So, no payment for the past 2 years, you figured that I supposedly to owe big fish $167.76. but...NO...big stinky fish puts you right back in their re-occurrence black box billing system. TOTAL FRAUD, TOTAL SCAM. I am surprised that they are still in business.
 2nd of May, 2013 by   Anti big fish gamer 0 Votes
I have never purchased anything from this company and they charged my credit card somehow. I have been waiting on hold for 40 minutes to try to tell them to stop. Crooks!!!
 2nd of May, 2013 by   goodday222 0 Votes
Only way they can charge your card if you gave them the info.
 15th of May, 2013 by   John7x7 0 Votes
All you need to do is go on their website, log in, and remove your credit card details.

At least I think it works. I agree, their way of working is totally unethical.
 13th of Oct, 2013 by   Binan 0 Votes
I received a confirmation email from Big Fish today, stating that I was charged for Big Fish Casino BASIC. I have not gone to their web site or even used any of their games in over a year or two. This came as a surprise. I immediately logged on the Big Fish web site and removed my credit card info. I will not be doing business with them every again.

7 Easy Ways How to Save on Food